Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I read an article yesterday that he's bringing in huge millions the longer he keeps delaying the album release.

So this listening party last night, he actually rebuilt a replica of his childhood home in the stadium, he set himself on fire in said home and then Kim came out and they recreated getting married (the K's are all reposting this so yes it's her. Shit is getting weird. He also took off the album the song about abandoning your familyScreenshot_20210827-095927~2.png

Edited by howmanywords

They're certainly getting people talking. Kanye fans seem to think the putting himself on fire was symbolizing getting rid of the past, being reborn through the ashes and the marrying Kim thing, well is obvious. Tbh I've been saying for weeks now I bet the divorce is off.

Eta: another sign is Jay-z being off the album..probably said "so you back with her? I'm out" lol

Edited by howmanywords
  • LOL 4

Kanye Joined by DaBaby and Marilyn Manson at 'Donda' Event, No Jay-Z Verse

Not only was DaBaby -- who recently made disgustingly homophobic comments at Rolling Loud -- on the song, he also joined Kanye on "stage." Marilyn Manson -- who has been sued by multiple women in the last few months for sexual assault -- was also on stage.

There is no way this isn't a deliberate choice. A homophobic asshole & a sexual abuser. How is Kim explaining supporting Kanye now? She's so woke she wants to get prisoners out of prison, but supports these 2?

• Love 5
On 8/27/2021 at 10:01 AM, howmanywords said:

I read an article yesterday that he's bringing in huge millions the longer he keeps delaying the album release.

So this listening party last night, he actually rebuilt a replica of his childhood home in the stadium, he set himself on fire in said home and then Kim came out and they recreated getting married (the K's are all reposting this so yes it's her. Shit is getting weird. He also took off the album the song about abandoning your family

Frankly at this point, I just don't give a damn about his upcoming album. Its not like the music, the music videos for this album, or his eye hemorrhage-inducing concerts are earth-shattering. 

As for Kim being there making an ass of herself as usual, I'm surprised that Kanye didn't bring out the bathroom sink as one of his props.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Magog said:

As for Kim being there making an ass of herself as usual, I'm surprised that Kanye didn't bring out the bathroom sink as one of his props.

Does anyone have a way to get this suggestion to him? Now I want another listening party where he does this, it would be AWESOME!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 10:34 PM, GaT said:

Kanye Joined by DaBaby and Marilyn Manson at 'Donda' Event, No Jay-Z Verse

There is no way this isn't a deliberate choice. A homophobic asshole & a sexual abuser. How is Kim explaining supporting Kanye now? She's so woke she wants to get prisoners out of prison, but supports these 2?

From the horse's mouth I just saw this on Kanye's Instagram It is a screenshot of a text message so it's slight explanation about him having that homophobic sexual abuser DaBaby on his new album and at the album listening event.

I guess Ye is not taking his meds again...or if he ever was taking them.

Screenshot_20210829-085851.png

6 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

From the horse's mouth I just saw this on Kanye's Instagram It is a screenshot of a text message so it's slight explanation about him having that homophobic sexual abuser DaBaby on his new album and at the album listening event.

I guess Ye is not taking his meds again...or if he ever was taking them.

Screenshot_20210829-085851.png

I don't even understand what he's saying, what does that mean that Dababy's manager isn't clearing jail? Why would that stop him from uploading his music? If Dababy actually said he would vote for Kanye, he's probably off his meds too.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't even understand what he's saying, what does that mean that Dababy's manager isn't clearing jail? Why would that stop him from uploading his music? If Dababy actually said he would vote for Kanye, he's probably off his meds too.

I took it to mean that he (DaBaby) wasn't clearing Kanye's use of the song after all. 

Especially if DaBaby has a writing credit on the song, he can say he doesn't want the song to come out after all. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

I took it to mean that he (DaBaby) wasn't clearing Kanye's use of the song after all. 

Especially if DaBaby has a writing credit on the song, he can say he doesn't want the song to come out after all. 

Huh, then that makes Kanye having them there even stranger.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

Oh yeah, he's off his meds

Kanye West Says Donda Was Released by Label Without His Approval

“Universal put my album out without my approval and they blocked Jail 2 from being on the album,” he wrote in an Instagram post. Find that post below.

Representatives for Universal offered no comment to Variety, but the publication cited unnamed sources at the company who called West’s claim “preposterous.” 

And this explains why Dababy & Manson were at the event

Manson is credited as a composer and lyricist on “Jail,” while both Manson and DaBaby appear on  “Jail, Pt. 2.”

• Useful 1

I'm going to post this story in both Kim & Kanye's threads 

Kim Kardashian "Caught Off Guard" By Kanye West's Decision to Invite Marilyn Manson to Donda Event

Kim's concerns weren't met with much understanding from Kanye, the insider tells E! News. "He wants her to realize why he included them and appreciate the art form," the same source explains. "Kanye wanted a reaction. He wants people talking about his album and that was the approach he was taking." 

A third source close to Kanye reiterates that the rapper "is not fazed by the backlash," because he "likes that people are talking about his album." 

"Kanye looks at everything from a creative viewpoint and tries to drown out the excess noise," the source explains. "He doesn't overthink the context of his actions."

Yep, it was all for publicity & this idiot doesn't care that people aren't actually talking about his album, they're talking about the people he had at his event.

• Love 5

I don't follow the music press, so I have no idea how it's being received, but the Washington Post music critic absolutely loathed "Donda,"   This is how he ends the review:

You want more? “Donda” has more, you wretched soul. At nearly two hours, this is a long ride on an empty gas tank. Let’s not waste any more of our precious lives talking about it here.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????

Kanye's 'Donda' Breaks Streaming Records, #1 in 130 Countries on Apple Music

Speaking of Spotify ... Kanye's album's doing work there too -- his "Jail" track featuring Jay-Z and Francis and the Lights debuted at #1 on the U.S. Spotify chart with 4.277 million streams. That's the biggest debut for any song this year.

Also

Soulja Boy Pissed at Kanye For Cutting Him From 'Donda'

Soulja says Kanye totally wasted his time by reaching out to him for a collab on Ye's new track, "Remote Control," before ultimately leaving SB's verse on the cutting room floor.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I can see a lot of first day streams just because of the hype.   Let's see how many streams there are next week.   That will tell us if the critics are right or its a good album.

Right, but there are LOT of die hard Kanye music fans all over the world who don't listen to critics or reviews to tell them weather they like something. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Right, but there are LOT of die hard Kanye music fans all over the world who don't listen to critics or reviews to tell them weather they like something. 

Exactly. These are the same fans and who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on his ugly clothing and sneakers. Like they won't have a problem dropping a few bucks on any shit music he puts out. They have been waiting for this album for ages. Also forget the Kardashians, Kanye sold massive amounts of albums before he met Kim so he has loyal fans.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Exactly. These are the same fans and who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on his ugly clothing and sneakers. Like they won't have a problem dropping a few bucks on any shit music he puts out. They have been waiting for this album for ages. Also forget the Kardashians, Kanye sold massive amounts of albums before he met Kim so he has loyal fans.

Facts. These aren't new Kanye fans that he might have gotten when he got attached to Kim and her family No these Are the fans who have been with him since "College Dropout"

• Love 2

Todd Rundgren calls Kanye West just a 'shoe designer' and a 'dilettante' after working on Donda

After referring to West as a "shoe designer" and "dilettante," Rundgren posits that "Nobody would regularly make records like that unless they had stupid money to throw around. Nobody rents a stadium to make a record in. Nobody flies in the entire world of hip-hop just to croak one syllable, just so you can say that everybody was on it."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, GaT said:

57 million for a house that is so close to the neighbors, the houses almost touch.

That's Malibu for ya. The articles I read on this said that the property had been listed for some time because it was built by or designed by rather a famous Japanese artist, so a particular type of buyer would be interested in something like that and y'all know how Kanye is about it minimalism and art so it seems like he's the perfect buyer maybe he got a deal for it since it was on the market for so long and didn't actually pay the $57 million. 

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • Useful 1

Kanye's hoodie dropped today at The Gap

YEEZY-GAP-Hoodie,-Blue-September-2021,-U

It comes in a bunch of colors & cost $90.00 for adults, $70.00 for kids. It looks like any hoodie you would see at Target or Walmart for a whole lot less. When it went live, so many people were trying to get it, it crashed the site, I'll just quote Thomas Tusser, "a fool and his money are soon parted". I think this pretty much sums up Kanye's fans.

Also, I discovered this when I was trying to find out how much they cost, You can click on any item on The Gap website & look at it & get more information including pricing. In order to look at one of Yeezy hoodies (and I'm assuming his other stuff) you have to first fill out a form with your name, email & your sizes. No idea what happens after that because, no surprise, HELL NO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, GaT said:

Kanye's hoodie dropped today at The Gap

YEEZY-GAP-Hoodie,-Blue-September-2021,-U

It comes in a bunch of colors & cost $90.00 for adults, $70.00 for kids. It looks like any hoodie you would see at Target or Walmart for a whole lot less. When it went live, so many people were trying to get it, it crashed the site, I'll just quote Thomas Tusser, "a fool and his money are soon parted". I think this pretty much sums up Kanye's fans.

Also, I discovered this when I was trying to find out how much they cost, You can click on any item on The Gap website & look at it & get more information including pricing. In order to look at one of Yeezy hoodies (and I'm assuming his other stuff) you have to first fill out a form with your name, email & your sizes. No idea what happens after that because, no surprise, HELL NO.

Sell out in 3...2....1 then re-sale for double or triple on secondary sites.

Also as I was looking at these basic ass hoodies I checked the price of the GAP logo hoodie, cause inner child me has wanted one since high school. CarolinaGirl wanted to "fit in" with the "populars" anywho they are $19 so brb off to go get one.

Update: Gap won't let me great, I was looking a men's hoodie as GAP does not offer 3x-5x sizes in their woman's clothing *eye roll* get it together GAP.  Never the less dang near all the colors are sold out or on back order in my size. 

Edited by carolinagirl81
Update
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Update: Gap won't let me great, I was looking a men's hoodie as GAP does not offer 3x-5x sizes in their woman's clothing *eye roll* get it together GAP.  Never the less dang near all the colors are sold out or on back order in my size. 

I can't imagine that they aren't going to be selling any more of their own logo hoodies, is there some kind of "tell me when it's back in stock" thingy you can sign up for?

6 hours ago, GaT said:

I can't imagine that they aren't going to be selling any more of their own logo hoodies, is there some kind of "tell me when it's back in stock" thingy you can sign up for?

Unfortunately no they don't offer that option. The color I want I can order it and wait until like October 28 to get it *Kanye shrug* guess since they're on sale for $19 instead of the regular $40 everyone is snapping them up. 

And I just realized I do not have a Gap in my area anymore. Closest one is 2hrs away. 

How long has he had it? Yeah, that's Kanye, still stable

Kanye West Lists His Massive Wyoming Ranch for $11 Million

While it's not for certain, many believe that his infatuation with Wyoming and spending a lot of time living and working there caused a major rift in his marriage. Kim even broke down crying there during a tense meeting in the summer of 2020.

If this is some kind of sign of reconciliation, how long before he decides to move to Hong Kong, or Australia, or New Jersey?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Introducing Ye

*Kanye Shrug*

He’s not Kanye, he’s Ye.

A Los Angeles judge today approved a petition by rapper Kanye West to officially change his name to be known simply as “Ye,” with no middle or last name.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michelle Williams Court gave her nod to the request by the singer, who filed his petition Aug. 24 and stated he was making the change for personal reasons.

• LOL 3

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, just thinking about all the idiots who will pay whatever they cost just because Kanye made, gives me a nervous twitch. On the other hand, maybe this means that people who wouldn't wear masks before now will.

Kanye West Files to Trademark 'Ye' COVID Masks

And I guess this is the last time I call him "Kanye" (as if)

Kanye West officially changes name to Ye

Kanye West is no more. 

A Los Angeles judge signed off on the rapper's petition to change his name to Ye. The 44-year-old has no legal middle or last name

Kanye (that's what they call him, so that's what I'm using) gave an interview to The Daily Mail

During the rambling interview, which featured numerous digressions and left turns, Kanye discussed the jokes Kim made about their split when she hosted Saturday Night Live last month.

In her opening monologue, Kim, 41, quipped: 'when I divorced him, you have to know it came down to just one thing: his personality.' 

Addressing the dig, Kanye hit back: 'SNL making my wife say "I divorced him" on TV because they just wanted to get that bar off... And I ain't never even see the papers, we not even divorced.' 

SNL "made" her say that? I see he's off his meds again.

• Love 2

Kanye West Says 'Plants' Might Be Sabotaging Kim Kardashian's Efforts to Become Lawyer

"I feel like there’s people who might not want Kim Kardashian to become a lawyer," he said. "Because you know what happens if Kim Kardashian becomes a lawyer? That shirt gets a little bit higher, that cleavage gets a little bit more covered up."

"There’s 14-year-old girls, 17-year-old girls that’s posing a little bit, they want to become a lawyer. She affects people in that way," he continued. "There’s people that don’t want her to affect these women in that way. They want her to affect them in that other way."

He shouldn't be allowed to speak. Ever.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1