Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Jersey Shore Showdown

• Start Topic

(edited)

Fashion note to Marge - If you need to wear clunky, super-high "Herman Munster" shoes to make your legs look skinny - maybe you should learn how to walk in them on your own, instead of looking like a frail elderly woman who needs assistance!  And, in my opinion, big, heavy, chunky platform heels don't make your legs look skinnier.  Maybe a classic narrow platformed wedge espadrille, but definitely not those shoes she was weariing.

And, those shoes were fugly!!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

I don't know if it was my HDTV or I was just high, but that watermelon Joe was cutting up might be the best looking melon I ever saw.

Jersey is the Queen of Fantastic Produce

• Love 12
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

Luis shushing Tre and threatening to leave (“How else will she ever learn?”) along with his contorted angry face at the end = giant flashing red flags.

Pretty soon he will have taught her to barely speak at all. IMO he wants to control and dominate her. He's taking his time in his own slick way.  I see tough times ahead for Tre.

Agree that Bill has checked out of the marriage. 

Tre has never, ever had her brother's back. 

Evan has the best job of all. Sit back and look hot.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Ss55 said:

Jersey is the Queen of Fantastic Produce

I used to spend summers in Colts Neck near Delicious Orchards - years ago when it was literally just a small farm stand and I still remember the apples and OH MAN - the Jersey Tomatoes. Elevated the simplest cookout.

And to go wildly off topic - Federici's Pizza in Freehold which is still there. Even the dogs would start salivating when they saw the box 🤣

• Love 9
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

Luis shushing Tre and threatening to leave (“How else will she ever learn?”) along with his contorted angry face at the end = giant flashing red flags.

(Not that Tre shouldn’t have let him speak - it was the demeaning way he did it.)

Personally I like how Loue handles Teresa. She doesn’t shut up, she doesn’t listen, and in the past it’s always been her downfall. Since jail she’s obviously tried working on herself and now as someone who loves her he is helping her as well. Reminding her to shut up, listen, less talking, staying calm. I like how he handled all of them quite honestly. Joe Gorga shoulda stepped in with his sister/wife long ago like that and maybe things wouldn’t be as bad as they were. 

And I can see Tree being pissed about his ex leaking the video. She obviously is thirsty so don’t add fuel to the fire. She got her 30 seconds of fame, Tree and Lou are still together so go away now. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Ss55 said:

Bill needs a haircut.

Ha! Looks like the Jersey summer humidity was getting to his frizz. Unkempt Bill is a rare sighting. 

9 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Luis has a weird way of breaking up with a girlfriend by proposing to her. 

Whyyyyyyy didn't one of them say that to him while he was spewing his BS? Missed opportunity. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Ha! Looks like the Jersey summer humidity was getting to his frizz. Unkempt Bill is a rare sighting. 

Whyyyyyyy didn't one of them say that to him while he was spewing his BS? Missed opportunity. 

Because rational conversation is not in their wheelhouse. Better to yell, scream, finger point. Its all to reinforce the "Jersey" narrative 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The combination of Luis' acting like Margaret was being SO AGGRESSIVE, and acting like Teresa was a bad puppy that needed to be scolded to me equals NOPE.  He's a manipulator.  "If I act really calm and use the right words then I'll look reasonable and they'll look crazy."

• Love 21
39 minutes ago, amarante said:

I used to spend summers in Colts Neck near Delicious Orchards - years ago when it was literally just a small farm stand and I still remember the apples and OH MAN - the Jersey Tomatoes. Elevated the simplest cookout.

And to go wildly off topic - Federici's Pizza in Freehold which is still there. Even the dogs would start salivating when they saw the box 🤣

Well, Amarante - I spend quite a bit of time and money in Delicious Orchards (I live very, very close!!).  And I agree on Federici's!!  

On topic - there is that "sweet spot" of time in the summer here, when the watermelons are amazing, even though I can't really eat it anymore.  There are so many great farmers' markets in and around where Melissa and Joe's shore house is (Toms River, I believe), and the produce is all sooo good!  

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh, I think Frank definitely has some dirt on Evan-gate.  Of course he will deny it - he is an ex-lawyer.  But remember the Gym is his world.  Who else would Teresa have heard it from?  And she and Dolores never liked Jackie.  Bill hearing it from Frank?  Dolores had worked for Bill before the show.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14

The last scene of Teresa in the kitchen showed how horrible her face is now from all the surgery.  Big wide lips, and everything else, terrible.  She looked like a freak.  Sorry, but true.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Jersey Barbie shows her newness by getting screen time attempting to teach Tre about hypocrisy. Silly bimbo. 

Tre didn't want lou to talk because she knew he'd show his ass. Did he really think he could gaslight the cast and audience about something recorded? And did it really take him all day to come up with that pathetic story? He's as dumb as she is!

Yes, Jennifer, we know you go low to retaliate. What we don't know is why you think that wraps things up and people won't respond in kind. You call my old man a bitch boy (even if he is), you're not going to find nice things coming out of my mouth!

Patterson Delo was more like Switzerland Delo this episode. Saying Tre likes Jennifer soooo much? Please girl! You've known her long enough to know she doesn't give an actual shit about any of her friends du jour.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I just don’t see why any of them care quite honestly. I think it’s sad that they’re using a “therapy” that someone sought out for help years ago as a storyline now to “prove” that there is something wrong with someone. It says more about what a piece of crap Marge and her husband are than the type of person Louie is. We may have never done something like that for help, but would it be better if he went to a traditional doctor, wrote his ex a letter, and she then leaked that? The man knew he had a problem, went for help, and now someone has turned it into reality tv comedy. And so what he isn’t telling the story that THEY think is true, WTF do they know? So now they’ll label him a liar too I guess. Over a situation they know absolutely nothing about. 

I can’t believe I used to like Marge and in a few short weeks I’ve grown to despise her and am sticking up for Tre. Is this the world we live in? (RHOOC)

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

The last scene of Teresa in the kitchen showed how horrible her face is now from all the surgery.  Big wide lips, and everything else, terrible.  She looked like a freak.  Sorry, but true.

What is up with the lips? They’ve all done that. Is there some quack doctor offering HW a discount because they all look ridiculous. Meliss and Tre the most in this franchise. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

Oh, I think Frank definitely has some dirt on Evan-gate.  Of course he will deny it - comes with his training as an ex-layer.  But remember that the gym is his world.  Who else would Teresa have heard it from and she and Dolores never liked Jackie.  Bill hearing it from Frank?  Dolores had worked for Bill before the show.

Jackie panicked way to much and shut that shit down then and now way to quickly for there not to be something hidden somewhere. Not saying it was right to put it out there but her reaction was odd. Even now with insisting they don’t bring it up or say his name (while she sits there gossiping about another woman’s husband). . Girl, there are way more influential and powerful men than Evan Goldschlagger that have committed adultery and went on to live very productive lives. There’s a storyline brewing there mark my words….

• Love 13
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Defend them from what? The truth is Melissa charged at Jennifer and Joe is crooked little bitch .

Someone on Twitter called him Joanna and now I can't think of him any no other way. 

• LOL 13
20 minutes ago, HotHW said:

Jackie panicked way to much and shut that shit down then and now way to quickly for there not to be something hidden somewhere. Not saying it was right to put it out there but her reaction was odd. Even now with insisting they don’t bring it up or say his name (while she sits there gossiping about another woman’s husband). . Girl, there are way more influential and powerful men than Evan Goldschlagger that have committed adultery and went on to live very productive lives. There’s a storyline brewing there mark my words….

Exactly. If I was confident I would do a Bethenny and say mention it all. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, gwen747 said:

I don't think Luis is all that bad based on what I've seen on the show. Of course, who knows what goes on behind the scenes. 

That’s what I was thinking too; if we had no internet, he’d seem generally OK to me (I haven’t dug around though, so I know nothing about him other than what’s said here).

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Tre’s makeup was terrible this episode, too shiny.  She also has to learn to stop being slack jawed with her mouth hanging open.  

I don’t find this arguing entertaining.  Looks like Bill is at least walking out on the guys bad mouthing Jennifer next week.  

There isn’t much you can do for her. Ugly inside & out. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I don't know - that whole scene just seemed like Teresa was desperate to NOT discuss anything in Louie's past - I don't know what she is afraid of!  Every single one of these guys, with the possible exception of Evan, have done or dealt with shady stuff, whether personal or business.  It should be no surprise to her or anyone else that there is some shady past with Louie as well.  The information has been out there on the gossip sites and blogs.  Just own up to a crappy past and move on!  

This. I don't care for Louis but Teresa was trying way too hard and I kept hoping someone would tell her to STFU and let the guy talk. She kept talking over him and in that moment, he did look like he wanted to explain himself to get Marge of his back. Now whether what he said was true is another story...

I cracked up at Dolores and Frank not being able to get in the gate, Dol telling Frank to it's the other fence and it was the garbage cans 😆

• Love 6
(edited)
21 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

There isn’t much you can do for her. Ugly inside & out. 

I cant believe she is still insisting she was a victim because she went to jail. No Tre, victims don't go to jail. Clearly she has learned nothing from her experience. 

Btw I didn't get the pink party theme at all. It looked like a bridal shower. My idea of a shore party would be nautical or beachy or picnic  or something along those lines. Blue and white maybe. Not pink.Plus who has a step and repeat for a party with 20 people max?

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

I don’t think Margaret was trying to intimidate him, but it’s interesting that he thinks she was. 

Tre shouldn’t have tried to stop him talking because it’s always entertaining to watch someone dig themselves deeper into a hole. Of course she wasn’t going to defend her brother and sister-in-law. I mean, why start now? 

I wonder if Jennifer stayed married because she’d rather have access to all of Bill’s money instead of just child support she’d get as an ex-wife. 

It’s true that Margaret openly talks about how she and JoeB got together, but that was probably to get ahead of any potential gossip about her past. Her ex Jan is still friendly with her and he’s the only person whose opinion about the affair actually matters. Jennifer’s mistake was pretending her marriage was perfect in comparison to everyone else’s. 

Defend them?? Why? They are crooks and annoying on top of it. Melissa you certainly have milked the limelight. I wish Jennifer would have gotten in a good slap when you stormed her

• Love 9
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

(Not that Tre shouldn’t have let him speak - it was the demeaning way he did it.)

OMG!!!! He's like Juicy but in a slimmer body and different ethnicity!!! From what I've read about him he has a violent streak that has gotten him into trouble. He assaulted a guy in a road rage incident and had some incident with his ex wife and then stalked his former fiancee/girlfriend. Huge red flags just on his personal history...but Teresa is incapable of seeing this or admitting to any kind of recognition of it.

35 minutes ago, Marley GMA said:

Defend them?? Why? They are crooks and annoying on top of it. Melissa you certainly have milked the limelight. I wish Jennifer would have gotten in a good slap when you stormed her

Where's your proof that they are crooks? And you condone violence? WOW.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

And the too dark tan...it just looks fake. All these women, except for Margaret, need to back off the sunbathing and take better care of their skin. It just looks so 1980's.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

And Evan telling him to GTFOOH!

I don't know if it was my HDTV or I was just high, but that watermelon Joe was cutting up might be the best looking melon I ever saw.

NJ is the garden state.  Their crops should look better than most.

Now everyone screaming and gushing over the bacon... still trying to understand that one.... just what do they normally or occasionally have for breakfast ?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

OMG!!!! He's like Juicy but in a slimmer body and different ethnicity!!! From what I've read about him he has a violent streak that has gotten him into trouble. He assaulted a guy in a road rage incident and had some incident with his ex wife and then stalked his former fiancee/girlfriend. Huge red flags just on his personal history...but Teresa is incapable of seeing this or admitting to any kind of recognition of it.

Where's your proof that they are crooks? And you condone violence? WOW.

If someone comes at me like Melissa did to Jennifer, then yes, all bets are off 

Edited by Marley GMA
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Marley GMA said:

Not Italian - not even a little  percentage? . Trying to think of the phrase that Melissa uses...

Now I wonder if that is also a thorn in brother-Joe's side to deal swallow

16 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

I don’t think Margaret was trying to intimidate him, but it’s interesting that he thinks she was. 

Tre shouldn’t have tried to stop him talking because it’s always entertaining to watch someone dig themselves deeper into a hole. Of course she wasn’t going to defend her brother and sister-in-law. I mean, why start now? 

I wonder if Jennifer stayed married because she’d rather have access to all of Bill’s money instead of just child support she’d get as an ex-wife. 

It’s true that Margaret openly talks about how she and JoeB got together, but that was probably to get ahead of any potential gossip about her past. Her ex Jan is still friendly with her and he’s the only person whose opinion about the affair actually matters. Jennifer’s mistake was pretending her marriage was perfect in comparison to everyone else’s. 

I got over a lot of my sympathy for Jan after Marge casually mentioned how he’d lock her in the closet - or something along those odd lines. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

It’s true that Margaret openly talks about how she and JoeB got together, but that was probably to get ahead of any potential gossip about her past. Her ex Jan is still friendly with her and he’s the only person whose opinion about the affair actually matters.

If I'm not mistaken, Joe B. was also married at that time.  Didn't Marge charmingly relate how he would have to shower her smell off of him before going home to his wife after their trysts? Seems the old Mrs. B might have an opinion on this as well.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sATL said:

NJ is the garden state.  Their crops should look better than most.

Now everyone screaming and gushing over the bacon... still trying to understand that one.... just what do they normally or occasionally have for breakfast ?

What about Margaret opting for a hot dog instead of lobster?  They all over do it on the food.

How long can this show go on.  Years ago, I remember reading something about Melissa being a stripper in Miami and living with a roommate.  Then Teresa got the show and brought Tarzan brother Joe on the show, then Melissa.  Joe started making her a singing star, haha with the recording studio in the basement.  Then came other gimmicks.  Now it’s the store Envy?  I don’t think she brings anything to the show except shaking her head and saying “ oh, my God”.   Looks like Bill and Jennifer might be finished. Maybe the show too?

• Love 5
22 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I can't digest all the yelling and screaming but I had to comment that I was like wtf are these women wearing to essentially what is a BBQ at someone's house? Jennifer was the only one who looked like she was actually dressed for a BBQ. And I want Joe Gorgas Gnocchi t shirt. Too funny. 

Teresa's face after the party looked like someone threw brown paint at her cheeks. 

And Melissa always wearing rhinestone studded strappy pumps wherever she goes.  Even with jeans.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had that exact thought, that is why every conversation ends in a screaming match and there is never any resolve and part of me thinks it is because of the low IQ's of the participants.  There is never a linear moment in their conversations when someone is screaming about someone else.

My take on Looeey is he changes every time he is on the screen, he morphs from nice guy to alpha male to control freak to a pouty little child to stupid jerk.  Currently I think he is stupid, arrogant and a control freak and the control freak bothers me most, when he threatened Teresa with leaving so she "would learn," really struck a chord with me.  Looeey's sex addiction that he talked about in the video might not be gone, Teresa was sex starved (she talked about it a lot), so they can both check that box.  His wanting to punish her to teach her is very worrisome, his refusing to show up which lead to her having to leave (her job) to take care of him was a power play for him, Teresa will be walking on egg shells and jumping thru hoops as long as she is with him.  I do not like Teresa, she is stupid, vapid and employs a double standard because she cannot understand simple concepts and resorts to yelling over anyone trying to explain anything she does not understand.  What makes me the maddest is I woke up at 5am thinking about this shit.

Bill has been checked out since we saw him in the first season they were on, I don't think he likes Jennifer very much.  Maybe this much talked about affair is the one we know about.

Frank looked so different way back when like it was a different person in that photo, Delores has been folically blessed, her hair was crazy long and beautiful in that photo and she still has a great head of hair.

Traci and Tiki are a little bit boring but I give her props for trying to get in there.

Margaret needs a story line that does not make her look bad, the interior of her fever dream house is done, her face lift is done, her mother and weird housekeeper are not around, she needs something more interesting to keep her spot on the show.

As much as I am not liking the Tre Mini Me (AKA Gia) I would like to be a fly on the wall in the House of Tre and Loo when he pulls his machismo crap and to hear what Gia says about it.

You don’t need an IQ to shop, drink gallons of booze, and cater expensive food for a party, which they have every week.  But, Teresa is very proud that she wrote four cook books.  Yeah, ok.   All I saw this whole episode was booze being pored morning, noon and night, and screaming and yelling over each other.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

What about Margaret opting for a hot dog instead of lobster?  They all over do it on the food.

How long can this show go on.  Years ago, I remember reading something about Melissa being a stripper in Miami and living with a roommate.  Then Teresa got the show and brought Tarzan brother Joe on the show, then Melissa.  Joe started making her a singing star, haha with the recording studio in the basement.  Then came other gimmicks.  Now it’s the store Envy?  I don’t think she brings anything to the show except shaking her head and saying “ oh, my God”.   Looks like Bill and Jennifer might be finished. Maybe the show too?

I remember Tre complaining that Joe and Melissa campaigned to be on the show, despite Tre's protestations. She said they went behind her back and reached out to the producers. Tre was pretty nasty to them from day one.  Of course with Tre, who knows? They all lie through their teeth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

He is doing a shitty job at it, then. lol. Sorry - not hot to me at all.

He looks pretty average to me.  I think the comparison between him and those other jamokes is what works in his favor overall.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, ichbin said:

He looks pretty average to me.  I think the comparison between him and those other jamokes is what works in his favor overall.

Same - average. Which ain’t bad. 

I cannot think of single RH husband I would consider hot. Even if good looking (Apollo?), the personality kills it. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago that the show has run its course. When the kids are grow up and old enough to be sitting in on grown folks conversations/liquid gatherings and going off on them, its time to pull the plug. And the constant flashback clips - means there is more in the past to talk about than the present.  I don't mind though seeing Frankie Jr (who I guess has finished college) and Dr Vet Gabby.  The show started with Mellissa's youngest getting baptized, so I guess they are trying to hold out for his wedding episode.

But Andy loves Tre and has a son to raise , so RHONJ continues to be his cash cow, with Gia tending the bar on WWHL.

RE: the "naked retreat experience" - I'm not buying he needed to go to a retreat to learn how to break up with a ex. He's a past grown man - how many Ex's has he had by now ? I mean is not 16/18 breaking up with a woman who he gave his virginity to or going off to war...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago that the show has run its course. When the kids are grow up and old enough to be sitting in on grown folks conversations/liquid gatherings and going off on them, its time to pull the plug. And the constant flashback clips - means there is more in the past to talk about than the present.  I don't mind though seeing Frankie Jr (who I guess has finished college) and Dr Vet Gabby.  The show started with Mellissa's youngest getting baptized, so I guess they are trying to hold out for his wedding episode.

But Andy loves Tre and has a son to raise , so RHONJ continues to be his cash cow, with Gia tending the bar on WWHL.

RE: the "naked retreat experience" - I'm not buying he needed to go to a retreat to learn how to break up with a ex. He's a past grown man - how many Ex's has he had by now ? I mean is not 16/18 breaking up with a woman who he gave his virginity to or going of to war...

I have never understood the Andy/Tre thing. I figured it was a ratings thing but it seems to go beyond that. I do admit that Tre and Juicy going to jail was a tv first. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I truly cannot believe that producers believe this is must see TV. They have ruined the lightheartedness of this show. I have had it with Joe Gorga. Melissa's weave looks a mess. The mean team can do nothing but talk about Teresa and Jennifer. And I see we are going to be treated to more screaming about insects from Melissa Gorga. Yay.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Lol I couldn’t agree more. Evan looks like a tennis ball to me. He seems checked out with Jackie too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, gwen747 said:

I don't think Luis is all that bad based on what I've seen on the show. Of course, who knows what goes on behind the scenes. 

The man has a seriously RED face in these last few episodes.  Is that from the sun?  Hey, Luis: Buy some sunscreen STAT!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Oh, I think Frank definitely has some dirt on Evan-gate.  Of course he will deny it - he is an ex-lawyer.  But remember the Gym is his world.  Who else would Teresa have heard it from?  And she and Dolores never liked Jackie.  Bill hearing it from Frank?  Dolores had worked for Bill before the show.

I would not be surprised if Frank knew more than he lets on. Didn't Margaret's Joe mention something that he heard rumors last season? I thought there was a clip of him speaking with some of the guys. I thought that Jennifer eventually told the ladies that Bill told her what Joe said and of course a screaming argument followed. I don't think it was ever fully addressed and that Margaret glossed over it all at the reunion or something. I could be misremembering though. All the screaming pretty much runs together at this point.

I do not like Tiki, but I loved that he was wearing an "I believe in Chris Jackson" shirt.

I cannot stand any of the mean girls trio. Also, Joe Gorga is a crooked little bitch. I wish one of the women would say he is crooked.

My unpopular opinion is while I do not particularly care for Teresa (I do not particularly care for any of these women or even the men) I probably would not watch the show without her. 

• Love 9
(edited)
22 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Jackie addressed rumors that she and Evan have separated and are getting divorced by giving interviews to media outlets recently. She claimed the rumors were false, but there might be something behind it. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

If someone comes at me like Melissa did to Jennifer, then yes, all bets are off 

As they say, don't start none, won't be none.

Yeah, as others have said, he is rather average looking, but probably looks better than the rest of the men on this show, which really isn't saying much.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What really gets me is most of them are dumb as rocks, yet millionaires for acting like they do.  What a world.  

I know a few people who would be considered fairly rich by normal standards and none of them are particularly smart. I feel like a large percentage is luck & the rest immorality. I'm fine where I am😉 We all should be if this is what "rich" looks like. 

• Love 5