Type keyword(s) to search

S10:E12: Dolly's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Now the claim that Mom has always been supportive and a bit TOO supportive I buy into...  and I don't see Dolly being able to handle time alone wiht herself.  C'mon, would YOU tolerate being 1:1 with her?  Neither can she! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Did she say $18 for a "whole chicken?" Isn't that pretty pricy for a chicken?

It’s organic free-range gourmet high fiber functional gluten-free adaptogenic sugar-free salt-free non GMO high antioxidant unvaxxed upcycled recycled wagu chicken. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

So glad that Dr. Paradise did NOT go against Mom's needs!!!!!

Right. Momma needs her own life…as she raises her daughter’s daughter that she’s too selfish and incompetent to raise. I don’t blame her. One child is enough at her age. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I have a few addicts in my family as well, I also heard the bipolar excuse 

Yes, its pretty standard. Shes been to rehab more times than I can count and has learned to lean heavily into bipolar.

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I have a few addicts in my family as well, I also heard the bipolar excuse 

I have friends who smoke weed every single day. I have to distance myself. Legal or not, it's addictive and tends to dumb down the user. 

• Love 3

I have a question:  if you were 600 lbs.. would you make your hair blue.. or do whatever would make you stand out to the people???  I don't get it

I don't have experience working with super morbidly obese people but I do have a fair amount of experience with people with other eating disorders, mainly anorexics and many of them are drawn to tattoos, multiple piercings, and bright hair colors. Some of them just like it but others have said that they always feel like everyone is staring at them and judging them...so if they have wild hair or obvious tattoos, they can believe those are what are making people stare and not their "hideous" (to their minds) bodies...

In their defense, 1) bipolar sucks and 2) many people with mental illness self-medicate with drugs and alcohol. That doesn't give them the right to treat the people who care about them like shit, but it's entirely possible to have bipolar and really suffer from it and be an addict.

That said, I doubt that Dolly has an official medical diagnosis of bipolar - or much of anything else in the mental health arena. It does sound like she was tested pretty extensively in her early years for learning disabilities but I doubt she has had a thorough mental health evaluation ever.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

You know, folks, back in the day, we didn't talk about deodorant for private parts on TV. We hardly talked about deodorant - and somehow we all lived. 

My sister and I were talking about getting older today. I think I'm still kinda rock and roll and a little hippie, but damn. You kids need to keep all this personal stuff off the TV and the internets. No one needs to know this stuff. 

You go girl!!  Hippies used to babysit me (I was in my teens.. the oldest) .. best girls.  I wondered why i was hankering listening to All The Leaves Are Brown.  and I have the CD.

• Love 4
Just now, Boston said:

You go girl!!  Hippies used to babysit me (I was in my teens.. the oldest) .. best girls.  I wondered why i was hankering listening to All The Leaves Are Brown.  and I have the CD.

Mamas and Papas!!!!  Now you make me want to listen to the Young Rascals!!!!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

It’s organic free-range gourmet high fiber functional gluten-free adaptogenic sugar-free salt-free non GMO high antioxidant unvaxxed upcycled recycled wagu chicken. 

I watch this doctor who advocates keto/carnivore for diabetics and he talks about that kind of stuff as being "massaged by pandas." As in, "You just need some ground beef. You don't need some $30 steak where the cow was massaged by pandas." Cracks me up every time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I remember the last time I had cannolis.  It was in Boston too.  Visited a Northend bakery and later ate them in the September sun at Boston Common.  Lovely memory!

My friend's husband threw her a surprise party for her 40th birthday (five years ago..!) and got something called the Holy Cannoli from a bakery near where they live (in Poughkeepsie, NY area). It's a giant cannoli shell filled with 40 small cannoli. I'm not generally a big fan of them but those were pretty good.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

You know, folks, back in the day, we didn't talk about deodorant for private parts on TV. We hardly talked about deodorant - and somehow we all lived. 

I often wonder what demographic they think they have here... private parts deodorant and testosterone products. That guy with the fishing pole? 

Sweet baby jeebus 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Pretty sure nothing is going to change in the next twenty minutes.  Not sure what we watched today.  A big baby with a baby who eats like she's being fatted up for the next fair and alot of blue hair.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, hookedontv said:

I’m supposed to be getting some sort of “wintry mix” tomorrow. Ugh. 

My Dad  (who lives in MD) said that he is expecting snow tomorrow or Friday.  Saturday here.  I have to get my butt in gear.. Sorry to interrupt.. but this bitch just said she doesn't know how to do laundry.  SMH and laughing

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

My friend's husband threw her a surprise party for her 40th birthday (five years ago..!) and got something called the Holy Cannoli from a bakery near where they live (in Poughkeepsie, NY area). It's a giant cannoli shell filled with 40 small cannoli. I'm not generally a big fan of them but those were pretty good.

I love the cannoli filling and I could skip the shells.  Wegmans sells the filling separately!  

Look at her doing her own laundry!  At least she is getting somewhere, even if her face still looks like a cross between a baby doll and a goldfish.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, dreadfulLeigh said:

Just so you know, that combo of colors can look nice. Although i wasn’t blessed with red hair and had to dye my roots to fake it lol.

CD4A545B-B5BE-4A03-9835-FCCFF7FB86DA.jpeg

Princess Poetic, who is an engineer, has a purple tint to her hair. Its actually pretty. 

• Love 4