Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Redoubt

raven
  • Start Topic

Holden finds himself at odds with his crew when a controversial decision is uncovered. On Ceres, Avasarala struggles to contain an escalating humanitarian crisis. Drummer's growing faction stage a daring raid with dire stakes. Filip, demoted to repair skiff duty, makes an unexpected discovery.

Airdate: 2021.12.31

Please keep your discussion to this episode only.  No book talk even if you use spoiler tags, thank you!

Amazon has been dropping these a day early.

Filip!  You were *this close*.  Still, I think his about turn back to his father's side was more about saving face, to judge from his expression as he left the mess hall.  I have to say it again, Jasai Chase-Owens is doing really good work.

Marco is so narcissistic, I wonder if he will end up spacing Rosenfeld for daring to stand up to him (if he thinks he doesn't need her).

Loved the scene with Amos & Bobbie remembering Alex and his music.  The relationships on the Roci are all working for me; Clarissa's scene with Holden was also very good.   The relationships aren't simple yet feel real, so kudos to everyone.   I can agree with "don't apologize for not killing someone" but also feel "but it was Marco!!" LOL.   I can agree with Holden not wanting to be the guy that killed his partner's son and I can agree with Naomi about not wanting her actions devalued.  For the record, my bloodthirsty ass would have shot Marco dead; Marco, who cared so little for his son and crew he wouldn't surrender.  Plus, Marco sucks all around.

This is the kind of thing that makes me love this show.

I need more Roci crew; more Avasarala and Monica - Monica's video was perfect; and Drummer!!  All hail Drummer!  Just put Drummer and Avasarala in charge of everything.

The Laconia scenes, though obviously setting up some kind of future production, are not on the level of the rest of the episode - writing, acting, my interest level.  They are taking time away from the rest of the show, which is awesome, and we only have 2 episodes left.

• Love 13

The Laconia arc remains the weak link. I don't see how they will make it work within the remaining episodes. 

Looks like Belter administrator lady on Ceres is still drinking Marcos' Cool Aid. But it's not the first time we got to see Belters acting against their own interests. Understandable but frustrating.

Monica's clip was quite powerful even though Avasarala did not look convinced.

I get Holden's motivations but it was still a bad decision. Next time hand over weapons control to Bobbie.

It's always one step forward two steps backwards with TLS. Frustrating to watch, but well acted.

And that's why you keep Michio around. So glad Drummer finally let everyone know exactly what she thinks of Marco. What is she doing with those supplies now? Is she sending them to Ceres? 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 8

The Laconia arc:  I think we saw what was coming.  But the long discussion by the Martian man to the little girl was weird.  And it is not believable that the girl could get access to her brother's body without anyone noticing -- and even less believable that she could roll a gurney out into the forest.  There are many issues with the Laconia story line and its filming. 

I don't think we needed more scenes of Marco demonstrating he is an insecure, petty asshole.  ..Or his second-in-command talking him down from overstepping.  ..Or Fillip being wishy-washing on criticizing or supporting his father's war. 
Marco doesn't have a cause anymore: he can't offer freedom to the belters - he has abandoned them.  He only has his navy as support -- and they could mutiny at any moment. 

• Love 4

I had to rewind to Drummer's speech at the end because it was just so glorious. Loved every second of it.

Monica's still alive which is also great news. 

Excellent episode.

Edited by Quark
  • Love 10

No wonder Marco's crew just starred in silence after Drummer's speech, she just dropped the mic all over the universe. That was amazing, utterly glorious to see her really let it be known how she feels about that petty sack of shit, if the Belt knew what was good for it they would space Marco and elect Drummer as their new leader right away. 

I can appreciate Clarissa saying that you should never feel bad about not killing someone, especially when so much of the universe is stuck in this cycle of violence, but I bet Drummer regrets not killing at least one particular asshole. I can really get everyone's points of view on what Holden did, he doesn't want to kill his girlfriends son, but also that he could have taken out Marco right there and he didn't, which means he can go on to kill more people and create more problems. The relationships between everyone on the Rocci were really well explored this week, its all really complicated and fraught with this history, so we can get Bobbie and Amos bonding over listening to Alex's music and Clarissa and Holden talking about their regrets and Amos confronting Holden about not taking the shot and Amos trying to decide if what Holden did was good, it was great stuff. 

I am glad that Monica is alright, as is the old Belter and his kitty cat. Avasarala might have her reservations, but the video she made really was powerful. 

I don't know how they can wrap so much up in such a short amount of time, I'm not ready for the show to end. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 15

I'm sure all of the Laconia stuff will come into play at the end, but it definitely feels awkwardly shoe-horned in and not really worth the screen time.  I didn't see what is really the point of introducing the Admiral and having him blab on for so long.  Well, at least they are only keeping it for the opening scenes, so they get it out of the way real quick!

The rest of the episode was good though.  I'm glad that most of the Roci gang knows what Holden did (and while I'm usually all about being open and honest, I think Clarissa is right that it probably really wouldn't not end well if Bobbie ever found out), and the fallout that came with it.  Again, I feel for Holden and understand his reasons, but there is probably going to be major repercussions down the road for sparing Filip (and therefore, Marco.)  I just hope the blowback won't be fatal for anyone.  Also liked how Clarissa was the one who ends up giving him a nice pep talk at the end.  The whole trying to murder him thing was totally just a phase!

Amos and Bobbie bonding over Alex's music was another great moment.  While it sucks that Cas Anver ended up being a creep, I'm glad the Alex character is at least leaving a mark for this final season.

Glad that Monica survived that explosion and seems to have made a video that might actually change some minds.  But Chrisjen better keep an eye on the MCR rep, because it looks like they might be doing their own thing soon...

When Marco isn't busy pouting in his room, he's off issuing orders to space those who didn't dare follow his half-cocked plan that almost got them all killed.  A real man of the people, right there!

Drummer's little heist ended up going sideways for a bit, but at least Michio came through and showed that while she might not be a great fighter, she's one hell of a medic.  But more importantly: Drummer has finally thrown down the gauntlet and publicly declared war on Marco!  Hell yeah!  So satisfying to watch: especially seeing both Marco and Filip just fuming.  And I can actually see this really doing some damage to Marco and his and cause because I suspect a lot of Belters do respect and trust Drummer.

• Love 15

So how did that crate fall on that guy's arm in a weightless environment?  The supply depot wasn't rotating or accelerating to provide pseudo-gravity.  Are we to assume the crates are magnetized like their boots?  Seems it would be cheaper to just make them with tie-downs.

• Love 2

Bold choice to have a filler episode this close to the end of the series.  I'm getting major Game of Thrones vibes that the plot lines are going to be wrapped up in a really lazy and unsatisfying manner.

Opening scene:  I'm thinking "Why is the dead boy lying on a table out in the open?  That's pretty ghoulish."  Of course, he had to be on a table so his sister could wheel him out.  I still cannot work up any concern or interest in this stupid plotline.  With only two episodes left, I can only assume whatever is in orbit that they're going to turn on will kill everyone on the planet, making it a colossal waste of time Shaggy Dog story.

Also don't give a shit about Filip and Marco and all of those assholes.  Honestly, him having a bonding moment with his new boss, and discovering that "wow, people are complex" is fine if the series was on-going, but TWO EPISODES LEFT dammit.  Don't waste time on this garbage.

9 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Unbent, unbroken, unbowed. Live shamed, and die empty

Loved her speech, but that bit is a little ... plagiarismy.  "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken" are the house words of the Martells.

28 minutes ago, cdnalor said:

So how did that crate fall on that guy's arm in a weightless environment?  The supply depot wasn't rotating or accelerating to provide pseudo-gravity.  Are we to assume the crates are magnetized like their boots?  Seems it would be cheaper to just make them with tie-downs.

It was rotating.  There were two supply depots tethered together and rotating around the center of the cable attaching them.  At the end, Drummer's group blew up the tether, sending the two sections off in opposite directions due to momentum.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

Who knew supply stashes could be so beautiful?

I think Drummer is going to keep Michio after all. She was badass in this episode.

The Laconia stuff still drags but Duarte being creepy made this segment a bit better.

Amos is at peek Amos. Confronting Holden outside the ship really added to the tension.

Best Drummer speech since Season Three.

The last two episodes better each be two hours long. At a minimum.

Be nice to your new Mentor, Filip.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, mac123x said:

At the end, Drummer's group blew up the tether, sending the two sections off in opposite directions due to momentum.

Ah, but did she time the blast so the two payload sections went off in the direction of needy belters?

Camina Drummer. Goddess.

I love that this series has such great, strong female characters.  

Filip is totally going to blow the ship up with the dud nuke, right?  (I have not read the book.)

2 hours ago, mac123x said:

Loved her speech, but that bit is a little ... plagiarismy.  "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken" are the house words of the Martells.

I can fanwave that Drummer is descended from the Sand Snakes. (Book version, not show.)

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

but did she time the blast so the two payload sections went off in the direction of needy belters?

Really!  I noted last week that those caches would help the people of Ceres. Hope the stuff wasn’t wasted. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Filip is totally going to blow the ship up with the dud nuke, right?  (I have not read the book.)

That would be great, if not for the Collateral damage.

Poor Josep. That was brutal. Maybe they had time to locate a good prothetic arm in the cache?

12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Camina Drummer. Goddess.

I love that this series has such great, strong female characters.  

I can fanwave that Drummer is descended from the Sand Snakes. (Book version, not show.)

Really!  I noted last week that those caches would help the people of Ceres. Hope the stuff wasn’t wasted. 

At the end of the scene, at least one half the cache looked like it was being towed/guided by one of Drummers ships. I’m guessing she’s going to Ceres with it. She knows Marco won’t be there so she’ll be safe, and it will help fellow Beltalowdah and turn them against Marco.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Msample said:

At the end of the scene, at least one half the cache looked like it was being towed/guided by one of Drummers ships.I’m guessing she’s going to Ceres with it. She knows Marco won’t be there so she’ll be safe, and it will help fellow Beltalowdah and turn them against Marco.

Drummer is enough of a realist to know that bringing supplies to Ceres will help her cause as much (or more) than making great speeches. Also, Drummer may be the greatest badass in space, but she is fundementally a good and caring person.

The line "I can't even wash my hands" in Monica's video really got to me. What a perfect summery of what Ceres is dealing with. So impressed with this show's writing. I'm guessing they don't have Star Trek sonic showers.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, mac123x said:

Opening scene:  I'm thinking "Why is the dead boy lying on a table out in the open?  That's pretty ghoulish."  Of course, he had to be on a table so his sister could wheel him out.

I think the scene was meant to be a wake (or visitation), like at a funeral home. I’m guessing no one brought coffins to Laconia, so a table was the best they could do.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, marinw said:

Poor Josep. That was brutal. Maybe they had time to locate a good prothetic arm in the cache?

That was so badass to cut off his arm! I don’t think I would have had the courage, even if we did have the technology to regrow limbs!

Josep’s arm was being regrown in one of the last scenes. They did the same thing for Amos at the end of Season 4 … regrew some of his finger.

Even though he’ll heal, that totally freaks me out!

• Useful 1

Oh Filip. TLS was actually making some progress, finding a mentor, learning some useful skills and learning about the lives of "regular" Belters. What Marco intended as an humilating demotion could help Filip become a better person.  Alas, he reverted back in the end.

• Love 1

To whoever asked, one of the higher-ups has said that at least the finale will be longer, iirc closer to 90 minutes.  I can't recall if he/she mentioned ep5 (or where I read or saw that).

You know, the belters are always low on air, food and water. I wonder if the Tynan crew will cook up a little arm roast. 

Edited by JZL
  • LOL 1

Two things puzzled me (well in addition to how Laconia fits into anything at this point).

First, what's the point of tether-spinning a bunch of supply containers? It didn't look like people were actually meant to live there, though clearly there was space for people to move about (and sadly also get crushed). Nevertheless, tether-spinning a bunch of supply containers seemed like a waste of resources and technology. Why provide artificial gravity for a bunch of supply containers? Maybe their cargo, or at least some of it, needed "gravity?" Who knows? 

Second, should the Pella crew really be onloading an unexploded nuke and tossing it around like a beach ball? I know the technician did some of that to get a rise out of Filip (successfully), but would an experienced technician really throw a potentially live nuke around so cavalierly? That unexploded nuke also brought to mind Chekhov's gun. 

• Love 5

Drummer telling Marco "Live shamed and die empty" is a whole mood.

Loved Naomi and Holden's conversation because I can see where they're both coming from. She is still dealing with what Marco did to her, and he is trying to help her, in his quixotic, James Holden way. I really like the fact that they're not some perfect couple, and that the conflict between them always feels organic.

Continue to love Clarissa and her interactions with the rest of the crew. Her talk with Holden was very poignant. Her X-Ray episode also was touching. You can tell that she wants to move on and fit in with the crew, but she is still haunted by her past.

Rosenfeld is also a find. I specifically love the way she cuts Marco down. He is always puffing out his chest. Punk.

Just when Filip seems like he's getting a clue, he goes back to spouting his father's talking points. Baby steps, I guess.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Loved Naomi and Holden's conversation because I can see where they're both coming from. She is still dealing with what Marco did to her, and he is trying to help her, in his quixotic, James Holden way. I really like the fact that they're not some perfect couple, and that the conflict between them always feels organic.

One of the best, most mature relationships on TV IMO. Holden saying "I don't have it in me" about not killing Filip was so good.

• Love 3

Could the nuke feasibly be put back online remotely, even if it requires a certain proximity to the detonator switch?  I like the idea of Marco being taken out by his own son, but really dislike both of those manchildren.

11 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Drummer telling Marco "Live shamed and die empty" is a whole mood.

I might be adding that to my lexicon forever and always.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ahpny said:

Why provide artificial gravity for a bunch of supply containers? Maybe their cargo, or at least some of it, needed "gravity?"

I'd assume that they at least anticipated the possibility of needing gravity for certain types of stores. Not to mention that it might make life much easier on persons depositing or withdrawing stores from the cache.

55 minutes ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

Could the nuke feasibly be put back online remotely, even if it requires a certain proximity to the detonator switch?

Honestly, I was thinking that if that nuke were to detonate somewhere like say Ceres, and it could be traced back to the Roci, it would cast a very undesirable light on Holden et al and would probably be very bad for relations between the belters and the inners. From the PoV of optics, I am quite worried that it has fallen into the domain of TBS!

And as @ahpny says, Chekhov's Nuke will almost certainly have a part to play in upcoming episodes.

• Love 4

6 hours ago, marinw said:

Drummer is enough of a realist to know that bringing supplies to Ceres will help her cause as much (or more) than making great speeches. Also, Drummer may be the greatest badass in space, but she is fundementally a good and caring person.

I don't think the haul would be big enough to make a dent in the Ceres crisis.   In previous episodes, Drummer was short on supplies (at least missiles).  It would make more sense to use the supplies for her own growing faction.

5 hours ago, marinw said:

Thank you @Ziggy. So glad this medical technology seems to be widely available. I remember Amos's finger but I didn't know about entire limbs.

The tech to grow back limbs is pretty prevalent.  Way back in the first season, one of the Canterbury crew had one of his limbs sheared off.  The next time we saw him, he was in the sick bay with the limb restored.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, grawlix said:

I don't think the haul would be big enough to make a dent in the Ceres crisis.   In previous episodes, Drummer was short on supplies (at least missiles).  It would make more sense to use the supplies for her own growing faction.

Those two clusters of shipping containers at either end of the cache tether had what looked to be a LOT of containers; it’s certainly more than what the UN combat ships are carrying. Even if it’s not a lot, it’s a huge middle finger to Marco to give it back to the people he stole it from.

• Love 4
On 1/1/2022 at 7:21 PM, grawlix said:

The tech to grow back limbs is pretty prevalent.  Way back in the first season, one of the Canterbury crew had one of his limbs sheared off.  The next time we saw him, he was in the sick bay with the limb restored.

I have to go back and rewatch the first three seasons at some point. There are so many little details I forget. I do remember that Ceres was so different.

Just rewatched the latest episode. This is the ep that resonated with me the most this season. 

On 1/1/2022 at 3:59 PM, ahpny said:

First, what's the point of tether-spinning a bunch of supply containers? 

To create some gravity? 

On 1/1/2022 at 9:28 PM, Msample said:

Those two clusters of shipping containers at either end of the cache tether had what looked to be a LOT of containers; it’s certainly more than what the UN combat ships are carrying. Even if it’s not a lot, it’s a huge middle finger to Marco to give it back to the people he stole it from.

I was wondering if the two joined ships were capable of towing that much cargo. But then I remembered that mass is less important with minimal gravity🙃

Edited by marinw
On 12/31/2021 at 7:49 PM, mac123x said:

Opening scene:  I'm thinking "Why is the dead boy lying on a table out in the open?  That's pretty ghoulish."  Of course, he had to be on a table so his sister could wheel him out.  I still cannot work up any concern or interest in this stupid plotline.

This. I’m very disappointed with the lack of substance with the protomolecule storyline. When the rings opened at the end of last season and ships appeared to be zapped into nothingness I was excited. After all, the protomolecule is what started this whole mess but sadly this story has pretty much been stalled since season three. And with only two episodes left in the series, I can’t see them adding any significant value to the story. 

Like nearly everyone here, I can see all sides of the, to kill or not to kill Marco. That said, he should’ve been killed. As someone said, Holden should’ve handed the controls to Bobbie if he couldn’t do it because what’s the likelihood of then coming across this asshole again and having the opportunity to kill him. Moreover, Marco has gone on to kill more people and cause destruction, and  if there is another meeting with him, he may succeed in killing them. This was a bad call by Holden.

Speaking of Marco (and Filip) I feel like their storyline has stalled out too. It’s almost the same scenes and conversations with these characters every episode and Belters continue to follow the former blindly. It would be nice to see some cracks in the ranks and amongst the Belters, but nothing has changed really since last season. At first I thought Filip may go against his father, maybe even kill him. But with his constant flip flopping I don’t know if he’ll get there in two episodes. 

At this point, I am willing to bet that Drummer will kill Marco (and Filip will end up imprisoned) when this is all over. Naomi is just kind of there right now in the battle against Marco. I feel like the true battle now is between him and Drummer. 

This was the best episode thus far, in what has been a humdrum season. Hopefully things will pick up in these final two episodes. 

• Love 7

I'd hoped the Marco storyline would be resolved by now.  I'd wager that Babylon's Ashes spent more time with the Laconia/protomolecule storyline than the series has. 

Had Clarissa told Bobbie what Holden had done, she would have been obligated to relay that to Avasarala,  One can easily imagine her reaction-- she'd probably space Holden herself.  Holden should pass fire-control to Bobbie at this point.

I still have high hopes about the series ending in epic fashion; more at the level of Breaking Bad than GoT*.  I know they have to follow the books, but if the series ends with a turd, I'm probably less likely to read the books. 

* As Breaking Bad neared its finale, you just sort of knew it was going to kick ass.  As GoT came to a finish, you had a pretty good idea that it wasn't.  Unfortunately, this feels more like GoT's ending.  We'll know soon enough.  It's sooo tempting to peak at the book.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Enero said:

This. I’m very disappointed with the lack of substance with the protomolecule storyline. When the rings opened at the end of last season and ships appeared to be zapped into nothingness I was excited. After all, the protomolecule is what started this whole mess but sadly this story has pretty much been stalled since season three. And with only two episodes left in the series, I can’t see them adding any significant value to the story. 

I too miss the protomolecule stuff.  The way it was a game changer, the rings, other-worldly (in a space opera no less) elements of it and it all just disappeared into the ether.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 12/31/2021 at 3:40 AM, raven said:

The Laconia scenes, though obviously setting up some kind of future production, are not on the level of the rest of the episode - writing, acting, my interest level.  They are taking time away from the rest of the show, which is awesome, and we only have 2 episodes left.

I could not agree with this more. The acting is terrible, the actions make no sense (parents would allow their child to wander around a land unsupervised where the flora and fauna are at best unknown and at worst poisonous?), did I mention how terrible the acting is? I get they may be setting up a follow on series, but this should have been regulated to x-ray instead of taking time away from the main storyline.   

• Love 4

ON 12/31/2021 AT 10:14 AM, MISSLUCAS SAID:

Unbent, unbroken, unbowed. Live shamed, and die empty.

Making this my 2022 motto

Hopefully the first part, rather than the second, or you're going to have a bumpy year. 

I really can't imagine where they are going with the Laconia storyline. Especially with only 2 more episodes. It seems like they could have just skipped it entirely and just continued with the main story they are telling. Though that snake-headed dog-like thing that purrs is kind of cute. Those beasts and the weird birds are the best part of the Laconia sequences. I always love alien beasties, wherever they crop up. 

Edited by Jodithgrace
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Netfoot said:

I was thinking that if that nuke were to detonate somewhere like say Ceres, and it could be traced back to the Roci...

(I'm talking to myself again...)

The nuke wouldn't even have to detonate. If it were found on (say) Ceres and it looked like it had been set to detonate and was traced back, it would look bad for the Roci crew and all inners in general.

Duarte's speech to the little girl is just... bizarre. I haven't read the books, although I know Duarte is an important figure in them but he hasn't got a lot of time to become important in the series. Truly introduced in Act 4 (although I think he has been mentioned before) to be done by Act 6? At the rate we are going, whatever weapon Duarte is working on - and it pretty much has to be a weapon - will be the entire focus of Ep 6. Maybe it all ties together, the introduction of the weapon, the end of Marcos and the end of Duarte and Laconia.

• Love 4

Can't we just have Drummer push Marco and his evil man-bun* into that burnt sienna swirly proto-plasm stuff and be done with him?

Isn't the real pay-off solving the problem of who killed the off the ring-builders and then our gang doing something about it?**  Are we then done with Miller after the Season 4 finale?  Didn't he need a ride from Holden because he wanted to find out, too?  Harrummph.

*or evil man-boy-son?

** Do we need the Robinsons and the Robot from Lost in Space here?  DANGER, JIM HOLDEN!

• LOL 4
On 12/31/2021 at 10:13 AM, thuganomics85 said:

The rest of the episode was good though.  I'm glad that most of the Roci gang knows what Holden did (and while I'm usually all about being open and honest, I think Clarissa is right that it probably really wouldn't not end well if Bobbie ever found out), and the fallout that came with it.  Again, I feel for Holden and understand his reasons, but there is probably going to be major repercussions down the road for sparing Filip (and therefore, Marco.)  I just hope the blowback won't be fatal for anyone.  Also liked how Clarissa was the one who ends up giving him a nice pep talk at the end.  The whole trying to murder him thing was totally just a phase!

Reason Number One why two people in a relationship should not be serving together in wartime.  Holden needed to let Marco and Filip get blown up.

• Love 2
On 1/1/2022 at 8:04 PM, Enero said:

Like nearly everyone here, I can see all sides of the, to kill or not to kill Marco. That said, he should’ve been killed. As someone said, Holden should’ve handed the controls to Bobbie if he couldn’t do it

That's the problem, though -- Bobbie fired the torpedo, not Holden.  He could have just let it explode, but he had to actively intervene to stop it.  "I can't be the one that killed Filip" is weak since Bobbie would have be the "killer".  I guess he's being all Noble Captain and accepting responsibility for everything that happens on his ship, but come on, this is definitely one time he could have passed the buck.

8 hours ago, WildPlum said:

Duarte's speech to the little girl is just... bizarre. I haven't read the books, although I know Duarte is an important figure in them but he hasn't got a lot of time to become important in the series.

I was wondering who he was and why he was talking so much until someone eventually addressed him as Admiral.  He's the leader of this expedition, right?  Try watching that scene with the CC on -- the conversation in the background is about how the kid ran in front of a truck, the driver couldn't avoid him, but he (the driver) is going to get executed for it.  WOW, death penalty seems a bit harsh for vehicular homicide. 

I'm kind of hoping the kid gets revived, but it's a Pet Sematary situation and he murders everyone on the colony.  Then comes through the gate and murders Marco.  And Filip.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, mac123x said:

I'm kind of hoping the kid gets revived, but it's a Pet Sematary situation and he murders everyone on the colony.  Then comes through the gate and murders Marco.  And Filip.

Anything to get rid of Captain Guyliner of the FNS Jonestown and his hench-son.

• LOL 4
On 12/31/2021 at 6:31 AM, Msample said:

Drummers challenge to Marco reminds me of Omar Little calling out Marlo Stanfield on THE WIRE.

They should give Drummer a duster jacket and have Belters flee yelling “ Camina’s coming “!

omar.thumb.jpg.25e5906fe506fdb02eb71bdcb9bdc4a2.jpg

Omar would definitely be Team Drummer.  Rest in Peace Michael K. Williams.

• Love 5

If I'm betting, Naomi will set off the dud nuke. 

I like Duarte going back to the Dream of Mars motif. That was so important to so many people for so long. I don't know if Chrissy ever said this in the show, so I'm sorry if it's a book thing, but that was the real danger of the rings. The end of the Dream of Mars. She knew that the Dream had propelled generations of people towards a common goal, and now that goal was meaningless. Surprised there aren't nmore people like Duarte out there. 

• Love 3