Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Mike's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't know anything about sports, but I didn't know they cared how many concussions you got.

Yes, after finding out how many ex-football players, boxers, and race car drivers have CTE, which is horrible.    A lot of sports limit return to action after concussions, and if you have too many, too often, then you may have to quit.   

• Love 3
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

Ok I’m behind, as usual, but Mom laughed? “Then it’s like uh-oh.  Hee hee.” If I had that boy living in my basement I would be sobbing on the floor. 

I'd be sending out change-of-address cards.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm gonna say this - I have never been a fan of sports. I don't like how football players are treated like kings, from high school on.  I saw some nasty stuff go on at Michigan where the players got away with all kinds of physical abuse and drugs when others would have been expelled.

I understand maybe his school couldn't give him a full scholarship anymore (and why are we doing that?) if he's not playing, but he got injured playing for them. At least give some tuition  or something. Assuming they can actually do college academics, no one should have to drop out because they got injured playing sports for their school. 

He's another one who says he loves his kids, but actually, he doesn't love them, or himself, enough to lose weight. I'm not sympathetic to these people anymore. 

Wow - I'm listening to him breathe just getting into the van. Awful.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, after finding out how many ex-football players, boxers, and race car drivers have CTE, which is horrible.    A lot of sports limit return to action after concussions, and if you have too many, too often, then you may have to quit.   

No joke my friend played rugby in high school. I was at a game and he hurt his leg, the coach called him a pussy and made him push through. Turns out he broke his femur. Coaches are assholes.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

And no meth lab!

That we know of

4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Does that mean I can't snark until you release me???

I don't know! But just in case, I release you since I cannot live without your snark. 

1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Mike may have been a big child but he didn't really look too overweight.  I guess he wanted to eat his body up to what he thought he looked like (and succeeded spectacularly).

He looked like what we used to call "Husky" when I was a kid. A big boy but not extraordinary.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Helllloo pounders! Long time no chat. Eating habit was Lima beans. I’m in the process of moving, so that was the best I could do.

We aren't yet in the process of moving, but we are starting to pack stuff up so maybe we are.   We had planned to move in late spring, but after Mr Twopper's little stroke, the "kids" want us moving closer to our daughter and SIL.   I have 3000 sq feet of stuff that has accumulated over 40 years to deal with.   My grandmother had more than that in a huge house that belonged to the family for 6 generations, and she had a heart attack a few months after moving to an independent living place. 

I just had a bunch of text messages.  So is he now divorced?  I heard wife and children, then when I looked up he was having dinner with his parents.

• Love 6

19 hours best route to Dr. Now's.      I'm guessing first drive thru in less than an hour, and I bet it will be three days of whining about how much pain Mike's in.   

So, first drive thru before they hit the interstate.    Burger King, with Whoppers, and about 6,000 more calories.   I bet BK would pay the producers to cut that part out. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

Working from home was my normal pre-pandemic. Even easier now. 

I was WFH pre-pandemic and I just got a new job where it's a hybrid sort of thing.  After three years of remote, I started to get the urge to see people and make new friends.  It's going okay, so far.  But driving to downtown is...going to take some getting used to!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I just realized that this week I’ve been kind of living like a pounder. With the move in progress, I have stuff ev.er.y.where, and my boyfriend brings me food 🤣 On the other hand, whatever he brings, I eat half for lunch and then half for dinner, so there is that. Not going to talk about how much of my mom’s dressing I’ll eat tomorrow. Nope, not going there! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Quick bite to eat before we get outta town...

Double whopper, chicken, onion rings, pie, giant drink... does that include dad's or did he order his own?

There's no way that's dad's portion too.   And that coffee order with a ton of sugar in it was ridiculous. 

• Love 2