Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Welcome To Rehab

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sadie said:

Well that was depressing and frustrating. Why Tammys family caves to her every single time is a mystery and she is gonna die. I don’t get it. If Tammy wants to come home have her figure out transportation, once she gets home no party, just everyone living their life, make her get her own meds, find her own food. I realize part of being a tv show is them all interacting but they are literally helping her to her death. I hope this fame is worth it because once she’s dead and this show goes off the air they will have to live with this. I realize she’s an addict and these are her choices but they are such horrific enablers that’s it’s no wonder she never gets better, she doesn’t have to. 

Well said.  And she is nastier than ever.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, sadie said:

Well that was depressing and frustrating. Why Tammys family caves to her every single time is a mystery and she is gonna die. I don’t get it. If Tammy wants to come home have her figure out transportation, once she gets home no party, just everyone living their life, make her get her own meds, find her own food. I realize part of being a tv show is them all interacting but they are literally helping her to her death. I hope this fame is worth it because once she’s dead and this show goes off the air they will have to live with this. I realize she’s an addict and these are her choices but they are such horrific enablers that’s it’s no wonder she never gets better, she doesn’t have to. 

Yeah, the decorations were ridiculous.  They don't want her to come home before she's lost 100 lbs., but yet they throw a celebration saying Welcome Home.  

Not only did Tammy refuse to help Amy order the medicine, she was outright nasty about it.  Like, how dare Amy ask me to take care of my health matters. 

• Love 17

I think Tammy is immature she's boy crazy and doesn't listen to people who want to help her. I don't know how she survived Covid. I love Amy I thought it was great that she joined the exercise class and wasn't bothered by being with thinner women. I think she'll lose more weight once she moves away from Tammy. I wonder how Chris gained so much weight. I've gained weight after surgery but not forty pounds. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If looks could kill, Chris would be dead and buried.  Tammy was so mad about the cooktop.  Heaven forbid she try to take care of herself.  She is really scary when she's angry. 

What's she going to do, glare you to death? She's just a nasty pig of a person & I'm sorry, but they should just get on with their lives & let her die.

I thought Amy & Michael bought a house & were moving out last season? What happened to that?

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

I thought Amy & Michael bought a house & were moving out last season? What happened to that?

I recall seeing something about a new house in the preview for the coming season.  I think they must have bought one but have yet to move in.  When Amy was shown looking at a home last season, she allowed as how there would have to be a ramp put in .  I sure hope that would be for Tammy’s visits as opposed to her eventual residency.  Amy, MIke, and Gage need to live in a home without Tammy.  

• Love 15

I still sort of like Tammy and can sympathize with her.  I know what depression is like and I can only imagine the feeling of being trapped in a prison that's your own body.  I think she loves Amy but I am sure there are feelings of abandonment and desperation at the fact that Amy is moving in a positive direction and she is still going the opposite.  I'm sure she's given up and feels like she might as well give herself some pleasure through eating what she likes.

If I were Chris there is no way I would have driven 8 hours (that's a LONNNG ride) to pick her up when it is so painfully obvious she needed to stay at the rehab.  I wonder if they could no longer afford it?  

However, all feelings of sympathy were lost at her reaction to the very nice gift of the table and cooktop.  That was a very nice and very useful gift.  She obviously expects Amy to continue to do everything for her.  Amy thinks she's helping but is killing Tammy through her enabling.  Maybe they'd have better luck if Chris was Tammy's primary caregiver as he seems to be the only one not afraid to call Tammy on her bullshit.

• Love 14

Ok so how is Amy going to drop everything and help Miss Useless when Gage starts being a toddler?  She cannot and should not do Tammy's laundry, clean her house and go get her food. That's where I'd draw the line.  Chris and Michael definitely need to stop pushing Tammy's ungrateful huge ass in the wheelchair.  It's a wonder they haven't hurt their backs or worse.  I agree with the poster above, let the county know and ket a caseworker take care if her.  I dont care that Tammy has depression- she has to help herself and grow up.

Btw I bet Tammy's care is 100% on the state of Kentucky.  

Edited by Wollstonecraft
  • Love 22

I would be interested to know what, if any, backstory there is with the family dynamic and taking care of Tammy. I’d bet there was something that went on that put Amy, and to a lesser extent, Chris is the position of being responsible for Tammy and maybe even protecting her. And when Amy couldn’t do that as a child, she keeps trying as an adult. I think Amy acts not so much out of love for her sister as much as out of the guilt of not being able to do what she was unfairly expected to do when they were kids. I don’t say that with judgment, but just to recognize how horribly complicated it all is. Make no mistake, Amy and her siblings were probably terribly abused in multiple ways. That doesn’t mean I think Tammy shouldn’t be required to sink or swim, but I just don’t see any of them as being deliberately bad people.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Tammy got wind that Amy was living her best life with her in rehab and came home to put the kibosh on that. 

I ABSOLUTELY believe that.  Tammy is a career victim and victims always envy people who work hard and accomplish their goals.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

If I were Chris there is no way I would have driven 8 hours (that's a LONNNG ride) to pick her up when it is so painfully obvious she needed to stay at the rehab.  I wonder if they could no longer afford it?  

Since the cameras were allowed in, I'm thinking maybe the show paid for the rehab to give them additional storylines. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Calling Dr.Paradise! Would love to see him work with Tammy. Only watched a clip as I'm still struggling with the time change. Saving it for tonight. Why is awful Family Chantal in the early time slot? TlC- am requesting a time swap. Please and thank you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I forget the exact number of sandwiches Tammy said she would normally eat (where in rehab she would get one). I think she said four or five. I would be willing to believe four or five hoagie type sandwiches, because I don't think she was doing any food preparation at home. Amy always speaks of picking up food for Tammy, or going to get her food. If they were sliced bread sandwiches she could easily take down a lot more than four or five.

She really was doing well in rehab, but I honestly believe she thought 60 pounds was enough. From the looks of the previews they showed throughout the episode, she gained that 60 back and then some. And she went right back to the BBW chat rooms for attention and justification for her addiction. 

I agree with ReadHeaded's comment about guilt above, and I think guilt and love (or care) are two horns on the same goat. It's a real shame because when something eventually happens to Tammy, those close to her like Amy and Chris will blame themselves to some extent. That is so incredibly unfair.

Amy has a real kindness about her. She wasn't intimidated by the other "fancy" women at the exercise class. She just got right in there with them and had fun. I'd really like to see the show follow Amy and Chris and their successes and not focus so much on Tammy literally sucking the air out of the room. Unless she gets her act together and starts putting in the work. I've said it before - seeing morbidly obese folks make changes and succeed is incredibly motivating for people like them who are watching. Perpetuating the failures (like Tammy so far) is depressing and makes people think weight loss is not possible. 

That being said, I can't wait for the new sister to show up and start giving it back to Tammy. I like her already. Tammy thinks people aren't letting her speak when she cuts them off mid-sentence and they don't stop talking.

• Love 19

Amy and Chris seem like very nice people.  Sure, they're crude.  But they are kind and supportive of each other.  

I understand Amy's statements that they don't express emotion in their family.  Thing is, they don't express emotions in a healthy way.  Chris is the best at being able to express how he is feeling.  They definitely had many difficulties in childhood that led to this dynamic.  Amy seems to be learning to stand up for herself more.  Tammy has not addressed how her actions and treatment of others has created her situation. If someone says something kind to her, she doesn't know how to feel about it.  When someone says something even neutrally honest, she lashes out. If someone mentions she's large, she has to say how large they are.  If someone says she needs help, she has to claim they do to or that they are somehow failing her.  She needs so much psychological help. 

They showed the meals and the physical work in rehab. I do wonder how much psychological support she was getting?  I would hope they had both group and individual therapy.  She would also need classes on nutrition, basic cooking, how to care for herself.  It's like she's starting at age 5. 

I also wonder if getting psychological help is what made her run away from rehab.  If they actually started digging into her issues, I could see her scurrying off quickly. Okay, let's make that emotionally shutting down and deciding to get away from having to do the work. Tammy's constant refrain of "Can't I just be happy for once?" needs to be challenged.  She can be happy; however, it will be a very long road to get there.  It is not going to be fixed by yet another loser boyfriend. 

As to how Chris put so much weight back on so quickly, he could barely walk for 6 weeks.  At his size, having recently lost weight and suddenly having almost no activity, weight comes back very rapidly.  His body had not yet adjusted to being a lower weight.  The fat cells had shrunk but they were still there and ready to fill up again.   It is a shame that the infection impacted him so badly.  I appreciated his honesty in saying that his size was part of the reason this happened.  

This show started as a goof between two codependent sisters.  Over time, it has become one of the more real reality shows. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Since the cameras were allowed in, I'm thinking maybe the show paid for the rehab to give them additional storylines. 

And THAT is why it is such a wasted opportunity.  And THAT is why I lost sympathy.  There is no statute of limitations on the effects of child abuse.  As a child, in these cases, you are a victim and you have no choice in the matter. I have no doubt Tammy suffered abuse and or/ neglect.  That being said, and I speak from experience, when you are an adult REMAINING a victim is a choice. You can choose to remain a victim or you can become a survivor. And that choice drives your decisions.

Tammy gets to continue to enjoy her fix. Her clothes are washed, her shopping is done, her house is cleaned, her meals are cooked, leaving her time to do stupid videos and chase men with fetishes.  She is getting a payoff from her choices.  At the expense of Amy. But that is Amy’s choice because she is addicted to Tammy.  Hopefully,  she does better when she moves into her home away from Tammy.

This may all be a script of course. But, coming from an alcoholic and codependent family myself, the family dynamic certainly appears real to me.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18

Well I  see Tammy hasn't gotten any smaller. Those meals she had at rehab were big to me-but I'm not her size and I never ate like her. They looked pretty good, though. She lost 60 pounds? Well, that will be gained back in a heartbeat. And her disdain at the gifts they gave her when she got home-maybe she wouldn't have to order a burger "out" if she made it herself? She is truly one mean bitch. Amy needs to get away ASAP so she can have a life with her hubby and son-forget about Tammy and her BS and her horrible attitude and spitefulness.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Tammy got wind that Amy was living her best life with her in rehab and came home to put the kibosh on that. 

If it was me, I wouldn't have left early after only losing 40 lbs or so because of the sheer embarrassment. Here the family was so happy that (1) Tammy was going to get help and (2) Tammy would be out of their hair and they could focus on their own lives for once.

But no. Here comes Tammy, rolling back into the lives of her family ahead of schedule, who are all sick and tired of catering to her and her freakin' horrible attitude. Where was the embarrassment? I guess people like her don't have that emotion; it's all about her and what she wants. She's so special! And her family caters to her like no tomorrow.

I can't stand her. I like Amy, despite all the fart jokes (really? Girls, you are grown women, stop with the adolescent behavior). Truth be told, I don't think Tammy has what it takes to curb the eating. If she thinks she can continue to lose weight with one burger a day, she is delusional. One burger will become a triple cheeseburger, large fries, chicken wings with a side of cake. Add a few shakes in there. She doesn't have the intellect, discipline or willpower to hit even the smallest of weight loss on her own. She has never heard the word "goal" either.

Oh, the gifts she received for her homecoming. Crack a smile, Tam-tam. I would disown her if she were my sister.

• Love 17

I get that Tammy has a food addiction. I get that Tammy has severe psychological issues stemming back to childhood. What I don't get is being offered therapy,  rehab and every other resource imaginable and giving up. 

Unless there's a miracle really soon,Tammy is too far gone for help. So very sad. 

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Tammy's addiction holds more value to her than her health, and the feeder fetishists give her the attention and positive reinforcement she craves/needs so she can justify her addiction. That's what being happy means to Tammy.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Outline for the rest of the season:

(1) When the sisters are speaking to each other, end each sentence with "bitch" or "stupid".

(2) When family members are near each other, use the word "fart" or actually fart. Make sure other family members react to it.

(3) Find yet more siblings to populate this show since 1 and 2 are getting extremely boring.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

Outline for the rest of the season:

(1) When the sisters are speaking to each other, end each sentence with "bitch" or "stupid".

(2) When family members are near each other, use the word "fart" or actually fart. Make sure other family members react to it.

(3) Find yet more siblings to populate this show since 1 and 2 are getting extremely boring.

They have added cooter to the list.  I really did not need to see Chris’ ruptured boil not once but twice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

They have added cooter to the list.  I really did not need to see Chris’ ruptured boil not once but twice.

Three times if you count the photo pulled up on his phone when he went over to Tammy and Amy’s house but the interaction wasn’t shown 😆

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

End with... begin with... greet with... call to with... praise with... complain with...

The “bitch” thing irritates me to no end. It’s not funny or familiar, it’s just rude.

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, LeesburgLee said:

End with... begin with... greet with... call to with... praise with... complain with...

The “bitch” thing irritates me to no end. It’s not funny or familiar, it’s just rude.

I think it was in the movie "Mean Girls" when Tina Fey chides girls for calling each other "bitch". So unnecessary. Not funny or charming. Just a horrible thing to call anyone.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Amy and Chris seem like very nice people.  Sure, they're crude.  But they are kind and supportive of each other.  

I understand Amy's statements that they don't express emotion in their family.  Thing is, they don't express emotions in a healthy way.  Chris is the best at being able to express how he is feeling.  They definitely had many difficulties in childhood that led to this dynamic.  Amy seems to be learning to stand up for herself more.  Tammy has not addressed how her actions and treatment of others has created her situation. If someone says something kind to her, she doesn't know how to feel about it.  When someone says something even neutrally honest, she lashes out. If someone mentions she's large, she has to say how large they are.  If someone says she needs help, she has to claim they do to or that they are somehow failing her.  She needs so much psychological help. 

They showed the meals and the physical work in rehab. I do wonder how much psychological support she was getting?  I would hope they had both group and individual therapy.  She would also need classes on nutrition, basic cooking, how to care for herself.  It's like she's starting at age 5. 

I also wonder if getting psychological help is what made her run away from rehab.  If they actually started digging into her issues, I could see her scurrying off quickly. Okay, let's make that emotionally shutting down and deciding to get away from having to do the work. Tammy's constant refrain of "Can't I just be happy for once?" needs to be challenged.  She can be happy; however, it will be a very long road to get there.  It is not going to be fixed by yet another loser boyfriend. 

As to how Chris put so much weight back on so quickly, he could barely walk for 6 weeks.  At his size, having recently lost weight and suddenly having almost no activity, weight comes back very rapidly.  His body had not yet adjusted to being a lower weight.  The fat cells had shrunk but they were still there and ready to fill up again.   It is a shame that the infection impacted him so badly.  I appreciated his honesty in saying that his size was part of the reason this happened.  

This show started as a goof between two codependent sisters.  Over time, it has become one of the more real reality shows. 

I was wondering the same thing, so when they showed the sign as they were leaving the rehab place I googled it and found this:  https://windsorlanehome.com/bariatricweightlossprogram/

I don’t see any mention of mental health therapy, which Tammy so desperately needs 🙁. Anybody else remember that show about Brookhaven?  They were supposed to be helping with weight loss there too, but in reality they couldn’t prevent people from ordering food in, and of course they did.  It was basically a nursing home for the super obese. This place gave me the same vibe. 

Tammy is more unlikable than ever, I could not deal with her. When someone gives you a present, the correct response is THANK YOU!  What an ungrateful piece of work. When she passes, who will truly mourn her without a sense of relief?  Sad waste of a life. 

• Love 13

Surprising to me, Brookhaven is still in business, and has a bariatric section.   

The fact is that people have rights, and people in an obesity program like the one Tammy went to, or Brookhaven, or any other one, aren't prisoners, so if they want to order food in, or enablers bring them food, the facility can't stop the patients from having access.    But, they can tell non-compliant patients to leave.  

I wish Tammy would embrace the program, lose weight, and get healthy.    

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Kid said:

Tammy gets to continue to enjoy her fix. Her clothes are washed,

There's no reason why she couldn't get an apartment size washer & dryer.  I bet TLC would spring for it, as it would be a good "Tammy getting independent" story line.
She is such a truly nasty bitch, and want to put a Free Amy sign on her door.
They shouldn't have cooked for her.  If she's hungry enough she'll  use the hot plate.
She's one of the most dislikeable people on TV, since the Assanti brothers and Shenee from 600 Lb Life.
Amy, take care of YOUR child, husband, and yourself.  She won't starve.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

Chris gave the true reason, (IMO) which was sort of buried.  He said that she would end up fighting the program and getting kicked out, so it's not worth it for her to stay.  It sounds as if he speaks from experience.

Amy and Tammy apparently stopped maturing in their pre-teens.  From years of watching Intervention, I've learned that it's par for the course for addicts to stop maturing at the age when they first started their addiction, and the abuse/trigger began.  Their mother was awful, and I recall them talking about their terrible childhood.  Chris is the oldest, right?  Maybe he escaped some of that and it's why he's an adult.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Chris gave the true reason, (IMO) which was sort of buried.  He said that she would end up fighting the program and getting kicked out, so it's not worth it for her to stay.  It sounds as if he speaks from experience.

Amy and Tammy apparently stopped maturing in their pre-teens. 

Well, I think the responsibility of being a mother will help mature Amy somewhat.  At least I hope so.  I am sure the exercise class was for the show, and I can't imagine how the women will feel about how she characterized them--I don't remember the adjective she used and I deleted the show.

I am surprised Tammy lasted as long as she did without ordering a burger--or 5--while she was an inpatient.  Her rudeness at the gift was inexcusable, although I guess she was embarrassed because it was filmed.

I remember Brookhaven and also a show about a place in Ohio.  I cannot believe how long I have watch these "fat" shows.  

• Love 9

Tammy was so full of it when she was bragging and smirking about how great she is at sex.  The woman gets winded walking down the hall.  Even putting aside the physical challenges of anymore even accessing her genitals, you know she just lies there like a jumbo sack of potatoes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

So was it Jerry that she booty called before she went into rehab?

She talked about making friends her own size and never mentioned it again. I realize that the other patients could not be shown on camera but I hoped we would hear something about the social aspect of rehab. I wonder if she was mean to them. 

I shuddered when she talked about someone breaking down her walls enough to get into a relationship with her and how she makes it worth it (or some such). I don’t think an immobile clinger is what anyone is looking for, but then again I don’t know much about this sub group of feeder fetishists. It’s scary to think about 😱

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 7

My thoughts:

When Dr. Now admitted patients and had them follow his plan, they lost large amounts of weight. In 8 weeks, Tammy should have lost that 100 pounds. 

Once again, Chris is the voice of reason but he folds too quickly when it comes to Tammy. He should have never picked her ungrateful lard ass up after only 60 pounds. 

Chris’ wife needs to have thought bubbles above her head when she’s on camera. Brittney has an excellent poker face but I want to know what she is thinking about all that goes on! Chris must treat her well, which I believe he does, but she isn’t enjoying having to deal with Tammy or Amy and I don’t blame her one bit! I really want to hear her thoughts about Tammy and Amy. 

• Love 10

I was kind of pissed that they even put up decorations to welcome Tammy home, she did not do what she  needed to do. I agree, I would have taken that hot plate and popped her in the head with it. They meant well by getting her something that was manageable to be able to cook for herself, but Tammy wants to be waited on, taken care of because she is down right lazy. She also mentions that Covid was hard for her because she was stuck at home, I truly think she has been stuck at home a lot longer due to her size. I am sad for Amy. she deserves to concentrate on Gage and her husband. Amy can't drive, so her husband is the one who has to take Amy to get all the stuff that Tammy  needs. I bet it was like a vacation when Tammy was in rehab. I noticed the primary nurse said she cheated a few times while there, hence probably only losing 60lbs. Sometimes families just need to know when is enough, no matter how hard it is. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, HahYallDoin said:

When Dr. Now admitted patients and had them follow his plan, they lost large amounts of weight. In 8 weeks, Tammy should have lost that 100 pounds. 

She must have cheated many many times to have only lost 60lbs in 2 months.  At her size she should have lost 100lbs easy.  At her weight, I bet the first 50lbs is water.

I am on the same bus with most that Tammy is nasty, self-centered human being.  I don't get why they all tiptoe around her most of the time.  Is it just all learned behavior from their childhood?  You know what the family needs to do is their own group mental therapy to help them break habits from the past.  If Tammy won't seek help for her eating addiction then her family needs therapy on how to stop feeding Tammy's addiction.  I think that would have more of an impact on Tammy then begging her to lose weight.  Tammy gets the attention she is seeking while making her siblings miserable.  Its time the family rallies around Amy with support instead of Tammy. 

• Love 20
14 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

Agree. It's a classless thing to say. I can't imagine greeting my sister, "hey, bitch!" It's quite offensive, actually.

14 hours ago, Kbo said:

Tammy is more unlikable than ever, I could not deal with her. When someone gives you a present, the correct response is THANK YOU!  What an ungrateful piece of work. When she passes, who will truly mourn her without a sense of relief?  Sad waste of a life. 

I've always taught my kids when someone gives you a gift, they have thought about you, took time to purchase it, paid money they earned for it and presented it to you. For that, you are grateful and thank them (whether you like the gift or not). Not Tammy. She's ungrateful and has absolutely no manners. What a despicable person.

Agree, when she passes away, the family will have their obligatory mourning period, but I suspect they will then breathe a big sign of relief, go about living their lives and hardly bring up Tammy again. What great memories do they have of her to look back on and reflect upon? "Oh, I remember the time Tammy downed a few chickens with a few liters of soda". Tammy needs to think about that.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I’m stressed over Amy having to be her caretaker. 

Amy is choosing to take care of her.  And, that is the problem.  

Get her a state provided health care worker or use the money she makes from TLC to pay for one.  If she has less money to use on fast food, that is a good thing.

I hope this is the season Amy gets wise.  Because, you cannot lift an addict up (no pun intended) without their cooperation, but they can drag you down with YOUR cooperation.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

You know what the family needs to do is their own group mental therapy to help them break habits from the past.  If Tammy won't seek help for her eating addiction then her family needs therapy on how to stop feeding Tammy's addiction.  I think that would have more of an impact on Tammy then begging her to lose weight.  Tammy gets the attention she is seeking while making her siblings miserable.  Its time the family rallies around Amy with support instead of Tammy. 

So THIS!!!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Tammy was so full of it when she was bragging and smirking about how great she is at sex.  The woman gets winded walking down the hall.  Even putting aside the physical challenges of anymore even accessing her genitals, you know she just lies there like a jumbo sack of potatoes.

Maybe the men put melted cheese, sauerkraut and chili beans on their penises so Tammy will last longer down there.

Whatever the reason is for these men and Tammy to find attractive about each other is another sick dimension of serious mental issues. 

I'm so over Tammy and feeling sympathy for her. Maybe she wants to make this series all about her and just call it "1000 pound sister". 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6