Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Why Can't We Be Friends

• Start Topic

Heather holds a Celebration of Life for her father, while Jen downsizes to pay for her legal fees; Lisa throws an over-the-top 80's themed party, relationships are tested when Jennie attacks Mary for being dismissive and Meredith confronts Lisa.

Airdate: 02/20/2022

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

During her consult with the movers, it sounded like Jen was angling for a discount because she is so broke; and it looked like the movers had no idea she was in legal trouble and couldn't care less but were now factoring in a substantial pre-payment.

But he sure knew her neighbors wouldn't show up at her garage sale...

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I take it back, please take me back to the photo sheet and out of this Whitney and Justin hellscape.

7 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I take it back, please take me back to the faith journey and out of this “photo shoot” for her “jewelry line”.

14 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Heather, I wish you and your family well on each of your faith journeys.

And I even more fervently wish that I don’t have to watch any more of it.

Please take me back to Jen trying to sideways negotiate a pity/ysmpathy discount from her moving company!!!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1

Turbans just make me think of Sally Field in Soapdish:  

"That I don't feel quite right in a turban. What I feel like is GLORIA FUCKING SWANSON. What am I, 70, David? Am I 70? Why don't you just put me in a walker? Buy a goddamn walker and put me in it."

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

"That I don't feel quite right in a turban. What I feel like is GLORIA FUCKING SWANSON. What am I, 70, David? Am I 70? Why don't you just put me in a walker? Buy a goddamn walker and put me in it."

It just never seemed right to have Sally Field saying "Gloria FUCKING Swanson" - Sally Field should just not be using the f-word!  

But, yes, Jen looked ridiculous in her turban - between her over-made up face and the dress and turban, Jen looked like a broke-down carnival fortuneteller - I don't care if there was a knock-off Chanel pin on it or not!!!  And, where were turbans a thing in the 80's/90's??  Certainly not around here!!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I cannot believe that scene with Whitney and Justin. Why in hell would anyone want that shown on national TV? They have a daughter who is old enough to be mortified by this. If I were one of their kids I would want to leave the state of Utah and change my name. 

I would imagine that Justin's sons (who are close to Whitney's age) would be pretty disgusted and mortified by that, as well.  

Anything for a buck, I guess.

And, imo, this scene exceeds the disgust levels of any other similar scene between a housewife and her husband, including Joe and Teresa in the vineyard, on the Italy cruise or in bed in the mountain cabin; Ramona (in her negligee/teddy) and Mario in their boudoir with their foot massages; AND the Tamra and Eddie bathtub scene!!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

The memorial for Heather's father....was all about Heather.

Well who has a memorial for their father on a reality tv show?  Ditto actual business events - they just set up a venue so women can fight and scream at each other!  And get their "brand" on tv - at least we know Lisa sells booze and Meredith sells jewelry - I still have no idea what Whitney sells 😄. Although Meredith's "photo shoot" did not inspire me to go out and buy her unisex jewelry for the men in my life 😄  What's she so angry about anyway?  It says a lot that on a show with Jen Shah and Mary, Meredith is still my least favorite person of all!  (Second least is a tie between Seth and Brooks Marks, btw)

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, rlc said:

Alright- I can think of a million disparaging comments about Jen, but DO NOT MOCK THE TURBAN. THE TURBAN IS SHAMAZING AND SHAFABULOUS!

Okay - I think the only nice thing I can say about the turban is that it covered most of Jen's horrible wig.  

Sorry - that's all I got.  😂

• LOL 13

Heather has been moving on from being an ex-mormon in every fucking episode of the series. And now she'll work on it some more with a trip to Norway. Get a fucking plotline lady.

Jennie looked ridiculous getting into basically a fight with herself because Mary wasn't having it or giving her the time of day. BYE, won't miss you, Jennie.

Mary used the power of Jesus to win mini golf. And that's about it.

Brook's shoot was like one of those videos a lower tier boyband in the 90's would have.

Lisa, who cares. Jen, playing the most unsympathetic victim again.

I have blocked Whitney's scenes from my mind.

• Love 10

Jennie is such a try hard. She wants a moment so bad but no one cares.

I hope Jennie and Mary are gone next season.

Whitney and her husband and that sexy time scene was so fucking cringy. Like someone said it’s the cringiest housewife sexy time scene and there has been sone really bad ones lol.

Meredith your marriage is a joke. I think you are protesting too much. Her husband is gross and their forced scenes are gag worthy. Her stupid storm off.

Oh no 4500 sq feet! How will Jen survive in such a tiny space. Lol what a joke on her downsizing. Still has enough money for assistants and movers tho. Maybe I need to embezzle because I only live in 1100 sq feet and have no assistants lol.

Heather does have some good jokes here and there.

Oh god Brooks. No thanks times a million. No thanks to that whole weirdo family. What the fuck was that stupid photo shoot.

Meredith’s reunion dress looks horrifically bad lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 15

That Whitney scene was awful! I know she thinks she’s hot but I think she’s gross. And the husband is too pudgy for fake steamy tv scenes. 
Heather really kept the Mormon thing going all season long. 
The photo shoot, were those pajamas? 
Jennie tried to have a fight with someone to the end. I noticed they didn’t have a shot of her at the end and what she was up to. Or did they and I missed it?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The memorial for Heather's father....was all about Heather.

Yes! Ugh she went on and on about herself. I didn’t hear one sentence about her father that told me what kind of man he was...nothing beyond “He loved being Mormon” then, right back to I, I, Me, Me!  Starting to see why her family avoids her, and it’s not necessarily the religion. She seems unable to Stop talking about her spiritual crises. She seems fun when shes with friends and she’s not gnawing on the ‘I left the church’ bone, but every scene with family has been about her leaving Mormonism. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, bosawks said:

And I even more fervently wish that I don’t have to watch any more of it.

Exactly. That was a loooong segment. 

I guess Whitney and Justin have solved their "we don't have enough sex" storyline. 

Jenny has a mighty bad temper. 

Jen can afford to pay a moving company $10,000? The business of scamming must be very lucrative. 

Very inderwhelming finale. 

• Love 13

Is anyone even going to notice the jewelry over the rainbow of silk pajama suits? 

Ew. Whitney sat her naked ass on the dining room table. Bon appetite! Oh, God! We don’t need to see the cleavage toast! Keep this to yourself! Please. I’d rather get another 5 minutes of Heather’s boring Celebration of life or another 35 “I love its” as Lisa preps for the Vida party or get the breakdown of Jen’s moving costs. How much can she save if she packs the wall sconces herself? Noooooo! What are we seeing here?! Make it stop! Make it stop!

Why does Lisa keep using the word “eats” as a synonym for “food”? Is this a thing using a verb as a noun? She’s really all impressed needing to explain her mall food eats. I think people know what pizza is—but somehow the “amazing Chinese eats” isn’t just Lo Mein.

Mary doesn’t know anyone at this party because she doesn’t want to interact with any of her castmates. “People hurt me and I forgive them and move on.” Cue Whitney. “Oh, my God. What do you want?” Lol!

Jeez, Jennie. What the hell? I guess the producers told her they need a big fight for the finale? But her acting was way over the top. What are you even yelling about? She tried so hard to elbow her way in and turn Whitney and Mary’s conversation about her. Jennie is trying so hard to make herself happen. And then throwing a glass AT Mary? Too far, Jennie. But, Lisa thinks it’s great just as long as no Vida branded merchandise was harmed in the chaos.

So Meredith and Seth were separated and obviously agreed to see other people. If any of these other people (allegedly Jen, not sure who else) actually did cheat them why would they bring this up about Meredith, knowing their own affairs would be brought to light in retaliation? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Some fun small bits in this show. 

YES Mary is wholly awful and evil, but her very first reaction when Whitney first approached her at the party was perfect.

Jennie yelling something about how much she mattered or whatever was pretty hilarious.   Our house was all like "Welllll..... no, not any more..."

I know the photoshoot was creepy, weird, and dumb; but I absolute love the salt flats and all the insane landscape of the Great Salt Lake outside of the city proper.  I am convinced it was some great terraforming accident that occurred when aliens showed up looking for a place to live.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

When Mary is the most sane at that “party” I know I’m living in the upside down. WTH is wrong with Jennie? Glad she’s gone.

Whitney and her sexy time with her weird Carebear looking husband was just cringe. Not one sexy thing about it. I’ll take 10 bathtub scenes with Tamra and Eddie over that grossness. 🤢

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

I'm not a fan of either of them, but the best talking head of the show was Jen, when commenting on Jennie's glass throwing....."Nice try, Jennie, but I did it first and I did it better - my glass was thrown further than yours", or whatever it was she said.

So enlightening about who you are as a person, to be proud of being a crazed, hot tempered, glass throwing bully!!!!  

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

My EYES! Oh God my eyes .. I did NOT need to see Whitney and her husband doing that 

WTH was that? What kind of assclowns agree to film pretend sex scenes for BRAVO? I actually thought this show might be different and interesting, a look inside, so to speak. I should have known that no real LDS woman would show up on these shows  

Edited by chlban
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I would imagine that Justin's sons (who are close to Whitney's age) would be pretty disgusted and mortified by that, as well.  

Anything for a buck, I guess.

And, imo, this scene exceeds the disgust levels of any other similar scene between a housewife and her husband, including Joe and Teresa in the vineyard, on the Italy cruise or in bed in the mountain cabin; Ramona (in her negligee/teddy) and Mario in their boudoir with their foot massages; AND the Tamra and Eddie bathtub scene!!!  

Agree. When you have won the award for most disgusting scene in a Ho Wife show, time to reassess. I would love to know if that was their idea or BRAVO'S. Yuck. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

My EYES! Oh God my eyes .. I did NOT need to see Whitney and her husband doing that 

I FF'd thru that shit fast...Whitney is looking chunkier than last season, before everyone gets on me for saying that, I mean last season she was the ingenue, the thin, young thang and this season she is not so much.  Also, the red thong teddy on camera, yikes.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, bosawks said:

One of my favorite movies!  I can never see a turban and not think of that scene.  

All that fake fawning over Jenn Shah's outfit, ugh. Is the wig and turban an all in one situation?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
I miss read whatshisname's tee shirt so I deleted the sentence
  • Love 3

So….Coach Shah was telling Mary that Jen’s visit to her church came at the perfect time because the parishioners visited her, were kind to her,  and were sweet to her, but Mary has to take the credit.  Saying they follow her lead, what she’s telling them to do, that it’s coming from her.  For the love of god woman, have some dignity.  I find Mary disgusting and ugly inside and out.  All the designer clothes in the world can’t make her into something she’s not.  

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Whatshisname shows up in the Obama tee with his Sonny Crocket suit as a nod to the 80's? Obama was not the 80's, how does he not know that?

I thought it was a Reagan/Bush tee?

And that tee coupled with Meredith going on about LBTGQ equality and rights is an interesting choice...........

• Love 17

Honestly I felt the sex scene with Whitney and her husband and the whole glass throwing rant with Jennie was (badly) scripted by Bravo. Both scenes were unbelievably OTT to be believable. I was rolling my eyes so hard I still have a headache. 
I only watched this season to see Jen taken down. It really didn’t happen IMO. There was too much fighting about dumb things, when was the real date of Meredith’s father memorial, who was a good friend or not, and other mundane stuff I really didn’t care about or find entertaining. 

I think it’s ok to say Mary and Jennie are not back next season so we’ll see if next  season will be watchable. I’m not too optimistic. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I only watched this season to see Jen taken down. It really didn’t happen IMO.

This really was a massive disappointment.  Although everyone else has pled out, so I can't say it's looking that great for her, apparently.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm dead!

This is a perfect description! All he needs is a giant green clover on his belly 🤣

Well, if we were to see more of that sexy cringey scene with Whitney and Justin, maybe she painted one on his chest with the body paint they were rolling around in.

Although....I thank all that is holy we didn't have to see anymore!!!  

• LOL 3

Forgot to say in my earlier post that I think Heather's looking better in her talking heads. She's taking the time to blend the normally-ratty extensions into her real hair and wear some better eyelashes. Often her lashes look like they got lost under the bed - fuzzy weird whitish glue and skewed application. And in her THs the surgery/injectibles have calmed down. As a Beauty Lab mogul, she needs to try harder than she does. Or go more casual - nothing wrong with that.

I'm assuming Lisa's Vida has taken a very hard hit during the pandemic, since she once said that the Sundance film festival is her main business income. It's been cancelled at least twice due to covid. Perhaps she and her family are living off of Bravo income?

It will be interesting to see how Bravo and Jen will handle her trial, which begins in early March. Could be next season is Jen's last appearance on Bravo. Coach Shah continues to resemble a robot, in that all of his appearances on the show are so very rehearsed and inorganic. I wonder if the feds investigated how much he knew about Jen's shady practices. He's probably terrified.

I finally realized who Meredith reminds me of. In addition to Buddy Hackett, she's channeling Caroline Manzo: "when you threaten my famb-ly..."

So, after watching Housewives during covid, I still can't get over how all of these women throw away their dignity completely (e.g., Whitney and hubby). I guess they really need the money, and some of them ADORE the attention.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 9

Mary is interesting, she takes the time to layer on 3 or 4 layers of clothing, one layer is usually something shiny, the hand thongs and some necklace that gets lost in whatever she is wearing, forgoes the wig, arrives late to an event then leaves 15 minutes after arriving.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mary is interesting, she takes the time to layer on 3 or 4 layers of clothing, one layer is usually something shiny, the hand thongs and some necklace that gets lost in whatever she is wearing, forgoes the wig, arrives late to an event then leaves 15 minutes after arriving.

She was physically attacked. 

Edited by StillHere
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6