Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Straight Questions, Straight-ish Answers

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers are allowed in the episode threads; this includes suggesting that people go to other threads to read spoilers.  An exception is being made for discussions of the book reviews since the book party was included in the episode and looking for it will bring up the reviews. 

• Start Topic

No to be repetitive but I also thought that it was a cardboard cutout of Terry propped up in the room with Heather. I was shocked when he moved. Maybe he is as afraid of her as the others on the show and she told him to be quiet and not to move. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I enjoyed Emily this episode. From her pulling out the sandwich in the sauna, to making fun of Ryne/Ryan's name, her hot vagina, to saying she's 45 and she just wants to sleep and watch Netflix and then of course, grabbing Nicole's purse phone and talking into. 

What the hell is James doing in Mykonos and why is Noella telling her random driver that she was checking his credit card?

Of this group of ho-wives, Emily won the poll for who would be the most fun drunk.  I agree but up to a point. 

And Noella wasn't telling her driver as much as she was telling us.  🙄

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I was actually thinking Emily is wearing too tight shapewear and that is what causes the back ass cleavage.

Too tight something but good grief the woman needs to go up a size!

It's been a long time since I went anywere where I would wear a swanky backless dress but the next time I do, that's going to be the first thing I check. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

The book launch party was so over the top and just offensive. Looked like a super spreader event to me with tons of Heather and Terry's friends...🤮

The Dubrows are horrible hosts.  They yell at their guests regularly (remember the cake bow, lol) they throw people out, they fail to feed people that were invited to dinner etc.  They are the opposite of gracious.  You would really have to pay me the big bucks to attend one their "parties" or even really to tour the conference center/house they live in.

Heather even invited Noella over and then made her go into the windowless shrine so she could chew her out.  Of course it was mostly so the Bravo cameras could capture her stupid infomercial and her wall of tabloid clippings featuring herself. 

• Love 23
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Heather said that she and Terry had bought property in Vale or some such ski town but there are not enough people to build...meaning there have not been enough lots sold to start building I am sure is what she meant so now they are looking at Cabo? So did they get their money back from the lot they bought?  Now they are looking at Cabo? Isn't that where Vicki has her condo?  I am surprised Heather had not picked a ritzier resort town in Mexico, Cabo is so common I doubt anyone even has a porte cochere.  

I think it was Wyoming and knowing the Dubrows, it's not just a builder grade lot in a subdivision. They likely own a few acres and are struggling to find a builder. Construction is crazy backed up with supply chain issues, material price increases, etc. especially in that area (& the Dakotas) I don't think there's any urgency on their end financially to sell the land, they'll like hold it and build later. 

It was interesting that they pivoted from Wyoming to Cabo but Cabo definitely has some wealth. Again, they're likely not buying a standard lot/house.  Knowing them, it'll be 100% custom on an oceanfront plot. 

Oh, and Vicki's in Puerta Vallarta...near Andale's!

Emily was getting a bit sloppy, good on Gina to suggest an exit. Of this group, they're the only true friends. Emily looked great on WWHL but all of her looks this season have been a miss. Too short, too tight.  I'm uncomfortable looking at her.

Noella is interesting, I'll give her that. Definitely trying to hard though to create drama. She's a longtime housewives fan for sure.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, snarts said:

Oh, and Vicki's in Puerta Vallarta...near Andale's!

The good ol' days at Andale's!  Can you imagine anyone of these hos (well, except maybe Emily) dancing on the bar?  Or even having fun?  So far, not really.  

• Love 5

"Heather said that she and Terry had bought property in Vale or some such ski town but there are not enough people to build...meaning there have not been enough lots sold to start building I am sure is what she meant so now they are looking at Cabo? "

No, unfortunately it's Idaho.  I remember the 1st episode when Heather was talking to her kids in the kitchen and mentioned the trip to Idaho and "wouldn't they like a place there".  Then, I think it was the previous episode when she went in to talk with her son he was wearing a Coeur d'Alene sweatshirt.  Coeur d'Alene is a gorgeous lake town in north Idaho.  This episode she once again mentioned Idaho.  I am very sensitive to this because I live in Idaho and PLEASE - rich southern Californians - stop coming to Idaho and driving up our prices!  I am very curious about where they bought property that can't be built upon????

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, snarts said:

Noella is interesting, I'll give her that. Definitely trying to hard though to create drama. She's a longtime housewives fan for sure.

I think she will be OC version of Sonja Jr. in the self inflicted drama, drinking and bad decision department.

Thank you for getting me straight on the geography for the Dubrow's, real estate endeavors, I didn't want to get on Heather's shit list by suggesting she was building a house in Vale, I don't want to be threatened like she threatened Shannon, losing Heather's friendship would be too painful, lol. 

• LOL 20
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

No to be repetitive but I also thought that it was a cardboard cutout of Terry propped up in the room with Heather. I was shocked when he moved. Maybe he is as afraid of her as the others on the show and she told him to be quiet and not to move. 

It shows how interesting the episode was when we are all focused on and discussing "cardboard Terry".  I also thought he was a cutout.

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she will be OC version of Sonja Jr. in the self inflicted drama, drinking and bad decision department.

Thank you for getting me straight on the geography for the Dubrow's, real estate endeavors, I didn't want to get on Heather's shit list by suggesting she was building a house in Vale, I don't want to be threatened like she threatened Shannon, losing Heather's friendship would be too painful, lol. 

Girl..... You are pushing it!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

It seems that the show has become the Heather Dubrow & Friends show.  Her story lines seem to be an infomercial for various Dubrow business ventures.

I was happy to see Archie. Shannon's daughters are well behaved. I found it funny when Stella was rolling her eyes at her oldest sister.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

@Baltimore Betty! I screenshot this just for you! 😉 Who eats like that??? Why is he sticking his tongue out so far?

881C9CF8-11F3-443A-9DD7-B0174057FD2A.jpeg

We had a rabbit who had a mouth just like this guy Rynes, pink tongue and all.  His name was Jeepers.  Too bad he wasn't a cool bunny from the OC, he could have changed it to something smooth like Jerps. 

• LOL 22
  • Love 1

I had to laugh at Heather's assertion that she and Max needed to do things like have their chakras read in order to bond. So, so important instructs pretentious Heather. Imagine all of us who were able to bond with our mothers and daughters without such trips. Sheesh.

So this episode was filmed in September, but Max's book was not published until November. So did the Dubrows need to throw a launch party two months early because maybe filming would stop before they could give some free publicity to the book? Out of interest I checked out reviews on Goodreads. It received 5 stars by one person in September (two months before it was actually released - Heather?), and three one star reviews since it launched in early November.  I hope the Dubrows have prepared Max for the fact that most 17 year olds are likely not going to be publishing successes, no matter what the subject. 

So Heather has a huge house, but her sanctuary/shrine is a tiny, windowless, dark and drab room? Pretty much all of my house is my sanctuary, I am not relegated to a tiny area to call my own.  And Heather has nowhere else to film but in her kitchen? Seriously? It isn't like she was cooking. And Terry had to be there in the background? He really is hard to look at - he gets more unattractive every year it seems. But then, so does Heather. They really are well suited to each other. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

People keeping telling Gina not to trust Heather, but has anyone stopped to think maybe Gina shouldn't be trusted?  She certainly doesn't show good judgment (i.e. DUI, etc)

She is a blabbermouth.

I still say Heather is pulling a LVP/Brandi friendship because Heather knows that Gina will do her dirty work.

10 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

@Baltimore Betty! I screenshot this just for you! 😉 Who eats like that??? Why is he sticking his tongue out so far?

881C9CF8-11F3-443A-9DD7-B0174057FD2A.jpeg

@WhatAmIWatching...I am not sure if I Iove you or hate you right now. LOL!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Did an honest to goodness publishing company publish Max's book or was it self published? When Heather gave her speech about how wonderful the book was she said something like Max had something special to share.  I'm wondering just how special  a message does this privileged 17 year old girl have to co- author a book?  Max seems like a nice kid but no way do I want to read a book about how tough this young girl had it in the past year. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Did an honest to goodness publishing company publish Max's book or was it self published? When Heather gave her speech about how wonderful the book was she said something like Max had something special to share.  I'm wondering just how special  a message does this privileged 17 year old girl have to co- author a book?  Max seems like a nice kid but no way do I want to read a book about how tough this young girl had it in the past year. 

I wondered if it was self published as well which is why I checked Goodreads. Interesting, as Goodreads lists the publisher as Flashpoint Books, but when I googled that I got a comic book series.  However elsewhere I saw it was published by Girl Friday Productions. Guess who the one 5 star rating was given by? Girl Friday Productions (which apparently is out of Seattle).  It does seem rather unethical for a publisher to rate its own book on a book rating site. Not to mention hide the fact that it is actually the publisher. Oddly enough, since I posted on here last night there are now 5 one star ratings, and a 4 star rating (on top of the 5 star one its own publisher gave it). So due it part to its own publisher rating it, the book sits at an overall rating of two stars out of five. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5

Heather seems to get along best with people she feels superior to. It's why she got along swimmingly with Tamra. So it's not at all shocking to me that she "bonded" with Gina. TBH their friendship doesn't bother me at all, so long as Gina doesn't turn on her actual friend Emily like she did when she was adopted by the Amigas. I never bought her friendship with Shannon (or any of Shannon's friendships throughout her history on the show for that matter).

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 13
On 1/13/2022 at 7:08 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Noella loses me as some kind of hero standing up to Heather when she makes things up and also doesn't stand by her statements. The idea that Heather "pushed" someone into a wall was kind of ridiculous on its face. If Noella had said, "I just thought the way you acted at your party was bad" or something, then okay. But making hyperbolic claims about Heather's actions doesn't inspire confidence in me.

I think that the fact that Noella has issues with Heather, Nicole, and Jen says something about her and not the other women - she's the common denominator.  Now, I definitely think there are things to criticize about Heather, Nicole, and Jen. But Noella's criticisms strike me as pretty weak and she looks like someone who is spoiling for a fight to make sure she gets her screen time. 

ETA: Her arguments about Nicole don't even make any sense to me. Nicole wasn't the one who brought up the law suit in the first place.  So Noella's argument that Nicole had "changed" because she didn't want to talk about the law suit after Nicole had her discussion with Heather are nonsensical. Nicole didn't want to talk about the law suit with anyone, it seems, and that only got reinforced with her discussion with Heather and Terry. 

This. Noella appears to be incredibly thirsty herself and more than a little crazy. She is no hero and, honestly, I think I looked as incredous as Heather when Noella made her ridiculous accusation about Heather shoving someone against the wall. Heather may be a lot of things, but she isn't stupid enough to physically assault someone. All of these women should be very wary of her. That doesn't mean I think they are great themselves, but accusations like that should scare everyone. It also makes me more convinced than I already was that she is lying, or omitting some very important stuff, in her accusations against her husband.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 11

I have liked Noella, but I do find it really weird that she would make up a lie and tell that lie directly to Heather, about Heather.  Gusty?  Stupid?  I'm really not sure.  Since I don't believe she just made up a lie out of thin air, there probably was a scuffle of some sort, but she really didn't have her facts straight and should have left it alone.  Anyway, it got her exempted from the next trip, because it's Heather's world and we are all lucky to be in it. 

I am about sick of Heather and her dictatorial attitude.  I read (but did not attempt to confirm because I don't care that much) that the OC ratings are down.  I really hope so, since Heather wants to take all the credit for good ratings, let's see how much she toots her own horn when the ratings dive.  

I also think Bravo should put a clause in their contracts that everybody goes on the "girl's trips" (that Bravo pays for) regardless of whether you are getting along or not.  Why should one person have that kind of power?  Besides, wouldn't that be when the real firecrackers go off? 

Edited by Shannah Banana
Addendum
  • Love 12
On 1/13/2022 at 2:48 PM, AryasMum said:

Dr Jen looked like a fuller faced Brandi Glanville with her hair pulled up in the sauna. 

I'm not sure if it is because she's smaller in stature than the other HWs or the clothes she wears or whatever, but there is something disproportionate about her body and head.  She seems top heavy and not just because of her large chest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I also think Bravo should put a clause in their contracts that everybody goes on the "girl's trips" (that Bravo pays for) regardless of whether you are getting along or not.  Why should one person have that kind of power?  Besides, wouldn't that be when the real firecrackers go off? 

They need to manufacture more drama.  Heather is planning a girls trip, but purposely leaves out one of the girls.  What in the world would ever come of her doing something like this?  Fast forward....we see shot of Noella coming to crash the party.  Again, what could possibly come of this????  Never mind that Bravo, and not Heather, is paying for this trip; she gets to pretend she is footing the bill and providing the plane ("my plane" LOL), so she gets to call the shots.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So Heather has a huge house, but her sanctuary/shrine is a tiny, windowless, dark and drab room? Pretty much all of my house is my sanctuary, I am not relegated to a tiny area to call my own. 

Sure, but do you plaster the walls with pictures of yourself and tabloid articles like some serial killer stalker?  I'm thinking the fam decided she had to limit that shit to one room.  😳

5 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Two words:  Scary Island 😁

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Nobody does but her parents, grandparents, various relatives..... and GINA!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

She’s [Heather] a control freak who’s super paranoid about her image yet she’s far from a fan favorite now. 

Exactly.  She desperately wants to be famous but doesn't really do anything entertaining.  She isn't  fun and seems to only enjoy bullying the other ho-wives.    The old crew may or may not have been basically decent people but they knew how to have fun and mostly always entertained me - usually just by being their ridiculous selves. 

• Love 11

Once again, I'm in the middle of watching the episode and haven't read your comments yet. But I want to say I'm from Finland and sauna is a big deal over here! And no, we don't eat in the sauna BUT I would eat an entire buffet spread in one just to annoy Heather. Go on, Emily, enjoy that turkey sandwich babe! 😈

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
On 1/13/2022 at 5:25 AM, Cheezwiz said:

Heh. I called it in a previous thread! Shirtless "Ryne" modified his own name to sound cool. And everyone on the show is equally confused as the viewing audience. 

😅 Well done! I was stupid or naive enough to give him the benefit of doubt. But you called it! 😎👍

On 1/13/2022 at 10:03 PM, MaggieG said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I enjoyed Emily this episode. From her pulling out the sandwich in the sauna, to making fun of Ryne/Ryan's name, her hot vagina, to saying she's 45 and she just wants to sleep and watch Netflix and then of course, grabbing Nicole's purse phone and talking into.

I enjoyed Emily, too! I think she's fun 😊 The hot vagina was so funny 😄 And if she lived in Finland like me, no one would bat an eye at her drunken state and no Gina would be clapping at her face to get her to go home: we get way more drunk than Emily! (I don't know if it's a good thing or not 😅 I know Shane would get mightily annoyed!!) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 1/15/2022 at 1:08 AM, Kiss my mutt said:

Heather probably had all this outlined in her contract as a condition for returning to the show. She’s a control freak who’s super paranoid about her image yet she’s far from a fan favorite now. 

I used to like Heather but I dunno what happened to her, she actually used to be funny. Now she’s just mean and a bully, I’m also not sure what her problem is with Shannon exactly? If anything she should have a problem with Nicole who she’s been friends with for over 6 years yet never thought to tell her in that time she sued her husband? So weird. And the way Heather and Terry just forgave Nicole but Shannon she decided to go all godfather on her, something odd is up with Heather. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

I used to like Heather but I dunno what happened to her, she actually used to be funny. Now she’s just mean and a bully, I’m also not sure what her problem is with Shannon exactly? If anything she should have a problem with Nicole who she’s been friends with for over 6 years yet never thought to tell her in that time she sued her husband? So weird. And the way Heather and Terry just forgave Nicole but Shannon she decided to go all godfather on her, something odd is up with Heather. 

I am genuinely trying to remember when Heather was funny

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Before I saw the back and bottom (or lack of) of Emily’s dress, I thought she looked really cute.

Gina’s vest wasn’t a good look. 

I’m glad Gina knew it was time to get Emily out of there because I also have friends who can turn a corner quickly and it’s not pretty. Emily was cracking me up, though. I used to hate Shane but now I’m amused by him.

Ryne - what redeeming qualities does he have? How does a smart, successful, attractive woman end up with an unemployed weirdo?

Noella has her moments but I mostly don’t care for her. Same goes for Nicole. 

Yep - I thought that was a cardboard Terry! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I am genuinely trying to remember when Heather was funny

I don’t think she was intentionally trying to be funny she used to make me laugh with her “fancy pants” persona, which I had assumed she was overplaying, apparently not. Also the way she would walk into a room and be judging the housewives like she was a viewer and not actually on the show would crack me up. 

• Love 3

I don't like Noella either. There is something very off about her. She seems drugged out, crazy or a combination of both. Was she chosen to be the new villain now that Kelly's gone (thank goodness)?

Not enjoying this season so far. There's nobody to root for. 

I am not much of a fan of Heather's, but she looks pretty good in her confessionals where she's wearing the burgundy sweater and has her hair in beachy waves. Anything is better than those awful ponytails that age her about 20 years. It makes my head hurt just looking at her. 

• Love 3

Heather sure knows how to take advantage of an opportunity by having Max’s book featured predominantly on the season. She just can’t stop selling! Poor Sophie, her book idea about divorce never got off the ground, a fact that makes Shannon feel inferior (not that it should).

Sophie is headed for heartbreak although Christian colleges are notorious for having early bird marriages so sex is ordained, so she may get her wish (not that she should).

• Love 7
On 1/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Shane gets annoyed at Emily when ever she says anything, he is so checked out from their relationship it is hard to watch, it is like David was when he and Shannon were married.  

Shane sure does seem checked out - and, after that footage of drunk Emily screaming for Gina because she has decided Jen is a liar, I can see why.

• Love 3

What is Emily’a storyline? She eats food? She used to have issues in her marriage?

Noella is …. a LOT… and I find her so annoying. But if she’s she’s going to provide a respite in the Heather Dubrow Ass-Kissing Parade then perhaps she is a necessary evil? Hmm, time will tell. 

• Love 5