Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Moment of Truth

• Start Topic

I truly hope Chris makes it work he has a great supportive wife. I also love misty trying to help while rolling her eyes 

im concern about Amy health doesn’t seem like she watching her weight like she should hopefully her family get a fresh start away from Tammy 

I could do case study on Tammy such a unhappy person who live in misery choosing crazy guys over her health. I’m betting she has low self image and self worth she desperately needs counseling. 

• Love 12

In the previews, Amy is so pissed that Tammy is talking again to the boyfriend she has a restraining order against.  I don't blame Amy for being fed up.  This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 12

Tammy truly believes that she is doing her family a favor by not making them wipe her asscrack. That’s fine and she can believe so if she chooses.

But it raises questions: Who is wiping it? Did it ever get wiped before Tisa won the job? Can I continue producing brain cells to replace the ones this show makes me want to erase?

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Tammy truly believes that she is doing her family a favor by not making them wipe her asscrack. That’s fine and she can believe so if she chooses.

But it raises questions: Who is wiping it? Did it ever get wiped before Tisa won the job? Can I continue producing brain cells to replace the ones this show makes me want to erase?

Maybe she bought a bidet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Tammy thinks her family needs to be more thankful that they don’t have to do more for her? What a bitch. And wow, how she sounded when she was talking about what could happen to Chris during surgery because of his asthma, she didn’t sound sad or worried at all, it seriously creeped me out.

Is there something wrong with Brittany’s hairline? She always has that big headband wrapped around her head. Makes me think of Da Brat who always wears wraps around her head because a lot of her hairline got pulled out from years of  wearing too tight hairstyles.

So, Phillip is insane, what a surprise. And of course Tammy says she went off her diet, as if she was on it to begin with.

Are the previews from this season? That seems like a lot happening for only 1 or 2 more episodes.

• Love 9

I found myself smiling several times during the scenes with Chris. His wife complimenting him, and then his sister asking when is the wife getting her eyes checked - Chris didn’t miss a beat and said something like ‘she has an appointment next week.’ They seem like good people, a good couple, and I hope for the best for them. I’d love to see Chris losing a decent amount of weight and having an easier time getting around. 

Edited by SDVegas
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, Kid said:

I could not believe that Tammy actually said that her FAMILY should be grateful that she was not bed bound.  Not that SHE  was grateful.  Wow.  

Plus she just assumes that they would be required to take care of her if she were.  If she eats herself into that situation, let her figure out the logistics.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, GaT said:

Is there something wrong with Brittany’s hairline? She always has that big headband wrapped around her head. Makes me think of Da Brat who always wears wraps around her head because a lot of her hairline got pulled out from years of  wearing too tight hairstyles.

So, Phillip is insane, what a surprise. And of course Tammy says she went off her diet, as if she was on it to begin with.

I think its because she has very tight curls and in the heat/humidity of where they live, its the best everyday solution. I knew a girl who pulled her wet hair back every single day of her life because she couldn't deal with the humidity of where we live. But that's just a guess. That being said, Brittany seems like a very pleasant and kind person, that's enough for me, but she could definitely gussie herself up a little bit! I don't mean that in a cruel way. As a whole they are not unattractive people and they would look nice with some products.

As for Phillip and my take on the phone calls, I think he was just messing with Tammy because he could. I don't really think he was going to get on a plane to Kentucky to beat down her door. I'm confident it was frightening in the moment, but come on. And then to find out in the previews there is a restraining order and she's still talking to him? What? I can't. 

• Love 7

Fell asleep before Live Chat last night (stupid smoke detector chirped due to low battery at 2 a.m. the night before). What the hell Tammy? Your family should be grateful that you can wipe and clean yourself? I loved these women S1, now I detest their slovenly habits and homes. Tammy is delusional. Everyone needs to run far away and let her navigate this.#Idoitmyself

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Plus she just assumes that they would be required to take care of her if she were.  If she eats herself into that situation, let her figure out the logistics.

Yes! Not only is she not grateful for everything they do she expects them to do it no matter what.  Wow I used to feel sorry for Tammy, but I can completely understand why no one wants to be around her. 

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Fell asleep before Live Chat last night

I totally fell asleep! Last night's episode was another nothing burger. I'm glad Chris got his surgery and I am hopeful for his success, but we've seen the surgery process a million times between this show and 600 pound life. We know what happens 😉

I was tuning in to see the drama with Tammy and Phillip, and there really wasn't anything more than what was shown on the previews.

I will say this however. Tammy seemed like she was drunk or high when she came into Chris's hotel room. And I didn't like when they showed her drinking and partying with the guys. It's her life and she's an adult and it's her right to party and have fun. It's just that drinking seems like a really unsafe activity for her because of her mobility, the strain on her organs and the effect of bloating and water retention on a person like her who already has issues with bloating and water retention.

As a side note, I have not had Covid (I'm lucky). I am very careful about my exposure and I waited to get the vaccine until I had to get it for work. I was SICK with the second shot. Laid up for almost a week. The thing that stands out to me the most after I recovered from my second shot is I can barely tolerate alcohol. One drink and I feel like I am instantly hung over. It makes me feel sick almost immediately. Then the next day I am super fatigued. It is so strange. I don't like it because I can't really enjoy a drink or two anymore. Then I hear Tammy say she drinks however many bottles a week (was it 7? 9?) and I want to hurl.

• Love 6

I did enjoy Amy's statement of "You can push and push a horse to water, and at the end of the day, that horse is just going to get tired and get pissed off at you." 

I also enjoyed, "They say fat people are so nice. That bitch ain't."  Michael's laugh at that line was pretty funny in itself. 

The show should really back off the music of doom during the surgery-related scenes.  Chris survived.  

Quoting from Spinal Tap:  It’s part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I’m working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don’t know why.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I simply cannot get over Tammy saying her family should be thankful she isn't bed bound. They should be grateful they don't have to wipe her ass. Who told her they would? She is so entitled, and her family is part of the problem. They made her feel this way and until they stop she will continue. I believe at this point they are continuing for the money provided by TLC and if the show stopped things would change. Shame on TLC for continuing to help her to her death and shame on her family. Tammy is an ungrateful, nasty bitch. Her pan sexual crap is fake as well, she did not come out. What she means is she would welcome anyone male or female who would throw her a bone as she knows she has nothing to offer. She's beyond desperate so anyone with a pulse will do.

Amy needs to wake up. I don't believe she's the brightest tool in the shed but pretending to be stupid for TV is not cute. She damn well knew what an inch was, it's silly and not "country." She needs to move away from Tammy, the only thing holding her there is the worry about the TLC paycheck. She needs to quit pretending she can't clean due to having a baby. How many women have had multiple children,  jobs and kept a clean house? Amy sits around all day with one job, caring for a 1 year old who sleeps most of the day. She also needs to get off her high horse about how she had the surgery. It was just the first step, she needs to continue to follow the program and it's clear she has not. Where are her recent weigh ins? She is still obese and to me it looks like she has gained. You are not done Amy! I am glad she is recognizing Tammy doesn't want to get well and she wants to move on, I just hope it is real. It's unfair that her husband has become Tammy's caretaker. He doesn't seem like the brightest bulb but he clearly loves Amy and helps Tammy because of his love for Amy.  As others have pointed out he could actually injure himself pushing Tammy around, if this happens how will he provide for his own family?

The only way I will watch another season of this show is if Amy moves away. I would be interested in seeing the new dynamic. I would also be curious to learn if Chris lost any weight, he seems like a good guy. I really don't want to watch Tammy die, it just seems cruel and makes me feel bad. As I've said before, TLC is a big company with lots of money. Tammy may reject any offers but they could set her up someplace with around the clock care and no outside ordered in meals allowed. I would at least like to know they offered to save her life rather than them filming her demise. She is awful, but she is an addict.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

One thing I noticed about Amy's husband is how much he was tickled at everything Gage did.  You can just see the love in his eyes for his son.

I also think he really adores Amy from what I have seen. I remember the time she was doing that dancing workout and he said something like, he was just happy that she was happy. 

• Love 17

Not that I’m expecting TLC to pay them like Bravo “Housewives”, but how is that 3 seasons into a relatively successful tv show Amy & Tammy are still basically living in poverty. Amy house hunting really brought that to light. How much are they making for this show? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Liquid6 said:

Not that I’m expecting TLC to pay them like Bravo “Housewives”, but how is that 3 seasons into a relatively successful tv show Amy & Tammy are still basically living in poverty. Amy house hunting really brought that to light. How much are they making for this show? 

Amy said she had You tube money too. They should be doing well.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Liquid6 said:

Because TLC doesn't want a show about people who have some money, they want a show about ignorant, poor people. I'm still  suspicious of Michael & Amy living in the little apartment thing (what is it? an apartment?, a house?, a motel?), I think they've already moved out, & they're just pretending to be living there for the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, GaT said:

I'm still  suspicious of Michael & Amy living in the little apartment thing (what is it? an apartment?, a house?, a motel?), I think they've already moved out, & they're just pretending to be living there for the show.

Maybe Tisa will move in next door to Tammy. However she seems too smart to do that unless there's TLC money involved.

I'm surprised Tammy doesn't have diabetes. She doesn't look like she's one to turn down a sheet cake with frosting or a gallon of ice cream. And that would just be appetizers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I couldn't believe she said that. That's a favor?

4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The show should really back off the music of doom during the surgery-related scenes.

I know, it was making me nervous because I like Chris.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, nokat said:

I haven't seen any pee pads.

There was that one scene where Tammy rolled herself into the bathroom and Tisa asked her if she would like her to "clean her". Tammy said no.

There is no way Tammy can reach down, around or over to clean her private areas. The only purpose her hands are still capable of is shoveling food in her mouth and making stupid SM videos.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Amy said she had You tube money too. They should be doing well.

I was thinking about this when Amy said they'd have to take out a loan to buy a house.  With her TLC money, Youtube money, and her husband's salary, and due to the fact the smallish house they were looking at probably cost less than $100,000, I would think they would be able to pay cash for the house.  

1 hour ago, GaT said:

Because TLC doesn't want a show about people who have some money, they want a show about ignorant, poor people.

Yeah, maybe the producer told Amy to talk about taking out a loan to continue the narrative.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yeah, maybe the producer told Amy to talk about taking out a loan to continue the narrative.  

I agree. I think (I hope) TLC is realizing they went in a really bad direction with this show. People aren't watching it because we like it anymore.

If it weren't for Chris, Gage and Michael they could cancel this shit show and I would not care.And as others have mentioned, Chris's wife, sister and Tammy's caregiver Tisa are keeping it alive. Tammy needs to go. She is just full of negativity and nastiness. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

There is no way Tammy can reach down, around or over to clean her private areas. The only purpose her hands are still capable of is shoveling food in her mouth and making stupid SM videos.

Hubby had 2 hip surgeries and bought a device that allowed him to clip on toilet paper and wipe. Not perfect, but allowed him to keep his dignity. Tammy has no dignity. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Hubby had 2 hip surgeries and bought a device that allowed him to clip on toilet paper and wipe. Not perfect, but allowed him to keep his dignity. Tammy has no dignity. 

My mother had a hip replacement and did more walking. This is what pisses me off about Tammy. Tisa said it well. There are people who wish they could walk and Tammy barely tries.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, nokat said:

My mother had a hip replacement and did more walking. This is what pisses me off about Tammy. Tisa said it well. There are people who wish they could walk and Tammy barely tries.

But she’s QUEEN Tammy!  She is entitled to sit on her massive derriere and be catered to by everyone!!  She seems to walk well enough when she chooses to.

1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

Or a 50 foot garden hose with the extra heavy-duty sprayer.

Wouldn’t that be some sight…

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CapeCodLuv said:

. I believe at this point they are continuing for the money provided by TLC and if the show stopped things would change.

I hope Amy's planning for this eventually.

The story lines will dry up soon enough and the show will be canceled or even more likely Tammy will drop dead and .... The End.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, CapeCodLuv said:

As I've said before, TLC is a big company with lots of money. Tammy may reject any offers but they could set her up someplace with around the clock care and no outside ordered in meals allowed. I would at least like to know they offered to save her life rather than them filming her demise. She is awful, but she is an addict.

I think that's exactly what happened and Tammy chose to leave early.   She is an adult and they can't make her stay there.  I'm not going to watch another season;  I don't want to watch Tammy die either. 

7 hours ago, CapeCodLuv said:

Shame on TLC for continuing to help her to her death and shame on her family.

I agree that TLC is basically a 21st century version of a circus sideshow.   On the other hand, because of this show Tammy (and Amy) have had access to more resources than most people in their position.  That's what's so tough to watch (for us and probably her family):  Tammy rejecting all chances at turning things around. 

• Love 14

Chris and Brittany seem very cute together 💜  I’d like to hear more from Brittany. I bet she’s got ALOT to say. So nice to see how she clearly adores Chris. 
I’m not a baby person at all, but god DANG that Gage is ADORABLE! 

More Brittany and Gage, less Tammy please.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm still  suspicious of Michael & Amy living in the little apartment thing (what is it? an apartment?, a house?, a motel?),

I've seen similar housing in other shows, and I think it might be section 8 housing.  

6 hours ago, Quilty said:

There’s no way that Tammy wipes her own ass.

I think some of the 600 lbers had some kind of reaching device.  I'll be damn if I'm gonna google it though.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1