Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Why Can't We Be Friends

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

But, yes, Jen looked ridiculous in her turban - between her over-made up face and the dress and turban, Jen looked like a broke-down carnival fortuneteller

Spot on!  Jen's clothing choices rarely flatter her.  She is shorter, with a squarish body and thin arms and legs.  That type of body does not generally fall in with what is being sold as expensive fashion.  She needs a stylist who makes choices for her and not to just show off designer goods.  She's not the only one.  Heather doesn't dress for her figure either.  Whitney appears to make choices based upon what a pre-teen would think of as being sexy and girly.  I think Meredith picks things she thinks will set her apart from the others but goes too far in the wrong direction (OTT feathers or shoulders for example), and Mary looks like she walks into the designer departments of stores and puts on a blindfold before choosing what to purchase, with no attention paid to design or size (the label makes it good!).  Lisa is probably the most reasonable of the bunch in regard to fashion choices.  

5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Jeez, Jennie. What the hell? I guess the producers told her they need a big fight for the finale? But her acting was way over the top. What are you even yelling about? She tried so hard to elbow her way in and turn Whitney and Mary’s conversation about her

Watching her and Jen awkwardly come and sit next to Whitney and Mary while they were having their discussion scene was both cringy and funny.  I would be shocked to discover that move wasn't completely production driven. Jen didn't really have anything to offer. Besides, she probably was aware that her personal challenges will keep her on the show as long as she is willing to stay.  Jennie on the other hand appeared to be going all in on securing a second season. Made a fool of herself for nothing in the end.  Have to wonder how she and her husband feel about the way they allowed themselves to be portrayed on TV now that all is said and done.  I don't think either did themselves any favors.  

24 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I finally realized who Meredith reminds me of. In addition to Buddy Hackett, she's channeling Caroline Manzo: "when you threaten my famb-ly..."

Good point!  When I compare the way she comes across now to the beginning of her first season...another one who hasn't done herself any favors.  

14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mary is interesting, she takes the time to layer on 3 or 4 layers of clothing, one layer is usually something shiny, the hand thongs and some necklace that gets lost in whatever she is wearing, forgoes the wig

She's in a world of her own.  I do think she looks so much nicer when she chooses to go with her natural hair and leaves those terrible wigs at home.  Those wigs detract.  Without them one can see how pretty she really is.  

14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, imo, this scene exceeds the disgust levels of any other similar scene between a housewife and her husband, including Joe and Teresa in the vineyard, on the Italy cruise or in bed in the mountain cabin; Ramona (in her negligee/teddy) and Mario in their boudoir with their foot massages;

OMG, yes!  I didn't think anything could be worse than Ramona's super cringy sexing on Mario or Teresa and Joe in the bathtub.  Whitney and Justin take that crown.  That scene from start to finish...ughhhh!  Just surprised the didn't work the stripper pole in there somehow.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Honestly I felt the sex scene with Whitney and her husband and the whole glass throwing rant with Jennie was (badly) scripted by Bravo. Both scenes were unbelievably OTT to be believable. I was rolling my eyes so hard I still have a headache. 
I only watched this season to see Jen taken down. It really didn’t happen IMO. There was too much fighting about dumb things, when was the real date of Meredith’s father memorial, who was a good friend or not, and other mundane stuff I really didn’t care about or find entertaining. 

I think it’s ok to say Mary and Jennie are not back next season so we’ll see if next  season will be watchable. I’m not too optimistic. 

Actually, watchable is pretty optimistic😀 Although they are the worst of this bunch, it is truly not a high bar. I expect Jen to be back, no way she's giving up the paycheck now and we all know BRAVO's standards of integrity.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Marley said:

I expect Bravo to start filming again just before her trial starts which is March 2022 I think.

It's a federal trial, so no cameras or recordings are allowed in the courtroom. I imagine they'll hold off on filming until after the trial to see if Jen is remanded into custody.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

No way will Bravo resist the temptation to film Jen during the trial. They will coordinate filming with her - travels back and forth to the courthouse, sound bites from her at her home. She and her attorney will be careful, I think, limiting the discussion to how much she is suffering. ( In other words, same old.)

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Marley said:

I expect Bravo to start filming again just before her trial starts which is March 2022 I think.

I have heard they are already filming.  Bravo cameras have been out and about with Heather & Jen for sure.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

It's disgusting that racist Jennie got congratulated for a violent act against Mary and not one person went to check on her.  I can see why she skipped the reunion.

It was vile. They celebrated a violent attack. Never acknowledged it.

They, ALL OF THEM, showed they true colors. 

• Love 7

I truly hope Jen’s mom had second thoughts about giving up her retirement funds - it’s disturbing that, given that sacrifice, Jen would still insist on glam squads and a 4500 sf house.

Heather talked about herself at the memorial, but I did appreciate the family bonding.

Meredith and Lisa are both fake - they deserve each other.

Whitney - just ick.

Buh-bye Mary and Jennie.

• Love 5

After such an explosive season, I can't wait for the reunion!  It's a shame Mary didn't show up for it, but she's been trying to run away from the show most of the season, in one form or another.  I'm sure she wasn't happy about her church dealings being exposed.

Complete agreement on the cringy sex art with Whitney and Justin.  Way over the top- they could have cut that scene at the dining table and it would have been plenty.

I am so tired of hearing Jen play the victim, when she has been taking advantage of others and breaking the law for years.  She says she has provided jobs for many members of her family- I hope they weren't roped into her nasty scamming business.  She should feel bad for that, not bragging about it.  I was hoping to see a little humble pie from her this season, but that didn't happen- she just attacked others as usual to divert attention away from her legal drama.  And, she is still spending money on frivolous things like glam squads, huge houses, moving companies and luxury sport cars, judging from what I've seen on the show.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

After such an explosive season, I can't wait for the reunion!  It's a shame Mary didn't show up for it, but she's been trying to run away from the show most of the season, in one form or another.

She wasn't as involved as the others during her first season either as I recall.  

• Love 5

Maybe it's just me, but if I were facing federal charges, putting up million-dollar retainers and crying about "downsizing" (joke), I wouldn't be hiring movers (I'm assuming they are just moving across town), have professional makeup artists for a stupid tequila party and need several people to dress me. Nor would I really want to show up and make small talk with all the people who know damn well I'm facing likely prison time.

Also- two of the women consulting their SONS about their choice of dress? Lisa's son telling her "you look so pretty, Mom"-I have two sons and I promise you, I never asked them for fashion advice.

So Brooks is gay, but we just don't really want to say it? I mean, we all know it but since the show's inception we've heard Meredith murmur things about his "personal journey" and that she doesn't know about his sexuality- yet the two of them are (uncomfortably) all up in each other seemingly all the time? Whatever; it isn't a big deal, Chest of Armor. And we also don't need to know how "madly in love" she and Seth are because I'm not buying it for one second. He just loves being on TV and they tolerate each other (barely). I was in Park City a few months ago and her shop was closed- in mid-afternoon on a Friday afternoon. Is she so exclusive she can just be open a few select hours a week?

Whitney almost had my nod a few episodes ago when she was catching on to the others' games and telling us about it. Then she got into dropping her little info-bombs here and there to stir up trouble... and this week we see her drop any shred of dignity to parade around in a chintzy bit of lingerie and supposedly rekindle her romance with her husband- who, by the way, looked as if he would rather be anywhere than in front of a camera drinking champagne out of her bolt-ons and smearing himself with black paint. (I watched her spread the sheet on the white rug and thought "nooo! You're ruining the rug!")  As a side note, their house looks so frumpily decorated. Maybe she moved in to his house that he and his wife bought in 1988 after she broke up their marriage.

• Love 6

Brooks is gay obviously but Meredith keeps saying he hasn’t told her yet or something about his journey etc. she’s coming off worse to me because it almost seems like she doesn’t want him to say it. They are creepily close tho and Brooks comment to his sister at the photo shoot was yucky. Must get his sense of humour from his creepy slimy dad.

Mary is an evil woman who is just as much a criminal as Jen except she does it thru her church. She’s gross and the sooner she’s gone the better.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

It's disgusting that racist Jennie got congratulated for a violent act against Mary and not one person went to check on her.  I can see why she skipped the reunion.

This. Whether you like Mary or not (I’m not her biggest fan), it’s never okay to see a racist attack someone, especially in such a deranged manner. Mary has always gotten under Jennie’s skin because she paid her dust, and Jennie realized she couldn’t rattle Mary like she wanted.

Of course in light of what’s happened with Jennie, everyone has shared their PR statements, but we saw how no one had her back there and gave Jennie the “oh well”. 

Done with this franchise now.

• Love 6

Words fail me when it comes to Heather and her outfit at the memorial service, that chunky sweater dress and Herman Munster boots were terrible, she could not have looked more like a linebacker if she tried.

The colorful suits the models were wearing for Meredith's photo shoot looked so cheap I was half expecting to hear that Brooks made them.  Why is Meredith pretending she has no idea what the sexuality of her son is about?  It is almost as if she is in denial.  Also, that location for the photo shoot was pretty cool, and her photos did look good with the colors against the white salt flats.  Her jewelry is nice but who would even see it in those photos?  Is Brooks mad at his mother because she has a sweat suit in her line as well!  Also, no photos from this shoot on her website.

• Love 4

I read that the women watched the last 5 or 6 episodes the night before they filmed the reunion. Mary watched Jennie attack her for no reason at all, walked away and nobody followed her. She then watched the women congratulate Jennie on throwing the glass. I understand her not showing up now. And I'm not even a Mary fan.

Even if the racist stuff about Jennie hadn't come out, I'm glad she will be gone next season. That glass stunt was desperate. She literally had nothing to do with Mary and Whitney's conversation and tried very hard to insert herself and Mary did what she has been doing, which was ignoring her. I wish Whitney had told her to butt out and let her and Mary finish their conversation.

Jenn will continue to pick nonsensical fights with Meredith to keep everyone's attention off of the fact that she is going on trial for fraud. I'm not sure if her ignorance is because she doesn't want to face the consequences or if she actually believes that's she's innocent. 

That Whitney/Justin scene was the cringiest thing ever. I feel bad for their kids.

• Love 17

Bravo missed a golden opportunity with that cringey Whitney/Justin scene.  Instead of going down the completely unrealistic road of two sane people doing that on camera, they should have went with the more realistic reaction.

Husband comes home from a work trip, opens the door and finds his wife dressed like a hooker in his dining room, with a camera man filming her doing weird poses.  Husband flips out and attacks the camera man, reasonably assuming something adulterous is happening.  Perhaps the cameraman is a person of color, so enraged husband hurls some racist remarks his way before the cops are eventually called to sort out this big domestic misunderstanding.

Highlight said event all season with small teasers, setting up the epic finale where it all goes down.  Ratings go up.  Print cash.  

• LOL 10
On 2/20/2022 at 9:41 PM, bosawks said:

"That I don't feel quite right in a turban. What I feel like is GLORIA FUCKING SWANSON. What am I, 70, David? Am I 70? Why don't you just put me in a walker? Buy a goddamn walker and put me in it."

One of my favorite scenes!  Sally's ripping off her turban while saying it.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:12 PM, njbchlover said:

It just never seemed right to have Sally Field saying "Gloria FUCKING Swanson" - Sally Field should just not be using the f-word!  

Bite your tongue!  Sally should say that word in every movie and award show appearance. 

• LOL 3

I just noted something interesting: Jennie's comments on IG which eventually got her ousted were concerning; yet remember: Mary made comments about her eyes at the "Pho luncheon" that were also construed as racist and offensive.  

Possible moral: despite their alleged "wealth" and "status," these women are classless and crude. This was certainly brought home after the past few episodes. Behaving like horrible humans- on CAMERA- for the world to see- is about as low as you can go.

• Love 10

Whitney & her husband lmao wow I really have an opposite definition of ‘sexy’ than pretty much anything I see on these tv shows. I honestly just kept thinking what a mess that was going to be to clean up, and that her boobs were probably sweaty and so was his gut and that teddy looked like a yeast infection and there were camera people watching, fully clothed /just a perfect storm of cringe. 

However, Jenny managed to be worse with her desperate reaching for a ‘moment.’ I think that’s why no one reacted. Not because they didn’t care that Mary was assaulted with a glass, but because they knew it was a big act and Mary was never in any real danger. It was probably a prop glass made out of sugar for as real as these shows have become. 

Meredith-stop threatening us with a good time and tell the gossip, already! Otherwise, shut the hell up, faker. 

• Love 13
On 2/21/2022 at 1:53 AM, Marley said:

Meredith’s reunion dress looks horrifically bad lol.

I think she mentioned on WWHL that it is a Brooks creation.  No wonder.

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Bite your tongue!  Sally should say that word in every movie and award show appearance. 

"You like me!  You really FUCKING like me!"

• LOL 5
18 hours ago, Marley said:

Brooks is gay obviously but Meredith keeps saying he hasn’t told her yet or something about his journey etc. she’s coming off worse to me because it almost seems like she doesn’t want him to say it. They are creepily close tho and Brooks comment to his sister at the photo shoot was yucky. Must get his sense of humour from his creepy slimy dad.

Didn’t Meredith say something like “I don’t believe in coming out. We will achieve equality when no one has to come out” I think I understand what she means, but it was a strange thing to say. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think she mentioned on WWHL that it is a Brooks creation.  No wonder.

I think it was a collaboration between designer Christian Cowan and Brooks.  I'm just glad it didn't have Brooks Marks label tape running down the legs or across the boobs.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Marley said:

Brooks is gay obviously but Meredith keeps saying he hasn’t told her yet or something about his journey etc. she’s coming off worse to me because it almost seems like she doesn’t want him to say it.

IMO it was a "storyline" thing for them to use against Jen.  I commented at the beginning of the season that while it might be a normal thing for Meredith to say, "He hasn't even discussed those things with ME!"  it was not a normal comment for BM to say, "I haven't even discussed those things with YOU!"  When they replayed those scenes this week as BM reflected on all of the cool, sexually diverse people he met out on that ice floe, I was waiting for this to be his big showcase moment of coming out!  Instead he made sexy comments to his sister 🤷‍♀️

This is who Whit's husband reminds me of :

1154893.jpg.9648785f49b5ed7b5c40e7443a999584.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2022 at 7:19 AM, njbchlover said:

And, imo, this scene exceeds the disgust levels of any other similar scene between a housewife and her husband, including Joe and Teresa in the vineyard, on the Italy cruise or in bed in the mountain cabin; Ramona (in her negligee/teddy) and Mario in their boudoir with their foot massages; AND the Tamra and Eddie bathtub scene!!!  

I am personally debating whether this is worse than or just as bad as Ashley and Michael Darby in Potomac. At least Justin didn't start talking about another man when his wife was trying to get it on, unlike Michael...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/22/2022 at 5:44 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

The colorful suits the models were wearing for Meredith's photo shoot looked so cheap

I thought they looked very pretty but I thought they were pajamas.

“So I Creep”

kept going thru my head 

• LOL 2

Holy shit!!!  Lisa is my favorite person from this episode?  Who saw that coming?

Why is Whitney so desperate to hang on to this sex kitten vibe she had when she was cheating on her first husband with Justin?  She does not have a nice ass IMHO.   This scene was awkward and forced but not as much as the Duy and Jennie sister wife conversation!

• Love 2

The best, BEST part of this episode was trying to figure out how the audio techs were able to attach the mic pac to Whitney's ass in her skimpy lingerie. So laughable. The poor production team having to endure the things they HAVE to endure. 

Like the skeevy sex scene. 🤮 Just think about it. There are cameraman, sound techs, lighting, production, directors all watching this make believe love session which in and off itself, was truly one of the grossest things I have seen on TV. How do they do that?? Whitney and Justin must be in to voyeurism. Makes me throw up a little bit..  

Edited by Fig Newton
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 2/21/2022 at 12:29 PM, Lassus said:

This really was a massive disappointment.  Although everyone else has pled out, so I can't say it's looking that great for her, apparently.

The trial is a week away in real time, but the show ended the filming back in June, I think.

• Useful 2