Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Harmony

• Start Topic

The pacing on this show is so weird.  Edwina was the main focus of the love story in episode 6.  And we barely get anything Kate & Anthony until they have sex.  

Once again, this show likes to present uncomfortable places as being comfortable for sex.  For instance, where did that pillow come from? 

That said, I think this was the sexiest sex scene of the series.  I really liked that Anthony was focused on Kate's pleasure.  I haven't liked many of the choices they've made this season when it came to intimacy but they knocked this one out of the park.  

• Love 19
4 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Yeas.....because the best time to be intimate for the first time is under a canopy in the middle of an estate where anyone can you....while trying to avoid scandal.....

Isn't it just. :D But it's hardly surprising given that Lady Danburry swatted Anthony away from Kate with her cane earlier in the episode!!! (I can just imagine Newton smirking at that) and he was sniffing the air left in her wake like a horny, lovestruck weirdo. Really Lady D should have come armed.

Children Peoples GIF

Another thing I loved about this episode was the family dance. It was just such pure joy, where you could see how they all could be a family. Not gonna lie, I fell a bit more in love with Anthony as he spun Hyacinth around.

Edited by bijoux
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15

Oh Colin, how rude to joke that your brother might be MIA because he’s maybe still waiting for Edwina at the alter 😂

Hated that Kate and Anthony slept together before any sort of engagement or marriage. Jesus, he kept resisting even kissing her nearly all season, repeatedly mentioning his honor, and then they just do it in an open gazebo or whatever. WTF! Damn, I even thought it was an Anthony fantasy sequence for a moment as he was waking up, but no. They should have gone for a make-out session with some light groping instead, LOL.

I’ve grown tired of the Lady Whistledown stuff.

I knew I was going to hate the Benedict art storyline. I don’t care to watch him drink drugged tea, or paint naked women, or participate in orgies, blech.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 14

Again, I know that this is a fantasy world, but watching Season 2 has reminded me again what useless leeches Benedict and Colin are.  No way would they be allowed to lull about in their mid/late 20s, without having gotten respectable (that being the key word) careers.  If they made Benedict a clergyman who wishes to be an artist, and Colin an officer fighting in the Napoleonic Wars who exchanges letters with Penelope and occasionally comes back on leave, that would have been better.

Anthony/Kate: I found the lingering glances and near kisses hotter than the actual sex scene, TBH.

About time something truly interesting happened with Eloise.  

• Love 12

I watched sexy times gazebo scene a few more times, and I do enjoy that Kate seemed to be quite into it. I will say that it was pretty hot and much better than ladder sex. Anthony tried to send Kate away (twice), and right after hiking up her skirt, he pulled his hands off her, saying (twice) that he would stop. It was a very mutual decision as she told him (again, twice) not to stop. Congrats to him for getting to see that stocking-covered leg again, LOL. And congrats to her for, well, you know. But, Anthony did have his pants on the entire time. So, uh, did he just pleasure Kate, or are we supposed to infer that things went even further (and the pants came off at some point)? 🤔

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

But, Anthony did have his pants on the entire time. So, uh, did he just pleasure Kate, or are we supposed to infer that things went even further (and the pants came off at some point)? 🤔

I think they did go further. I'm thinking Covid restrictions was the reason we saw less this season. 

We don't know much about Kate and her experience with men but she seemed much less naive than Daphne. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I think they did go further. I'm thinking Covid restrictions was the reason we saw less this season. 

We don't know much about Kate and her experience with men but she seemed much less naive than Daphne. 

Kate is older than Daphne was when she married Simon. 

I am actually glad they did tone down the sex this season than from last season. It reminded me of the Boys which had tons of gory scenes for the sake of gore.

I agree that they did go all the way.

• Love 11

Okay, yeah, now I’ve spotted Anthony’s pants hanging on a chair when he wakes up the next morning in the gazebo. So they did come off, LOL. And he looks like he’s naked in one scene of Kate’s (for some reason, much dirtier) memory of their night together. Still wish this scene had happened later, considering I had to hear Anthony go on and on about being a gentleman, and being honorable. Not to mention, he was pissed when he caught Simon doing much less to his sister in season one. Like, it doesn’t compute that he would then turn around and have sex with a “proper lady” (or whatever the correct term is) in an outdoor gazebo! I suppose he figured it was a win-win. Don’t get caught, and you get to have sex with the woman you desire. Do get caught, you have sex and are forced to marry her, which is also what you desire 😆

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I'm loving that most of the sex scene was Anthony pleasuring Kate. I think in one of her memories we clearly saw him looking up from 'down below' (not sure how dirty we're allowed to be here) 😁

Lord Bridgerton certainly knows what he's doing!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 3/25/2022 at 9:01 PM, LadyChaos said:

Yeas.....because the best time to be intimate for the first time is under a canopy in the middle of an estate where anyone can you....while trying to avoid scandal.....

The middle of an estate that everyone in society were actively shunning. Unless found by staff, it's unlikely any of the Bridgerton's or Sharma's would say anything publically in order to avoid further scandal. Though how Kate and Anthony got away with disappearing for so long and how Kate got back to her home in the morning is a wonder. 

23 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Once again, this show likes to present uncomfortable places as being comfortable for sex.  For instance, where did that pillow come from? 

The gazebo was decorated and had cushioned benches with throw pillows. I noticed because I thought the bench decor was pretty.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

So, during that war room at Lady Danburry's not only are Kate and Anthony separated from the others, they also match. She's in her bright purple and blue dress and he has a more muted dark blue vest and purple coat. Christ on a cracker. Edwina meanwhile matches - Mary. Newton also made me laugh with finally going to Anthony, but then it hit me. Of course he did. Kate must have wanted cuddles from her best boy when she came home shook from that kiss. Newton must have been like, ah, we like him now. Right-o.

Really capital idea to bring this pair to that exhibition. Looking at all those naked, entwined bodies certainly cooled them down.

This is where Edwina gets on my nerves, the constant little jabs and the way she put that martyrdom on like a cape. I wish Daphne was in the salon for 'have I truly been this blind' just to respond, Um. Duh.

Both Anthony and Kate are heartbreaking with feeling like such failures at what they see as their roles. He visibly broke Violet's heart a little when she was worried about him and he thought she only saw what he'd done wrong.

I must say that he very clearly was ready first. He wanted to talk about the kiss and obviously did not just go to propose out of obligations. Just look at the grin he had when he woke up. It's Kate's sense of duty that's getting in the way now and I appreciate that they're highlighting that in a woman. It's not just a manly tražit, although it's usually reserved for them in fiction.

• Love 19
23 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Anthony did have his pants on the entire time.

That cracked me up. Kate seemed to have her underwear on for most of it, as well. I have no problem with actors who don't want to do nude scenes (which hasn't been the case with Jonathan Bailey), but when that's the case, I wish the blocking would be more thoughtful. There are lots of ways to imply sex is happening without nudity, and so many shows barely try.

I don't remember if it was in the episode or the previous, but I laughed out loud when Edwina saw Kate and Anthony mooning at each other on the dance floor, and she was all, "Were they always like this? How did I not see it?!" Her exasperation was very funny and nicely played.

Hyacinth's excitement and pleasure when Anthony asked her to dance with him was so sweet.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't remember if it was in the episode or the previous, but I laughed out loud when Edwina saw Kate and Anthony mooning at each other on the dance floor, and she was all, "Were they always like this? How did I not see it?!" Her exasperation was very funny and nicely played.

I laughed hard at that, too. Like, YES, sweetie, they really really were. I felt like that was a large part of why she was being so haughty - it wasn't just that she was hurt, but also feeling really stupid and embarrassed that she hadn't realised it before.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Check Sanity said:

Though how Kate and Anthony got away with disappearing for so long and how Kate got back to her home in the morning is a wonder. 

I was wondering how did nobody notice they were gone for what must have been a long time for Kate.  Did Lady Danbury, Mary and Edwina just leave without her?  How did she manage to put herself back together in such a way that nobody guessed anything.

Also did he use the Simon method or something?  Kate seemed to have no concerns about possibly being pregnant.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

The printer's assistant gave a good dose of reality to Eloise.  Having the attention of the Crown is not a good thing when you don't have a wealthy family to support you.  I didn't quite understand what Penelope was implying in her newsletter.  When she mentioned Eloise's political meetings, did she mean to say that Eloise was anti-monarchy?

I felt sad for Anthony when he mentioned that his family probably secretly despised him.  That's a terrible thing to feel.

I laughed when Edwina gave away the flowers that Anthony gave her.  I bet she was thinking there was one place he could shove those flowers.  I don't mind her snubs at all.  Kate was a liar and a coward, and it would be hard to brush that under the rug.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, peridot said:

The printer's assistant gave a good dose of reality to Eloise.  Having the attention of the Crown is not a good thing when you don't have a wealthy family to support you.  I didn't quite understand what Penelope was implying in her newsletter.  When she mentioned Eloise's political meetings, did she mean to say that Eloise was anti-monarchy?

Lady Whistledown made sure to say Eloise was there meeting with him without a chaperone.

• Love 2

When I watched this scene yesterday, I said out loud "Right there, out in the open? Okaaaaay."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

At least they weren't doing it on marble stairs the way Daphne and Simon were last season. All I could think when I saw those scenes were "Ouch" and "Brr."

Yes. Stairs would be distractingly uncomfortable, IMO, whereas out in the open might at least be excitingly daring.
IDK. I too thought the gazebo was way too exposed.
But if Kate and Anthony were caught in the act, would they just have to get married? Which is what they both really wanted anyway?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes. Stairs would be distractingly uncomfortable, IMO, whereas out in the open might at least be excitingly daring.
IDK. I too thought the gazebo was way too exposed.
But if Kate and Anthony were caught in the act, would they just have to get married? Which is what they both really wanted anyway?

It depends on who caught them--a servant or a member of their respective families?  If it was a servant, then he/she/they would quickly avert the eyes and go on their merry way, maybe gossip to other servants about catching the lord with his pants down but not reveal the lady.  Anthony is a known rake, this would not be the first time someone spied him in a compromising position. If it was a family member, then yes there would be a quick engagement and wedding.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This episode was the worst so far. I loled at them boinking outside when Anthony has an apartment and lives in a mansion. 

And Kate goes riding in the rain… of course she has an accident.

im going to read the book just to compare the 2.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'm laughing like a complete idiot since I realized that Kate using lilly soap to calm the fuck down results im Anthony losing his mind for months.

26d0b24be639e883c2315c8d14cbaa0c14dd73ae

And it was Mary who was telling Kate to use the lilly soap!

• LOL 16

My new favorite character is printer boy who told Eloise what I really wanted someone to tell her. Congratulations Eloise you got him in trouble. Maybe you should have listened to Penelope and not left your brother's wedding to go see him. I probably should feel bad that the Queen mistakenly thinks that Eloise is Lady W. But I really don't. I've been wanting her to face the consequences of her actions all season long. It actually does make sense that the Queen and others will believe she is Lady W given how Eloise behaves with everyone. 

I want to be happy that Anthony and Kate finally slept together. But really that spot? Even a spare room inside would be a little more discreet.

I did like Anthony dancing with Hyacinth. That was really sweet. 

I like @Brn2bwild comments about Benedict and Colin. Seriously, what do they do? They really don't do anything. Colin is only now deciding to invest in Lord F. It hasn't once occurred to him to do something before now? They really did get off easy. Anthony had to take over as head of the family while they didn't have to do anything. How come Violet hasn't pushed them to do something? She's happy with them doing nothing.  Go into the military, politics, something. 

I really wish they'd give Mondrich more to do. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kirsty said:

The second hilarious thing was the morning after they have sex. Kate looks at herself like she's the filthiest bitch who ever lived. The shame is so overwhelming, even the rain can't wash her clean and the only answer is death. Meanwhile, Anthony is like "Best night ever! Let's do that forever!"

So much yes! 

• LOL 12

My guess is that Lady Danbury and the Bridgertons live fairly close to each other. It's possible that Kate wasn't actually with Anthony all that long but he fell asleep and she took off. But yeah, it would be a little weird for the Sharmas to just leave and be like, "wait, no one can find Kate or Anthony? Oh well, I am sure they are both fine and not hooking up in the gazebo."

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Of course, Anthony was also on edge because of Kate's injury and was using the household stuff to blow off steam. Likely had he discovered it at a different time, it would have been a different conversation with Colin.

This is how I took the situation. He was mad at life in general, Colin was there, so it became an issue.

I cant decide what made me laugh harder. Anthony hiding behind a statue to talk to Kate, Anthony and Kate doing their smolder so hard during the family meeting that Lady Danbury looked like she wanted to get a spray bottle out to keep them apart, or Edwina's "Have they been doing this all along? Am I that blind?" response. That's probably one of the things that's upsetting her the most, she feels foolish for not noticing the blindly obvious which so many other people caught on to. 

I am glad that Theo Sharpe gave Eloise some real talk about the consequences for him if he gets caught in a scandal, she really needs a reminder sometimes that it isn't all about her. I do hope this isn't the end of them, even if its pretty impossible for them to really get together. He seems like exactly the sort of person she would want to be with. I figured that Penelope might out Eloise via Whistledown to keep her from being accused of being behind everything, meeting with a man from outside the wealthy social circle unchaperoned in a bad part of town is certainly scandalous enough, but then Penelope went even further and accused her of having radical political views, damn. I know what she was trying to do, but holy crap that's really bad for Eloise. 

People on this show really do love to bang in weird places don't they? At least the gazebo seemed to have some pillows, better than the stairs at least. As ill advised as it was for them to have sex right in the middle of the yard where anyone can see them, it was seriously HOT. I am glad that the show has chilled out with the nudity and sex scenes this season and focused on a slow burn, it makes this first hook up a million times better. Anthony sure does know what he's doing doesn't he? 

Poor Kate looked like she was utterly disgusted with herself the morning after, while Anthony had a spring in his step like he's never had, oh you two. 

The Bridgerton/Sharma dance was such a great scene, just pure joy after so much stress. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I cant decide what made me laugh harder. Anthony hiding behind a statue to talk to Kate, Anthony and Kate doing their smolder so hard during the family meeting that Lady Danbury looked like she wanted to get a spray bottle out to keep them apart, or Edwina's "Have they been doing this all along? Am I that blind?" response. That's probably one of the things that's upsetting her the most, she feels foolish for not noticing the blindly obvious which so many other people caught on to. 

I figured that Penelope might out Eloise via Whistledown to keep her from being accused of being behind everything, meeting with a man from outside the wealthy social circle unchaperoned in a bad part of town is certainly scandalous enough, but then Penelope went even further and accused her of having radical political views, damn. I know what she was trying to do, but holy crap that's really bad for Eloise. 

I imagine, for the uber wealthy like the Bridgertons, cavorting with political radicals does far less damage than spending time alone with a printer.

With radical beliefs she can be the spinster aunt supported by her brothers.....but unchaperoned with a common man that she would've been forced to marry...well Lady Mary was a good example of what could happen to someone who marries someone who is deemed 'unworthy'. Ostracized, cut off, disowned, etc.... Eloise might act like she wouldn't care, but she'd care a lot if she suddenly couldn't afford books, paper and ink, good food, servants to wait on her hand and foot to help her dress, bring her food, take her wherever she wants to go, etc...

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 3/27/2022 at 2:27 PM, Nire said:

Also did he use the Simon method or something?  Kate seemed to have no concerns about possibly being pregnant.

Maybe that's part of why she was so upset -- it wasn't just shame at what they'd done, but the possibility of a pregnancy.

Even if *they* can't see their way to acting on their feelings, surely one of their family members would see how unhappy they are and push them together. Instead everyone does their best to ignore the blindingly obvious.

I kind of don't blame the family. Those two are fucking awkward. It's one thing to be able to tell they're in love, but when the two of them are openly horny in front of their immediate family and needing to be pushed apart with a cane, I would also struggle to find the words.

20 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

People on this show really do love to bang in weird places don't they? At least the gazebo seemed to have some pillows, better than the stairs at least. As ill advised as it was for them to have sex right in the middle of the yard where anyone can see them, it was seriously HOT. I am glad that the show has chilled out with the nudity and sex scenes this season and focused on a slow burn, it makes this first hook up a million times better. Anthony sure does know what he's doing doesn't he?

While I was watching this scene, I noticed that they did a better job at making it look like the whole thing lasted more than a minute. With Daphne and Simon, it seemed like we were watching the whole thing from beginning to end. I think that's part of why this is sexier than what they did last season. Hurriedly hitching up the skirts after 0 foreplay and then humping for 22 seconds before ejaculating on the library floor is decidedly unsexy, if you ask me. Anthony, however, seems to know what he's doing.

I did chuckle, though, when they showed the blanket neatly laid out for them to lie on. When did they take the time to do that?

On 3/31/2022 at 4:03 AM, Kirsty said:

One thing this episode was good for was the Lady Whistledown storyline. I loved Eloise getting a hard lesson from Theo Sharpe. I liked that Penelope went to the modiste for help, and Penelope's dilemma is a good use for her secret identity storyline. She saved Eloise by ruining Eloise, I guess. It will certainly make it difficult for Penelope to ever come clean, now that Lady Whistledown has ruined things for Colin and Eloise both, one season after the other

Eloise is probably my favorite character, and I was also glad for what he told her. People being accused of something they didn't do makes me more anxious than any other kind of plotline, so I don't really like how this is going. But I do think it's completely reasonable for the queen to think Eloise is Whistledown. I think Penelope was right to go to the modiste for help, but I feel bad for the modiste.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:52 AM, andromeda331 said:

I like @Brn2bwild comments about Benedict and Colin. Seriously, what do they do? They really don't do anything. Colin is only now deciding to invest in Lord F. It hasn't once occurred to him to do something before now? They really did get off easy. Anthony had to take over as head of the family while they didn't have to do anything. How come Violet hasn't pushed them to do something? She's happy with them doing nothing.  Go into the military, politics, something.

I thought Colin was supposed to be a teenager until I realized at one point that he's older than Daphne since he comes first alphabetically. Was it this episode Benedict said he was 21? He seems younger, and it's probably partly because you don't know what he does all day, same as with the younger two, and partly because of the four oldest, he's the only one we haven't seen boning out where someone can see you.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

I did chuckle, though, when they showed the blanket neatly laid out for them to lie on. When did they take the time to do that?

I think things jumped ahead a few minutes. We saw Kate go from hair neatly pinned up to sexy face frame so I'm inferring that they.... made themselves comfortable 😁

• Love 5
(edited)

Haha, true! But I meant more like, can you imagine? They finally get their hands on each other and they're like, "hold on, let's pause a moment and spread out a picnic blanket." I'm not buying it!  😄

Edited by janie jones
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'm assuming a Rake such as Anthony is well versed in grabbing a blanket while simultaneously removing a lady's clothing.

For a lady he would, for an opera singer he just takes her against a tree.  I hope her skirts were thick enough to cut down on the chafing.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'm assuming a Rake such as Anthony is well versed in grabbing a blanket while simultaneously removing a lady's clothing.

He's the Joey Tribbiani of the Regency era: "It's not my first time." (This gif is as close as I could get to him effortlessly flicking open her sweater.)

Lisa Kudrow Dancing GIF

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

So the Harmony ball was set to take place on July 27th. And now I'm shook. I thought it was June. Anthony wasn't kidding when he said he and Kate were denying themselves for months. When was Lady Danburry's ball, does anyone remember? Late March, early April? I love that they expanded the timeline, it's usually much shorter than that in romances constructed like this one.

• Useful 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, janie jones said:

I thought Colin was supposed to be a teenager until I realized at one point that he's older than Daphne since he comes first alphabetically. Was it this episode Benedict said he was 21? He seems younger, and it's probably partly because you don't know what he does all day, same as with the younger two, and partly because of the four oldest, he's the only one we haven't seen boning out where someone can see you.

I keep wondering if Colin might yet be gay.
It could explain his interest in the disinterested Marina, as well as his friend-zoning the smitten Penelope.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
On 4/2/2022 at 5:00 AM, bijoux said:

So the Harmony ball was set to take place on July 27th. And now I'm shook. I thought it was June. Anthony wasn't kidding when he said he and Kate were denying themselves for months. When was Lady Danburry's ball, does anyone remember? Late March, early April? I love that they expanded the timeline, it's usually much shorter than that in romances constructed like this one.

I don't know much about regency London but I assumed the season was April-August with everyone retreating to country estates a  the weather chilled.

I'm sure there will be an eleventh hour rescuer but with Bridgerton scandals among four of the children in the last two years how do they get out of this?  That said the much anticipated Kate/Anthony scene was scorch city.

I did like the Bridgerton/Sharma/Danbury family dance.  It was fuck it nobody likes us but we have a string quartet and we're throwing down.  Even Hyacinth and Gregory got to join although someone forgot to let Francesca out of the basement again (I know it was the actress's availability that explains the next disappearance.)

That said something tells me Eloise is going to find out about Pen in the final episode and it's going to be ugly.

Oh Lady Featherington, your behavior toward the Bridgertons, by all means keep throwing stones in your already cracked glass house.

• Love 5