Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

On 11/9/2019 at 10:48 PM, GaT said:

My favorite part:

That's because $890 million is less than a billion you idiot.

And also, a “receipt” for 890 million from... where??

Maybe Target?  I always spend too much there too.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, GaT said:

Kanye West's New Eco-Friendly Yeezy Runners Are Made from Algae

And I thought those ugly ass shoes couldn't get any more ugly ass, LOL

Oh dear god!

• LOL 10
On 11/12/2019 at 10:03 PM, heatherchandler said:

And also, a “receipt” for 890 million from... where??

Maybe Target?  I always spend too much there too.

I know, right? You go in there to pick up one or two things, and next thing you know . .  $890M. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I can believe that his company has made that much, in a year.  I mean, I don't understand it, but I believe it.  But that doesn't mean that is what he is worth.  Are these Forbes articles talking about net or gross??  Just like Kylie, the company they own can make a billion dollars, but that doesn't make them a billionaire.  

• Love 5

Kanye West Says Prison Reform Is His Next Focus at Osteen's Church

He also discussed his 2016 mental breakdown, and how after that ... he felt he needed to move away from most of the people in his inner circle because they weren't real Christians, and were simply yes men who were beholden to the almighty dollar.

Speaking of that, Kanye also pumped himself up a bit by saying that he was the greatest artist that God ever created ... and now, he was working for the man upstairs again -- instead of working for the devil, which he believes most of his contemporaries are doing now.

So, everybody else is working for the devil, hmmm, sounds sane to me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

A cult?

12 hours ago, GaT said:

That's kind of what I'm thinking. He's going to build some kind of compound for his preaching.

3 hours ago, suomi said:

Yikes, this is starting to sound a little bit Jonestown-ish. More than a little bit.

Ditto.

• Love 4

That’s a lot of money spent in just a couple years. I can’t believe Kim (and Kris who is a very savvy business woman) arent t freaking out. I just get the feeling the men in the white coats are on speed dial. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

And Wyoming is already pissed. 

Between this and the outfits, I'm leaning towards cult too. 

He built all those dome houses in Calabasas without the correct permits, & now he's doing the same thing in Wyoming. He really thinks he's got some special mandate from God, & can just do what he wants.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, GaT said:

He really thinks he's got some special mandate from God, & can just do what he wants.

I have no idea about the current state of his mental health, but if he is experiencing symptoms of psychosis and/or mania, those can result in the types of religiosity he seems to be showing more and more. 

Our society often tends to associate those behaviors with the mentally ill homeless people who are shouting about the apocalypse, or being a messenger of God, but folks in any socioeconomic group will exhibit the same behaviors and changes in thinking --- its just that the middle-class and wealthy tend to have family and financial resources that the homeless folks don't ... so their symptoms of psychosis and mania are better kept from the public eye. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Mark my words - the FBI will be raiding this place in about 25 years or so.

You’re giving him way longer than I am. I give him about a year before Kim has had enough and then it will all come crashing down.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Maybe he can do a screen test for the “Tin Man” and Kim can try out for “Dorothy”.

The kids can be munchkins, & Kourtney can be the wicked witch of the west.

• LOL 3
16 minutes ago, GaT said:

The kids can be munchkins, & Kourtney can be the wicked witch of the west.

That’s Khlo-monies role. Kourtney can pass as Glenda the Good Witch. That role is too much of a stretch for Khloe. 

• LOL 3
30 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

What???  Travis brings in that much money?  He has that many fans? 

9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I know, right? I don’t even think I have ever heard his “music.”

His music isn't horrible.  I like some of his singles, I probably  wouldn't  buy the album though. And I bet the earnings are mostly from his tour sales followed by any endorsements he's done.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

His music isn't horrible.  I like some of his singles, I probably  wouldn't  buy the album though. And I bet the earnings are mostly from his tour sales followed by any endorsements he's done.

Kris’s legal team must be delighted by this article, because I highly doubt she advised Kylie to forfeit child support.

• Love 3

Travis' song Sicko Mode was a pretty massive hit last year that went to #1 on the overall Billboard chart and not just rap. I would always hear it on the radio and I didn't even know it was Travis until Kylie played the song in one of her videos where Stormi was watching Travis perform.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I really thought this was a satire piece until I saw it really is from GQ 😂

Why Kanye West Is the Most Stylish Man of the Decade

This reads as if the author is just a Kanye fan and likes what he wears. Its an opinion piece, nothing more, and the author is certainly not a fashion industry expert (for whatever that is worth), nor does he work in the field, and from what I can tell, he never has. 

It doesn't go into any reasons why the fashion is so beyond anything else. No comparisons, no insights as to why, although the sweatshirt might seem simplistic or basic, its fashion forward because ________. No comparisons to other designer's work or explanations of how Kanye's stuff varies from actual designers, etc. 

Really, all it says about Kanye's fashion is essentially, "when he wore X, I knew I had to have it."

That doesn't mean Kanye is stylish, it just means the author has really bad taste in clothes. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

A couple of comments above this, I said that I thought Kanye dressed in the green sweatshirt & long coat looked like something out of Star Wars. I just saw this on Reddit, Level 1 RPG character:

EVwOnUAln_H38EcLTSiN-mna4bhLVr41iynCqHK3

• LOL 8

Well the thing is supposedly the numbers were checked out so I guess its legit. Forbes initially refused to call him a billionaire the last two times they wrote about his earnings. Kanye bitched about it showing bank receipts and Forbes said "insufficient documents". Now bank records were reviewed by Bloomberg News and Forbes, again and they check out. A Bank of America rep vouched for authenticity as well FWIW. Heres the Forbes article explaining the numbers in detail

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2020/04/24/kanye-west-is-now-officially-a-billionaireand-he-really-wants-the-world-to-know/

So he's a billionaire, now what?   Does he really think people will take him seriously because of that?   Does he think he won't be seen as just that singer?  The people he craves acceptance from will never see him as the awesome person he thinks he is.    Just like Jay-Z trying to get taken seriously by the NFL.   They will use him while laughing at him behind his back.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3