Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Yep Sunday, here's one of the preview clips lol

There was another listening party last night, this time for Kanye's joint album with Kid Cudi in Santa Clara. This party seemed to be bigger than the Wyoming party. Saw Kris and Kourtney there in Kim's Instagram stories.

• Love 1

I just got the chance to watch my recording of Family Feud this morning. In the entire length of the show Kanye showed more personality than I think I ever saw out of him. He also couldnt stop smiling. Dude really likes that show.  I really liked his family that was on too.

• Love 3

I saw it last night and I thought it was really cute. I don't know why Steve originally said Kim didn't know anything because I thought she did really well. The couple of times she got strikes I thought her answers were good, they just weren't up there.

Kanye's family was a lot of fun though and I'm glad they won the money for the children's hospital. I thought Khloe was unnecessarily bitchy towards Kim.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I just got the chance to watch my recording of Family Feud this morning. In the entire length of the show Kanye showed more personality than I think I ever saw out of him. He also couldnt stop smiling. Dude really likes that show.  I really liked his family that was on too.

He clearly was having enjoying himself..  He should smile more - his smile is wonderful, and it was nice to see him having so much fun.  I liked his family too, especially the cousin who gave the “brunch” answer. I also liked when Steve Harvey asked his cousin what she did and she replied “whatever Kanye wants”.  They all seemed down to earth. Did anyone else catch him high fiving some of the audience members after they won the $25000.  

• Love 2
On 08/06/2018 at 1:53 AM, beagletime said:

When does it air? I love a smiling, laughing Kanye.  I wish he'd show more of that side.

That requires a whole lot of careful titration.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I saw it last night and I thought it was really cute. I don't know why Steve originally said Kim didn't know anything because I thought she did really well. The couple of times she got strikes I thought her answers were good, they just weren't up there.

Kanye's family was a lot of fun though and I'm glad they won the money for the children's hospital. I thought Khloe was unnecessarily bitchy towards Kim.

From what I've seen, Khloe seems consistently nice to Kendell and Kylie but all of her other family members are prone to receive underhanded jabs, that are sometimes unprovoked. Maybe that's just the nature of their relationship I guess.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2018 at 1:10 PM, BitterApple said:

That Fast Money game was pathetic though. Those were SUCH easy questions, and even moreso ones where the obvious/most correct answers would automatically have big percentages/scores. It was such a clear and obvious put up job by the show to make it easy for them.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kromm said:

That Fast Money game was pathetic though. Those were SUCH easy questions, and even moreso ones where the obvious/most correct answers would automatically have big percentages/scores. It was such a clear and obvious put up job by the show to make it easy for them.

I've noticed Celebrity Family Feud is always softball questions for the Fast Money round. Similar to how Celebrity Jeopardy is so much easier than the original. I guess it wouldn't be in the spirit of charity if they made it so hard nobody ever won the money, plus I'm sure the producers know celebs aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Its like he manages to keep coming up with the most hideous things

Well, if you want to bring attention to your camel toe, this is certainly the outfit to wear. 

• Love 10

It's not even original (as usual), everyone is showing fanny packs worn cross chest this year, he's just following along with the crowd.

• Love 5

There was a long wide ranging interview with him in the NYTimes. 

It sounds like he is taking his meds as HE  decides to, not as prescribed. Says he thinks about suicide a lot. Was concerned that Kim was thinking of divorcing him after the slavery comment. That she pretty much ordered him to tweet that message saying he didn’t agree with all of Trumps policies. 

IMO he is eventually going to crack again. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

IMO he is eventually going to crack again. 

Roger that. It's incredibly sad when someone's illness/disorder tells them that they don't require medication. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 8

He's definitely going to crack again. Kanye talked about Kim wanting him to do some Tony Robbins exercise in their living room and he was self-conscious because their staff was around. I know Kim is probably at the end of her rope, but she really shouldn't be attempting that sort of thing. She's not a doctor and self-help books can't cure mental illness. It honestly sounds like Kanye needs to be in a treatment facility, especially if he's having suicidal thoughts.

• Love 5
(edited)

I have relatives who have battled mental and I understand how difficult they are and because of how close to home bipolar disorder is for me I root for anyone who is suffering. My niece when she was only 9 found my sister-in law collapsed on the floor after taking a Xanax and vodka. I will never make fun of anyone who is sick. I'm not a Kanye fan but I'm rooting for him. I feel for him. I want to see him better for the sake of his children. I give credit to Kim for tolerating him for as long as she has because God knows not everyone can when your other half has a mental illness.. but something is so wrong here. In this case her constant defense of him is sad it because it makes me think she's in denial that he has serious psychological problems. That NY Times interview is fucking disturbing. I would bet anything she's afraid of leaving him out of fear he would fly off the deep end, but they both seriously need a wake up call. Saying "suicide is always an option" is DISTURBING. He needs major treatment and medication.

Forgot to add I agree Kim shouldn't try helping him herself with books or  self help gurus and such but I do think she should convince him to go to a legit place for real help.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

It's bad for business - she's protecting the brand

If he’s discussing suicide around the house like he did in that interview, I imagine she’s scared he’ll off himself and knowing his personality,  I’d bet he’d leave some written, recorded final ramblings, possibly even casting blame or revealing private information.

Apart from the devastating impact a suicide would have on his kids, no  way Kim wants to be known as the widow of a rapper who killed himself. Even Kris couldn’t spin that. 

• Love 5

Apart from the devastating impact a suicide would have on his kids, no  way Kim wants to be known as the widow of a rapper who killed himself. Even Kris couldn’t spin that. 

I’d bet he’d leave some written, recorded final ramblings, possibly even casting blame or revealing private information.

This would be the spin - ie VanGogh was poor and paintings didn't sell until after death.... "Kanye the secret tapes" - hell yeah PMK could make that work.  Then True's Bald Baby Weaves would be put on the back burner along with the KardASSian butt wipers. 

• Love 1

In another 5 years , that kid is gonna look unrecognizable . And not because she got older , but because of everything she's gonna do to change her natural appearance . 

• Love 9

If he wanted confident children, he shouldn't have married a woman who spends every waking minute nipping, tucking, photoshopping and filtering. How is North supposed to embrace her looks when her mother is never happy with her own?

• Love 14

Kim Kardashian West let daughter take topless photo of her

So agree with the above post.  Can't express the degree of wrongness I felt, for example, at the above link.  It will be interesting to see at what (way too young) point those Kardashian female children will start with the chemical/surgical enhancements.  Wasn't Kylie 16? 

And I don't feel the Kardashian sisters reveal all the alterations that they do.  Not that they have to, it is their business.  But they make it mine by being so public, can't help but compare before and after pictures.  Actually the media does that for me.  I truly thought the Kardashian sisters were quite lovely prior to all the chemicals and surgical procedures.  

Kanye's influence, although I have no idea what he is like around his family, seems to laud Kim's choices.  So the West children have seemingly a double whammy, an external appearance obsession from both parents.

Videos below, click to play:

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 2
On 03/08/2018 at 3:22 AM, vast wasteland said:

Kim Kardashian West let daughter take topless photo of her

So agree with the above post.  Can't express the degree of wrongness I felt, for example, at the above link.  It will be interesting to see at what (way too young) point those Kardashian female children will start with the chemical/surgical enhancements.  Wasn't Kylie 16? 

And I don't feel the Kardashian sisters reveal all the alterations that they do.  Not that they have to, it is their business.  But they make it mine by being so public, can't help but compare before and after pictures.  Actually the media does that for me.  I truly thought the Kardashian sisters were quite lovely prior to all the chemicals and surgical procedures.  

Kanye's influence, although I have no idea what he is like around his family, seems to laud Kim's choices.  So the West children have seemingly a double whammy, an external appearance obsession from both parents.

Videos below, click to play:

Th  second thumbnail made me think it was Jerri Blank.  

• Love 1
On 8/3/2018 at 12:40 PM, vast wasteland said:

There was a  blind on CDAN about this.  Essentially the blind was something like "This rapper is not almost a billionaire but wants everyone to think he is - the publications that went with that story basically regurgitated what the  "momanger" told them without checking anything."

Most people guessed Kayne because everyone  knows who the "momanger" is.

• Love 5

If you want to get technical Kim is the one who said he's almost a billionare. That same week that above article came out saying that the Yeezy brand is valued at 1.5 billion. I had wondered if Kim learned about the Yeezy value before it made it to print and simply took that and turned the story into something that sounded better. IF Kanye decided to sell Yeezy he could become potentially become a billionaire. Fwiw I don't find it hard the value hard to believe because Yeezy is one of Adidas' big sellers and Adidas is worth about 7 billion.

Jimmy Kimmel’s Full Interview with Kanye West

I think this is the first time I have ever listened to Kanye speaking in a regular conversation.  I found myself nodding in agreement several times.  That's assuming I correctly interpreted his word salad.  Never woulda thunk it.  Kinda came away liking him.

Also would have liked to be a fly on the wall after they went to break when Jimmy Kimmel confronted Kanye with the border separations.  When they came back from the break there was no further mention of that topic.

08.10.189:15 AM Kanye couldn’t answer this question from Jimmy Kimmel about Trump

p-1-kanye-couldnand8217t-answer-this-que

Edited by vast wasteland

$50k is quite reasonable for a pool, start to finish.  Maybe they meant $5 million?

It really is. I have a friend who spent more than that on her pool and hardscaping.  And she's not nearly at the income level of Kim & Kanye.  Maybe $500,000?  They must have missed a zero somewhere.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, vast wasteland said:

Jimmy Kimmel’s Full Interview with Kanye West

I think this is the first time I have ever listened to Kanye speaking in a regular conversation.  I found myself nodding in agreement several times.  That's assuming I correctly interpreted his word salad.  Never woulda thunk it.  Kinda came away liking him.

Also would have liked to be a fly on the wall after they went to break when Jimmy Kimmel confronted Kanye with the border separations.  When they came back from the break there was no further mention of that topic.

08.10.189:15 AM Kanye couldn’t answer this question from Jimmy Kimmel about Trump

p-1-kanye-couldnand8217t-answer-this-que

It was almost like he had never heard about it.  Maybe his doctors tell him to avoid the news?  Anyway, he totally dodged answering that question.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Wavy said:

It was almost like he had never heard about it.  Maybe his doctors tell him to avoid the news?  Anyway, he totally dodged answering that question.

More likely Kim told him to keep his mouth shut about the President. She still has pardons to secure.

I thought he was just spouting a lot of nonsense and even Kimmel couldn’t follow half of what he was talking about, he was just trying to get him to say something controversial or whacked out. 

The way he kept looking to the audience to see if he was getting the reaction he wanted was off putting, 

• Love 8
(edited)

Unlike Tyga, Kanye waited until Kylie was 21 to talk about having sex with her (and her sisters)

https://www.eonline.com/news/959525/kanye-west-says-he-would-smash-kim-kardashian-s-4-sisters-in-new-song-xtcy?cmpid=rd-xfinity-comcast-eonline

And take a good look at the picture in the article, Kourtney is the only one with her eyes closed, do you think Kim picked it? And what's with Khloe's boobs? Did she get a boob job?

Edited by GaT
I lost an X
  • Love 1