Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: David's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ShoePrincess said:

I had to excuse myself for a few minutes to tend to my cat. She was singing the song of her people. It's called "Human, Why Is My Food Bowl Empty?". AKA "The Plaintive Wail of a Hungry Siamese Cat." It is ear-piercing.

Did I miss anything other than David waddling around while "Mom" makes goo-goo eyes at him?

I'm wrong for this but every time a Siamese Cat is mentioned, my mind starts singing "We Are Siamese, if you Please!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Working out in the pool! More of these people need to do that.

I want him to move by himself (well, maybe have Robin stay while he recovers from surgery, but then he needs some independence). 

I thought Robin was going to work out; now she's watching him in the pool...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

I had to excuse myself for a few minutes to tend to my cat. She was singing the song of her people. It's called "Human, Why Is My Food Bowl Empty?". AKA "The Plaintive Wail of a Hungry Siamese Cat." It is ear-piercing.

Did I miss anything other than David waddling around while "Mom" makes goo-goo eyes at him?

I feel your pain. Steve Martin had a short-lived comedy show in the early 90s and my favorite skit was “Cat Lassie.” Timmy was stuck under a log in the woods and sent Cat Lassie into town to get help, but alas, Cat Lassie went home and got in bed.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

We have an approval for surgery... will we actually have a success story to finish the season, or will circumstances interfere and prevent him from moving to Houston and/or from going through with surgery?

• Love 2

They are just fast forwarding through a lot of the story with this guy.  Shouldn't we have gotten endless scenes of him hemming and hawing about how he was going to move to Houston and myriad excuses for why he hasn't yet?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Looking at him now...  It's unusual to see a man who carries his weight in his butt and thighs vs. belly.   But that may be why he was able to preserve his mobility better than most people who have huge stomach or thighs. 

• Love 4

I could do without the Stuck and Dr. Pimple Popper commercials.    

Where did Robin and David get the pickup truck with the top? 

I tried to watch 1,000 Lb Best Friends, and couldn't make it past 15 minutes.    It should be called "1 Ton People who are Put Together by TLC, and Claim THey're Friends for the TLC Paycheck" show..    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TazDevil said:

They are just fast forwarding through a lot of the story with this guy.  Shouldn't we have gotten endless scenes of him hemming and hawing about how he was going to move to Houston and myriad excuses for why he hasn't yet?

Jeez - most of the season people were moaning about patients not doing the work, now we have a guy who was scheduled at his first follow-up meeting, is doing pool exercises, and actually moving to Houston, and y'all are still complaining. 

Robin, I hear you. I'm gonna smile and be supportive of David until I have a reason not to - and trust me, David, it won't take much for me to turn the other way, so watch it!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

Yeah. I didn't want to get yelled at for being anti-poverty or something, but yeah. She's just not my kind of person. Call me Robin.

Nah, her problem isn’t poverty; it’s a complete lack of self-awareness, plus a generous scoop of fame-whoredom, times a totally unwarranted belief that her antics are amusing. I’d like to see her and Tammy in a steel cage match. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I have been valiantly fighting an urge to have a dollar menu binge. 

I actually usually get the two cheeseburger meal, no cheese, with medium fries, and I get Dr Pepper with no ice, then bring it home and pour it into a bottle to keep in my fridge and drink it over a few days.

Last time I got chicken tenders, which seemed like they had been sitting under the warming lights too long, and I suspect that's actually what got me sick. Don't think I'll be getting those again.

• Love 1

Robin has a nice home & a job. Seriously, if she just goes down for his surgery & maybe 2 weeks after, he should be just fine on his own.  He's a young dude & mobile.  It's easy for so many others on his show to move because frankly they often have no jobs & don't own homes. That goes for their families too.  

• Love 6