Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

My first thought when I read the article, is that Kim has what she needs now, to leave him, take the kids, & get her share of whatever his future profits are. True or not (I vote not, as I still think that all of the West kids were created in the exact same way: in a lab, & implanted into Kim, then their surrogates), there's just no way to justify him saying that, when North will hear about it sooner, rather than later. North is hands-down, the chosen child of both of her parents. If Kanye will publicly run his mouth about this, I can't imagine what he says in private. 

• Love 7

We saw how the family reacted to the episode he had when he made the comments about slavery.  Come on. I know these people are hated but I doubt they are sitting around celebrating right now because of attention. If you watch the actual video of Kanye saying these things its both sad and scary. When he shouts 'I almost killed my daughter" he's hysterical crying. You dont think about logic or ramifications when you are having a manic episode which he is definitely having. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

We saw how the family reacted to the episode he had when he made the comments about slavery.  Come on. I know these people are hated but I doubt they are sitting around celebrating right now because of attention. If you watch the actual video of Kanye saying these things its both sad and scary. When he shouts 'I almost killed my daughter" he's hysterical crying. You dont think about logic or ramifications when you are having a manic episode which he is definitely having. 

They tip-toe around Kanye when he’s like this - distancing themselves from content but always saying they support him. Really difficult situation when someone with bipolar disorder refuses meds - but also understandable given the side effects.

• Love 6

Yikes I watched the video of him ranting and it’s kind of scary. He’s completely off the rails insane. He needs help. If Kim and him ever got divorced tho omg he would go off on the Kardashians with these rants. I feel like I can’t unsee that video. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Marley said:

Yikes I watched the video of him ranting and it’s kind of scary. He’s completely off the rails insane. He needs help. If Kim and him ever got divorced tho omg he would go off on the Kardashians with these rants. I feel like I can’t unsee that video. 

Kim, Kris & Co. really stepped into it when they entered into Kim's marriage/business arrangement with unstable Kanye. He's far more disturbed than they thought and they can't control him. Nobody can. Even their ironclad NDA's can't shut his mouth when he's this far gone. And what are they going to do? Sue him, an obviously severely mentally ill person? I doubt they'd want to deal with the fallout from that. Or would they call another 5150 on him? In the long run that didn't help because he just flatly refused to continue taking his prescribed psychotropic meds, so now he's back to square one with whatever his psychiatric problems are. And if we're allowed to speculate here, I would say that Kanye is exhibiting signs of delusions of grandeur, which can be a symptom of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. But on the other hand, as a controversial celebrity, he has many fans who validate his fashion sense and political views, so where is the much needed reality check in his life? How much is "stunting" and how much does he mistakenly believe?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Kim, Kris & Co. really stepped into it when they entered into Kim's marriage/business arrangement with unstable Kanye. He's far more disturbed than they thought and they can't control him.

What do you think would happen if Kim left him? I blame Kanye for her and her vile family gaining legitimacy- do you think she'd lose it if she left? Keeping Met ball invitations would definitely be a reason for her to ride it out. Kanye is just the worst. I have a lot of sympathy for mentally ill people but there comes a point when you need to take responsibility for yourself and take your fucking medication. It's not as if his creative output while manic is any good. I've seen his fashion line. I'm concerned about this behaviour affecting his family. Well, his kids. I don't give a crap about it affecting the Klan.

• Love 19
(edited)
4 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

How much is "stunting" and how much does he mistakenly believe?

I agree. How much of this is true and how much is in his head? Kim was in her early 30s when she conceived North, and at that age you know damn well unprotected sex equals a chance at getting pregnant. She already had millions of dollars and Kanye was the most high status guy she'd landed, so why would she even consider abortion? I don't mean that in a judgy way, but more from a logical perspective. As shallow as she is, I just don't see it. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Kim needs to send the kids and the nannies away from Kanye for a while until he is more balanced. I don't think he would physically hurt the kids, but there's nothing good to come from them seeing him spinning out of control. In the state he's in right now, the kids are no doubt going to hear and see things they shouldn't have to see. I've long thought they barely live together, but I've never wished it to be true before, not even when he was basically trying to start a cult or whatever his Sunday sermon village was. I can only imagine his mind set after the shitshow that went down on Saturday. He was manic and I'd have to believe he wasn't all calm and settled on Sunday or even today. What flew out of his mouth when he saw North? Hopefully he hasn't see her yet, I wouldn't trust him to not start sobbing about how wanted to abort her. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. How much of this is true and how much is in his head? Kim was in her early 30s when she conceived North, and at that age you know damn well unprotected sex equals a chance at getting pregnant. She already had millions of dollars and Kanye was the most high status guy she'd landed, so why would she even consider abortion? I don't mean that in a judgy way, but more from a logical perspective. As shallow as she is, I just don't see it. 

I took Kanye's words to mean he was the one that considered it. He said "Kim stood up and she protected that child".

Eta: Jesus. 

Edited by howmanywords
(edited)

Poor Kanye, I wonder if he would take his illness seriously and get help if his mom was alive. He has not been the same since her death...I do think Kanye would be in a better space if he had real people around him that would help him deal with his illness, he has yes man and people who will use him for their own gain..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Kim, Kris & Co. really stepped into it when they entered into Kim's marriage/business arrangement with unstable Kanye. He's far more disturbed than they thought and they can't control him. Nobody can. Even their ironclad NDA's can't shut his mouth when he's this far gone. And what are they going to do? Sue him, an obviously severely mentally ill person? I doubt they'd want to deal with the fallout from that. Or would they call another 5150 on him? In the long run that didn't help because he just flatly refused to continue taking his prescribed psychotropic meds, so now he's back to square one with whatever his psychiatric problems are. And if we're allowed to speculate here, I would say that Kanye is exhibiting signs of delusions of grandeur, which can be a symptom of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. But on the other hand, as a controversial celebrity, he has many fans who validate his fashion sense and political views, so where is the much needed reality check in his life? How much is "stunting" and how much does he mistakenly believe?

After the 5150 "they" released that Kanye was diagnosed with bipolar depression. He was clearly in a manic state right now and unfortunately unless the people around him if the kids and Kim are not with him in Wyoming can prove that he is a danger to himself or a danger to somebody else there's really nothing they can do unless his tweets are true and they are trying to get him recommited.

7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Poor Kanye, I wonder if he would take his illness seriously and get help if his mom was alive. He has not been the same since her death...

This is not a slam at you Pearson80, but I'm tired of his mother's death being used to excuse/explain his behavior. Yes, having your mother die is a terrible thing, I know because my mother died too, but I don't run around telling people I'm a genius, & coming out with some of the most ridiculous statements that are hurtful to other people. The time for him to be a little boy who needs his mommy is long past, time to man up Kanye, take your meds & fuck your creativity. It's not more important than being a responsible human being & father.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is not a slam at you Pearson80, but I'm tired of his mother's death being used to excuse/explain his behavior. Yes, having your mother die is a terrible thing, I know because my mother died too, but I don't run around telling people I'm a genius

I agree. We've all experienced loss. Nobody gets a perfect death where there is no guilt or regret for things you didn't do. Yes, his mum's death was preventable in the sense that she didn't NEED lipo or whatever it was and I'm sure that is a heavy burden. But we all have them and we don't have the opportunities or the money to get help that he does. I think my give a damn is busted because of his other behaviour that we aren't allowed to talk about here. You have kids and people who count on you? Take your damn meds.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is not a slam at you Pearson80, but I'm tired of his mother's death being used to excuse/explain his behavior. Yes, having your mother die is a terrible thing, I know because my mother died too, but I don't run around telling people I'm a genius, & coming out with some of the most ridiculous statements that are hurtful to other people. The time for him to be a little boy who needs his mommy is long past, time to man up Kanye, take your meds & fuck your creativity. It's not more important than being a responsible human being & father.

I do not take it as a slam at all and I agree with you, I am just trying to find some reason for Kanye not taking his illness seriously.  I just see a broken man deteriorating before our eyes even though his latest slam on a Black icon like Harriet Tubman has me shaking my head in anger and frustration..

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I do not take it as a slam at all and I agree with you, I am just trying to find some reason for Kanye not taking his illness seriously.  I just see a broken man deteriorating before our eyes even though his latest slam on a Black icon like Harriet Tubman has me shaking my head in anger and frustration..

He's not taking his illness seriously because he thinks he's a genius (I blame all the people who called him that all these years), & that nothing should interfere with that. The Harriet Tubman thing was no worse than the slavery is a choice thing. The thing that makes me shake my head is how many black people still support him after those statements.

• Love 8

Kanye is fucked. I’m sorry I’m not a fan of Kim but she should get him locked up. He’s off the rails and who knows what he could do. Someone said they don’t think he would hurt his kids but how can we know that. He thinks he’s god who knows what he could do in his state. Who the fuck shares the weird ass story he shared. Kardashians are games hire trash but Kanye is out of his mind.

I considered this being a publicity stunt for his supposed new album but he’s not that good of an actor lol.

• Love 2

This is so sad - it must be terrible for Kim and other family members, who are caught between love for Kanye and the need to protect everyone else. Kim will protect her kids - whether or not she can help Kanye. Really sad.

57 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Uuuuggghhhh....we are watching a mentally ill human being unravel before us.  Sometimes I hate social media.  

Just like we all watched it with Scott, Lamar, and Rob.  This family has a history of not taking care of their people when they can use them for ratings.  Will Kris do this with Kanye?  If she can, I have to believe she certainly will.

• Love 2

Kanye West's threat to walk away from his fashion company's fledgling partnership with the Gap has sent shares sharply lower.

Gap's stock fell nearly 6% Monday following West's comments he made at a public event Sunday. Videos taken at the event show the rapper criticizing Gap and Adidas, another apparel company his Yeezy brand partnered with.

West noted he was not on either company's board. "That has to change today or I walk away," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/gap-shares-fall-after-kanye-west-threatens-to-walk-away-from-yeezy-deal/ar-BB16XPle?li=BBnb7Kz

9 hours ago, GaT said:

First, he called Kim "Norths Mom" & second, is he implying that North is posing for Playboy?

There were a couple of more tweets including a now deleted slam at Kris that gives his words more context. Basically his kids will never do Playboy and Kim would never photograph them like Kris did with Kim (I guess he meant the infamous "Kim you're doing amazing sweetie" clip.

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The name -- Donda.     Oh yeah, his mother's death is messing with him and his refusing to take his meds is not helping it.   This is only going to get worse

Also, Donda's birthday was last week. I'm sure that didn't help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Aw my lahgs said:

He has a new album coming out soon... Somehow there’s always a whole lot of controversy regarding Kanye whenever there’s an album drop around the corner. Coincidence or guerilla marketing?

It might be neither - but still a connection. Intensely working with music for long periods of time can put your brain and energy into heightened modes - and also Donda was instrumental to Kanye’s career so there are memories and guilt for him. (imo she saw music as therapy for Kanye.)

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

17 hours ago, Iris987 said:

What do you think would happen if Kim left him? I blame Kanye for her and her vile family gaining legitimacy- do you think she'd lose it if she left? Keeping Met ball invitations would definitely be a reason for her to ride it out. Kanye is just the worst. I have a lot of sympathy for mentally ill people but there comes a point when you need to take responsibility for yourself and take your fucking medication. It's not as if his creative output while manic is any good. I've seen his fashion line. I'm concerned about this behaviour affecting his family. Well, his kids. I don't give a crap about it affecting the Klan.

16 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Kim needs to send the kids and the nannies away from Kanye for a while until he is more balanced. I don't think he would physically hurt the kids, but there's nothing good to come from them seeing him spinning out of control. In the state he's in right now, the kids are no doubt going to hear and see things they shouldn't have to see. I've long thought they barely live together, but I've never wished it to be true before, not even when he was basically trying to start a cult or whatever his Sunday sermon village was. I can only imagine his mind set after the shitshow that went down on Saturday. He was manic and I'd have to believe he wasn't all calm and settled on Sunday or even today. What flew out of his mouth when he saw North? Hopefully he hasn't see her yet, I wouldn't trust him to not start sobbing about how wanted to abort her. 

To me Kim has done nothing but win. Kanye marrying her totally raised the family’s status. Kim went from being sex tape reality show joke to fashion icon, which helped launch the family to super star stratosphere.

She also has four beautiful children that she can parade around like show ponies.

Kim can also boast that she was married to what was once co considered the greatest rapper in the world. So far, not one of her sisters has been with a man that successful.

Now, she has the perfect excuse to throw him to the curb and truthfully, she should do what is in the best interest of her children.

• Love 2
(edited)

Another who's got no sympathy for Kanye. He's his own worst enemy, but Kim and Kris aren't helping matters, to put it mildly. Instead of putting his family first, Kanye keeps on famewhoring with no regard to the impact on his kids, who are the only truly innocent victims in this mess. It's just a matter of time before North hears about all this and if Kanye thinks that she won't be hurt, then he's even worse than I thought.

Besides the children, I save my sympathies for all the people in general and the people of color in particular who are bipolar and truly want/need help but don't have the resources and access that Kanye does. As for Kanye's claim that medication "hurts [his] creativity," better to lose that than the kids. Besides, it's not like Kanye's broke. Kanye needs to get over himself, get out of the spotlight, get some help and get some meds ASAP, for his kids' sake and his own.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 13

All varieties of people are beset by mental illness and addiction. If you're an alcoholic horse thief who sobers up you're still a horse thief. (An old cowboy told me that in an Al-Anon meeting about 40 years ago). If you're an asshole with bi-polar disorder you're still an asshole when you take your meds. 

We give ourselves hope by blaming the addiction or disorder but quite often that is not where the blame (more accurately the accountibility) lies.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Apparently Kanye lives in Wyoming - that’s the address he’s using. Kim, Kourtney, Scott, Kylie and the kids all spent part of the summer there - I’ll bet Kim doesn’t want to be alone with Kanye, or leave the kids alone with him anymore.

• Love 7

When did Kanye move to Wyoming? And why? I block a lot of Kardashian info out of my brain but I thought he was building a church in Chicago and moved there to oversee it. Regardless, my new hope for 2020 is for a judge to be granted the power to force Kim to move there for 5 years with no option to fly back to LA. No reason, really, other than for her to suffer. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Some snapshots. July 12 is his mother's birthday. 

November 2016 canceled Pablo tour just after it started, hospitalized for a week due to exhaustion and sleep deprivation. 

Spring/Summer 2017 passed on his line's fashion show and the Met Gala. Spent a month at an undisclosed location in Wyoming.

March 2018 spotted numerous times in Wyoming over many weeks.

June $4000 shopping spree in small clothing store in Victor, Idaho, population 2000. Cleared out entire racks of clothing, including a rack of men's jackets.

Walked a mile to a theater by himself to see Solo: A Star Wars Story. 

Secret listening party for album Ye, flew 100s of artists and press to Wyoming.

January 2019 pulled out of headlining Coachella because they wouldn't build him a dome for a stage. 

Easter Sunday/Week 2 Coachella conducted church service on a hillside dedicated to him.

June started building dome homes inspired by Star Wars on Calabasas property. "I will be the home builder and developer that Howard Hughes was to aircraft and Henry Ford was to the automobile."

September domes torn down by order of Los Angeles County. Bought first ranch in Wyoming.

October church service Salt Lake City, 20,000 attendance.

November bought second ranch in Wyoming.

March 2020 church service in Paris during Paris Fashion Week.

Since-deleted tweet late Monday claims he has been trying to divorce Kim since November 2018 when she met with Meek to work on prison reform. [and to sleep with him] Referred to Kris as Kris Jong Un, said she and Kim are White Supremacists. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Iris987 said:

When did Kanye move to Wyoming? And why? I block a lot of Kardashian info out of my brain but I thought he was building a church in Chicago and moved there to oversee it. Regardless, my new hope for 2020 is for a judge to be granted the power to force Kim to move there for 5 years with no option to fly back to LA. No reason, really, other than for her to suffer. 

He bought a several acre property I think 2 years ago and now it's like this big ranch property and so he has been splitting his time between there in LA and here lately he's been in Wyoming more than he has been in LA

• Love 1
2 hours ago, suomi said:

claims he has been trying to divorce Kim since November 2018 w

Umm, it's not that hard to divorce someone if you really want to.   You go to a lawyer, they file papers, the other person gets served.   Then you wait for a trial.   Which granted in California can be a long time due to an overburdended system (pre-pandemic, its worse now).   But still if he were trying something would have leaked.   

• Love 4

Despite the unflattering abortion revelation, I don't think Kim is entirely unhappy about this. She can divorce Kanye without losing public support and her p.r. flunkies will spin a clever fiction depicting her as mama bear, doing whatever it takes to protect her children. She gets what she's wanted for a while and comes out of it smelling like a rose. 

Why any man wants to get involved with these women is beyond me. 

• Love 6

So he mad that Kimmie released a statement without his permission.   But then says he has been trying to divorce her for 2 years.   Dude, you don't want her, then she don't need your permission to do anything.   It's that simple.   

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Kim just released a statement about Kanye and how difficult it is with someone with bipolar disorder and how you cannot legally force them to take their medications unless they are a minor. 

This is true. Nobody can force him to take his meds. Unfortunately by not taking them he will ruin his life. He will get worse and yes, he can eventually become violent and harm others or himself if he goes untreated. This disease never gets better on it's own.  What bothers me is the support Kim and the family have continually given him by constantly perpetuating his claims that he is a genius and going to the "Sunday Services", along with thousands of other people including well know celebrities. Why did so many go to the services? To watch a train wreck in person? Hollywood is just fucking fickle and weird. There are no real friends in the world of celebrity. Kim has said in many interviews (after his diagnosis) that she admires his speaking his mind and having his own opinion. So which is it? Are they supporting him and his meltdowns turning a blind eye to his illness because of his fame and image Kim has projected of the happy family with 4 perfect kids or are they trying to get him help which is futile because he won't agree to it? Can't have it both ways, Kimmy. 

Also, if Kim does ever leave him I have no doubt he will go completely off the rails and try to destroy her and her family with a vengeance, probably fight to take the kids, too. Just imagine his tweets. This is why she stays. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16
34 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

This is true. Nobody can force him to take his meds. Unfortunately by not taking them he will ruin his life. He will get worse and yes, he can eventually become violent and harm others or himself if he goes untreated. This disease never gets better on it's own.  What bothers me is the support Kim and the family have continually given him by constantly perpetuating his claims that he is a genius and going to the "Sunday Services", along with thousands of other people including well know celebrities. Why did so many go to the services? To watch a train wreck in person? Hollywood is just fucking fickle and weird. There are no real friends in the world of celebrity. Kim has said in many interviews (after his diagnosis) that she admires his speaking his mind and having his own opinion. So which is it? Are they supporting him and his meltdowns turning a blind eye to his illness because of his fame and image Kim has projected of the happy family with 4 perfect kids or are they trying to get him help which is futile because he won't agree to it? Can't have it both ways, Kimmy. 

Also, if Kim does ever leave him I have no doubt he will go completely off the rails and try to destroy her and her family with a vengeance, probably fight to take the kids, too. Just imagine his tweets. This is why she stays. 

Exactly, Before his diagnosis looking back on some of Kanye's most talked about moments in his career the signs/smoke was there but folks just chalked it up to Kanye being Kanye and went on about their business.  Even if they meaning Kim and his management manage to drag/convince him to go to a treatment facility like others said he'll resent them or continue to be noncompliant in taking his meds.  

• Love 3

Kanye’s views of himself and his rants seem to have come from Donda:

"Kanye pours that same passion, truth and vision into everything he does," Donda wrote. "I would no more suppress his passion, which sometimes leads to the so-called outbursts, than I would suppress his ability to make music. To stifle the former is to threaten the latter. He is always expressing the truth as he sees it and as he understands it in that moment. He has been raised to look through his own eyes, his own lens, considering the world and others in it but not mirroring their realities, not even mirroring [hers] or his dad’s."

https://www.bet.com/music/2017/05/12/a-mothers-love-revisiting-raising-kanye-ten-years-later.html

• Love 1
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So he mad that Kimmie released a statement without his permission.   But then says he has been trying to divorce her for 2 years.   Dude, you don't want her, then she don't need your permission to do anything.   It's that simple.   

He ranted about wanting to abort North. Kim get's to release whatever damn statement she wants. 

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Umm, it's not that hard to divorce someone if you really want to.   You go to a lawyer, they file papers, the other person gets served.   Then you wait for a trial.   Which granted in California can be a long time due to an overburdended system (pre-pandemic, its worse now).   But still if he were trying something would have leaked.   

Yeah, as much as I enjoy it when ANYONE slags off Kim, this is the bipolar talking. I'm not an expert on mental health issues but I've been around enough of it to know that when people are having an episode they lash out at those closest to them and in ways that horrify them when they are OK (again- take your fucking meds, Kanye). My friend was convinced her father had sexually assaulted her and murdered her dog. She went on and on to the point that I almost believed her. And her dog was still alive! When she came down and got on her meds and learned what she had said she was devastated. At the very least Kanye seems to respect Kim as the mother of his kids and I don't think he'd accuse her of cheating if he was OK. I'm on the fence about the Kris Jong Un comments, however. Even a bipolar clock is still right twice a day.

Edited by Iris987
  • Love 10