Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GaT said:

To me, the most interesting thing is this:

Kanye is referring to himself as Travis' brother in law, interesting. If Kylie & Travis really did get married without any big parties & splashing it all over social media, I will be most impressed. 

Kylie and Travis have been calling each other Wifey and Hubby for a while now, and Kim said in an interview recently that she was going to ask Kylie if they are married - Kanye might have just confirmed.

Maybe they got married during their recent Houston tour stop - Travis introduced “his beautiful wife” there in his hometown.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The other passengers didn’t look at all amused.  That crazy SOB needs to be locked somewhere far away from society.  He truly is psychotic.

Yes, fuck him for intruding on other’s peace. Not ok.

3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Sorry I see nothing wrong with what Kim said. I normally roll my eyes at the lengths she will go to defending Kanye but she isnt saying anything his fans aren't saying.  If your husband or family was threatened you wouldnt be pissed and be a little on the defensive? And  I obviously dont agree with what she said about thinking he's the most brilliant person, but thats her husband and her opinion. I zero issue with her feeling that way about her husband. I said above, it sounds like Drake has a history of pulling shit like this making threats whenever a feud starts up. And of course now all these unnamed "sources" will pile up now fueling much loved drama. 

Or she could simply shut the fuck up and let the lawyers handle anything legal?

• Love 3

Kim Kardashian 'Can't Stand' When Kanye West 'Starts Drama,' Source Says Amid Drake Feud

On Thursday, the Chicago rapper, 41, took aim at Drake, 32, on Twitter, tweeting over 125 times and claiming Drake threatened him, Kardashian West and their children North, 5, Saint, 3, Chicago, 10 months.

I'm not on Twitter and certainly don't claim to understand it fully, but isn't that an inordinate number of tweets?

• Love 2

Its fine to be doubtful of anything Kanye says especially during a manic episode but IMO there should also be doubt regarding all these articles that don't even name actual sources and just drop the word "sources". Makes it awfully easy to print attention grabbing gossip. But of course anything that sounds juicy is automatically believed.

• Love 1

Kanye West SLAMS Ariana Grande for using his feud with Drake to promote her new single and making ‘a joke’ out of his mental health

'All of this foolishness weighed on my mental health so @ArianaGrande you know I got love for you but until you’re ready to really make sure everyone’s ok don’t use me or this moment to promote a song.'

'No one would ever choose to end up in a mental hospital and diagnosed with a mental disorder but god chose me to publicly go through this journey and it is beautiful.'

and much, much more.

1 hour ago, vast wasteland said:

'No one would ever choose to end up in a mental hospital and diagnosed with a mental disorder but god chose me to publicly go through this journey and it is beautiful.'

No, YOU chose you to go through it publicly, get off of Twitter, asshole.

• Love 12

He does need to get off twitter and get back on his meds, but he's not wrong about mental health being mocked. Ironically Ariana's ex Pete Davidson just posted an alarming message saying he doesn't want to be here anymore. Go check out some of the vial responses he's getting. For every post giving the number with the suicide prevention hotline there's 5 calling him an annoying attentionwhore.

• Love 1

and...cue apology

Ariana Grande Apologizes to Kanye West: 'It Was a Joke Which I Understand Now Was Probably Insensitive'

ye✔@kanyewest

All of this foolishness weighed on my mental health so @ArianaGrande you know I got love for you but until you’re ready to really make sure everyone’s ok don’t use me or this moment to promote a song

Ariana Grande✔@ArianaGrande

with all due respect, i don't need to use anyone to promote anything. period. i was making a comment ab what men were doing at the time vs. women. it was a joke which i understand now was probably insensitive. i apologize if i was in any way triggering and hope u feel well today.

anyway i hate the internet so much. sending love. but like bye.

last thing. stop weaponizing mental health. everyone.

• Love 2

And here is Pete's Instagram:

Pete Davidson Posts Disturbing Message After Ariana Grande Slam: ‘I Really Don’t Want to Be on This Earth Anymore’

Pete-Davidson-Instagram-021.jpg?w=293

This social media post — which has since been deleted, along with Davidson’s entire Instagram account — came minutes after the comedian applauded West, 41, for clapping back at the “Thank U, Next” singer, 25. “Bravo Kanye West for standing up for yourself and speaking out against mental health. I can’t explain to you enough how difficult and scary it is to be honest about stuff like this.”

“We need people like Kanye,” added Davidson, who has been open about his issues with borderline personality disorder. “No one should ever point fingers at you for your bravery in speaking about mental health. I’m seriously disgusted."

His family hasn’t come to grips with his mental health nor has he. One day he denies there’s anything  wrong with him, the next he says mental illness is a blessing. Kim spouts off that he’s just brilliant and misinderstood, or too dumb to get his thoughts  across. Kris is out there doing the same “ cover the Kardashian’s collective asses” she did when Lamar was in the thros of drug abuse. 

They need to face the reality that these men are ill and need to be treated. 

• Love 7

I think Ariana apologized for 2 reasons. And it was a half assed apology. For one she's close with Kim and she has not one but two ex boyfriends with mental illnesses/depression one who recently died of an OD and she's still getting hit with some blame so she threw out that "sorry if I was insensensitive" tweet out there. The apology was to cover her own ass.

• Love 4

U

10 hours ago, GaT said:

No, YOU chose you to go through it publicly, get off of Twitter, asshole.

I thought he was just exhausted and dehydrated?  They’ve tried to cover up and pretend that he’s not mentally ill, he’s denied it and confirmed it at various times, used it as an excuse and a defense for his own tactless or insensitive comments.  Stop spending so much time on Twitter and Instagram and spend it with your kids. There may come a day when you aren’t allowed to be with them.

• Love 6

Kim Kardashian ‘Just Wants’ Kanye West ‘Off Twitter’ Amid Drake and Ariana Grande Feuds: Source

Hours after seemingly squashing his beef with Drake, 32, and Travis Scott, 26 — who got caught up in the feud because of his song “Sicko Mode,” which the Canadian rapper appeared on —  West tweeted on Saturday that “it’s all love” between him and Scott.

ye✔@kanyewest

Met with Trav at my crib this morning We expressed ourselves It’s all love

10:20 AM - Dec 15, 2018

ye✔@kanyewest

Drake and Trav both love Ye more than anyone and I love those guys back. We love everyone

4:54 AM - Dec 15, 2018

3 hours ago, iwasish said:

His family hasn’t come to grips with his mental health nor has he. One day he denies there’s anything  wrong with him, the next he says mental illness is a blessing. Kim spouts off that he’s just brilliant and misinderstood, or too dumb to get his thoughts  across. Kris is out there doing the same “ cover the Kardashian’s collective asses” she did when Lamar was in the thros of drug abuse. 

They need to face the reality that these men are ill and need to be treated. 

And stop talking to the world about them. We just want Kanye and Kim to STFU and do their “genius” things off SM.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I really feel for Kanye and his whole family - his illness is so hard to cope with.

Same here. Its extremely hard to cope with and you can't force medication and care on people. The only way you can forcibly do anything is if the person proves to be a threat to themselves or others. No one knows what the family is trying to do beyond social media or how they are dealing with it away from cameras.  Try living with someone with any kind of mental illness and I want to see how easy it is to make jokes and throw around so easily what "they" should be doing. A lot easier said then done.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Same here. Its extremely hard to cope with and you can't force medication and care on people. The only way you can forcibly do anything is if the person proves to be a threat to themselves or others. No one knows what the family is trying to do beyond social media or how they are dealing with it away from cameras.  Try living with someone with any kind of mental illness and I want to see how easy it is to make jokes and throw around so easily what "they" should be doing. A lot easier said then done.  

Kim goes to Disney, that’s how she deals. 

• Love 2

Yeah she took her kids to Disney.  There were comments on instagram saying she did it for a photo op to look like a caring mother. And when she's seen without the kids she's slammed as someone who ignores them. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Yeah she took her kids to Disney.  There were comments on instagram saying she did it for a photo op to look like a caring mother. And when she's seen without the kids she's slammed as someone who ignores them. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

It was a birthday trip for the boys, a tradition for all the kids - good idea to be as normal as possible for them.

• Love 3
On 12/16/2018 at 8:52 AM, nexxie said:

I really feel for Kanye and his whole family - his illness is so hard to cope with.

I  really think Kanye is a tragedy waiting to happen.   And I can and have slammed Kim and the K's with the best of them, but in this case, I agree  - the situation is very difficult and we don't know the real story - if he is self medicating (going on and off meds as he wishes), I don't know what you do short of having him hospitalized (and that's no easy thing to do).  I doubt he listens to anyone other than  himself.  And remember how exhausting he was when he wanted a bandaid?  Can  you imagine what he's like arguing about whether or not he should take his meds?

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I  really think Kanye is a tragedy waiting to happen.   And I can and have slammed Kim and the K's with the best of them, but in this case, I agree  - the situation is very difficult and we don't know the real story - if he is self medicating (going on and off meds as he wishes), I don't know what you do short of having him hospitalized (and that's no easy thing to do).  I doubt he listens to anyone other than  himself.  And remember how exhausting he was when he wanted a bandaid?  Can  you imagine what he's like arguing about whether or not he should take his meds?

It already is a tragedy - Kanye goes off the rails without meds but doesn’t feel like his true creative self with meds - he might eventually decide there’s no way out. I’ve seen two friends go through this, a sister and a mother whose lives were turned upside down, and who did everything possible to help. It’s a no-win situation.

• Love 9

I don't trust anything that comes out of Kanye's mouth. He's such a narcissist that I can easily see anything spoken in a remotely negative way about him or to him could be misconstrued by him as a threat. Unless Kim was actually listening in on the conversation and can vouch for what Drake said and confirm Kanye's side, she should shut up. I truly believe Kanye is mentally ill but I absolutely won't stand for Kanye conveniently choosing to claim his mental illness and then quickly discrediting validity to it. Sometimes it's the doctors trying to medicate his genius by making him think he's ill and then other times, often times when it's people speaking negatively about him, the response is 'how dare you make fun of someone with mental illness'. You can't have it both ways. Kanye has always had an ego and I truly believe mental illness or not, Kanye is just a big fucking asshole whose reality is nowhere near what he thinks of himself in his own mind. Maybe we don't see a lot of the behind the scenes of what the family is trying to do to help him but publicly defending his indefensible behaviour and denying his mental state is not helping him and if they have good intentions then they should know by now that they need professionals to help guide them. I don't give a rats ass about Kim but those children deserve a healthy and stable father in their life because as they get older, they'll be able to see not only how he treats them, but how he treats others as well.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

He is not only a toxic narcissist (just like his wife), but also a straight up liar. Also like his wife.

It's why their relationship seems genuine to me which is hilarious to me but thinking positively about it, them together saves two other poor souls from having to endure all of their narcissism.

• Love 9

One thing that I've learnt is that mental illness doesn't mean that you are immune from the consequences of your actions. It may be mental illness which causes someone to lash out physically or verbally but that doesn't mean that it hurts any less for the person at the other end. And of the consequence is that the other person doesn't want to be around (e.g. Travis allegedly not going to Christmas or John Lennon and Chrissy Teigen pulling back), they have the right to do that.  

Not to mention, when mental illness is used as a cover for awful behaviour, it just perpetuates the negative stereotypes. Kanye was an unpleasant person way before this happened, mental illness has just heightened his worst traits. It might be more obvious now but I don't think he's ever been a particularly nice human being so I'm hesitant to believe that it's all mental illness. Someone can be a selfish pig but also mentally ill. 

If Kanye wants to be a self obsessed rude arsehole on social media, he's got to cop the consequences. Mental illness or no, people don't have to put up with being insulted, abused and bullied online. 

I'm not trying to downplay mental illnessed because it can change people and cause them to do things that they wouldn't if they were well. But bad behaviour has consequences and mental illness can't be a constant get out of jail free card to avoid facing up to what had been said or done.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

One thing that I've learnt is that mental illness doesn't mean that you are immune from the consequences of your actions. It may be mental illness which causes someone to lash out physically or verbally but that doesn't mean that it hurts any less for the person at the other end. And of the consequence is that the other person doesn't want to be around (e.g. Travis allegedly not going to Christmas or John Lennon and Chrissy Teigen pulling back), they have the right to do that.  

Not to mention, when mental illness is used as a cover for awful behaviour, it just perpetuates the negative stereotypes. Kanye was an unpleasant person way before this happened, mental illness has just heightened his worst traits. It might be more obvious now but I don't think he's ever been a particularly nice human being so I'm hesitant to believe that it's all mental illness. Someone can be a selfish pig but also mentally ill. 

If Kanye wants to be a self obsessed rude arsehole on social media, he's got to cop the consequences. Mental illness or no, people don't have to put up with being insulted, abused and bullied online. 

I'm not trying to downplay mental illnessed because it can change people and cause them to do things that they wouldn't if they were well. But bad behaviour has consequences and mental illness can't be a constant get out of jail free card to avoid facing up to what had been said or done.  

Or an excuse for behavior unrelated to their illness. If Kanye is on his meds as prescribed and acts like an ass, that’s on him. If he goes off his meds (and he admits he has)and acts an ass, that’s on him too.  Kim is wrong to cover or make excuses for him. She needs to express to him that he has no choice if he wants to stay married. He has an obligation to her and his children.  

• Love 6

Kanye West’s Feud With Drake Reaches A New Level Of Petty

Really, Kanye?  "...the most fucked up thing of all"?   Interesting perspective, that.

“I never knew till this morning that Drake followed my wife on Instagram back in September,” he wrote in a now-deleted tweet, including a link to Shade Room post about Drake’s follow. “Imagine having a problem with somebody and they follow your wife on Instagram. I had to bring this up because it’s the most fucked up thing of all and I just saw it this morning.”

I probably shouldn't attempt to get in Kanye's head but I suspect the issue with Drake and why he's so sensitive to something as stupid and minor as an Instagram follow is because of Drake allegedly banging Kim while married to Kanye. The rumors swirled way back but recently Snoop Dogg made matters worse by not only talking about it but claims "Kiki" in Drakes "In My Feelings" is Kim. Prob why the mere mention of Drake makes Kanye even more crazed than usual.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, vast wasteland said:

Kanye West’s Feud With Drake Reaches A New Level Of Petty

Really, Kanye?  "...the most fucked up thing of all"?   Interesting perspective, that.

Didn't he say after his last insanity rant that he spoke with his brother-in-law and Drake and it's all love and peace? And now he's once again saying that he's got beef with Drake and is taking issue with Drake following his wife? What the fuck does it matter? She has a public profile. There are many people who don't follow her who can still every fucking thing she's up to. Kanye, please get back on your meds. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, howmanywords said:

And those tweets were deleted extremely fast. Really fast. Kim is with Kanye in Aspen and were there when he tweeted. so I hope either she made him delete them or she took his phone and deleted them.

Did Kim sleep with Drake?

Kanye West Demands a "Public Apology" From Drake for Following Kim Kardashian

Kanye West is still upset over Drake following Kim Kardashian on social media.

The "Stronger" rapper, who is currently on a family vacation with his wife and their three kids in Aspen, took to Twitter on New Year's Eve to address his feud with Drake once again.

"I've never mentioned or touched on anything related to family when it came to Drake he followed my wife on Instagram he mentioned Pusha's fiancé in a song," Kanye began his series of tweets. "He dodged me for months when I extended olive branches to talk and then called to threaten me. This man tried to used my family's song to get at me He been trying to pick a fight since the pool line."

"Who's bright idea was it to tell Drake to follow my wife on Instagram?" Kanye asked, adding that they are not Drake's friend. "I don't have beef with no one. Love everyone but don't follow my f--king wife on Instagram. Ima focus on my family And you keep my family out of all of this wrestling foolishness."

Kanye then tweeted, "You could have been sat down with me I don't need to score no points off of drake. If that was the case I wouldn't have reached out in the first place. I don't ignore people and I also don't let people just f--k with me. I only play by God's rules. I don't follow no man made codes."

"Much love to people who think it's better to fight or even worse over talking Y'all day it's lame when I tweet but this man been dodging me and I got something to say," Kanye continued. "Or it's cool if it's a diss record because it's more entertaining? Ima break all codes. I ain't taking advice from no one who ain't do nothing to actually help."

Kanye then added, "This man followed my wife on Instagram I feel a public apology in order."

He then went on to say that tweeting is "legal and also therapeutic," before declaring his love for everyone.

"I love everyone even Drake. That's my whole thing," Kanye concluded his series of tweets. "Love everyone."

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Didn't he say after his last insanity rant that he spoke with his brother-in-law and Drake and it's all love and peace? And now he's once again saying that he's got beef with Drake and is taking issue with Drake following his wife? What the fuck does it matter? She has a public profile. There are many people who don't follow her who can still every fucking thing she's up to. Kanye, please get back on your meds. 

Drake (and everyone else) just needs to tell Kanye to grow up and fuck off. Period.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, vast wasteland said:

Kendall and Kylie Jenner Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Drake’s Party After Kanye West Slam: Photos

Team Drake? Kendall Jenner and Ben Simmons and Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott rang in 2019 at Drake’s New Year’s Eve party in L.A. hours after Kanye West dissed the rapper.

Kanye?  Any thoughts?

He's going to throw a family betrayal rant.

And is his Drake obsession just coming from the fact Drake was #1 in basically everything music this past year? 

• Love 2

Drake UNFOLLOWS Kim Kardashian on Instagram after her husband Kanye West says 'don't follow my f***in' wife' amid ongoing feud

Well, I'm sure we can rest easy now that "...the most fucked up thing of all" is resolved. 

And I'm sure that Kanye will now have no more Twitter rants.

They've been enduring a rather public spat which intensified after Kanye West discovered Drake followed his wife, Kim Kardashian on Instagram.

And it seems Drake, 32, may have felt the musical artist, 41, may have had a point as he has since unfollowed Kim on social media. 

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 4

Kanye West's Children 'Stabilize' Him, Source Says: He's 'Really Excited' for Baby No. 4

Children as psychotropic medication.

Kanye West feels most at peace when he is home with his kids.

And while West is famous for his music, Yeezy fashion line and regularly making headlines for his erratic behavior, when he’s home, he’s content with just being “Dad.”

Kim Kardashian Instagram

“He loves the innocence of children; they’re not judging him. They don’t care what he does for a living,” adds the source. “They don’t read the tabloids. To them, he’s just Dad.”