Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

This is prob mean to say but I think Kim loves how Kanye is. He keeps the family in the news always and she does not care if its bad press or good press. Also she will not divorce him until he is no longer A list status. He is still getting respect at this point from lots of important ppl for some reason and I’m sure she loves that.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Marley said:

This is prob mean to say but I think Kim loves how Kanye is. He keeps the family in the news always and she does not care if its bad press or good press. Also she will not divorce him until he is no longer A list status. He is still getting respect at this point from lots of important ppl for some reason and I’m sure she loves that.

After these latest rantings, I think people are just waiting to see him on TMZ today, if it’s another shitshow, Kim might have to take action. 

• Love 3

Evans soon retweeted West’s post along with this response: “There’s nothing more maddening than debating someone who doesn’t know history, doesn’t read books, and frames their myopia as virtue. The level of unapologetic conjecture I’ve encountered lately isn’t just frustrating, it’s retrogressive, unprecedented and absolutely terrifying.”

He also shared a quote by writer and professor of biochemistry at Boston University, Isaac Asimov:

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "

Although West quickly tweeted again clarifying that he doesn't think we should abolish the 13th amendment, but amend it, fans quickly sided with the actor, retweeting his answer with their own endorsements.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/chris-evans-slams-kanye-west-for-his-maga-tweet-and-people-are-loving-it/ar-BBNLB8x

Man, Kanye is like a dog with a bone re the 13th Amendment. He's moved from repealing it to amending it but two questions remain: Why and WTF? 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 5

She isn't going anywhere.   Nor is she going to put the safety of her kids first.   Her kids are accessories.    When she wasn't passing as the sexy young thing anymore, she decided for hot mother.   For that you need kids.    

She is using Kanye just as much as everyone else.    He is her ticket to respectability.   She wasn't going to the Met Gala until she got with him.   She would still be very much D list if not for him.   He is her entrance to AList celebrity.   She is not giving it up no matter how unhinged his rants are.

• Love 10

At this point Kim has enough name recognition and money that she doesn't need him especially with KKW Beauty  getting bigger and getting buzz outside the KUWTK base.  The more he shoots his mouth off the more big celebrities will want nothing to do with him. There is still some respect there but between the Trump support and the joke of an SNL appearance the support is winding. Chris Rock who use to be friends with him was laughing at his tirade the other night. And as I said yesterday, I don't believe for a second she would allow him to harm those kids if he starts to get uncontrollable. Kim may be an obnoxious narcissistic but she's not a monster. 

• Love 7

Listening to Kanye on TMZ today,   This man has some serious mental heath issues.  His thought process is racing and in pieces.  His rambling(s) bearly makes sense, there's a lack of consistency with finishing a sentence, let alone a topic he started, or a topic Harvey asked Kanye W about.  Kanye as a  celebrity I could care less about hm.  But him as a person I have an empathy for him, because he really needs psychiatric help asap.  There a element that Kanye could possibly become very detatched from life.  I hope he doesn't become violent with others, or instigates someone to become voilent towards him.

IMO he's seems very psychotic.  I hope Kim keeps a watchful eye on Kanye, if he decompensates (melts down) Kim is going need a plan to deal with him.

Edited by ImaTart
Grammar
  • Love 5

The TMZ interview.,..

He is off the rails. Kim must be texting him and telling him to shut the fuck up. 

I’m betting he’s in for another bout of dehydration and exhaustion within the next week.

• Love 9

Holy shit his fans are PISSED. The album that he promised would be out Saturday night is now coming out 11/23..so he can record in Africa. 

I wish we could have seen Harvey Levin's expression when he was rattling on about how he could wear what he wants because he is a God.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Holy shit his fans are PISSED. The album that he promised would be out Saturday night is now coming out 11/23..so he can record in Africa. 

I wish we could have seen Harvey Levin's expression when he was rattling on about how he could wear what he wants because he is a God.

I bet he scrapped that album like he rewrote the last one last minute. He basically said it wasn’t what he wanted.

the money he is pissing away must kill Kim.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ImaTart said:

But him as a person I have an empathy for him, because he really needs psychiatric help asap. 

He's had medical help, but he decided not to take his medicine. Feeling sorry for him can only go so far, if he makes the decision to be a nut case, then I have no sympathy for him.

• Love 12

I feel sorry for all of them - Kanye, Kim and the kids. Kim is going to have to get a handle on it, to protect all of them and to understand the illness - there’s often a genetic component and she may have to deal with it more than once. I’ve seen a friend try to handle it in multiple generations and it’s so heartbreaking.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, GaT said:

He's had medical help, but he decided not to take his medicine. Feeling sorry for him can only go so far, if he makes the decision to be a nut case, then I have no sympathy for him.

There’s no way this guy should be out and about unmedicated. My guess is that Kim and Kris have him closely followed and monitored. There were a couple of men at the TMZ interview that were talking to him and seemed to be “suggesting” that he stop speaking about certain topics. Not sure if they were his people or just TMZ production people. 

He needs a serious stint in a facility that won’t be star struck or influenced by him or the Kardashian machine. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, nexxie said:

I feel sorry for all of them - Kanye, Kim and the kids. Kim is going to have to get a handle on it, to protect all of them and to understand the illness - there’s often a genetic component and she may have to deal with it more than once. I’ve seen a friend try to handle it in multiple generations and it’s so heartbreaking.

He says he had his first “blackout” at 5 and his mom didn’t medicate him, cause she didn’t want to or didn’t believe it could help. Today he says he was a child prodigy. I think that is probably a delusion of his. 

The kids are getting to that same age, Kim needs to keep a close eye on them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GaT said:

I really believe he's suffering from some type of schizophrenia - perhaps schizoaffective disorder most likely along with bi-polar syptoms as well.   In addition, Kanye's public appearances should be limited while he's displaying bizarre thinking, compulsive talking, having a inflated importance of his own self, and a unrealistic sense of superiority.   All the attention he's seeking & getting sets him up to him act even more delusional.

(I was employed in the mental health field for 18 years.   I learned some people who are diagnosed with having Bi-Polar & a schizophrenia disorder are often the most difficult to stay compliant with their treatment plans. They become unmanageable by not taking their medications daily & withdraw from on-going psychiatric care for their illness.)  

Edited by ImaTart
Grammar
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

He says he had his first “blackout” at 5 and his mom didn’t medicate him, cause she didn’t want to or didn’t believe it could help. Today he says he was a child prodigy. I think that is probably a delusion of his. 

The kids are getting to that same age, Kim needs to keep a close eye on them.

Poor little Kanye, only five :(

Kim should also get everybody’s dna done and work with a good functional doctor to make sure they’re all getting the nutrients/vitamins they need, according to their genetic snps. Just because you have a snp doesn’t mean it will “express,” but many eventually do when there’s another factor like a virus, bacterial infection or other stress. The right nutrients can make a difference.

Just as an example: https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs2535629

46 minutes ago, ImaTart said:

I really believe he's suffering from some type of schizophrenia - perhaps schizoaffective disorder most likely along with bi-polar syptoms as well.   In addition, Kanye's public appearances should be limited while he's displaying bizarre thinking, compulsive talking, having a inflated importance of his own self, and a unrealistic sense of superiority.   All the attention he's seeking & getting sets him up to him act even more delusional.

(I was employed in the mental health field for 18 years.   I learned some people who are diagnosed with having Bi-Polar & a schizophrenia disorder are often the most difficult to stay compliant with their treatment plans. They become unmanageable by not taking their medications daily & withdraw from on-going psychiatric care for their illness.)  

Kanye definitely appears to be bipolar. He doesn't want to medicate because it subdues him and he doesn't like that. Kim should be very concerned about the genetic component of this condition and her young children.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Yep. My sister-in-law has schizophrenia. My brother knew she had some issues when they were dating but he had no idea just what he was getting himself into when he married her until their 3rd year of marriage. If he knew then what he knows now...Now my nephew who's 11 is already showing some early signs of something.  Teachers are noticing behavioral problems. Hopefully North, Saint and Chicago will escape inheriting the problems that plague Kanye.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Poor little Kanye, only five :(

Kim should also get everybody’s dna done and work with a good functional doctor to make sure they’re all getting the nutrients/vitamins they need, according to their genetic snps. Just because you have a snp doesn’t mean it will “express,” but many eventually do when there’s another factor like a virus, bacterial infection or other stress. The right nutrients can make a difference.

Just as an example: https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs2535629

Oh!!!! Kris can make a whole episode about it!!! A new Kardashian product with endorsements and money!!!’ Kim will pose naked for the package design, Kourt will  give her mom a hard time about scheduling her availability. Rob will be a no show etc,...

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Oh!!!! Kris can make a whole episode about it!!! A new Kardashian product with endorsements and money!!!’ Kim will pose naked for the package design, Kourt will  give her mom a hard time about scheduling her availability. Rob will be a no show etc,...

Your post is comical. ?  It did make me laugh.  Oddly, I would not be surprised if Kim & Kris try to rake in some ca$h on Kanye's mental health or tag teaming it with Rob's mental health too. I bet the thought of a "reality mental health show" is bouncing around in the heads of Kim & Kris.

• Love 3

Can you see Kim in a PSA about mental health?

Neon pink outfit, duck lips, dead in the eyes look, “umming” “liking” “ you knowing “ and “like literally-ing” her way thru some script.

They can discuss the difficulties of scheduling all their red carpet events around visiting hours on the psych ward, the lack of amenities for celebs that are visiting patients, no lockers for them to put their jewelry and fur coats, lack of wi-fi, no private elevators, “hospital food” etc

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 11

E! has some info about the SNL show last Saturday, and Kanye's role in it.

https://www.etonline.com/how-kim-kardashian-reacted-to-kanye-wests-snl-rant-more-of-what-you-didnt-see-on-tv-110714

He claims he was "bullied" into wearing the MAGA hat. Yes, Kanye West claims he was bullied.  The same Kanye West who interrupted Taylor Switf's acceptance speech was bullied.

"They bullied me," West said during his controversial comments over the weekend. "They bullied me backstage talking about, 'Don't go out there with that hat on.' They bullied me backstage."

SNL says  no one bullied him

"As far as West wearing his red "Make America Great Again" hat, the source says no one at SNL told Kanye not to wear it despite the rapper's claims that he was bullied by the show. In fact, West wore the hat during the show's promos with host Adam Driver and cast member Kenan Thompson."

As far as his Trump remarks:

"A source tells ET that the plan was for 41-year-old West to perform three songs, and he kept performing the third song -- "Ghost Town" featuring Kid Cudi and 070 Shake -- even after the show went off the air at 1 a.m. West then called the cast back on the stage after they left as he continued performing, which is when he began his rant. At that point, the show had been off the air for several minutes.

The source says West's wife, Kim Kardashian, as well as sister-in-law Kourtney Kardashian and their kids were all in the studio after the show ended. During West's unexpected comments to the crowd, the source says Kim just stared at him and didn’t seem fazed by it, although he did receive audible boos from the crowd. Other celebrities in the audience included Chris Rock -- who posted West's comments on his Instagram Story -- as well as Aziz Ansari and Jonah Hill."

• Love 4

Kanye also tweeted that Lorne approached him and said he wants him to come back and host the show before the year is up. Its quite possible he hallucinates things. Maybe in his mind something as simple as someone suggesting he not wear the cap=bullying.

Here's an example of just how bad its getting with the backlash against him, now the Yeezy brand is starting to get hit

• Love 4
23 hours ago, suomi said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/chris-evans-slams-kanye-west-for-his-maga-tweet-and-people-are-loving-it/ar-BBNLB8x

Man, Kanye is like a dog with a bone re the 13th Amendment. He's moved from repealing it to amending it but two questions remain: Why and WTF? 

When the 13th Amendment was introduced, it abolished slavery except for those who are criminals. So basically, throw someone in jail and you can use them as a slave/indentured servant. As soon as the 13th Amendment was passed, black people ended up getting thrown in jail and serving long sentences for petty crimes like being outside their homes too late past curfew (while white people were not given curfews at all) or thrown in jail without fair trial over minor and major accusations, etc. So that 13th Amendment still provided a legal loophole that targeted blacks and still made them into slaves. For all of the intelligent people who have stepped in to make a more intelligent argument than Kanye, yes, I happen to agree with the sentiment that it needs to be amended because right now it promotes incarceration of petty crimes so that for profit prisons can use prisoners as indentured servants. Prisons have deals with big companies and from the money they get in these contracts, they pay prisoners on the cents per hour to do work that these companies would have to pay $11-14/hr if they sourced the work elsewhere in the US. All that said, Kanye is still crazy and his comments about the 13th Amendment and saying slavery never left is completely contradictory to his TMZ interview months back where he claimed that slavery was so long ago that at some point, it became a choice for people. After what he said, he can't advocate for change to a system that was designed to oppress people of colour without first acknowledging that he was dead ass wrong for his slavery comments in the past because it's not possible to believe that both those things are true.

• Love 4

Why were the kids at SNL?  I can’t think of a less appropriate place for children to be hanging out (I’m sure I can think of plenty of inappropriate places for kids, but...).  It’s 1 AM for starters.  And from everything I’ve ever heard or read about SNL it sounds like the booze, drugs and sex are rampant.  Maybe I’m just a prude.

• Love 8

I wouldnt allow my 2 and 5 year old children out till 1am, but they allow 16 year olds into SNL tapings so I really doubt drugs and sex are running rampant in the studio when they have guests and audience members. Maybe behind closed doors and maybe the after parties but the actual taping? Really doubtful. 

• Love 3

Seriously?  First of all, I can't believe the check didn't bounce.

https://people.com/style/kanye-west-wrote-kim-kardashian-check-1-million-dollars/

"When Kim Kardashian West was offered the opportunity to do a sponsored post with a clothing brand for $1 million, she wanted to know what husband Kanye West thought before taking the deal.  

“It is great money, but the brand was typically knockoff Yeezy, so I said let me ask Kanye how he feels about it,” Kardashian West, 37, tells Ashley Graham on her debut episode of her podcast, Pretty Big Deal.

West, 41, told his wife to turn it down and she obliged. But to make up for the lost business opportunity, the Yeezy designer sent Kardashian West a $1 million check for Mother’s Day two weeks later....."

She goes on to say that she did cash the check, and he also gave her an ownership percentage in Yeezy. 

“In the rest of the envelope, it was a full, thick contract to be an owner of Yeezy to my have my percentage,” Kardashian West says."

I hope he's not holding his breath waiting for her to return the favor by giving him a percentage of her KKW line.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

“In the rest of the envelope, it was a full, thick contract to be an owner of Yeezy to my have my percentage,” Kardashian West says."

God grant me the serenity to not plunge my fist into the hallway mirror after reading this self-satisfied, self-promoting drivel.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Seriously?  First of all, I can't believe the check didn't bounce.

https://people.com/style/kanye-west-wrote-kim-kardashian-check-1-million-dollars/

"When Kim Kardashian West was offered the opportunity to do a sponsored post with a clothing brand for $1 million, she wanted to know what husband Kanye West thought before taking the deal.  

“It is great money, but the brand was typically knockoff Yeezy, so I said let me ask Kanye how he feels about it,” Kardashian West, 37, tells Ashley Graham on her debut episode of her podcast, Pretty Big Deal.

West, 41, told his wife to turn it down and she obliged. But to make up for the lost business opportunity, the Yeezy designer sent Kardashian West a $1 million check for Mother’s Day two weeks later....."

She goes on to say that she did cash the check, and he also gave her an ownership percentage in Yeezy. 

I hope he's not holding his breath waiting for her to return the favor by giving him a percentage of her KKW line.

Kim, who already has a ton of money, felt the need to discuss with her husband the business opportunity of promoting a brand that supposedly knocks off his creations....why is that even a conversation? Are you so hard pressed for $1M that this would even be a discussion? Wouldn't a good partner have the business ethics and familial loyalty to say 'no' without discussion given that neither one is in a position where money is an issue? Instead, she took the moment to demonstrate how ride or die she is that she would consider giving up money for him and in the end, she gladly accepts a gift of money from her husband that more than compensates for the money she lost out on for what should have been an easy, ethical decision to make.

And to make it all worse is that she described Kanye as the best husband ever for doing it. Not the best husband ever being supportive or being a good partner, or for always making her a priority...he's the best husband because he gave her a percentage of his company. Her desire for money and fame genuinely has no boundaries it seems.

• Love 11

Oh boo hoo Kim lost out an a million dollars. Yes its a lot of money but its a drop in the bucket for someone who is worth $350 million.  And let that sink in for a minute - she gets a million dollars just for posting a pic on social media. SMH.

• Love 5

I only feel sorry for the 3 kids. Those 3 kids are already suffering because of their idiot parents. All that money that Kim, Kanye, Kylie, & (especially) Kris has is not going to make their lives any better. 

As for Kanye, he is not worth a damn anymore to me. He is basically a loose cannon right now & I don't see much hope of an improvement from him. This is certainly going to end very badly for him. We all warned Kanye about laying down with dogs (Kim) & getting fleas. But, he thinks he's smarter than all of us. Now, he's paying the price because of it & its going to get much worse for him. 

As for Kim, I have absolutely no sympathy for her either.  Deep down, she is probably enjoying the madness that Kanye is spewing out. It gets her talked about even more on the Daily Mail & TMZ.

Kanye definitely appears to be bipolar. He doesn't want to medicate because it subdues him and he doesn't like that. Kim should be very concerned about the genetic component of this condition and her young children.

Do you really think Kim thinks & cares about this type of stuff? I seriously doubt that.

Oh boo hoo Kim lost out an a million dollars. Yes its a lot of money but its a drop in the bucket for someone who is worth $350 million.  And let that sink in for a minute - she gets a million dollars just for posting a pic on social media. SMH.

I'm playing my small violin for Kim over this. She cares a lot more about that than Kanye's well being (or whats left of him) & the 3 kids.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 4
On 10/2/2018 at 12:14 PM, geauxaway said:

Why were the kids at SNL?  I can’t think of a less appropriate place for children to be hanging out (I’m sure I can think of plenty of inappropriate places for kids, but...).  It’s 1 AM for starters.  And from everything I’ve ever heard or read about SNL it sounds like the booze, drugs and sex are rampant.  Maybe I’m just a prude.

Depending on the parents, I can see concern with the suitability of the content of the show itself and for small children, how late the show runs but I would be really surprised if booze, drugs and sex run rampant in any corners that the audience is exposed to. I would think that if that's the case, it's happening behind closed doors and people organizing their own after parties but not something that's built into the audience experience.

• Love 1

Didn’t Kim do an interview a while back about how important it is to spend time with your husband after the kids arrive? 

I guess being a MILF isn’t enough to keep your man satisfied, he needs special bandages to compete with a 5 yr old. Maybe her book of selfies doesn’t do the trick anymore.

And why did Kim have to go to the drugstore? Why not use Amazon or at least get one of her many assistants to go?

Nothing wrong with doing something special for someone you love.... buying their favorite candy bar, ice cream, magazine etc while you are out shopping and surprising them. But for a 40 yr old man to even notice bandages and carry on LIKE a five yr old... that is way over the top. 

Kris is buddies with Harvey Levin, no way he would have exploited Kanye’s nuttiness if Kris didn’t okay it. That interview is all part of the evidence that they’ll use to get him put away. 

• Love 5

What I don't get is why Kanye is filming a music video in the TMZ parking lot. There are a billion of places he could have chosen, why their parking lot? Which came first the video shoot or the interview?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Kim, who already has a ton of money, felt the need to discuss with her husband the business opportunity of promoting a brand that supposedly knocks off his creations....why is that even a conversation? Are you so hard pressed for $1M that this would even be a discussion? Wouldn't a good partner have the business ethics and familial loyalty to say 'no' without discussion given that neither one is in a position where money is an issue? Instead, she took the moment to demonstrate how ride or die she is that she would consider giving up money for him and in the end, she gladly accepts a gift of money from her husband that more than compensates for the money she lost out on for what should have been an easy, ethical decision to make.

And to make it all worse is that she described Kanye as the best husband ever for doing it. Not the best husband ever being supportive or being a good partner, or for always making her a priority...he's the best husband because he gave her a percentage of his company. Her desire for money and fame genuinely has no boundaries it seems.

This. 1000 times.  

And why not take the million dollars and donate it to a charity.  I bet the homeless that the K’s were all so concerned about a couple of seasons ago could have used that money, along with countless other charities.  Bet it never even crossed her mind.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GaT said:

What I don't get is why Kanye is filming a music video in the TMZ parking lot. There are a billion of places he could have chosen, why their parking lot? Which came first the video shoot or the interview?

The spectacle of it all? Clearly I don’t get his music because all I saw was a rip off of tons  of National Geographic documentaries about Africa. Groups of villagers in the heat and dust dancing around some woman in a neon pink leotard (okay, she wasn’t in the documentaries) and chanting. He thinks he’s being original or cutting edge, why do I think 90% of those in that video probably received     little or nothing in compensation? That he had no permit or insurance, he just hustled and builied his way into getting them to allow it? But Harvey is slick, he let the crazy show thru loud and clear. Gave Kris and Kim evidence they may need to get this guy the help he thinks he doesn’t need. Or to get a nice divorce and supervised visitation of the kids.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7

How did we miss his climbing on the desks at the Institute in Detroit and ordering people to leave “that man (Elon Musk) alone”......

I guess he’ll be banned from there soon.

Maybe that is why Kim is posing in some vintage hockey puck bikini bra and thong. She reeks of desperation. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, iwasish said:

The spectacle of it all? Clearly I don’t get his music because all I saw was a rip off of tons  of National Geographic documentaries about Africa. Groups of villagers in the heat and dust dancing around some woman in a neon pink leotard (okay, she wasn’t in the documentaries) and chanting. He thinks he’s being original or cutting edge, why do I think 90% of those in that video probably received     little or nothing in compensation? That he had no permit or insurance, he just hustled and builied his way into getting them to allow it? But Harvey is slick, he let the crazy show thru loud and clear. Gave Kris and Kim evidence they may need to get this guy the help he thinks he doesn’t need. Or to get a nice divorce and supervised visitation of the kids.

The spastic gyrations of Kanye and his dancers in the TMZ parking lot (!) have nothing to do with the rich traditions and specific meaning of African dance movements and steps passed down through centuries -- each country and area in that huge continent with its own individual traditions. Kanye always strikes me as superficial and shallow, his conceit not allowing him to take the time or effort to research the background of whatever issue or cause he’s pontificating about. So whenever he does go out to “somewhere in Africa”, I hope he leaves “Ye” behind and is humble and honest enough to really absorb the culture and history and let it inform his artistic point of view and his message.

Also, he needs to take his meds. STAT. For himself, not for Kris & Kim and their PR agenda.

• Love 2