Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Straight Questions, Straight-ish Answers

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers are allowed in the episode threads; this includes suggesting that people go to other threads to read spoilers.  An exception is being made for discussions of the book reviews since the book party was included in the episode and looking for it will bring up the reviews. 

• Start Topic

Heh. I called it in a previous thread! Shirtless "Ryne" modified his own name to sound cool. And everyone on the show is equally confused as the viewing audience. I kind of loved Emily for pointing that out - that is until she got sloppy drunk. Yikes, she seems like a handful at outings.

I don't care about Noella's drama with Heather. I think this episode demonstrated what happens when two narcissists collide.

I feel like Shannon should hang out with her Mom in Nashville more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Heh. I called it in a previous thread! Shirtless "Ryne" modified his own name to sound cool. And everyone on the show is equally confused as the viewing audience. I kind of loved Emily for pointing that out - that is until she got sloppy drunk. 

As a name nerd, this kind of bums me out! I was good friends in high school with a Ryne and think it’s such a unique name. We knew of a pro baseball player with the same name and that was it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

As a name nerd, this kind of bums me out! I was good friends in high school with a Ryne and think it’s such a unique name. We knew of a pro baseball player with the same name and that was it.

I'm a name nerd too, and I would have given him a pass as having a quirky variation if his parents had bestowed it upon him, but as suspected, he chose to modify it himself, which is just silly and unnecessary.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

Questions posed by a passing 5year old upon glimpsing the back view of Emily at the end of this episode :  "Why is she show her bare butt on the tv?" &  "How her butt get so high up?"

Adult responses-- (mom) "Because God makes everybody different."  (dad) "& he has a twisted sense of humour!"

(both) -- "Bedtime! Go find a bedtime book!"😁😅

It is a good thing your 5 year old did not ask about the massive back cleavage Emily was showing off, does she not ever see the back of herself?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is a good thing your 5 year old did not ask about the massive back cleavage Emily was showing off, does she not ever see the back of herself?

Actually that's exactly what she was referring to. She thought the open back of the dress which showed Emily's bare back exposing a "jiggly" area with the "crack" formed where her too tight dress pushed the flesh on either side together was somehow her buttocks even tho' they weren't in the usual place !

When I watched the scene again that's exactly what it looks like to me now & I can't seem to unsee it😳!

I seem to remember she wore a dress with a similarly  placed cutout on a previous episode (maybe the same dress?) Doesn't she have a full length mirror  and at least a good hand mirror to see how she appears from the rear view? Doesn't anyone around her notice/ care enough to tell her "Hey, your clothes are ill-fitting and you appear to have an extra (unnaturally high) bare ass !"? 

Kinda tragic....

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, BlueHawk said:

Actually that's exactly what she was referring to. She thought the open back of the dress which showed Emily's bare back exposing a "jiggly" area with the "crack" formed where her too tight dress pushed the flesh on either side together was somehow her buttocks even tho' they weren't in the usual place !

When I watched the scene again that's exactly what it looks like to me now & I can't seem to unsee it😳!

I seem to remember she wore a dress with a similarly  placed cutout on a previous episode (maybe the same dress?) Doesn't she have a full length mirror  and at least a good hand mirror to see how she appears from the rear view? Doesn't anyone around her notice/ care enough to tell her "Hey, your clothes are ill-fitting and you appear to have an extra (unnaturally high) bare ass !"? 

Kinda tragic....

I thought they were talking about her actual ass because her dress was as usual too short...sigh, back ass is a thing now.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Not much traffic here… does not bode well.

I’m not that keen on Noella but I’m thoroughly enjoying her holding Heather to account (personal shrine room anyone?!)…no wonder she’s keeping Noella at arms distance and not inviting her to the weekend away!

Did Heather invited Noella over to make her confess calling her some name and after the confession Heather tells her off and tells her she is not the friend for her?  "Who does that?"  Please read that in the audacious tone one might use upon learning someone ate the bow off your cake.  That shit could have been done via phone.

I do believe that Heather chose the time for Noella to come over so she could show off her podcast or whatever she was doing because a house that size, the door unlocked, the gate open, no intercom at the door, no housekeeper on the look out for Noella? Can we just roll up to Heather's House of Horrors and walk right in?  

• Love 22
7 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Ryne Sandberg from the Cubs.  I assumed Jen’s husband was a fan.  🤷‍♀️

• Love 4

What grown up mature man decides to change his name, it's not like the world was having a hard time pronouncing, "Ryan."

I love that the buzz of the party was how to pronounce, "Ryne." 

Between the stupid name change and his shirtlessness I have decided there is not enough vodka in Russia for me to want to bed down with that man, also his mouth, ick.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Noella loses me as some kind of hero standing up to Heather when she makes things up and also doesn't stand by her statements. The idea that Heather "pushed" someone into a wall was kind of ridiculous on its face. If Noella had said, "I just thought the way you acted at your party was bad" or something, then okay. But making hyperbolic claims about Heather's actions doesn't inspire confidence in me.

I think that the fact that Noella has issues with Heather, Nicole, and Jen says something about her and not the other women - she's the common denominator.  Now, I definitely think there are things to criticize about Heather, Nicole, and Jen. But Noella's criticisms strike me as pretty weak and she looks like someone who is spoiling for a fight to make sure she gets her screen time. 

ETA: Her arguments about Nicole don't even make any sense to me. Nicole wasn't the one who brought up the law suit in the first place.  So Noella's argument that Nicole had "changed" because she didn't want to talk about the law suit after Nicole had her discussion with Heather are nonsensical. Nicole didn't want to talk about the law suit with anyone, it seems, and that only got reinforced with her discussion with Heather and Terry. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 8

We finally get someone who isn’t impressed by or afraid of Heather(‘s money) & shes a flake who can’t keep her stories straight. Sigh. Loving that she’s got Heather’s number though. She definitely timed the visit. Her whole life is setting up scenes and reciting dialogue. I’d believe she had someone against the wall being yelled at & threatened for the lawsuit coming out on camera. Maybe not ‘shoved’ but crazy eyed and ganged up on with her husband? Definitely.

Heathers go to tell is to repeat the accusation as a question. “You did X!” “What? I did X?”  Followed by accusing the accuser of being  mentally unstable.

Gina seemed really annoyed at having to corral Drunk Emily. Must happen a lot. Emily’s ok though, just too screechy. 
Noella’s kind of gross. I’m old I guess, hate all the sex and vagina talk. Not clever. lol’d at Emily’s red vagina aura though.

Edited by Pi237
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

We finally get someone who isn’t impressed by or afraid of Heather(‘s money) & shes a flake who can’t keep her stories straight. Sigh. Loving that she’s got Heather’s number though. She definitely timed the visit. Her whole life is setting up scenes and reciting dialogue. I’d believe she had someone against the wall being yelled at & threatened for the lawsuit coming out on camera. Maybe not ‘shoved’ but crazy eyed and ganged up on with her husband? Definitely.

Heathers go to tell is to repeat the accusation as a question. “You did X!” “What? I did X?”  Followed by accusing the accuser of being  mentally unstable.

Gina seemed really annoyed at having to corral Drunk Emily. Must happen a lot. Emily’s ok though, just too screechy. 
Noella’s kind of gross. I’m old I guess, hate all the sex and vagina talk. Not clever. lol’d at Emily’s red vagina aura though.

But that is kind of a significant difference. Sure, I can believe that Heather was yelling at production about this and that's unpleasant and not a nice way to treat people. But that's different from a physical altercation and no one should make that accusation lightly. Noella loses a lot of credibility with me for doing so. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought they were talking about her actual ass because her dress was as usual too short...sigh, back ass is a thing now.

She needs to wear A - line dresses not body con. And also Emily should invest in some shape wear and so does Gina.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What grown up mature man decides to change his name, it's not like the world was having a hard time pronouncing, "Ryan."

I love that the buzz of the party was how to pronounce, "Ryne." 

Between the stupid name change and his shirtlessness I have decided there is not enough vodka in Russia for me to want to bed down with that man, also his mouth, ick.

His mouthhhhh! When he was standing with the group at Heather's party, his mouth was hanging open, and I 🤮 🤢 🤮 He seems like a dimwit as well, and it's funny to me that Jen always seems irritated by him. 

BlueHawk, your daughter is spot on! Lol that was really cute. I thought Emily had a big surgical scar on her spine, and paused to see if that's what was making it look like a butt, but nope! It's just back fat. (I have back fat, too, but I definitely won't frame it in a cutout dress like that)

Still liking Noella, mostly because she's messy and gives zero effs, which makes Heather seem like she's got more than one stick up her keister. I like her voice, too. I wonder if she changed her story in her TH's (about the shoving at the party) because she got a cease and desist from the DuBrows? They've done that before, with Kelly.

Since Noella and Nicole came into this show as friends, it sounded like Nicole had bent Noella's ear about her past history with the good doctor, yet after the "confrontation" at the party, and a later phone call from Heather, she refused to talk about it any more. Makes me wonder if Heather threatened Nicole as well, like she did Shannon. (Interesting that Nicole seems to be distancing herself from Noella now.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Small props to Heather. She was the only one to not wear a ton of makeup into the sauna, and she was also great dragging Ryne (more on him in a sec). But huge demerits for timing the meeting with Noella to make sure she witnessed her infomercial, and for using her podcast/shrine as the "only private spot" in her museum.

Small props to Noella. She didn't fall for Heather's setup at all. But huge demerits for inventing the story about Heather pushing someone against the wall and changing the story three times within a minute. First she witnessed it, then she heard it, then she heard something and asked somebody who told her, then we see that she asked somebody who looked at her and said nothing. Someone give this girl a glass of lemonade, cause she thirsty.

I see now why Braunwyn was so drawn to Jen and Noella. Their love lives are even messier than hers was. Noella's drama, but then Jen's story is sketchy too. She got sued by her ex husband within days of marrying Ryan/Ryne. She left him because he had another family. But then the headline we saw said something like "millionaire sues cheating ex." Then at the beginning of the season Jen told the story of how she and Ryan/Ryne met at a buffet but both had SO's at the time. Now it sounds like she was into him from the beginning and eventually wore him down. So did she break up his previous relationship? No wonder B was drawn to these messes.

Oh man. Ryne. So HE made the decision to change his spelling and the pronunciation, which his wife disregards. And per the sauna conversation, he doesn't have a job? So what are these "business trips" he goes on? I could have used more time on Heather and Emily ragging on him. What a tool.

Shannon's twenty neuroses usually bug the crap out of me, but I feel for her when it comes to Sophie. Oof. First relationship, of two four months, and she's already talking about marriage. Girl, no! And Shannon probably has to tread carefully, because Sophie could rebel and elope. I hope the cycle doesn't continue with the girls, but it's not looking encouraging so far.

I will say this about RHOC this season vs. the OGs. The kids are A LOT better than the brats from the early seasons. For all of Terry's and Heather's ridiculousness, all of the kids seem well-adjusted and not spoiled. Same for Shannon's girls, naive as they are.

LOL at Shane pretending to be interested in all of the "ok which girls are we supposed to be hating on" drama.

Not once have I or any of my friends have announced that we masturbated the night before...why is that the go to edgy/daring conversation with these women?

Because Noella is thirsty for camera time.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 13

Is it me or does Heather's face always look dirty, particularly in her confessionals?  I see dirty and greasy eyeballs most of the time.  Other HWs tend to just look like the makeup is loaded heavy, but Heather always looks dirty to me.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Shane gets annoyed at Emily when ever she says anything, he is so checked out from their relationship it is hard to watch, it is like David was when he and Shannon were married.  

Ryne, oh dear lord.  What was his profession before he did not have a profession?

Heather said that she and Terry had bought property in Vale or some such ski town but there are not enough people to build...meaning there have not been enough lots sold to start building I am sure is what she meant so now they are looking at Cabo? So did they get their money back from the lot they bought?  Now they are looking at Cabo? Isn't that where Vicki has her condo?  I am surprised Heather had not picked a ritzier resort town in Mexico, Cabo is so common I doubt anyone even has a porte cochere.  

I thought when a HW signs on to this show there is a rule that they cannot sue each other but they can serve a cease and desist to another HW? 

32 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

His mouthhhhh! When he was standing with the group at Heather's party, his mouth was hanging open, and I 🤮 🤢 🤮 He seems like a dimwit as well, and it's funny to me that Jen always seems irritated by him. 

I KNOW!!!  So bad!

I will be in Nashville in February, I put Mere Bulles on my restaurant list.

19 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Is it me or does Heather's face always look dirty, particularly in her confessionals?  I see dirty and greasy eyeballs most of the time.  Other HWs tend to just look like the makeup is loaded heavy, but Heather always looks dirty to me.  

She is dirty on the inside.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, dmeets said:

I see now why Braunwyn was so drawn to Jen and Noella. Their love lives are even messier than hers was. Noella's drama, but then Jen's story is sketchy too. She got sued by her ex husband within days of marrying Ryan/Ryne. She left him because he had another family. But then the headline we saw said something like "millionaire sues cheating ex." Then at the beginning of the season Jen told the story of how she and Ryan/Ryne met at a buffet but both had SO's at the time. Now it sounds like she was into him from the beginning and eventually wore him down. So did she break up his previous relationship? No wonder B was drawn to these messes.

I was completely confused by Jen's story about being sued by the ex, and why that means that Ryne was a stay-at-home dad and she was shouldering the burden of supporting the family. I mean, don't get me wrong, if her working and him being stay-at-home works for them, then I have no problem with it. I just don't understand how being sued by her ex was the catalyst for that decision and she didn't explain it very well. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Since Noella and Nicole came into this show as friends, it sounded like Nicole had bent Noella's ear about her past history with the good doctor, yet after the "confrontation" at the party, and a later phone call from Heather, she refused to talk about it any more. Makes me wonder if Heather threatened Nicole as well, like she did Shannon. (Interesting that Nicole seems to be distancing herself from Noella now.)

Eh, I think we've already seen that Noella likes to shade her discussions to insinuate things that don't turn out to be true. I keep going back to the way she was trying to draw Shannon into badmouthing Heather, after Shannon made it clear that she doesn't want to do anything else to jeopardize her relationship with Heather. (Rightly or wrongly). 

I think Noella wanted to leave the impression that Nicole had talked to her about the lawsuit and that suddenly, that "changed" because of Heather.  But I keep coming back to the idea that Nicole wasn't the one who brought up the lawsuit in the first place; so it seems pretty unlikely to me that Nicole was talking to Noella about it. And Noella didn't flat out say that Nicole had talked to her about the lawsuit, she just insinuated that Nicole had. My guess is that Noella was mad that Nicole wouldn't actually spill the beans AFTER Heather confronted her and that's why Noella was making it seem like Nicole had suddenly changed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Slack Jawed Mouth Breather

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Apparently Noella deliberately  went to Heather’s house when she knew she would be filming and then tried to make Heather look bad. The messages Heather shared are a bit confusing but she then tried to clear it up. Emily commented on the post and said she couldn’t wait for the reunion.

023BA9F7-9A0B-4C79-89E5-24F187642F2F.thumb.jpeg.c62b52cefd5a89688a0c8a200d695de1.jpegBAAC1E4D-5093-41C4-AF2E-884AE46B5A0C.thumb.jpeg.968d449841be35cd85557e23172c5ee4.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
21 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Ugh, I'm over The Dubrow Show that has apparently replaced RHOOC.    I did laugh when I saw Terry's arm move during Heather's infomercial because up until that point I thought he was a cardboard cutout.   Other than that, nope. 

I totally did too!  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mar said:

Apparently Noella deliberately  went to Heather’s house when she knew she would be filming and then tried to make Heather look bad. The messages Heather shared are a bit confusing but she then tried to clear it up. Emily commented on the post and said she couldn’t wait for the reunion.BAAC1E4D-5093-41C4-AF2E-884AE46B5A0C.thumb.jpeg.968d449841be35cd85557e23172c5ee4.jpeg

On WWHL last night, Emily indicated that she had lost trust in Noella. She said something to the effect that as she learned more about Noella, she thought that Gina was right to question some things about her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Maybe I'm crazy but I enjoyed Emily this episode. From her pulling out the sandwich in the sauna, to making fun of Ryne/Ryan's name, her hot vagina, to saying she's 45 and she just wants to sleep and watch Netflix and then of course, grabbing Nicole's purse phone and talking into. 

What the hell is James doing in Mykonos and why is Noella telling her random driver that she was checking his credit card?

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Eh, I think we've already seen that Noella likes to shade her discussions to insinuate things that don't turn out to be true. I keep going back to the way she was trying to draw Shannon into badmouthing Heather, after Shannon made it clear that she doesn't want to do anything else to jeopardize her relationship with Heather. (Rightly or wrongly). 

I think Noella wanted to leave the impression that Nicole had talked to her about the lawsuit and that suddenly, that "changed" because of Heather.  But I keep coming back to the idea that Nicole wasn't the one who brought up the lawsuit in the first place; so it seems pretty unlikely to me that Nicole was talking to Noella about it. And Noella didn't flat out say that Nicole had talked to her about the lawsuit, she just insinuated that Nicole had. My guess is that Noella was mad that Nicole wouldn't actually spill the beans AFTER Heather confronted her and that's why Noella was making it seem like Nicole had suddenly changed. 

I can see this, and your earlier post about Noella having an unrelated beef with a few of the others is a great point.

I think I am just irritated by Heather and her haughtiness and superiority this season, so am wishing for her to get something served to her, besides the plate of ass-kisses with the side of kowtowing! I (mostly) liked her last time she was on, so don't grok what is so different.

1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Slack Jawed Mouth Breather

🤣 He looks like someone asked him to solve for X, or why he changed his name from Ryan to Ryne.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I can see this, and your earlier post about Noella having an unrelated beef with a few of the others is a great point.

I think I am just irritated by Heather and her haughtiness and superiority this season, so am wishing for her to get something served to her, besides the plate of ass-kisses with the side of kowtowing! I (mostly) liked her last time she was on, so don't grok what is so different.

I can understand being irritated with Heather. And I think that it's weird to see both Shannon and Nicole be so afraid of her, like, really? I actually have mostly liked Heather in her past seasons but she's not Don Corleone, you shouldn't cower in fear at her because she's mad at you.

But Noella clearly has some real issues here. And when someone with those kind of issues comes from someone like Heather, they usually end up doing more damage than good. In other words, if someone unreliable tries to take the head of the queen, they usually miss because they are unreliable. And I think that is probably going to be what ends up happening with Noella here. 

• Love 6

I need to know more about Jen’s ex, unattractive billionaire who she fell in love with for his personality.  And what he sued her for.  And, also, she fell in love with Ryan at first sight, after meeting at a breakfast buffet?

I enjoyed Heather previously but not this season.  Maybe because there’s no one trying to take her down a notch or two?  Aside from Noelle, of course.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Max seems like a really great kid and good for her on writing her book (well co-writing).  That said, I feel certain that without the Dubrow name, this book wouldn't be happening.

Ya think??? I have journals from when I was 17 and they are probably as well written as her book is, maybe even better...I never thought about getting them published though. I think Terry and Heather talked her into it and got their agent to find a publisher. I suspect there is some element of competitiveness with Shannon coming from Heather's end. Shannon's daughter was writing a book about divorce and children so Heather had to get her daughter a book deal. The book launch party was so over the top and just offensive. Looked like a super spreader event to me with tons of Heather and Terry's friends...🤮

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Mar said:

Apparently Noella deliberately  went to Heather’s house when she knew she would be filming and then tried to make Heather look bad. The messages Heather shared are a bit confusing but she then tried to clear it up. Emily commented on the post and said she couldn’t wait for the reunion.

023BA9F7-9A0B-4C79-89E5-24F187642F2F.thumb.jpeg.c62b52cefd5a89688a0c8a200d695de1.jpegBAAC1E4D-5093-41C4-AF2E-884AE46B5A0C.thumb.jpeg.968d449841be35cd85557e23172c5ee4.jpeg

Can I just say that shilling their "products" on SHOP HQ is really tacky and gross for a reputable cosmetic surgeon. He should be laughed out of the business for making this kind of money grab...disgusting.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Ryhhnnn's body's no Hemsworth by any means, but seeing him up close at the book party made it clearer why he allegedly always goes shirtless. It distracts from the face.

So true.

Butterface for a guy does not make sense, Butthisface, it just does not work.

• LOL 5

Add me to the list of people who though Terry was a cardboard cutout when Heather was gabbing away at the camera!  I was so confused why she'd have a cutout of him behind her, and then he moved.  😆

Max reminds me of NY's Luann's daughter Victoria.

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I lol'd when she told Shane her dress was too tight and he asked her why she wore it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Nicmar said:

She needs to wear A - line dresses not body con. And also Emily should invest in some shape wear and so does Gina.

Gina needs to wear a brace or take some dance classes or something.  Anything to correct her poor posture.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dmeets said:

Ryhhnnn's body's no Hemsworth by any means, but seeing him up close at the book party made it clearer why he allegedly always goes shirtless. It distracts from the face.

For SoCal he’s definitely not a 10…maybe a 2 or 3.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1