Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Who's Calling Who a Fraud?

• Start Topic

The ride to Zion has the women on edge as Jen and Lisa face off over her refusal to choose sides between Jen and Meredith. Whitney aims to reunite the group with some spiritual healing, but her efforts quickly go to waste when tempers flare at the white dinner. Meredith’s integrity is called into question, and Jen finally gets a chance to ask for the truth.

Airdate: 01/16/2022

• Useful 1

OMG, the faces on the non-Jen/Mary/Meredith side of the table after the big blow up.  Heeeeeee-larious.  

Jen really needs to just calm the eff down.  I didn’t think anyone could be more of a PR disaster in the face of criminal issues than BH Erika, but Jen is the clear winner on that now for me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

I wish Jen would shut the fuck up. The screaming is so annoying and I didn’t even know what they were fighting about anymore. Someone who just got arrested should not be trying to fight someone lol. If she thinks she was only arrested because Meredith and Mary she is delusional. There is evidence. Jen just because you keep screaming that there’s nothing on you doesn’t make it true lol.

Somehow I felt bad for Lisa on the bus.

Jen and Mary should be let go. They only bring the show down.

• Love 16

It's frustrating watching Heather, Whitney, Lisa and Jennie just shrink in fear of Jen. Why they indulge her tantrums I'll never understand. Good for Meredith standing her ground and getting some jabs in. If me and my kid receive threatening messages you bet your ass I'm going to investigate where the danger is coming from. 

In all of the articles about Jen's arrest it was clear the feds had been investigating Jen for years and had already indicted over a dozen others in the scam. It was not something Mary or Meredith were involved with. 

Whitney is trying really hard to pull Meredith over to the anti-Mary gang so Mary will be completely isolated. 

• Love 16

I'm really surprised these women allowed a lightweight like Whitney to produce them like that.

If I was sitting at that table, I would have shut that helium-voiced twit down.

Edited by StillHere
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I don’t like Meredith because she’s obsessed with Mary but I do kind of like her for actually giving it back to Jen. If someone got in my face like Jen does to ppl I don’t know if I could handle it I’d wanna smash her so bad lol.

• Love 13

I've completely lost the plot. Why are these women so intent on continuing to coddle a screaming psychopath like Jen? Give her the best room? Why? I don't care for Meredith (especially since she's grafted  herself to Mary), but it was satisfying seeing her give as good as she got from Jen. I did giggle that fashionably late Meredith got the room with no closet  in which to unpack her 10 suitcases. 

Both Jen & Mary are total unhinged grifting nut-bags and need to go.

Poor Bettina. There is not enough sage and drumming in the world for this crew.

• Love 22

I think not acknowledging that these women are on a TV show together is creating some truly bizarre storylines. Like this idea that Mary and Meredith weren't on that bus indicates that they knew something was up because only the women and their family knew about the trip is so dumb because lots of people would have to know about the trip with all the cast, crew, the places that you were going to be filming at because you'd have to get permission and whatnot.

It's also so wild to watch a group of women have a collective abusive relationship with Jen. Like she gets drunk, yells and gets physical and is punished by (check notes) getting the best room? I will give them a smidge of credit that they are more confrontational with Jen than their RHOBH counterparts were with Erika but that's not saying much. You'd think that someone would be savvy enough to know which ways the winds were blowing and know that being anti-Jen is the way to go. Meredith is almost there but she also doesn't want to engage, which does not work on a reality show.

• Love 21

The spiritual thing was a waste.

And seriously incorrect. "Red represents indigenous women."

Actually, no one color represents indigenous women. They are not sports teams. However, red bandanas, scarves, etc.  currently represent missing and murdered indigenous women. https://mmiwusa.org/  Shawls of any color are very personal choices, often labored over, and usually worn at powwow dances. Betina's cultural appropriation annoys me.

I didn't see all of the episode. Who was the woman on the bus who yanked Jen around? Production? Security?

As I expected, I'm pretty sure the allegiances to Mary and Jen are to keep them on the show as long as possible and the ratings up. Disgusting.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I mean making your mother cash in her retirement to pay for your legal fees but still have money to pay for a "glam" squad .... Girl I just shook my head

I don't for a second believe that Jen's mother actually did that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something they just said on camera to garner sympathy from the public.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Heather and Whitney don't like Lisa because she's pretentious and obnoxious and acts as if she's better than they are.

I mean, she is pretentious and obnoxious but I'm 100% over their beef with her, it seems every chance they get to complain about her, they take it, and it's especially annoying when they keep defending Jen. 

Also, I get that they're targeting Meredith and Mary for bailing on the trip, but to say that they had something to do with Jen's arrest is foolish at best, do they think the FBI need M&M for info? I know Bad Weather (such a dumb nickname but I love it) are trying to stir the pot but this narrative is making them look stupid. 

1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

I’m so tired of Meredith disengaging.  Stay and be part of the show.

While I think this whole fight with her is stupid, she should not think it's stupid, she is part of the cast and she needs to engage, I agree. Both Jen and Meredith should just leave (but I guess at least Jen is not leaving, correct?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

If Lisa & Meredith were such "besties" for the past 10 years, then why wasn't Lisa the one to go after Meredith after she "disengaged," rather than Mary? It would have been an opportunity for Lisa & Meredith to make amends with each other & only reinforces how FAKE this show is. 🙄

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Not sure why Jennie is on the show.

I'll take a swing here and suggest it has to do with Bravo wanting to maintain a diverse cast and discovering that the two non-white original cast members also happen to have some, ahem, personal issues of concern.  Mary was already showing herself to not be a team player in the first season.  I have to guess that the authorities might have given production a hint that all was not right in Jen's world while digging up evidence and information needed for their case.  Proactive casting perhaps in anticipation of absences or departures.

Actually, with the exception of the sister wife story (and I have serious doubts as to the authenticity of that), Jennie seems more normal than most of the rest. She makes some astute comments in the moment too, and not only in her talking heads like some of the others with the benefit of time to plan their statements.  Meredith is not doing herself any favors this season between the loyalty to Mary and her OTT fashion choices.  Mary has been revealing more and more nasty and negative personality traits in addition to the questions regarding her church.  Jen is as volatile as she was last season and I can only guess that her actions overall must be driving her legal team batty.  Heather also not doing herself favors with her loyalty to Jen.  Lisa seems to be losing the control over her persona that she appeared to have in season one. Whitney has actually shown more substance than in the first season.  

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I mean making your mother cash in her retirement to pay for your legal fees but still have money to pay for a "glam" squad ....

Thank you!  Yes, that was disgusting.  Actually, her entire performance during the pool scene when she mentioned her "glam" was pretty bad.  Like a hyperactive six year old.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I’m so tired of Meredith disengaging.  Stay and be part of the show.

IMO it's a total loser move to stomp off and then return 5 minutes later.  If you're actually leaving - go to bed.

46 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Actually, with the exception of the sister wife story (and I have serious doubts as to the authenticity of that), Jennie seems more normal than most of the rest. She makes some astute comments in the moment too, and not only in her talking heads like some of the others with the benefit of time to plan their statements.  

I like Jennie overall - her problem is she's a little too aware she's on tv.  From the sister-wife story, to when she angrily bursts into arguments she's not involved in, even to winding up her precocious little daughter.  That's when she gets on my nerves 😄

• Love 11
4 hours ago, princelina said:
8 hours ago, For Cereals said:

IMO it's a total loser move to stomp off and then return 5 minutes later.  If you're actually leaving - go to bed

I know. How many times have we heard a housewife say "I'm done"? They storm off and within minutes they are right back in fighting and screaming so tiring. If you're done be done. 

• Love 8

Shanae the producer wanted a fight, but Jen took it too far. Shanae doesn’t get paid enough to be security, too. I can totally understand Heather saying she’ll do whatever it takes to join Mary and Meredith’s alliance/coven the next time a bus trip is on the books just to fly with them instead.

“JB Husband Boss.” Really, Lisa? These are the labels you put in your phone to help you remember that you’re married to and work with John? Lisa was a Hooters girl!

Jennie can’t swim and has no intention of learning how now. But her immediate reaction to seeing Jen tumble off the huge-ass float is to climb on it herself. These girls are ready to drown themselves rather than deal with the impending fallout of when Mary and Meredith arrive. This energy healer is going to have their work cut out for them. Mary was gleeful over the fight and wished she saw it! Well, her wish is about to come true, because Jen is looking for “those two bitches” presumably to attack them next! Wait, Mary was just on the other side of Meredith’s room but Whitney didn’t have time to tell her she had to go do they’re just leaving her?! Lol.

They all pledge to let go of their drama with each other. Let’s see how that works out for them. They probably should have went to the labyrinth in The Shining for that; this little spiral isn’t going to cut it.

Wow. They made the right call leaving Mary behind. This is some bullshit right here.

Jen puts her snake outfit on in preparation for spewing venom. Uh oh, someone keep an eye on Jen that she’s not going to grab a weapon. Oh, nevermind. She’s just sticking her hands into the trays of rice and offering to help cook.

I didn’t have the PI investigate you, I gave him all of your names to investigate. I’m not sure that’s better, Mer. Jen’s not doing any better with I would never threaten your family while literally threatening Meredith. Jen makes the mistake of using the word “fraud” but tries to pivot away by bringing up Meredith’s “10 mother (bleep)ing boyfriends.” If only they got to the fire ceremony earlier, perhaps all of this could have been avoided.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I know. How many times have we heard a housewife say "I'm done"? They storm off and within minutes they are right back in fighting and screaming so tiring. If you're done be done. 

When it comes to “fight or flight,” I am also a “flight” person. If someone is yelling at me, I will try to disengage and get away until everyone can calm down and we can have a normal conversation. I guess the “flight” reaction doesn’t bode well for reality Tv, and producers need to force these people to get back in there and voice their side whether or not they feel comfortable doing so.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, JenE4 said:

When it comes to “fight or flight,” I am also a “flight” person. If someone is yelling at me, I will try to disengage and get away until everyone can calm down and we can have a normal conversation. I guess the “flight” reaction doesn’t bode well for reality Tv, and producers need to force these people to get back in there and voice their side whether or not they feel comfortable doing so.

Yours is the healthy way to respond to narcissistic rage. People like Jen feed off the shock, dismay, fear, any reaction that shows they have power. imo Bravo has gone too far - hiring garden variety narcissists to bring the drama is one thing; hiring people with full-blown npd is another.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 13