Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Settling In, Or Just Settling?

Message added by Emma Snyder,

Please keep discussion to what happened in THIS episode. Off topic discussion such as, but not limited to, personal anecdotes, pet peeves, etc. belong in small talk. Afterparty discussion belongs in the Afterparty thread. Past season/contestant discussion belongs in their particular season.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Shauna said:

But when she returned from wherever, the bottom of the nightgown (if that's what it was) was all wet.  Why aren't we talking about that??????

I’m thinking she was sitting outside somewhere and smoking until she calmed down.  Maybe a bench or something was wet from previous rain?

Im wondering what men think of her.  My husband who watches also said she reminds him of a drunken big mouth woman sitting on a bar stool spitting out obseneties.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m thinking she was sitting outside somewhere and smoking until she calmed down.  Maybe a bench or something was wet from previous rain?

Im wondering what men think of her.  My husband who watches also said she reminds him of a drunken big mouth woman sitting on a bar stool spitting out obseneties.

Probably.  FWIW, it's been discussed on the Afterparty where they often go when they storm out like that.

BTW, yeah, that's what she reminds me and my husband of.  Like that "Bar Hag" video I posted a couple of weeks ago.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2022 at 9:22 PM, Katie111 said:

How does Jasmine not know how to drive?  Isn’t she like 30 years old? 

If she has lived in Boston her whole life, it’s not that surprising. People who are lifelong New Yorkers don’t necessarily bother with a driver’s license either since they never drive. And Boston drivers? Egad - I don’t blame her. I like to drive but they terrify me. It sounded like Jasmine has always taken public transportation plus she said she was afraid of driving because she had been in a few car accidents.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, endure said:
On 3/30/2022 at 10:25 PM, Katie111 said:

Lindsay’s dress (or nightgown?) is horrible.  She wears very ill fitting clothes.  And then she pairs it in with Adidas slides and then adds a trench coat.  Whaaattt??

And why was it all wet at back like she had peed or sat in a puddle?

And why is she always wearing that green lace top in her talking heads? Were they all filmed on the same day?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I loved the Chef Morency's kitchen scene. Why can't the producers show us more of that kind of interaction? People getting along doing an activity and NOT droning on the entire time about the relationship (well, they did talk a tiny bit, but it wasn't the main focus). 

• Love 3
On 3/30/2022 at 8:28 PM, Katie111 said:

In the clip where O and Katina were talking about how they made up the night before, O appears to have the large new tattoo on his neck.  He’s wearing a turtleneck type sweatshirt (I think to try to hide it) but when he turns to kiss Katima you can see it.  Weird! 

No, not weird.  Deceptive. 

This clearly was recorded nowhere near the time of the fight, and yet the show is happy for us to think it was.  And really, that's insulting to the viewers because it's so obvious.  And sure, this is just some dumb reality TV show, but it's no wonder people have trouble discerning fact from fiction in far more important areas, just because of shit like this, where we know what we're seeing with our eyes but we're told it's something else.

At least with the conversation between Noi and Michael, they weren't manufacturing situations after the fact.  I've wondered why they continue to record people while they're eating, because viewers can see how the liquid levels in glasses are inconsistent with the timeline of the conversation they're portraying.  My only conclusion is that the producers think the viewers are idiots and don't notice, or are idiots because they don't care they're being played.  Regardless of why, they think we're idiots, and I'm insulted.

Also, speaking of the Noi and Michael conversation, I watched it a couple of times, and noticed how much of the "conversation" was Noi talking in a TH with visuals of the two of them at the table.  Or showing each's reaction shot when the other is talking, instead of seeing them saying those words.  And then during the big dum dum DUM moment, where Michael asks her, "So what are you going to do," and she answers, "That's where I'm at right now, Michael," that whole scene had a goblet that was empty with just ice in it, but when Noi says, "That's where I'm at right now, Michael," that goblet was about 1/3 full with a light orange liquid.  So that conversation did NOT go that way.

But at least in that case they're using existing footage for their editing and possible frankenbiting.  At least they have to work at it a little.  But having Olajuwon and Katina making up a whole scene well after the fact in a way that is presented as if it's contemporaneous?  That's a bridge too far for me, especially because it's obvious the show doesn't even care.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I loved the Chef Morency's kitchen scene. Why can't the producers show us more of that kind of interaction? People getting along doing an activity and NOT droning on the entire time about the relationship (well, they did talk a tiny bit, but it wasn't the main focus). 

Oh yeah, that was so much fun I want to cook with Chef Morency!  Now that Jasmina isn't being a sourpuss to him anymore we're getting to see the real Michael and I love his sense of humor!

Speaking of those lasagna rolls, I was trying to figure out why he had two pans and one went into the oven only partially filled.  I think he was filling them with two different fillings.  One looked like it could have been meat, the other cheese, but I still don't get why they were in separate pans.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

Oh yeah, that was so much fun I want to cook with Chef Morency!  Now that Jasmina isn't being a sourpuss to him anymore we're getting to see the real Michael and I love his sense of humor!

Speaking of those lasagna rolls, I was trying to figure out why he had two pans and one went into the oven only partially filled.  I think he was filling them with two different fillings.  One looked like it could have been meat, the other cheese, but I still don't get why they were in separate pans.

I noticed the same thing and wondered if there was a food allergy or dietary difference.  I noticed before that Michael seems to eat a healthier option (which makes sense given his job) so maybe his had turkey and low fat cheese and Jasmina’s was Italian sausage and ricotta (so actually edible - ha!).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Lindsey is kind of a Bar Hag. Mark is kind of a bug-eyed schlub.

I've always seen him as a kind of Barney Rubble.  And that's not necessarily an insult, maybe more like a tease.  He's certainly more like Barney than a "shark".

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don’t get putting peppers in lasagna.  I guess people just put anything they like.   The way he made them was so much less work.  Was that dough pre made and bought like that, size and all?   Jar sauce too.  Easy.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t get putting peppers in lasagna.  I guess people just put anything they like.

Did he?  I guess I figured they were putting them in some accompanying dish.  But yeah, no, I'd never put chopped peppers in lasagna rolls either.

• Love 2

My only conclusion is that the producers think the viewers are idiots and don't notice, or are idiots because they don't care they're being played.  Regardless of why, they think we're idiots, and I'm insulted.

I don't know what the producers think of the viewers but I just don't watch that carefully. This is a multitask show for me and half the time, I'm not even looking at the screen but listening while I do something else. Maybe they figure that's what people are doing?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I haven't read what's come before but did anyone else notice that Lindsey's skirt at the photoshoot with the cats is soaking wet?? I mean the tacky royal blue long dress she was wearing. What is going on??

I noticed that, too, and wondered if she had peed all over it.  I wouldn't put it past her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I know, I don't get why he isn't telling her.  He is being very vague about it and can't he see how that's only going to make her not trust him?  Someone else said maybe it's that he wants to be sure she really loves him for him and not his bank account before he tells her, but I don't get why he doesn't trust her about that yet if so.  She is already saying she loves him, talking about kids etc., without even knowing his financial situation so I would think she has already passed the test.  

What I don't get about Noi is that it's obvious that she's talking about living separately from him now because she doesn't trust him over not telling her about how much he has saved, but she didn't share that with him and he acted clueless with his friend about why she would suggest living apart.  Are the two of them clueless, dense and unable to communicate?  I think the answer is "YES" and that may also be a clue as to why they had to go on this show to find a relationship.

Noi was talking about love after a few days.  That’s not love.  She didn’t know him.  That’s not a pass.  She left over noodles and posted on SM.  He at least know he doesn’t know her.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Kira53 said:

Noi was talking about love after a few days.  That’s not love.  She didn’t know him.  That’s not a pass.  She left over noodles and posted on SM.  He at least know he doesn’t know her.

Yeah, but as of this episode it's not "a few days", it's been a month or more and she's still saying it and he's saying it back so I would think if he was testing her he wouldn't have said the "L" word unless she "passed", and when he finally said it, he said it out of the blue, not in response to her saying it in the moment.  If he's that into not trusting her feelings for him he shouldn't have said it to her.  I would think he would wait until he was sure she really loved him.  But who knows what these immature 30+ year olds that have that much trouble with relationships will do?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

No, not weird.  Deceptive. 

This clearly was recorded nowhere near the time of the fight, and yet the show is happy for us to think it was.  And really, that's insulting to the viewers because it's so obvious.  And sure, this is just some dumb reality TV show, but it's no wonder people have trouble discerning fact from fiction in far more important areas, just because of shit like this, where we know what we're seeing with our eyes but we're told it's something else.

At least with the conversation between Noi and Michael, they weren't manufacturing situations after the fact.  I've wondered why they continue to record people while they're eating, because viewers can see how the liquid levels in glasses are inconsistent with the timeline of the conversation they're portraying.  My only conclusion is that the producers think the viewers are idiots and don't notice, or are idiots because they don't care they're being played.  Regardless of why, they think we're idiots, and I'm insulted.

Also, speaking of the Noi and Michael conversation, I watched it a couple of times, and noticed how much of the "conversation" was Noi talking in a TH with visuals of the two of them at the table.  Or showing each's reaction shot when the other is talking, instead of seeing them saying those words.  And then during the big dum dum DUM moment, where Michael asks her, "So what are you going to do," and she answers, "That's where I'm at right now, Michael," that whole scene had a goblet that was empty with just ice in it, but when Noi says, "That's where I'm at right now, Michael," that goblet was about 1/3 full with a light orange liquid.  So that conversation did NOT go that way.

But at least in that case they're using existing footage for their editing and possible frankenbiting.  At least they have to work at it a little.  But having Olajuwon and Katina making up a whole scene well after the fact in a way that is presented as if it's contemporaneous?  That's a bridge too far for me, especially because it's obvious the show doesn't even care.

If you watch Love is Blind, you will see ubiquitous gold wine glasses for exactly this reason! the editing in this episode was wonky to say the least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/30/2022 at 10:02 PM, Vanderboom said:

. . . So Lindsey's annoyed that Mark wants her to participate in the cat photo shoot that was her idea and she arranged? I don't understand.

Nobody understands Lindsey.  She twists things around so nobody knows what the hell she’s talking about, especially Mark.  She thinks she’s smarter than anyone.  I’d like to know how many men have dumped her in her lifetime.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

And if Mark could indulge Lindsey the same way by admitting whatever it is that Lindsey needs him to admit that might also go a long way toward mending things between them.  Sometimes you have to swallow your pride or whatever stubbornness you have that's keeping you from giving your partner what they need to hear from you in order to save a relationship. 

But that's the problem.....Lindsey doesn't really know what she wants.  She walks out the door in frustration, in a trenchcoat over a negligee or whatever, trying to make a statement, but she really can't verbalize why she's not happy with Mark.  But I know why.

All Lindsay really wants is a guy who will defend her.  Who will stick up for her.  Who will be her tag team partner so she can "tap out" to him when she's totally pissed off the room with her obnoxious behavior and people are starting to call her out. The guy, even if he's only 5'4", that will get right in the face of the biggest guy in the room that is dressing Lindsay down and scream YOU WON'T TALK TO MY WIFE LIKE THAT.  And use every trick in the book to intimidate, bully, or overpower if he must, to defend her honor.  Her perfect husband would never turn to her and say "how could you say such things to total strangers?", or "please don't cause a scene".  No, no matter how ignorant and rude she becomes and what godawful hurtful things come out of her mouth, he will stick up for her and defend her.  Lindsay would not only love it if she had that type of husband...she would be TURNED ON by it.  Doesn't matter if he was rich or poor, good looking or a troll...that's the man of her dreams. Someone who'd fight to the death (probably his) with any means possible....the dirtier the better.  And if he's getting his ass kicked, Lindsay would jump in to save her mate, kicking, biting, pulling hair...whatever.  Oh I can see the whole thing. When they want to get turned on, they'd go together to a corner bar and just glare at everybody, just daring someone to speak to them so they can pick a fight.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

But that's the problem.....Lindsey doesn't really know what she wants.  She walks out the door in frustration, in a trenchcoat over a negligee or whatever, trying to make a statement, but she really can't verbalize why she's not happy with Mark.  But I know why.

All Lindsay really wants is a guy who will defend her.  Who will stick up for her.  Who will be her tag team partner so she can "tap out" to him when she's totally pissed off the room with her obnoxious behavior and people are starting to call her out. The guy, even if he's only 5'4", that will get right in the face of the biggest guy in the room that is dressing Lindsay down and scream YOU WON'T TALK TO MY WIFE LIKE THAT.  And use every trick in the book to intimidate, bully, or overpower if he must, to defend her honor.  Her perfect husband would never turn to her and say "how could you say such things to total strangers?", or "please don't cause a scene".  No, no matter how ignorant and rude she becomes and what godawful hurtful things come out of her mouth, he will stick up for her and defend her.  Lindsay would not only love it if she had that type of husband...she would be TURNED ON by it.  Doesn't matter if he was rich or poor, good looking or a troll...that's the man of her dreams. Someone who'd fight to the death (probably his) with any means possible....the dirtier the better.  And if he's getting his ass kicked, Lindsay would jump in to save her mate, kicking, biting, pulling hair...whatever.  Oh I can see the whole thing. When they want to get turned on, they'd go together to a corner bar and just glare at everybody, just daring someone to speak to them so they can pick a fight.  

So you're saying she wants a Will Smith?😁

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, JapMo said:

Oh yeah, but I knew that, and I think she's actually made that pretty clear to him during some of their fights over the Katina situation.  She needs him to be the type to defend her and not throw her under the bus because he wants everyone else like him.  I've written about THAT to death on the episode threads.  But she also needs him to admit to some other things he's not doing in return for her supposedly admitting what she's done wrong to him.  I don't even know how fair that is or WTF she is referring to there either.  Maybe she wants him to admit that he isn't supporting her when she is facing opposition from others.  Maybe she wants him to admit he isn't "consistent" about anything like she keeps telling him.  I don't know what she's talking about because what she was referring to wasn't made clear in this episode.  But I definitely think SHE knows exactly what she wants from him and is constantly pointing it out to him 24/7.

4 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

So you're saying she wants a Will Smith?😁

LOL, best post in this thread yet!!!!  🤣🤣

• Love 2

Okay, it's so "sweet" that O and Katina came to an understanding about the whole app incident but why has nothing been said about the way he started this whole drama...at the dinner with the other couples! "You did something evil but I'm not going to say what." That was so creepy and crazy making! Why was he let off the hook for that! 🤬

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Okay, it's so "sweet" that O and Katina came to an understanding about the whole app incident but why has nothing been said about the way he started this whole drama...at the dinner with the other couples! "You did something evil but I'm not going to say what." That was so creepy and crazy making! Why was he let off the hook for that! 🤬

It was all bad and all has been addressed. All bad on his end anyway.

I feel like Michael and Jasmina will not make it past decision day but they are still mature enough to not make this a terrible experience, have some fun and be open to letting things play out.

I think Mark is also trying to do this while Lyndsey is still in a marriage she thinks she can make work. So, we have a constant oil and water scenario. If she would just admit that this is a mismatch and just try to enjoy her time, they and she would be much more pleasant to watch. Maybe she would even get laid again without the pressure of what it all means hanging over them.

• Love 2
On 3/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, kristen111 said:

It’s her usual getup when she says she’s done, then storms out.  Slide shoes, a cheap nightgown to the ankle, trench coat.

Lindsey's in training to be the neighbor lady who's always up in everybody's business, puts out a moldy cardboard box of empty bottles every trash day, and wanders the neighborhood in her get-up of curlers, trench coat and slippers, shouting at the birds and scalawag children.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 3/31/2022 at 5:23 PM, Jodyj said:

Devils advocate about Noe and Steve. (Probably not real, but hey fun chat right?)

What if Steve does have a ton of money? Like a boat load and he doesn't want to share that with Noe until he is sure she likes him for him. 

Now that's a Lifetime movie plot. He might be a secret prince too!

• LOL 7
On 4/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, Yeah No said:

I've always seen him as a kind of Barney Rubble.  And that's not necessarily an insult, maybe more like a tease.  He's certainly more like Barney than a "shark".

LOL. He even has the Barney Rubble whisker shadow.

Dear Mark,

I write this as a former picky eater and temperamental twelve-year-old who once walked out of a restaurant because I refused to eat a hamburger bun that had sesame seeds on it. EAT YOUR FRUITS AND VEGETABLES! Whirl them up in a smoothie if you must, I don't care, JUST EAT THEM!

Sincerely,

Not Your Mommy Just Concerned

• LOL 8

Lindseys not much of a sex kitten!  That ridiculous nightgown and jacket and  heeled shoes .

All that along with the saggy  breasts that have been around town!

Add in some cigarette breath and a nasty mouth!

Things dreams are made of!

• Love 8
On 4/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

In the clip where O and Katina were talking about how they made up the night before, O appears to have the large new tattoo on his neck.  He’s wearing a turtleneck type sweatshirt (I think to try to hide it) but when he turns to kiss Katima you can see it.  Weird! 

I will spoiler tag this

Spoiler

Olaj did not have that neck tattoo on decision day.  The reconciliation scene must have been filmed after D-day, so they are probably still together. The neck tattoo is really going to mess up the continuity of when the talking head or scene was filmed because it is impossible not to notice.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, lu1535 said:

O is lying very low until Decision Day.  He wants her to stay with him.  After she says she will stay with him and move into the apartment, he will start up again for stupid things.  He’s like a time bomb waiting to explode, and she can’t handle him and cries.  Just my opinion.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lindseys not much of a sex kitten!  That ridiculous nightgown and jacket and  heeled shoes .

All that along with the saggy  breasts that have been around town!

Add in some cigarette breath and a nasty mouth!

Things dreams are made of!

Between the big mouth and actions, she’s not feminine.  She reminds me of a brawley truck driver.  That voice too.  A real turnoff to men.  I loved her on her wedding day, guzzling champagne, then burping on National tv.  ( not really).

• Love 7
(edited)
On 3/31/2022 at 12:00 PM, Meowwww said:

I’m getting the sneaking suspicion that Mark truly is an asshole off camera. He’s showing some rigid, angry glimpses of himself. His anger plus Lindsey’s habit of attacking with mean, abusive words…this season can’t be done soon enough. 

I also would no be surprised if there was more to he story.

I don't see him necessarily being angry, but I can see him being someone who is just *there.*   And doesn't follow-through on what he says he's going to do.  She may be hardcore but I think  there is probably a lot more to the story.  And she probably sees him being mealy mouthed with everyone but her.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I also would no be surprised if there was more to he story.

I don't see him necessarily being angry, but I can see him being someone who is just *there.*   And doesn't follow-through on what he says he's going to do.  She may be hardcore but I think  there is probably a lot more to the story.  And she probably sees him being mealy mouthed with everyone but her.

I think Mark is just going through the motions because now he truly needs the money from this show because he lost his job.

Lindsey is shocked and hurt that Mark is not into her, particularly since she kind of considers him not up to her standards.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 3/31/2022 at 8:45 AM, Gator Stud said:

Why does he have to do anything if he pays the bills?  Why does he need to volunteer? This seems like old school thinking.  Why cant Steve just do what makes him happy?  Why does he have to work to enrich himself.  Didnt he already build an app? COVID showed Americans exactly what Corporate America is about, and many are just not going to do that dance again.  What is in it for Steve to go back to being chained to a cubicle? He can pay his bills, so what is the rush?  Why should Steve go back to something that makes him miserable?

I find it hard to believe that Steve has enough to live indefinitely without an income. There is also the matter of benefits- insurance, savings, etc. I get a little annoyed when people don't address the practicality of work (income, yes- but also benefits, well-being, a purposeful life, etc). Not to say that he can't have purpose in  other ways, but to me-those options come a little later in life. Unless he sold a multi-million dollar business or was an heir to a rich relative's fortune, it's unlikely that he can contribute for the next 40+ years to the household expenses.

I'm not saying he needs to be "chained to a cubicle," or "doing something that makes him miserable," neither of which he has said about his previous career.

Noi wants someone who is an equal partner- both in chores and outside work- which isn't ok with everyone, but I understand where she's coming from. What I DON'T like is that she constantly brings up that she works full time, expects him to work and now wants him to assume full responsibility for pets and household chores, although she presumably did that all herself up to a mere month ago. 

In summary: bad match.

ADDENDUM: it is obvious that he hasn't been transparent about his financial situation (i.e., "I have enough to pay half our rent and expenses for 2 years," etc)  Just to say "I have plenty of money; we're good" ain't enough. And now that he is married, and they are talking extra apartments and kids, he might need to rethink his plans.

Why did we need to watch Steve and Mark yelling at each other on a beach about their feelings?

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 2

I don't have the problem with Steve and his finances the way many do. I am sure that whatever they needed to discuss was done off-screen/camera and he doesn't want that made public, which is fine. I think this was their assigned drama and Noi just keeps saying what she wants. And, if he hasn't told her what she needs to know, then he doesn't trust her not to blast it all over her social media, which she has shown that is what she does, like an immature baby. The discussion we saw with Steve and Mark on the beach was the most we have seen Steve actually address it.

• Love 3
On 3/31/2022 at 4:00 PM, Jodyj said:

Lindsay and Mark - Weirdly I think this marriage could work if they went to a counselor and learned how to freaking talk to each other like normal people. Both of them want a marriage but Mark is afraid to talk to Lindsay because she instantly blows up and Lindsay thinks he is not into her or the marriage because he is not open enough. And instead of working together they are taking jabs constantly at each other. I think not only should they do couples counseling they should do individual counseling. I think they could be a power couple if they did. But they won't make it because the experts seem to be taking a break and not trying to help any of the couples this year. That is two bad. I think these two people actually need each other to be whole. 

I absolutely see this. They have such big communication problems, but that isn't something that can't be overcome. When they are on, they are really good together. But Lindsay is so defensive and Mark is so passive that everything becomes such a big deal when it doesn't have to be. If they went to a real marriage counselor on a regular basis they would learn to talk to each other and hear each other and things could be great. 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2022 at 3:00 PM, Jodyj said:

Where are the judges? It seems like in years past they were more involved. Now it seems like there is so much they could actually be doing to help but they are doing nothing. It is like they want them to fail. I get that that is "good tv" but so is great couples staying together. Everyone doesn't need to be a train wreck. The judges should see what is going wrong with couples and give them fun activities to do to promote what ever is broken.

after snooping in their cabinets and underwear drawers, the "experts" have disappeared. Oh, with the exception of dropping off baskets of embarrassing sex toys/games.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I thought Lindsey was just a b****, but she suffering from clinical depression. She said she's always sad and she's constantly always been sad.  She needs to see a therapist.

I think Alyssa has somebody in Texas. Suddenly she's moving to Texas supposedly for no reason.  I think she went went through with this even though she had either had somebody or met somebody in the meantime.

17 hours ago, antfitz said:

I thought Lindsey was just a b****, but she suffering from clinical depression. She said she's always sad and she's constantly always been sad.  She needs to see a therapist.

I think Alyssa has somebody in Texas. Suddenly she's moving to Texas supposedly for no reason.  I think she went went through with this even though she had either had somebody or met somebody in the meantime.

I guess she got her cowboy.

I like Steve but I have to say that the apartment was a mess.

I am only bringing this up because I can't even imagine how a woman petitioning not to work and stay home would have been roasted for that messy apartment.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I guess she got her cowboy.

I like Steve but I have to say that the apartment was a mess.

I am only bringing this up because I can't even imagine how a woman petitioning not to work and stay home would have been roasted for that messy apartment.

Absofuckinlutely!

• Like 1
On 4/1/2022 at 11:50 PM, JapMo said:

That would not be enough for Lindsay.

• Love 2
On 3/31/2022 at 9:10 AM, Gator Stud said:

You cant make good long term plans or "dream" about a better future while you are on the Hamster Wheel running like a rat getting cheese.  You need time off to create a well thought out plan.  When I moved from TX, I was a beach bum for 34 month- without any job.  And then I was able to put together a good plan.  Maybe Steve is doing that too.  Americans are too brainwashed that we have to work 24/7 or we are lazy scumbags. I'm on team Steve until he runs out of money.

I know this comment is almost 2 years old, but I’m replying anyway.  I think what you are saying is fine at 18 or 28, but using up one’s savings at 38, which is the time to be building up one’s savings, not using them up, is unwise.  He looks young but is pushing 40, which may be his motivation for “dreaming” rather than actually getting a job.  In his field, skills erode rapidly; the tech of two years ago is ancient history.  Noi is not great at communication, but her concern is valid.  He should get a job and a 401k if he’s serious about marriage and kids.

• Like 3
On 12/30/2023 at 8:25 PM, Mstk3000 said:

I know this comment is almost 2 years old, but I’m replying anyway.  I think what you are saying is fine at 18 or 28, but using up one’s savings at 38, which is the time to be building up one’s savings, not using them up, is unwise.  He looks young but is pushing 40, which may be his motivation for “dreaming” rather than actually getting a job.  In his field, skills erode rapidly; the tech of two years ago is ancient history.  Noi is not great at communication, but her concern is valid.  He should get a job and a 401k if he’s serious about marriage and kids.

I actually meant I was beach bum for 3-4 months, not 34 months, lolz. Corporate America tends to burn you out and toss you aside.  You have to ask yourself, Is this the way you want to live the rest of your life? After Covid nobody wants to even go back into the office. There is reason for that.