Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Lisa's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Ive been applying to positions as lecturer. I would quite like to teach.

Depending on your field, there are usually a lot of people who want to adjunct. We'd get people all the time with no relevant knowledge or research in the field who wanted to be faculty. I've heard from folks in history that they get applications from people who just like history and thought it would be fun to teach. 😒

Also, some fields are more regulated than others. I was in a professional program. We had different requirements for faculty, since the school needed to be certified by the ALA, than maybe a basic math, comp sci, or English composition program.  Look at the qualifications of people who are teaching where you want to apply and see how you match up. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I missed the first half hour of this mess.  Is it worth going back to watch it?

Nope.   SHe has a sad childhood, but many boyfriends over the years, then latched onto poor Randy.  Randy died of Covid-related illness.    The only fun part of the first hour is her shopping demands she told Randy to get, and then she called him the enabler.   

She was hideously nasty to Dr. Now, the physical therapy people, and dietician.  

They forgot to put tape over the Apple symbol on the laptop.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

I loved motorcycling in my 40's. I loved long distance riding.. so much fun. I even bought a motorcycle in California just so that I could ride it home to PA

Image007.jpg

Very nice!  I’m not that brave anymore.  I regularly see tractor trailer rigs speed up behind motorcycles.  It’s crazy and so risky.

3 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

Motorcycle. 

My personal goal is to die still owning on my loans. (Also mine.)

I was of that mind too...I plan to either die owing or find a late life career lucrative enough to pay them off in a year. 

• Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Lisa: Can you go grab my computer? It’s in the kitchen. And bring me that box of Little Debby Snack Cakes while you’re there.

I saw the oatmeal pie today at Target (haven't paid attention them in years), it was ONE DOLLAR...let's pause for a minute while I sound like I am old...I remember when they were 25 cents.  Holy crap, Beave...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

That's the same house she was always in, I think the ladies who work for her cleaned it up a lot.  They also put sheets on the bed.    

She must be on big amounts of horse tranquilizer.   She's almost pleasant.    

They have Little Debbie ice cream too.    

Reading the diet means nothing.    So, she's no longer cooperating with the PT people, next the helpers will get the nasty treatment.   

So she quit.   No surprise. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Ponzi scheme?  I love the Ponzi scheme stories

The rookie fund manager had a Lambo, a house in Cabo and a vineyard in Tuscany, but none of his clients were suspicious.

I just watched "Tinder Swindler" on Netflix today! Another Ponzi-er. I love Ponzi stories because I can sit smugly on my couch and shout "what an idiot!" over and over. 

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, mk828 said:

I started to get into the 2 after the 90 days shows recently. Might have to join the others on here for those shows. 

Most of us live chat for those too. We’re huge TLC sluts, but only the sluttiest of us stick around for Darcey & Stacey.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

I saw the oatmeal pie today at Target (haven't paid attention them in years), it was ONE DOLLAR...let's pause for a minute while I sound like I am old...I remember when they were 25 cents.  Holy crap, Beave...

I got oatmeal creme pies today. They were like 2 inches wide. I swear they used to be at least twice that size. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I'm even worse, a FF and American Greed addict.  A dangerous combination.

I love American Greed. The investment fraud that ppl get away with is crazy. The pill mill ones make me very angry 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

Depending on your field, there are usually a lot of people who want to adjunct. We'd get people all the time with no relevant knowledge or research in the field who wanted to be faculty. I've heard from folks in history that they get applications from people who just like history and thought it would be fun to teach. 😒

Also, some fields are more regulated than others. I was in a professional program. We had different requirements for faculty, since the school needed to be certified by the ALA, than maybe a basic math, comp sci, or English composition program.  Look at the qualifications of people who are teaching where you want to apply and see how you match up. 

Im in aerospace engineering. I have masters though I dont have any published papers except my thesis so I am working in that! 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love it. My friend is really judgemental about the trash TV I watch and says it is toxic And for trashy ppl etc… yea he is kinda pretentious. I don’t need to watch documentaries all the time Allen

Yeah well, they used to tell me the same thing about reading Fantastic Four comic books back in the day.  My brain is still working. 

• Love 2

She uses “ok” as a empty word. She’s making a sound to pretend to be listening. 

ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…ok…

• Love 5