Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19: Last Chance Kitchen

• Start Topic

I actually sat through LCK for one of the few times.     I was glad to see UTI girl win (Leia, and hope she got that condition resolved, and feels better).    I'm so glad not to ever see Stephanie again.     

I still don't believe that Stephanie forgetting the Bok Choy on her Quick fire dish was an accident.   I think she just wanted to do everything her way, and didn't care about anyone else. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

Stephanie wanted to show that there are "great cooks in North Dakota."

Um, I think you failed there. As soon as Tom said that one of the dishes was "a little bland," I knew it was North Dakota girl. 

• Love 4

Being a Jersey boy, I loved seeing Leia win with a positive attitude and unusual food that actually looked good, I knew she would win as soon as see said the rattlesnake was like calamari. And she swears a lot just like me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Oh, that was rough! Sam and Leia are basically a combination of my personality and I hate seeing them both eliminated so soon. I would have been happy seeing either proceed but would have loved seeing them both move on. Leia's didn't sound good when she was making it, but it looked and sounded amazing at presentation. I thought Sam's was very original and adventurous. Damn!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Fukui San said:

“We don’t talk enough about the funk [of potatoes].”

-Sam

Words of wisdom 

...accompanied by a funky jam on the soundtrack.  Excellent work, production team!

• LOL 4

I think Tom was being kind to Sam. I could see how much grease was on his potatoes, and I was getting a little queasy. Eh, he wasn't some innovator, he made a big mistake and tried to cover for it. When you have to tell other people how great you are, you probably aren't. Jeff Bezos is your spirit animal? No surprise.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, carrps said:

I think Tom was being kind to Sam. I could see how much grease was on his potatoes, and I was getting a little queasy. Eh, he wasn't some innovator, he made a big mistake and tried to cover for it. When you have to tell other people how great you are, you probably aren't. Jeff Bezos is your spirit animal? No surprise.

Seriously, I liked Sam right up to that point. All bets were off after that! 😏

• Love 7

I get that Sam wanted to grill potatoes.  I couldn't believe that that he was grilling these giant ass purple potatoes (I don't know how you are supposed to cook those in a limited time).

I thought Sam was a cutie when this season started but he crossed some line with me and became annoying so I wasn't sorry to see him eliminated.  Leia's dish sounded very pedestrian but it also sounded like something I'd want to eat.  Apparently, Tom felt the same way.

Sam walked in with a backpack and left without it.  They must film this in multiple takes.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, mlp said:

I thought Sam was a cutie when this season started but he crossed some line with me and became annoying so I wasn't sorry to see him eliminated.  Leia's dish sounded very pedestrian but it also sounded like something I'd want to eat.  Apparently, Tom felt the same way.

Sam walked in with a backpack and left without it.  They must film this in multiple takes.

He also started to walk the wrong way after he went through the doors.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Sam really doubled down on those potatoes!  
He also doubled down on the "personality ".  
Add me to the list of people who found him quirkily endearing on the first episode and annoying soon thereafter.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Love 18

What I found most annoying was Sam's lack of integrity.  Dude, you FORGOT the potatoes you had on the stove. Own it. Admit that you tried to pivot to grilled potatoes.  (Sorry,  that was the original  episode, not LCK.) Perhaps if you had admitted the mistake instead of  trying to claim you were making something daring, you might not have gone home. 

But count me in the "Sam is annoying af " camp.

• Love 14

so is having two move on really a big help? I mean, eventually you're going to have to come first out of three.

Those donuts looked delicious. It was obvious that a sad, limp pancake was not going to be the winner.

• Love 1

Sarah dodged a bullet.  If Tom didn't pick hers, she was definitely going home (since she had the worst dessert of the three).

Been really impressed with Leia.  It sucks that she went home first, and probably her medical condition didn't help her create her best dish.

Edited by seltzer3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I like Lea (how does she spell it?) so color me happy!

Spelled Leia (like Carrie Fisher) but pronounced like Leah (lee-uh, not lay-uh) for some reason.

In any case, I agree—I'm glad she's had a chance to outlast Dilettante and Delusional. I mean, Stephanie and Sam. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Interesting that it took until she was eliminated and landed in LCK for us to learn that Sarah grew up in the Caribbean and for her to pull out an obvious culinary strength from that experience. No better time to use it than your last chance, I suppose.

• Love 11

Finally watched this! Sam is so so so awful and cringeworthy!!! He's a combination of arrogant and nonsensical at the same time! And it is not charming or even amusing nonsense! He just seems like an a$$!!! He was making snide comments about Leia's cooking while acting like a moron at the same time!

Ick!

So glad he is gone as everyone else left seems either decent or likeable! 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Finally watched this! Sam is so so so awful and cringeworthy!!! He's a combination of arrogant and nonsensical at the same time! And it is not charming or even amusing nonsense! He just seems like an a$$!!! He was making snide comments about Leia's cooking while acting like a moron at the same time!

Ick!

So glad he is gone as everyone else left seems either decent or likeable! 

Yes, I wonder if people who still like him have watched LCK. He was really a rancid personality here.

• Love 3

I didn't actually dislike Sam; I just found him tiresome.  I suspect that he developed that obnoxiously ebullient personality to compensate for being a very small male growing up in a country where most men are much bigger.  That had to be difficult on a lot of levels.

• Love 2
On 3/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, PhoneCop said:

Spelled Leia (like Carrie Fisher) but pronounced like Leah (lee-uh, not lay-uh) for some reason.

In any case, I agree—I'm glad she's had a chance to outlast Dilettante and Delusional. I mean, Stephanie and Sam. 

In our house, Sam is known as Mr. Potatohead.

• LOL 10
On 3/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, mlp said:

I didn't actually dislike Sam; I just found him tiresome.  I suspect that he developed that obnoxiously ebullient personality to compensate for being a very small male growing up in a country where most men are much bigger.  That had to be difficult on a lot of levels.

Where did he grow up?  

(edited)

So, the LCK winner goes back in next week.   So, does whoever gets knifed next week start LCK over again?   

Thanks for that The Solution.     I'm so confused about the whole thing.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

The penultimate person competes against whoever gets knifed next week.

Both Sarah and Ashleigh made okra dishes that Tom liked, but Ashleigh is really the right winner. Sad to see Leia be eliminated.

I have to admit; Sam is even working my nerves now. I told him to shut up while I was watching this and I'm trying to be kinder and gentler now.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 3/28/2022 at 11:40 AM, mlp said:

According to his bio, Sam grew up in southern California - didn't say where.

Most men are much bigger in Southern California? I've lived here almost my whole life and never noticed the men here are bigger than average. In fact, there's a substantial Asian and Latino population here, neither of which tends to have larger than average men.

It will be interesting to see who makes it back on.

Edited by rhofmovalley
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

Most men are much bigger in Southern California? I've lived here almost my whole life and never noticed the men here are bigger than average. In fact, there's a substantial Asian and Latino population here, neither of which tends to have larger than average men.

It will be interesting to see who makes it back on.

The resultant episode has already been posted. 😀

Man, Ashely (unknowingly) totally screwed Sara. That was brutal. I didn't have a favorite between the two -- both seem middle-of-the-packers with inconsistencies and mistakes and some great dishes. I must say that all of Ashley's dishes looked gross to me -- going strictly by looks. Both her brisket dish and her grits dish looked like barf on a plate.

• Love 8

I was pulling for Leia to make it all the way back. She showed herself to be an excellent chef through several LCK rounds and it would have been great to see the first eliminated chef make it back into the main competition.

I truly wonder if she might have made it, had she not announced that she forgot to grab salt and pepper from the pantry. All three dishes were very close and while Tom might still have given a note on underseasoning, it might not have been the thing to eliminate her. Leia admitting her "shopping" error gave him the excuse he needed when all three dishes were more or less tied in his opinion.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 3/31/2022 at 6:48 PM, The Solution said:

The penultimate person competes against whoever gets knifed next week.

Both Sarah and Ashleigh made okra dishes that Tom liked, but Ashleigh is really the right winner. Sad to see Leia be eliminated.

I have to admit; Sam is even working my nerves now. I told him to shut up while I was watching this and I'm trying to be kinder and gentler now.

No way was Leia getting through with no salt in a competition judged by salt bomb Tom.

On 4/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, carrps said:

Man, Ashely (unknowingly) totally screwed Sara. That was brutal. I didn't have a favorite between the two -- both seem middle-of-the-packers with inconsistencies and mistakes and some great dishes. I must say that all of Ashley's dishes looked gross to me -- going strictly by looks. Both her brisket dish and her grits dish looked like barf on a plate.

That was so unappetizing looking, between the barf in the middle surrounded by a nasty looking brown liquid.  And the thought of a goopy sauce underneath salmon tartare is really bizarre to me.

Edited by Leeds
Judged not judge
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Where is everyone watching LCK?  I have Direct tv and Discovery Plus.  Can't find it either place.   Not in the apps in my tv for Bravo shows.

You can see them on Youtube,

Sarah's dish was probably the clear winner, but it looked like a heart attack in a bowl. Sad to see Monique leave since her dish looked pretty interesting and good and apparently was just missing salt for Saltlick Tom.

• Love 3