Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, suomi said:

New album not released this morning as promised. Hype and tweets followed by crickets. 

The past couple of times he released a new album he had a manic episode. Somebody on his team must have noticed by now. Kanye can't deal with the stress,

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GaT said:

The past couple of times he released a new album he had a manic episode. Somebody on his team must have noticed by now. Kanye can't deal with the stress,

The stress, and also the exhilaration that comes with long hours of making music.

• Love 2

Kanye West Apologizes to Wife Kim Kardashian Over Hurtful Comment

Ye took to Twitter Saturday with the apology, writing ... " I would like to apologize to my wife Kim for going public with something that was a private matter."

He continued, "I did not cover her like she has covered me. To Kim I want to say I know I hurt you. Please forgive me. Thank you for always being there for me."

No idea which statement he's apologizing for, since he's apparently only apologizing for one.

51 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I think he's apologizing for the abortion comment.

Kanye was spotted going into a hospital emergency room earlier today for an undisclosed reason.

Hmm, according to TMZ, he went to the ER, stayed about 10 minutes & went back to the ranch. Then an ambulance went to the ranch, & then left without Kanye, so I can't imagine why they were there. I don't think people walk into an ER, say "I'm having an emergency, I'll go home & wait for you" & then leave. 

“I don't think people walk into an ER, say "I'm having an emergency, I'll go home & wait for you" &then leave.”

With Kanye these days, you can never be sure...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GaT said:

Hmm, according to TMZ, he went to the ER, stayed about 10 minutes & went back to the ranch. Then an ambulance went to the ranch, & then left without Kanye, so I can't imagine why they were there. I don't think people walk into an ER, say "I'm having an emergency, I'll go home & wait for you" & then leave. 

6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I think he's apologizing for the abortion comment.

Kanye was spotted going into a hospital emergency room earlier today for an undisclosed reason.

As a CNA I would see people coming to the ER all the time especially people with mental health issues and if they weren't an immediate danger to themselves or someone else then they would just walk out of the ER without being seen because they got tired of waiting.  We couldn't hold them so if they want to leave okay here's your AMA paper you take care there's the door.

With regards to Kanye apologizing for his tweet I think either somebody got a hold of his phone or his people logged into his account and wrote that statement because of I guess the backlash he got  more so than the other things that he said

• Love 4
On 7/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, nexxie said:

Justin Bieber is the latest friend to visit Kanye in Wyoming - since he’s struggled with mental health issues, JB might be helpful.

It only they would both stay there, far away from the rest of us and shut up, the world would be a better place.

21 hours ago, GaT said:

Kanye West Apologizes to Wife Kim Kardashian Over Hurtful Comment

No idea which statement he's apologizing for, since he's apparently only apologizing for one.

The problem is - all this apologizing or not SHOULD BE DONE IN PRIVATE.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

It only they would both stay there, far away from the rest of us and shut up, the world would be a better place.

This is a family that gives birth on TV and has gynocologist appts on camera. As warren Beatty said of Madonna in 1990, they don’t want to live off camera

• Love 5

TMZ updated their story a bit more

A source connected to Kanye and with direct knowledge tells TMZ, he went to the hospital for anxiety, but there were lots of people inside, he got uncomfortable and left. His people then arranged for an ambulance to come to the ranch. Ye apparently calmed down ... EMTs checked his vitals -- heart rate and blood pressure -- and determined he was not in danger.

And

After the ambulance left, Kanye invited 4 paparazzi inside his home.  We're told they were there for 2 hours -- waiting -- and Kanye finally came out for a few minutes.  WE're told he wanted the photogs to let him "control the narrative."  That was pretty much it, and they left.

• Useful 1
On 7/26/2020 at 2:46 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Since the wrong was done in public, Kim - and Kris Jong Un - probably expected a public apology.

• LOL 1
On 7/20/2020 at 7:45 PM, Iris987 said:

What do you think would happen if Kim left him? I blame Kanye for her and her vile family gaining legitimacy- do you think she'd lose it if she left? Keeping Met ball invitations would definitely be a reason for her to ride it out. Kanye is just the worst. I have a lot of sympathy for mentally ill people but there comes a point when you need to take responsibility for yourself and take your fucking medication. It's not as if his creative output while manic is any good. I've seen his fashion line. I'm concerned about this behaviour affecting his family. Well, his kids. I don't give a crap about it affecting the Klan.

Wow truth!!!

• Love 5

I was on another board & someone posted a photo of Farrah Fawcett from the movie Logan's Run which was released in 1976. Look at the shoes, I always thought the design of Yeezys came from his demented little brain, but he wasn't even original with that, it's just another idea he stole.

D6cyS_4X4AEuntn.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I just watched a documentary about Donda West's death. Very interesting and it sounds crazy but I can understand now why Kanye still has issues. This could have been avoided. Kanye's cousin and this surgeon is really to blame. For one she was actually advised by a well known surgeon to not get all the surgery she wanted and he refused since she had heart disease. So Donda went to a different doctor.I was under the impression she died on the operating table, no she was allowed to go home even though she wouldnt wake up for 9 hours after surgery. Kanye's registered nurse cousin promised to care for her at home, but he took off to a christening while Donda had a high fever and was in respiratory distress. This cousin sounded like an ass.

• Love 1
On 7/25/2020 at 10:29 PM, GaT said:

Real good use of the hospital's resources. 

Shame on K and K. And the entire klan.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:43 PM, howmanywords said:

Sunday Service has started up again but without an audience. Kim is back to being front and center supporting Kanye and his bizarre ideas. But this? I couldnt figure out why Jesus Tok is trending now..oh Kanye 😂

He's nutz.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

I just watched a documentary about Donda West's death. Very interesting and it sounds crazy but I can understand now why Kanye still has issues. This could have been avoided. Kanye's cousin and this surgeon is really to blame. For one she was actually advised by a well known surgeon to not get all the surgery she wanted and he refused since she had heart disease. So Donda went to a different doctor.I was under the impression she died on the operating table, no she was allowed to go home even though she wouldnt wake up for 9 hours after surgery. Kanye's registered nurse cousin promised to care for her at home, but he took off to a christening while Donda had a high fever and was in respiratory distress. This cousin sounded like an ass.

She also insisted on being allowed to go home when the doctor adamantly asked her to stay there. Apparently she thought she was too “well known” to stay hospitalized. She seemed be quite entitled to me.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She also insisted on being allowed to go home when the doctor adamantly asked her to stay there. Apparently she thought she was too “well known” to stay hospitalized. She seemed be quite entitled to me.

Yes very much. That was the height of Kanye becoming a huge star and she became very snobbish about it. Very high and mighty that she was a mother of a superstar and she wanted to look like a star herself. She become obsessed with her image and fame. Before Kanye made it big she sounded more modest and career oriented.

• Love 6

Kanye West has been banned from Twitter for 12 hours for posting private information after the rapper engaged in another tweetstorm Wednesday night.

West has been tweeting liberally this week, with fans concerned for his mental health.

Twitter confirmed the rapper's temporary removal from the platform to Newsweek.

According to a Twitter spokesperson: "The Tweet was removed for posting private information, and the account has been temporarily locked in accordance with our Private Information policy."

https://www.newsweek.com/kanye-west-kicked-off-twitter-12-hours-doxing-1532528 

• Useful 1

Yeah Mr. Brilliant has been posting legal advice from his attorney.   First what attorney gives major advice via text?    Second, the most Intelligent Guy with the wanna be lawyer wife, doesn't know that by publicly posting the advice he has waived attorney-client privilege?   Sony can now get ALL his communications with his attorney.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Well, to be fair he has already said he doesnt listen to Kim when she said she tries to give him financial advice so why would he listen to any possible legal help? I doubt he's even following real legal advice. If he was he wouldnt have posted that contract or tweet private texts. He's, again, off the rails.

• Love 3

I have my issues with Kanye but I cannot help but feel sorry for him.. He is so broken and it just breaks my heart for him and  his 4 children who must be so confused with everything that is going on. 2020 has been such a tough year for all of us and it has to be even worst for a person who has mental illness. I wish him well.. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ooh boy.  I can’t listen, can anyone highlight the finer points?

Kanye West talked about his work as a "pastor," music industry contracts, his fashion line and his "calling to be the leader of the free world," which he said came to him in the shower, in a three-hour long, free-associative interview with podcaster Joe Rogan that was released Saturday — and that's in just the first half hour.

He also suggested that Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Prince and Bruce and Brandon Lee had been murdered, among other claims.

He also made a reference to Taylor Swift that could be misinterpreted. Speaking of his father's work as a member of the Black Panther political party, he said, "It's like my father snatching a mic out of someone's hand who was lying — like father, like son, there," he laughed, referring to him grabbing the mic from Swift at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.

Speaking uninterrupted for long stretches and peppering his comments with mentions of his notable friends and pop-culture references from "Tron" to "Maleficent" to "The Incredibles," West continued his tendency to make a provocative statement and then quickly move to a seemingly unrelated subject. (The following quotes have been edited to eliminate digressions.)

"There couldn't be a better time to put a visionary in the captain's chair," he said. "I'm not here to down Trump or down Biden, I'm just here to express why God has called me to take this position. I'm a great leader because I listen and I'm empathetic. I do believe in world peace."

Regarding the music business, he said, "I'm not at war with the music industry. I'm just saying we need to innovate. When I posted my contracts, I had ten contracts that kept putting me inside a labyrinth and things we don't need.

"Prince would say we don't need the distribution part," he continued. "I'm the kind of person where I'm not trying to eliminate anyone's job. There's a way both parties can be happy. These deals can be flipped in a way that they're just more fair."

He said his father had told him the music industry was a bad business, and found that perspective to be true.

"Everyone's a part of it, everyone's responsible, everyone's a part of the problem," he said. "The contracts are made to rape the artists. This is a negative thought I'm putting into the universe — but I thought about Bruce and Brandon Lee. This is Sony and Universal and I'm willing to put the blue paint on my face and go out and do this because it's the right thing to do.

"Michael Jackson, Prince, all of these things have crossed my mind as I'm saying I need to innovate what these contracts are, it's not about me getting my masters back, it's about freedom."

"At this point music loses me money," he said. "Of my $5 billion net worth, music is negative $4 million."

He also spoke at length about his work in religious music. "I stepped away from my music career for a year to serve God," he said. "When I made [his Sunday Service sessions], I completely stopped rapping because I didn't know how to rap before God."

Rogan made several efforts to keep West focused on topics, including flattering West about his thought processes, saying that people claimed he was ranting but Rogan said he was thinking thoroughly.

"When I talk, it's not a rant," West said. "It's a symphony of ideas. I just tell the truth and telling the truth is crazy in a world full of lies."

Variety

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1244657

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

At this point music loses me money," he said. "Of my $5 billion net worth, music is negative $4 million."

Two things about this. One, $5 billion? Yeah, I don't think so. Two, I hate this idiot & his delusions. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

"There couldn't be a better time to put a visionary in the captain's chair," he said

Thank you for the breakdown!  It was a big ask, but you succinctly summed up the highlights.

I actually agree with him about putting a visionary in the office.  But not him!  Big difference between hallucinating and being a visionary.

Didnt Bob Marley die from cancer?  How’d he get caught up in the Kanye conspiracies?  Who would have wanted Bob dead?!

He does rant, he might as well just call it what it is.  

He needs to rethink meds.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

He also suggested that Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Prince and Bruce and Brandon Lee had been murdered, among other claims.

MJ - overdose, Prince - overdose, Bruce - brain swelling after drug use, Brandon - fatally defective round in a prop gun used while filming a movie, Bob - the most deadly and least detected form of melanoma (under a toenail) spread throughout his body for years after he refused recommended medical treatment (amputating the toe). 

Brandon's death was a straight up accident; the other four died after ingesting drugs or ignoring medical advice - it seems likely that Kanye is projecting his own medical issues. 

If... if Kanye's dad belonged to the Black Panther Party during the late '60s and early'70s, that was its heyday. It's odd that he never spoke on the record anywhere, anytime about his membership, no interviews, not a single quote, no vintage photos. There were 5000 members in chapters across the country by 1969-70 and it can't be denied that its many valid social justice aims were tainted by extremely violent tactics. 

It started with armed-carry "cop watching" to monitor and challenge police brutality in Oakland CA, and blood drives and free sickle cell clinics and free breakfasts for tens of thousands of children in inner cities... and degenerated into a series of murders, torture murders, raging gun battles, Panther and police officer and prison guard deaths, prison escapes, courtroom escapes, and a judge and jurors taken hostage and killed. They squandered their initial credibility with limitless violence. They scaled back somewhat when they suspected how deeply they were infiltrated by the FBI which had sworn to obliterate them along with numerous other activist organizations but there was too much damage to overcome. COINTELPRO was the name of that FBI program.

It's hard to explain what those years were like. The reach of the BPP's core leadership was international in scope, Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland took up their cause. The names come back: Fred Hampton, Bobby Seale, Huey Newton, Bobby Hutton, Eldridge Cleaver (a rapist who practiced on Black women before moving on to White women, and author of Soul On Ice), George Jackson (author of Soledad Brother), Angela Davis... but the details overwhelm memory.

My roommate and I went to some Panther fundraising breakfasts at a park in Fullerton that were sponsored by a SoCal chapter in 1969, but we were not especially warmly received after we could not donate anything beyond the cost of the breakfast. I came across a flyer for the breakfasts a few years ago when I was going through some old boxes while packing to move.

Our plans changed one morning when the breakfast turned into a riot with a huge police presence as we approached the venue, which we observed from a hill at a safe distance. I look back now and wonder "What were we thinking? Were we thinking?" Not too long after that we stopped going to large anti-war protests in El Lay when we realized that too many guys too often were herding the females up front to directly face the police lines. As if our mini-skirts afforded us some protection? I cannot say. It is impossible to obey a command to disperse when your exit is blocked by guys who won't let you go anywhere. I remember that we carried large edition newspapers rolled up because they became a baton that could be discarded at a moment's notice and my exit once again was blocked and I thought Fuck. This. I am done. 

But getting back to Kanye, with his history of delusions and fantasies and the lack of any BPP mentions by his father, I don't know what to believe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Poor thing.  Looks like Kanye just needs to get on the meds. STAT! He's got 4 kids who need their father, and not one who is completely delusional.

Honesty, those kids are doomed with Kanye as a dad and major narcissist Kim as a mom. Thank goodness they have nannies.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Honesty, those kids are doomed with Kanye as a dad and major narcissist Kim as a mom. Thank goodness they have nannies.

And tons of money for therapy.

• Love 2
On 10/25/2020 at 7:24 AM, merylinkid said:

As he rambles on and on and doesn't let the interviewer get a word in edgewise.  

He really does ramble and ramble.  I have listened to most of the interview.  I don't know why, I guess my curiosity got the better of me...  I will say that most of it was gibberish, and bragging.  He made like 2 good points, but the rest, I couldn't even follow his line of thinking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2020 at 9:03 AM, howmanywords said:

Kanye has talked about his father being a Black Panther for many years. Here is a scan of a 1970 newspaper article with a picture of Ray

I tip my hat to you! I searched for over an hour (a couple times), found nothing and gave up. I was aware of Kanye's claim for many years and wondered where his dad fell on the BPP spectrum. I guess participating in a trial where the defendant was sentenced to death by burning answers that. Maybe it also sheds some light on why his dad didn't publicly mention/discuss it in later years. Again, tip o' the hat to you! 

On 10/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, heatherchandler said:

He really does ramble and ramble.  I have listened to most of the interview.  I don't know why, I guess my curiosity got the better of me...  I will say that most of it was gibberish, and bragging.  He made like 2 good points, but the rest, I couldn't even follow his line of thinking.

Must be quite a challenge for a narcissist like Kim to listen to a narcissist like Kanye go off on multiple tangents in a row - her eyes must completely glaze over!

• LOL 2

@suomi thanks! But honestly the only reason I found it so easily was because I was a Lipstick alley poster around that time and I remember it being discussed so I searched in that direction. There really isn't much out there. Ray is also pretty private so maybe that's why he never spoke much of it.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, qtpye said:

And tons of money for therapy.

Oh like they’re ever going to therapy.  Their whole family is against it.  The one time Kourtney tried to go to therapy her whole family ridiculed her.   

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Oh like they’re ever going to therapy.  Their whole family is against it.  The one time Kourtney tried to go to therapy her whole family ridiculed her.   

Ridiculing therapy but totally supportive of unnecessary plastic surgery...sounds about right for this group.

• Love 4