Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, vast wasteland said:

Children as psychotropic medication.

Kanye West feels most at peace when he is home with his kids.

LOL yeah, it's not like they replace meds, but I do believe this quote is true.

• Love 3

I despise all these anonymous "sources" but I believe it. Its not a very wise way to be since children aren't going to cure a mental illness, but yes I believe the children bring a sense of peace and a calmness to him. Because when I look at the crazed Kanye who sounds psychotic on twitter, then I see Kanye with his children I can't even comprehend it's the same person. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

when I look at the crazed Kanye who sounds psychotic on twitter, then I see Kanye with his children I can't even comprehend it's the same person. 

I think this is why, no matter how his rants sound, I just can't dislike the guy.

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Kim has said for a while that Kanye wants a bunch of kids, and she might agree to one more, the male embryo they already have. Two girls, two boys, and done.

Until Kourtney has twins, & then it will be surrogate time again. Notice when the timing of the birth is, supposedly May. Meghan & Harry's baby is due in the spring, they couldn't be trying to compete with them could they? Nooooo, why would Kim & Kanye want all that publicity? I'm sure we'll be getting the plea for privacy any day now. Seriously, Chi isn't even a year old yet why are they having another one so soon? And what about North, if she hates Saint, I don't think she's going to love another brother.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, GaT said:

Until Kourtney has twins, & then it will be surrogate time again. Notice when the timing of the birth is, supposedly May. Meghan & Harry's baby is due in the spring, they couldn't be trying to compete with them could they? Nooooo, why would Kim & Kanye want all that publicity? I'm sure we'll be getting the plea for privacy any day now. Seriously, Chi isn't even a year old yet why are they having another one so soon? And what about North, if she hates Saint, I don't think she's going to love another brother.

North needs therapy - it’s not cute that she hates her brother so much, as Kim seems to think; it’s creepy.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, nexxie said:

North needs therapy - it’s not cute that she hates her brother so much, as Kim seems to think; it’s creepy.

Kim has the same attitude towards her brother and sisters and she’s not even the oldest. Kris has always  made it clear that she considers Kim her favorite. 

• Love 5

President Trump Thanks Kanye West for His 'Nice Words' as Criminal Justice Reform Becomes Law

President Donald Trump had nothing but kind words for friend and supporter Kanye West on Saturday.

The president, 72, kicked off the weekend by praising the 41-year-old “Jesus Walks” rapper on Twitter. His messages came just four days after West reaffirmed his unwavering love for Trump on the popular social media platform.

“Thank you to Kanye West for your nice words,” Trump wrote.

He then went on to reference the First Step Act, bipartisan federal criminal justice reform legislation he signed into law last month, which West had so passionately pushed.

“Criminal Justice Reform is now law,” Trump wrote in his tweet Saturday, adding that it was “passed in a very bipartisan way!”

A Beaufort native painted Donald Trump and Kanye West. The art can be yours — for a price

Ment Nelson watched the scene unfold in a YouTube clip on his phone — a rapper professing his love for the president in the Oval Office — and wanted to document the moment from the October meeting forever.

In his bedroom, Nelson began to draw and then paint and soon the Beaufort native and artist had produced a watercolor showing a grinning Kanye West with a red cap bearing the “Make America Great Again” slogan of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Opposite West, lipstick is seen on the cheek of a frowning Trump.

Nelson initially priced the original work at $5,000. After researching price tags commanded by other artists, noting how West’s support of Trump has remained in the news and with a renewed confidence in the worth of his work, Nelson recently raised the price tag for the work he named “Kissin’ Up:” $1 million.

TrumpPainting2.jpeg

Aaaand we're off!

Kanye & the choir perform at "Sunday Service" And of course he has to preach rant, & what does he rant about? R. Kelly & Michael Jackson

They just gonna pull up full documentaries on ’em, and then they gonna come with the Michael documentary. We can enjoy all they music all we want. I thought I wasn’t gonna go there today, but because if we going to tear down one artist, let’s go ahead and take the da Vinci’s outta the Louvre while we’re at it, let’s take down all the art,” West said in a break in the set, referencing the Leaving Neverland documentary which focuses on the lives of two adult accusers of Michael Jackson regarding sexual abuse. Video footage of the moment has since been scrubbed from the Internet.

"Video footage of the moment has since been scrubbed from the Internet." Yep, Kris got in there fast, & of course Kim did her thing too

I'm going to nip this in the bud right now. Kanye was speaking about his own experience of everyone quick to say they are cancelling him because of differences in opinion & not being perfect," Kardashian wrote. "The analogies were in context to his own experiences, not defending anyone else."

The mother of three continued, "I want to make it very clear, he is not condoning anyone's actions or unacceptable disgusting behavior. My husband's words are being taken out of context due to timing."

Kim, Kanye actually said "the Michael documentary", is his name MIchael now? No? Then I'm pretty sure he's defending somebody else. You didn't get the video off the internet fast enough, people know what he said.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, GaT said:

Aaaand we're off!

Kanye & the choir perform at "Sunday Service" And of course he has to preach rant, & what does he rant about? R. Kelly & Michael Jackson

"Video footage of the moment has since been scrubbed from the Internet." Yep, Kris got in there fast, & of course Kim did her thing too

Kim, Kanye actually said "the Michael documentary", is his name MIchael now? No? Then I'm pretty sure he's defending somebody else. You didn't get the video off the internet fast enough, people know what he said.

“Nip it, Thelma Lou, nip it in the bud”

So this is how she’s going to spend the rest of her life? 

Sadly any bit of credibility she had is gone. Forget being taken seriously as a spokesperson for prison reform.  She’s using “X” as an excuse for her own poor choices and trying to cover for his rants. She’s better off to let him post what he wants, let the chips fall where they fall. Maybe when his income is affected and he can’t afford 14 million dollar gifts for her, he’ll wise up and start taking his meds again. 

Lets see if his mindset changes when/if little North gets hooked up with some perv at 15/16. Will he be spouting off what he did about Tyga being smart to get in there early? 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 8

At this point, I have to believe that the only reason we haven't heard from Kanye is because they have him locked up away from all Twitter accessible devices somewhere. First, we have no response to The Game, which surprises me, but I am really interested in why we haven't heard anything about Jussie Smollett. Chicago is Kanye's town, you would think he would say something about a horrible attack on a black man in his town. Do you think it has something to do with the assaulters yelling “MAGA country” while they attacked him? You know, MAGA just like the cap Kanye likes to wear? The one he tweeted about “From now on I’m performing with my mutherfucking hat on.”? Hmmm, how will Kris & Kim handle this one?

• Love 6

Desiigner Calls Kanye West “Crazy” in Instagram Rant

Desiigner was visibly frustrated as he delivered the following message: “Nobody is doing this shit for me, bro. Nobody is doing this shit for me… I had signed to Kanye West. The biggest n**ga. Y’all n**gas think he’s the genius. Y’all think that n***a’s shit. But to me, n**ga, that n**ga’s crazy, n**ga. To me, n**ga, I’ve been doing this shit myself.”

The 21-year-old’s media tirade somewhat suspiciously coincided with the release of his “Finesse” single which dropped yesterday. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:51 PM, GaT said:

GLC Says Kanye West's Not Going to Wear MAGA Hat Again

Uh huh, I'm sure. A month from now the idiot will be parading around with a new one.

Kanye says a lot of shit to people and then backtracks or changes his mind. What should anyone believe him at this point? It seems Kanye thinks a freethinker is someone who has no convictions and principles, therefore they are easily swayed in whichever direction the wind is blowing that day and is seemingly open-minded. If Kanye could have conviction in something meaningful in the same way he has conviction in the belief that he is the most brilliant man alive and the way he has a conviction that his surgically enhanced and faux wife is the most beautiful thing to walk this earth, he could actually stand for something worthwhile. He stands for nothing from what I can see.

• Love 9

Kanye West heads to his office just days ahead of New York Fashion Week... as rumors about secret show swirl

But Kanye West was spotted heading to his actual office on Wednesday in Calabasas, just days ahead of the start of New York Fashion Week.

Meanwhile, rumors have been swirling about the 41-year-old rapper possibly performing at an invite-only show during fashion's biggest week.

Earlier, Guest of a Guest reported that Kanye would be performing during Philipp Plein's dinner show on Monday, February 11.

The exclusive invite-only event is set to take place at New York City's The Pool restaurant, reported Elle.

The outlet revealed, 'Earlier this month, editors and fashion insiders received an invitation' to the show, 'which teased a performance by Kanye West himself.' 

9493942-6676649-image-m-3_1549504359162.

Kim Kardashian West‏Verified account @KimKardashian 14h14 hours ago

He’s not performing at any fashion show this season. Just a rumor

colin @colinags

You on The Tonight Show, Kanye rumored to be performing at Philipp Plein, all roads lead to NYFW.. Issa Kardashian West takeover

Edited by vast wasteland

Kanye West being sued by family of little girl whose prayers were sampled on his track Ultralight Beam

I sometimes wonder how people with all the money in the world and access to the best lawyers fall into these (alleged) circumstances.  It seems that Kanye's team would perform all due diligence to verify the information in order to forestall these scenarios and make sure there are no loopholes. 

But I guess even if the procedure was fully researched and airtight, anyone who could convince a lawyer to sue could do so.  Deep pockets are a big lure for both client and attorney.

Kanye West is being sued by the parents of the little girl heard preaching her version of the gospel at the beginning of his tune Ultralight Beam.

West sampled the audio from a 2016 viral video of Natalie Green, who was four at the time, and then got permission from her mother to use it.

But her legal guardians say the hip-hop star got permission from the wrong parent, according to TMZ.

Andrew and Shirley Green maintain West reached out to Natalie's biological mother, Alice Johnson, whom they claim has no legal right to give approval.

According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, the Greens adopted Natalie in December 2012 and took over all parental rights.

The Greens are now seeking profits from Ultralight Beam in addition to other damages. 

In the original 44-second video clip, Natalie is seen in a car, on her mother’s lap, rocking back and forth and screaming about how 'we don't want no devil in the house' and 'we want the lord.' 

Her passion and commanding voice captured the hearts of millions of people around the world.

That passion, no doubt, is what caught West's attention and led him to add her to the beginning of his song, which was featured on his 2016 album, Life of Pablo.

In an interview with Complex, Natalie said the video came about 'when my family members were about to travel to Atlanta and asked me to say a quick prayer for them as they normally would before they departed.'

She added: 'Kanye West's team reached out to me shortly before the release of his album. I was elated when the offer was presented.'

Little Natalie is now seven-years old. 

So Far, Team West has not given an official comment on the lawsuit, according to TMZ.

Kanye West’s Hosts Sunday Service At adidas Headquarters [Video]

Portland got a taste of Kanye West’s ongoing jam session series. Yeezy recently took it to his sneaker partner corporate offices as a private treat to the employees.

The self-proclaimed free thinker hosted his Sunday Service a couple of days early at the adidas headquarters. Accompanied by a live band and gospel choir West performed a bevy of his hits. Also in the building was soul singer Charlie Wilson who lent his iconic vocals on “Bound 2”.

In some instances he changed the lyrics to his songs. On “Jesus Walks” he and team made it more three stripe inclusive for the crowd in attendance with “next time I’m at Adidas everybody screaming out” as a build to the chorus.

Yeezy originally rolled out the Sunday Service traveling show to commemorate the 15th anniversary of his debut album College Dropout. Clips from that live set took fans back to the Yeezy we all knew and loved. You can view more from his production at the adidas headquarters below.

• LOL 1

The Yeezy lemonade stand was mentioned in Khloe's thread and there are lots of cute instastories out there, but here's a recap from the one person who was permitted to use a professional camera and that was because he works for Adidas and was asked to document it for them. He emphases this was not a big crowded thing, there were no TV cameras so this wasn't filmed for KUWTK, no media outlets. I wonder if Kanye is taking his meds? He's beaming and has been well behaved the last few weeks.North sure is a daddy's girl.

• Love 2

They want to do this, do it on their own property. 

How do you have “ invitation only” events in a public park anyway ? Don’t you need permits and possibly pay a fee? 

With random celebrity appearances you know there will start to be crowds of lookie loos and paparazzi showing up. I’m sure the family has armed security guards around, it’s a recipe for disaster. 

• Love 3
On 3/19/2019 at 4:00 PM, DangerousMinds said:

What “religion” are they pretending to practice again? Did they make up their own?

I know you have to take these things with a grain of salt but gossip blinds have been hinting that all the hype about these services are to drum up interest to eventually televise them so they can start taking 'donations'. It's all for a money grab.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Margerine said:

I know you have to take these things with a grain of salt but gossip blinds have been hinting that all the hype about these services are to drum up interest to eventually televise them so they can start taking 'donations'. It's all for a money grab.

Somebody needs to shut these charlatans down.

• Love 4

There was also a blind item 3 week ago hinting at Kim dropping her most raunchy nude pics yet to try and distract from the Jordyn scandal. I would take any blind gossip with a huge grain of salt. Personally I think this is all something leading up to Kanye starting his own religion.

18 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I'm telling you.  There's going to be a "religious" movement that starts out of this.  It sounds insane, I know.  But this is the start of Kanye going all L. Ron Hubbard on us. 

Yep that's kind of what I'm thinking as well.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I'm telling you.  There's going to be a "religious" movement that starts out of this.  It sounds insane, I know.  But this is the start of Kanye going all L. Ron Hubbard on us. 

That was my first thought as well. 

• Love 1

It's like Madonna & Kabbalah. Just watch, they're going to come up with something, similar to a red string bracelet, but way more FYRE! I know Madonna didn't invent Kabbalah, but she most certainly put it on the map. Back in the day, Madonna had Britney, Ashton & Demi, & several others wearing the bracelet. Kanye will have Katy Perry, Orlando Bloom, DMX, & all of the Kardashians donning whatever he deems appropriate enough to show their devotion. 

It's honestly sounding like Jim Jones to me. Maybe they won't commit mass suicide, but I could see this getting creepy & cult-like really fast. 

• Love 4

I think it’s a part of Kanye’s mental situation. He has a Messiah complex and this is playing right into it. Maybe Kim is going along with it( and using it as an step off point for North’s career) in order to keep him from other more crazy antics. He’s got all these people wearing his unsold fashions and a few other celebs are attending to see what the hype is all about, this all feeds into his ego. 

I do think at some point he’s going to crash again. And it’s going to be worse than before. 

• Love 5

Is Kanye West Starting a Church?

Excerpt:

Kanye’s Sunday Services have been referred to as a concert series inspired by church, an inspiration catalyst, and a church service by the media and Kim Kardashian West, and I must admit: I am confused. Is Kanye West starting a church, or is this some sort of concept album long-game that’s leading up to a release in the name of God and record sales?

The idea of Kanye starting a church is not so far-fetched, considering his mother-in-law Kristen Jenner is the co-owner of the California Community Church. She took the church under her wing in 2010, and it is still up and running (despite the KarJenner’s absence at services — they prefer Hillsong or Tony Robbins). The legitimacy of the church has been questioned in the past — some gossip sites have alleged that California Community is “nothing more than a Kardashian tax haven,” and have alluded to financial sketchiness and raised eyebrows at it’s $1,000-a-month membership fee.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, nkotb said:

It's like Madonna & Kabbalah. Just watch, they're going to come up with something, similar to a red string bracelet, but way more FYRE! I know Madonna didn't invent Kabbalah, but she most certainly put it on the map. Back in the day, Madonna had Britney, Ashton & Demi, & several others wearing the bracelet. Kanye will have Katy Perry, Orlando Bloom, DMX, & all of the Kardashians donning whatever he deems appropriate enough to show their devotion. 

It's honestly sounding like Jim Jones to me. Maybe they won't commit mass suicide, but I could see this getting creepy & cult-like really fast. 

Instead of koolaid they’ll use the “Flat Tummy Tea”

• LOL 9
8 hours ago, nkotb said:

It would be great if they all moved to some far away island without internet service.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1