Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: David's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I was afraid for the chair when he sat down in the restaurant...but what is he drinking?!

Bosco

5 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Robin likes him big and helpless.

Makes me think of a song ... "It Ain't the Meat It's the Motion."

One verse goes, "I had a man who was big and fat. Most girls don't like to see them like that. But I like to see them big and tall. The bigger they come, the harder they fall."

Now I'm going to have to find that old Maria Muldaur CD.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Is she my Gramma reincarnated?

My Grandma was partial to those jelly mint leaves and orange slices (they're not real oranges, though, so it's okay). Luckily she didn't keep them in her purse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Homeboy has a nice place and he needs to COOK things.

I would bet he has never cooked anything.  Maybe haven't even microwaved a frozen meal.  At most put a simple sandwich together...  Though that's not a reason not to start, of course. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

I had an aunt who had a similar injury. She got it just before starting a drive. An hour later a cop found her in her car on the shoulder of the highway with no idea of where she was or where she was going. 

5 yrs ago I fainted at work, was only out a few moments, coworkers called 911 & took me to the hospital.  My back hurt like hell but not my head.  They did CT of head just as a routine thing, looked ok, I went home. Few months later I started getting headaches, finally went to Dr 6 months later, he ordered MRI, while I'm at the MRI place my Dr calls & says have someone take you to the hospital immediately. Well turns out I had a huge subdural hematoma that shifted my brain over to half my skull so & had to have 2 brain surgeries. Oh they shaved all my hair off too, that was super traumatic. Went back to work 6 weeks later.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ShoePrincess said:

One verse goes, "I had a man who was big and fat. Most girls don't like to see them like that. But I like to see them big and tall. The bigger they come, the harder they fall."

I’m never going to get Midnight at the Oasis out of my head now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Funny that no one in this train wreck notices that a 12 year old who is pregnant and on hard drugs is an abused child, not a hopeless mess. They always seem to miss that when the abused child gets pregnant. 

Oh that little girl was definitely abused and severely neglected. No one cared enough to notice that someone was giving that child drugs. And she was raped, her age makes it impossible to consent and through drugs in top of it and it’s an absolute horror. Hopefully she went against the odds and was able to heal and move forward. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I really do like this guy.  

Compared to the idiots we’ve been subjected to - he’s a breath of fresh air.  With shoes.

2 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

I've just been transported back to the 70's 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I don't think David is stupid. It's too bad, with his life experience, that he didn't go into counseling, or some kind of post-foster care support program, etc. so he could help others.

From what I've read, kids who age out of foster care are often completely screwed. They're still young, have limited life skills, may not understand how to navigate college or trade school, not be taken advantage or, may live in poverty for years, etc. David could have done a lot to help them and he would have been a role model for them. Instead, he chose to eat and waste his life away instead of being of service to others.

It is difficult.  In our city, just began program for kids who age out.  Give them a mentor, set them up in own apartment, help with employment & over all life skills most of us "naturally develop when we live in bio family.  I've worked with a lot of teen foster kids, most have had it rough.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, aliya said:

I don't think David is stupid. It's too bad, with his life experience, that he didn't go into counseling, or some kind of post-foster care support program, etc. so he could help others.

From what I've read, kids who age out of foster care are often completely screwed. They're still young, have limited life skills, may not understand how to navigate college or trade school, not be taken advantage or, may live in poverty for years, etc. David could have done a lot to help them and he would have been a role model for them. Instead, he chose to eat and waste his life away instead of being of service to others.

When my dad (he would be 91) was a kid in the foster system, foster kids had 2 choices: turn 16  and go directly into the military or turn 16, get pregnant and marry some bozo courtesy of a local shotgun. Believe it or not, times have improved, but not much.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

I loves me some Maria! She's one of my faves. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's the sugar substitute. It's awful. As a diabetic, I ate these treats at first, but then learned they will make you sick real fast, and stopped. I'm better off with a small portion of the real thing. 

Last summer, someone gave me a bag of hard lemon candy for my birthday. I noticed I was having 'gastric issues' more than usual. I couldn't understand why, every day I was getting sick. The only thing different was ... the candy. Because it was a hard candy, I didn't even look at the packaging, and yeah, it was sugar free for diabetics. Never again. 

I went through a Diet Coke phase (from the soda fountain in the cafeteria at work). My stomach was bothering me for months until I realized that it was fine on the weekends...when I wasn't drinking diet soda.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

5 yrs ago I fainted at work, was only out a few moments, coworkers called 911 & took me to the hospital.  My back hurt like hell but not my head.  They did CT of head just as a routine thing, looked ok, I went home. Few months later I started getting headaches, finally went to Dr 6 months later, he ordered MRI, while I'm at the MRI place my Dr calls & says have someone take you to the hospital immediately. Well turns out I had a huge subdural hematoma that shifted my brain over to half my skull so & had to have 2 brain surgeries. Oh they shaved all my hair off too, that was super traumatic. Went back to work 6 weeks later.

Thank you for sharing that.  That sounds terrifying and if I ever hit my head and start getting headaches, I'll for SURE go see a doctor right away!  I fainted once, but I spun around and landed on the side of my face/head.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Except Ricky was far more hotter than the Beav!

Oh, Ricky Nelson! (fanning self). I remember watching Ozzie and Harriet and hoping hoping hoping Ricky would perform one of his songs at the end. My friend and I would put on her older sister's makeup in preparation. We were maybe 8. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I went through a Diet Coke phase (from the soda fountain in the cafeteria at work). My stomach was bothering me for months until I realized that it was fine on the weekends...when I wasn't drinking diet soda.

That stuff gave me some serious kidney stones. Love it, but it doesn't love me.  

• Love 1