Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Settling In, Or Just Settling?

Message added by Emma Snyder,

Please keep discussion to what happened in THIS episode. Off topic discussion such as, but not limited to, personal anecdotes, pet peeves, etc. belong in small talk. Afterparty discussion belongs in the Afterparty thread. Past season/contestant discussion belongs in their particular season.

• Start Topic

Activities like driving lessons and cooking meals take center stage as the couples settle into domestic life.  But the realities of unemployment, budgets, and even the simple division of chores create issues that begin to drive a wedge between even the happiest pairs.

Premieres on Mar 30, 2022 at 8:00 PM EDT

Please keep discussion to topics mentioned on THIS episode.  

Steve keeps saying IF he gets a job, IF he gets a job he can’t do this and that. IDK if I was Noi I’d rethink having three kids with this guy. 
It’s odd in this day and age that someone doesn’t know how to drive.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

IF he gets a job he can’t do this and that.

One of the things he mentioned was dream. No Steve, dream is what you do while sleeping or preparing to enjoy the fruits of your labor. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I cannot believe Steve sat there with a straight face and said, “If I get a job, I need to know what the plan is.”  Lazy ass, the plan is to get a job.  It’s what most able-bodied adults do.  Even wealthy people have “vanity” jobs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Sorry, but I feel if you don’t work and your partner does, then you need to do all the housework and cooking. 

Totally disagree. Housework and cooking (and the shopping for groceries) are physical tasks, tiring, exhausting---reaching, pushing (vacuum), bending, ascending and descending stairs; whereas much employment comprises sedentary tasks. 

But be that as it all may, or not, Noi simply will not be happy with Steve if he remains unemployed, and content with that. (He isn't self-employed, either.) 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Sorry, but I feel if you don’t work and your partner does, then you need to do all the housework and cooking. 

Yeah, at least the majority, anyway. I think Noi is hoping to set herself up with maid service and all the accoutrements of a life of leisure. Honestly, if Noi is that uptight about always having a job, why does she want to be the one that stays at home? That’s not any different from Steve.

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

whereas much employment comprises sedentary tasks. 

I politely disagree. I was a nurse and rarely got to sit down. 

I see that you prefaced employment with the word “much”. I may have reacted too fast. I agree with you that it depends on the kind of work you preform. I still think the non-working partner needs to do most of the chores. Last thing people want to do when getting home from work is start in on more work. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added a 2nd paragraph
  • Love 6

I enjoyed watching Mark and Lindsey shop at Russo's for vegetables and fruit and bacon. Russo's closed this past fall and I miss it so. 
Also, how is Mark even alive, if he eats no fruits or vegetables? That would drive me crazy, living with that. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Agree. As a former Hospital Surgical Tech. who was on my feet sometime more than eight hours a day, if I came home to my husband who was laid off or on strike, at times,  laying in his recliner watching Jerry Springer, you bet I felt it was unfair I’d have to cook, clean, etc… 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Difference between "all" employment and "much" employment.  But I would still make the same argument for sharing (didn't say 50-50) chores, because I don't think we live in the 1950s. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4

I think Michael is intimidated by Jasmina.  He looks like he’s afraid to say the wrong thing.  At times, she’s playing teacher with him, like he’s one of her pupils.  Jasmina is really full of herself, IMO.  Michael does not look comfortable with her at all.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Olajuwon still going on about that dating app! 

Am I missing a Live Chat? Where is everyone?!

Watching.  Not too much to say as it’s a boring episode.  Nothing going on YET.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Wait…in one of the TH’s Ola has a huge tattoo on the front of his neck. Was this filmed after decision day? 

In the clip where O and Katina were talking about how they made up the night before, O appears to have the large new tattoo on his neck.  He’s wearing a turtleneck type sweatshirt (I think to try to hide it) but when he turns to kiss Katima you can see it.  Weird! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Noi’s brother is loving another five minutes of camera time. He spent more time getting ready for this scene than Noi did. 

Yep, he was ready for his “close up” for sure.  Someone hoping for a call back. 

• Love 7

Who took care of Sushi before Steve was in the picture? .  Noi is a bitch who is always throwing it in Steve’s face that she “works” and he doesn’t.  Sounds like based on his conversation with Mark, Steve is doing just fine financially right now and is paying more than his share. 

• Love 14