Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Moment of Truth

• Start Topic

Glad Chris's surgery went well- he will have a lot to learn about how and what to eat. I'm sure he will do well once he figures it out. Big T- she says her family should be grateful she's not bed-bound?? WTF? I would have to put her in a facility so fast it would make her head spin. She sounds so entitled like everyone would have to take care of her? No way-she got herself in this situation-she could wallow in her own filth for all I care. It looks like Amy and Hubs are moving out-good for them. Just don't take the bugs with you to the new place. People have got to stop talking to Big T about the "diet". She doesn't want to be on a "diet" She will never stick to a "diet"-I think what she really wants is to eat herself into the grave and then she will be happy.

• Love 6

I thought I read or heard somewhere that Michael is much older.  Sounds like revisionist history, or I'm confusing them with another TLC sideshow couple...

I continue to be amazed that Amy is the fan favorite (her deliberate malapropisms aren't cute) and am not surprised to see yet another family member climbing into this clown car to ride the gravy train all the way to the bank; yes, I mix metaphors!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
15 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think some of the 600 lbers had some kind of reaching device.  I'll be damn if I'm gonna google it though.

I had to use one after I had back surgery.  It wasn't perfect, but very useful during the healing process.  That being said, I don't think it was long enough to be useful for Tammy, and I'm not even sure she's got enough range of motion to use one.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

Glad Chris's surgery went well- he will have a lot to learn about how and what to eat. I'm sure he will do well once he figures it out. Big T- she says her family should be grateful she's not bed-bound?? WTF? I would have to put her in a facility so fast it would make her head spin. She sounds so entitled like everyone would have to take care of her? No way-she got herself in this situation-she could wallow in her own filth for all I care. It looks like Amy and Hubs are moving out-good for them. Just don't take the bugs with you to the new place. People have got to stop talking to Big T about the "diet". She doesn't want to be on a "diet" She will never stick to a "diet"-I think what she really wants is to eat herself into the grave and then she will be happy.

I'm utterly amazed for Tammy to even think her family is going to take care of her if she gets bedbound.   Didn't they mention to her once about a nursing facility if she gets too bad?  Chris, Amy and Misty have their OWN families to take care of them.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Wollstonecraft said:

I'm utterly amazed for Tammy to even think her family is going to take care of her if she gets bedbound.   Didn't they mention to her once about a nursing facility if she gets too bad?  Chris, Amy and Misty have their OWN families to take care of them.  

They should ALL make this abundantly clear to Tammy.  She's a user of people, and needs to be made to stop.  
Weren't Amy & Michael house hunting last season, and close to buying one?

• Love 2

When is TLC going figure out that Tammy is NOT the reason most of us are watching? She is now the reason most of will stop watching.

I'm watching to see Chris be successful with his weight loss, baby Gage growing up, and hopefully Amy will cut off her enabling with Big T. 

Please TLC no more Tammy. You (and Tammy) are making viewers dislike her. Don't sign her up for another season. 

• Love 4

It doesn’t take a physics degree to see that there is no way that Tammy can stretch her fat arm over her massive stomach and reach her privates.  She air dries at best and probably throws away a lot of soiled underwear.    

• Love 4

I'm thinking Tammy doesn't wipe at all. She just leaves it as is and maybe it gets clean when and if she takes a shower. Or maybe it doesn't. As big as her butt cheeks are, I believe they kind of close up to hold the shit in. No way in hell she can reach around, even with a reacher, nor is she agile enough to use one.

I enjoy watching how much more comfortable Amy and Mike are with Gage since when he was first born. They didn't even know how to hold him. They're doing good. I wouldn't be surprised if they've had a lot of training off-camera.

I'm going to be 100% honest here and say that I don't really care if Tammy dies.

• Love 4

The fact that Tammy has the attitude and even admitted it out loud that she feels her family should be "GRATEFUL" that she is not bedbound and they don't have to wipe her butt says everything there is to say about this human.  She is one messed up woman for sure, but it's SO HARD to have any sympathy for her. 

When they did the flashback to Amy getting her surgery it was noticeable that Amy weighed more, AND that Tammy weighed less than current. 

• Love 10

As I recall, Tammy was previously in some kind of nursing home for a couple of years before the show and Amy is the last sibling to take her in because the others all threw her out... so she likely has no illusions that they will take care of her once she's bedridden. That said, she MAY have been hinting that without her there would be no SHOW, and she knows the only reason they're involved at all is for the show, so they ought to be grateful that she only needs them to buy groceries and push her around on filming days. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, libgirl2 said:

How in the heck would she be able to sit on it? It would break. 

Even if she could get on it, she could not operate it as the panel is on the side of the toilet and must be accessible to turn on.  Unless she got one with a remote control.

I have one and love it.  Especially the heated seat.  

ok back on topic.  This was a nothing episode and at one point forgot I was watching 1000lb sisters and was watching My 600lb Life.

Edited by gaPeach
  • Love 2