Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Kanye’s in Chicago, dancing on table tops in the Sugar Factory, sparklers blazing, encouraging Chance the Rapper to join him and bring his daughter, while someone hands Saint to him. Luckily someone extinguished the sparklers.

Has Kim decided that Saint is the child she’s willing to sacrifice to the crazy?  Is he the Rob of the West family?

• Love 13

Funny thing is Kim posted yesterday a room filled with flowers he sent her and a card that said on the front "my <3". I had wondered if they had a fight and that was his way of apologizing.

Yeah a new account would be starting from zero. He had like 30 million followers on Instagram.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Funny thing is Kim posted yesterday a room filled with flowers he sent her and a card that said on the front "my <3". I had wondered if they had a fight and that was his way of apologizing.

Yeah a new account would be starting from zero. He had like 30 million followers on Instagram.

All he needs to do is go off on a rant about something stupid and the 30 million are back!!

• Love 7

I don't know how Instagram works but he would have to have a new Twitter account verified (to be sure it belongs to the real Kanye West).   I don't think the process is too complicated, but it does take a couple of weeks, I think. 

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

I don't know how Instagram works but he would have to have a new Twitter account verified (to be sure it belongs to the real Kanye West).   I don't think the process is too complicated, but it does take a couple of weeks, I think. 

I don’t get how Kim can just shut it down and he goes along like a meek lamb. They certainly have a strange dynamic in their relationship. She runs herself ragged in Japan dealing with his calls and demands on how to  show his collection as if she’s afraid of messing up, but she can shut him down on social media and he rolls over. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t get how Kim can just shut it down and he goes along like a meek lamb. They certainly have a strange dynamic in their relationship. She runs herself ragged in Japan dealing with his calls and demands on how to  show his collection as if she’s afraid of messing up, but she can shut him down on social media and he rolls over. 

They are all such liars, it's hard to ascertain the truth in anything they do.

• Love 8

The rumor that Kim shut the accounts down came from a blind item so I wouldn't take it as gospel or equate it to the Kardashians lying about it. Blind items can print anything they want for hits and they can't be held accountable for bullshit since they don't say names. I mean, it wouldn't shock me if Kim did but who knows. Or like Wendy Williams suggested, maybe multiple people in the family convinced him to shut down. Kanye is also being managed again by his old manager so he could have been advised by him.

OMG, He s gone.... over the edge.... full on nutcase. Trump can’t even keep a straight face, nor can the others there. Kanye keeps putting his two hands on his hat, like he’s afraid it will disappear.

He’s talking a mile a minute and says incarcerated prisoners should work in his factories. He’s all over the place.

• Love 17

Kanye West is a disgrace. What a shame!  He is decompensating before our eyes. Kim needs to do something asap. He needs help and it is sad that a Black man is letting himself be used like this. I will never understand how Kanye is being manipulated into becoming an object of derision.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

She would probably crawl into a hole right now if she could find one that her ass would fit in.

I am never going to be able to get the vision of a giant balloon ass sticking up from a hole in the ground out of my head now.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kanye West is a disgrace. What a shame!  He is decompensating before our eyes. Kim needs to do something asap. He needs help and it is sad that a Black man is letting himself be used like this. I will never understand how Kanye is being manipulated into becoming an object of derision.  

The red hat, the blue Prison “trustee” shirt buttoned right up to his windpipe, that imbecilic grin. The stupid comments about the 13th floor and the 13th amendment, have inmates work in his factories.

He’s not being used, he’s nuts. 

• Love 14

West was invited to the White House to have lunch with the president, former NFL star Jim Brown, and the president's son-in-law and top adviser Jared Kushner to discuss manufacturing, prison reform and gang violence. But West, launching into a more than 10-minute, profanity-infused soliloquy, waxed about being mistakenly diagnosed as bipolar, about his family situation, and about his support for Mr. Trump, among other things. He also said he won't consider running for president "until 2024," instead voicing his support for Mr. Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/that-was-quite-something-kanye-west-steals-the-show-at-the-white-house/ar-BBOfcxA

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What factories does he have?

I think he wants to build them or use the prison facility and inmates to make his  fashion line and sneakers. It was hard to follow his rambling nonsense.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I think he wants to build them or use the prison facility and inmates to make his  fashion line and sneakers. It was hard to follow his rambling nonsense.

That makes perfect sense, because as Kanye has told us, slavery is a choice. All those prison inmates would want to be slave labor for Kanye, what an honor.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, GaT said:

That makes perfect sense, because as Kanye has told us, slavery is a choice. All those prison inmates would want to be slave labor for Kanye, what an honor.

But didn’t he say that the reason for amending/abolishing the 13th amendment was because it allowed prisoners to be used as cheap/free labor. Now suddenly they can be imprisoned and work.... but for him, and that is okay?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

The red hat, the blue Prison “trustee” shirt buttoned right up to his windpipe, that imbecilic grin. The stupid comments about the 13th floor and the 13th amendment, have inmates work in his factories.

He’s not being used, he’s nuts. 

I see the situation completely in reverse. Kanye is severely and obviously mentally ill and because of that he is being used by Trump and his like-minded cohorts. I think it's beyond sad, it's pitiful to see someone decompensating to this degree. Kim needs to put prison reform, posing and everything else on the back burner for now and focus on an immediate intervention for her husband. Otherwise, I see some real tragedy looming.

Edited by Veronique Bette
Typo
  • Love 12

From Rolling Stone:

He pitched the president on a plane to replace Air Force One called the “iPlane 1.” He talked about how he had been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder (he was actually just sleep-deprived). He became the first person to publicly say “motherfucker” in the president’s office. Bloomberg White House reporter Jennifer Jacobs called it the wildest Oval Office event she’s ever seen.

A particularly surreal moment came when West explained why he finds Trump so appealing.

“I’m married to a family where there’s not a lot of male energy going on,” he said. “There’s something about … I love Hillary. I love everyone. But the campaign ‘I’m With Her’ just didn’t make me feel, as a guy that didn’t get to see his dad all the time, like a guy who could play catch with his son. There was something about when I put this hat on that made me feel like Superman. That’s my favorite superhero. You made a Superman cape for me.”

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Or course his rants were profanity  laden. At the White House. I can’t imagine what his kids are exposed to.

When he was talking about the trap door, Pres. Trump’s expression.... “ why don’t I have a trap door? I could end this mess right now!!”

• Love 7

Can you see him in that ugly ass sterile white  house of theirs, wearing his red hat and cape     jumping off the couches and chairs “ like a bird” “like a plane” “it’s Superman “

I wonder if he bangs Kim wearing the cap and the cape too.

I can’t even feel sorry for her. It’s just so much karma coming back to bite that enormous ass.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

He pitched the president on a plane to replace Air Force One called the “iPlane 1.”

And once again, under the heading of "nothing Kanye does is original" he took somebody else's idea.

The 'iPlane 1' that Kanye West proposed to Trump was a Detroit student's graduate thesis

28 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

All the political shit aside, someone please help this man. He's unwell and it's at the point where Kim needs to have him committed, whether voluntarily or unvoluntarily.

You can't have someone committed just because they're acting nuts. They have to be a danger to themselves or other people for that to happen. Look at Amanda Bynes, she was acting seriously nutso for quite a while & there was nothing her family could do, then she finally set a fire in somebody's driveway & that's what got her put away. Unless they can talk him into committing himself, he's free to be a nut. The last time he was threatening to hurt people, so his doctor was able to get him hospitalized on a 5150.

• Love 11

I posted awhile back, when it became known that Kanye decided to quit taking his meds, that it's very sad when a person's illness or disorder tells them that they don't have an illness. Thinking back on that, re-thinking that a bit ... decisions made when you're not in your right mind are one thing. But decisions made when you're on your meds and in your right mind shine a light on who you are. He enjoys making a spectacle of himself and his meds get in the way of doing that. A whole lotta years ago at an Al-Anon meeting a real nice old cowboy said to me "Sis, sometimes when a drunken horse thief sobers up, you're left with a horse thief." 

• Love 13

It didn't take "sources" long to put the Kardashian spin out there.

https://people.com/music/kanye-west-wont-take-meds-unhinged-white-house-rant/

"Although the Kardashians have been an unwavering support system to him, the source says that “the entire family is at the end of their ropes, and stuff like this won’t help.”

“They’re trying to help him get things where they should be, and it’s going to be that much harder now,” the source adds. “It’s a sad day.”."

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

A decade ago Kanye was calling out Bush for the Hurricane Katrina mess. Now he's sucking up to Trump and calling him his "hero and father figure" while people are having their homes destroyed by another hurricane.

Being mentally ill doesn't make him any less of an asshole.

My dad was mentally ill most of his life and even though I never lived with him--my parents divorced before I was two--we had a tumultuous relationship a lot of the time. In the summer of 2015, his mother died and even though he had had even more of a strained relationship with my grandmother it still hit him hard. He had moved to Mexico for a slower life pace in the Copper Canyon area about 30 years ago but would come back to the Pacific Northwest in the summer to see us, and would stay with her and take care of her during his visits. Although I dealt with verbal woundings for a large portion of my life, it got worse after grandma fell and was in the hospital and then died a week later. He was so difficult to deal with that I started having panic attacks because of how much he was lashing out at me and didn't want to see him anymore before he went back to Mexico.

I've also dealt with depression my entire adult life although I've never been hospitalized for it, unlike my father who had been several times. I was seeing a psychiatrist and it coincided with the summer my grandmother died. So much of my life I tried to make allowances for my father verbally lashing out at me because I know what it's like to be so depressed and not be able to think clearly. But when I had reached the point that summer where I was regularly breaking down in tears from the hurt and for the first time having panic attacks about seeing him, I finally asked her how much leeway I should give him, how much should I excuse even though it was severely impacting me? At least he was on medication. She told me that it was never okay to allow myself to bear the brunt of it and that it was OKAY to put my mental health first. So, yes, even though I was 52, it had never occurred to me that overall it was no excuse for his behavior.

I HATE that that ended up being our last real summer together because the following year the injuries he sustained in a car accident in Mexico left him in ICU, unable to speak or write and he died three months later. At least we'd had good phone calls between those summers and things were on an even keel again and he always said he loved me at the end of a call. I know he tried and I do think that given his major limitations that he did the best he could as a dad. I just wish that I hadn't realized that it was okay to put myself first until so late in life.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 12

His whole demeanor was like a little kid showing off in front of the class, every time he made one of his genius points he would look around the room to make sure everyone “got it”

I can only imagine the conversation amongst the people in the room after he left, a whole lot of “WTF” getting tossed around.

Kris had to be glued to the TV and calling every contact she has to find out what she can do. 

Kim.... at this point, I think is just in denial, I saw a clip of her in an upcoming show saying  “Just because he has a different opinion doesn’t mean he’s mentally ill” . She’s going to have to rethink that now.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, iwasish said:

Can you see him in that ugly ass sterile white  house of theirs, wearing his red hat and cape     jumping off the couches and chairs “ like a bird” “like a plane” “it’s Superman “

The white house decor, when shown up close is HIDEOUS!  It is straight from my grandma's.  I expected more, not sure why.

I am laughing at the visual of Kanye running around with his cape on, like a 5 year old.  

Maybe this was all a performance, to highlight mental illness, bring attention to those suffering?  No, I know it's not.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, iwasish said:

His whole demeanor was like a little kid showing off in front of the class, every time he made one of his genius points he would look around the room to make sure everyone “got it”

Donda didn’t do Kanye any favors by doting on him and encouraging his narcissistic view of himself - and Kris isn’t doing Kim any favors either. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Donda didn’t do Kanye any favors by doting on him and encouraging his narcissistic view of himself - and Kris isn’t doing Kim any favors either. 

I hate to say it and hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, but I've seen this pattern play out quite a bit in single mothers with one male child. My friend has a five year-old, the father's never been in the picture and she puts this kid on a pedestal like he's the reincarnation of Jesus Christ himself. Constantly referring to him as her "prince," it's like her child occupies the space normally reserved for a husband or boyfriend. I'm not saying this is true of every woman in a similar situation, but given Kanye's narcissism, I have a pretty strong suspicion that was the dynamic between him and Donda.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Or Kim with North.

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

47E248FA-580B-43A6-AF48-0ADA1C243700.jpeg

He also announced yesterday at the Apple store that he is heading for Africa.

Nice Moobs Kanye.. 

I’m sure Africa is waiting with baited breath .

• Love 8