Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Double Time

• Start Topic

OK,

now we have to worry

Spoiler

about a prodigy being the next victim or is Jan just a big ole liar?

I am slightly more confused and we have one episode to go. I hope they don't go with a cliff hanger.....

Edited by sjankis630
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, sjankis630 said:

I am slightly more confused and we have one episode to go. I hope they don't go with a cliff hanger.....

I suspect we will have solved Tim's murder but there will be a cliffy setting up the second season

• Love 5

Certainly wasn't expecting Jane Lynch to show up as Charles' stunt double from "back in the day", but that ended up being a brilliant bit of casting.  But with everything coming to ahead, I wonder if there is a reason to bring a character who looks a lot like him in right now.  In other words, she might want to watch her back in case some kind of "mistaken identity" situation happens.

So, now signs are being pointed towards Jan thanks to her lying about being first chair in the orchestra and Oliver/Mabel finding one of her instrument parts in Tim's sex toy box.  I'm still going to wait and see.  It does seem like something shady is going on here, but I'm still not sure if she's the actual murderer.  Even if her stabbing from last week was self-inflicting, I don't see the point of her taping a note to her own door, unless she was putting on a show for someone.  Yeah, something else is going on here.

After the first half of the season focused so much on Mabel's relationship with Charles, I'm continuing to really dig the scenes between Oliver and Mabel, and the interplay between Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

All of the team is facing eviction now.  I wonder if it is truly because the landlady doesn't want anymore press and attention or if she does have another agenda here.

Finale next week!

• Love 15

I’ve never cared for Jan, so I’m hoping it’s not her. I could see how/why she’d not mention she was being moved down a chair, so maybe that’s a misdirect. 

Sazz was great, but I’ll watch Jane Lynch read a phone book.

This was my least favorite episode. Too much arguing that seemed like filler. Charles is quitting, but we know he won’t. The tenants would rather let a murderer get away than have some bad publicity for the building, which is already too late anyway. Teddy and Theo go out with just a front page, and we spent all those weeks focusing on the jewelry thefts and The Cutter and Tim’s search that had nothing to do with his death?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this.  I too worry about Sazz with her looking so much like Charles. 

I really loved the beginning when Oliver was "taking back" their final conclusion from the previous week but still shoehorning in their sponsor promoting responsibilities by telling everyone they can enjoy their Dimas sandwiches with the knowledge that they hadn't killed anyone recently.

7 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

After the first half of the season focused so much on Mabel's relationship with Charles, I'm continuing to really dig the scenes between Oliver and Mabel, and the interplay between Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

They're great together.  I think her more sardonic attitude works really well with his more outgoing personality. It's a nice balance.

Charles and Oliver own their apartments, don't they?  How can they be evicted? Could someone who owns an apartment tell me that?  Would the building sell it and give them their money?  Would the building keep it?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8
  • Could Jan have been stabbed just so the new prodigy bassoonist could grab the first chair position?  

• Could the bassoon prodigy have been Jan’s student?  

• Could Tim Kono and the bassoon prodigy’s boyfriend be related?   

• Why was Tim carrying someone else’s trash bag?  

• Why did Tim Kono have a bassoonist’s cleaner?  

• Why did Tim Kono have a diamond engagement ring? Perhaps to propose to Mabel after he found enough evidence against the Dimases to get them sent to prison so they couldn’t threaten anyone with harm?   
    Or was Tim going to propose to the bassoon prodigy?  

• Why was Tim poisoned and shot?  

• Will Sazz get shot?
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Charles and Oliver own their apartments, don't they?  How can they be evicted? Could someone who owns an apartment tell me that?  Would the building sell it and give them their money?  Would the building keep it?

Not quite. See:   
nycbar.org/get-legal-help/article/landlord-tenant/co-ops-condos-and-lofts

If you live in a cooperative (also known as “co-op”) apartment, you are the owner (shareholder) and a tenant at the same time.  You own shares in the corporation which owns the building, but you are also a tenant who rents an apartment from the corporation.…

Co-op boards have a lot of freedom in deciding how to run their buildings and whether to evict a tenant for objectionable conduct.  The Housing Court usually will not second-guess the board’s decision when it has decided to terminate a tenant/shareholder’s lease for objectionable conduct.…

• Useful 10
  • Love 1

Not sure Jan and Tim were having the relationship, but maybe Tim was involved with the prodigy? I don't know, but I'm glad that it's looking like Jan is suspicious somehow. However, if it turns out the that the guy next to Charles at the concert is the murderer, because Tim WAS involved with the prodigy and the guy next to Charles thought he should be with the prodigy,  so killed Tim to get him out of the way, I'm gonna be mad. That's introducing someone late in the game. 😠

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Now I really have no idea what's going on.

- I don't think Jan killed Tim (what's with the note on her door?)
- I feel like we would have known if another bassoonist lived at the Arconia (unless Charles mistook some of the practicing music that he heard for all Jan's when really there are two bassoonists?)
- The wounded/maybe dead tie-dye person from the opening scene of the series could be anyone now that Oliver has merch to distribute
- Wait what if the trashbag was Jan's because Tim was sleeping with her (but why would he take Jan's trash though?) and she was thinking of killing herself because she was no longer first bassoonist in the symphony
- The tenants are jerks for voting to evict the trio; I mean it's the actual murderer who is making the building look bad
- Bunny is no Bunny!!
- Now I want an omelet

• Love 10

Tim Kono's garbage bag might have been the trash from the Deli King's apartment, there wasn't a lot there, so maybe they dump it every day. Tim Kono could have been collecting it for years for his investigation.

Bassoon Lady might have been First Chair, but since she was stabbed and out for over 3 weeks, she might have been replaced by Younger Bassoon Lady. It is possible that her injury had nothing to do with the "Murderer In The Building" and more to do with her Orchestra position, while the "note" might have been from the "Murderer In The Building".   

I wonder what the policy is for letting people into the building and onto the elevators that go to apartments, is there a guard.

There was no mention of Zoe's parents, where are they while their daughter is getting all this media coverage.

You would think Oscar's father would at least be civil with Mabel now, does Oscar even talk to his father?

Next episode the murder will be explained, it will not end with a cliffhanger. I am sure I will still have plenty of unanswered questions though.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

You would think Oscar's father would at least be civil with Mabel now, does Oscar even talk to his father?

It is Oscar's father that set him up the appointment with the lawyer upstate who was going to try to get his record expunged in light of learning that Theo killed Zoe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Alison, the first chair bassoonist, was having an affair with Tim -- despite having a boyfriend, because she has a type -- and Jan wanted to poison her, but accidentally poisoned Tim instead? That's all I got.

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

The trash bag and sex toy connection points toward Tim and Jan having been together. Jan seems a bit sexually aggressive and always-on. There was something about Jan or in Jan's apartment from another episode that had me briefly wondering if they had been together, but I discounted it as silly and now I forget what it was. It's too nice outside today to sit inside and rewatch until I find it LOL.

But the prodigy bassoonist is an interesting angle, though likely a red herring. I'll bite: If the prodigy was up-and-coming after Jan's first seat, did Jan give her a poisoned bottle of alcohol while at work, which the prodigy then took to Tim's apartment and he drank? Then someone else came along and shot Tim in the head, without realizing he was already dead? Jan saddling up to Charles right before the podcast took off was always suspicious.... and I wonder if someone wasn't hiding in Tim's apartment the afternoon the team took their first look around. (A book was moved/taken between the team going there and Mabel going back on her own. Or it was a set decoration error.)

At the end of this, I can't imagine Tim's death won't, in some way, connect to the jewelry and missing/misdelivered packages. I stick by what and who I've theorized in the no-spoiler speculation thread. :)

There is something very off about the stunt double. With Charles, I can never tell if something is off about him, or if the cinematography/direction just gets too on-the-nose/artsy and makes him look unstable. It's super weird that the stunt double dresses like Charles, moves like Charles, and anticipates Charles' slightest moves after all these years, and it's super weird that he still invites this awful person into his life. If others hadn't interacted with her, I would have thought it was another one of his hallucinations.

edited to say... Corgi-ears: I was typing this as your reply came through and I didn't see what you said until after I posted. I agree about the poison! :-)

Edited by dovegrey
noted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Hmm. I hope it isn't Oscar's father as the killer. What have we only seen him in one episode? That would be lame. However, he is arranging for Oscar to initially be away on the eve of the final episode.......

In light of how this seems to be wrapping up, I wish now that the episodes had been longer. It seems that some of the humor may have been put there for filler at this point.

I wonder how they are going to pull this all together and have satisfying closure for the secondary characters. (Oscar's dad, Mable's mom, Tina Fey's character etc.)

I guess some of that could be picked up in season 2.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Tim Kono's garbage bag might have been the trash from the Deli King's apartment, there wasn't a lot there, so maybe they dump it every day. Tim Kono could have been collecting it for years for his investigation.

Bassoon Lady might have been First Chair, but since she was stabbed and out for over 3 weeks, she might have been replaced by Younger Bassoon Lady. It is possible that her injury had nothing to do with the "Murderer In The Building" and more to do with her Orchestra position, while the "note" might have been from the "Murderer In The Building".…

These ☝️are good points. 
Maybe most of the perpetrators of Violence In The Building are using the podcast as a misdirection —like the young bassoonist (or her boyfriend?) trying to get Jan, the 1st chair out of the way with a stabbing and the podcast threat was the misdirection.

47 minutes ago, dovegrey said:

…The trash bag and sex toy connection points toward Tim and Jan having been together…

I don’t think there were ever any sex toys. The suggestive brand name on the item was revealed in this episode to be for a musical instrument company. The thing Oliver thought was a sex toy and Mable thought was a cat toy is used to clean the inside of the bassoon between sessions.

So why did Tim have it?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

I don’t think there were ever any sex toys. The suggestive brand name on the item was revealed in this episode to be for a musical instrument company. The thing Oliver thought was a sex toy and Mable thought was a cat toy is used to clean the inside of the bassoon between sessions.

So why did Tim have it?

There was definitely a whip. And Oliver held up a dildo in this episode. So glad I recommended a coworker check the show out... :-)

Edited by dovegrey
detail
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

They did hold up a few sex toys. I looked up how to clean a bassoon and there was a small brush with a long wire handle to clean the mouthpiece and a cloth (looks like a handkerchief with a weighted string threaded through it) to clean the rest. I didn't see anything like what was shown, but hey, anything can be a sex toy, even that, especially if the person you are having sex with really likes bassoons.

Another episode where they didn't really introduce any more new suspects.

I wonder why Oliver never got his dog back?

I wonder why Oliver never used the Deli King's money to pay his apartment fee, or did he?

I wonder if we should list all of the questions that we want answered in the final episode and see if they answer any of them.

I will go first, where is Mabel's Aunt, how long is she supposed to be gone for since Mabel doesn't seem to be doing any renovations. Oliver probably knows a ton of Set Designers that can help her out.

Where are Zoe's parents now, I want their backstory.

I would like to know what Lester the doorman does all day.

I would like to know who and how people are allowed to enter the building and have access to the elevators. 

I would like a description of how the mail is delivered.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Abra said:

Now I really have no idea what's going on.

- I don't think Jan killed Tim (what's with the note on her door?)

Just to play a little Devil's Advocate here, the note said "I'm Watching You" 

The words "I'm Watching You" don't necessarily imply that the murderer is the note's author. Jan could be the murderer and someone else could've put the note there to be like "Hey I know it's you, I'm watching you."

Also, this is probably dumb. But "I'm Watching You" is definitely something Sting would write (Every breath you take, every move you make...)

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • LOL 7
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, Maximum Taco said:

Just to play a little Devil's Advocate here, the note said "I'm Watching You" 

The words "I'm Watching You" don't necessarily imply that the murderer is the note's author. Jan could be the murderer and someone else could've put the note there to be like "Hey I know it's you, I'm watching you."

Also, this is probably dumb. But "I'm Watching You" is definitely something Sting would write (Every breath you take, every move you make...)

Legit, if it said, "I'll be watching you" it would point back to Sting.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Maximum Taco said:

I thought the exact same thing! It really was Sting all along! 

I am not sure if we are being misdirected again, especially when we still have one more episode, but this does look like its pointing in Jan's direction. Was she seeing Tim and killed him for some reason, or was Tim seeing the prodigy and Jan meant to poison her but she shared her drink with Tim and he died instead? It would be just like a story like this if Tim wasn't killed due to the criminal activity and manslaughter cover up he was investigating for years, and was actually just an unintentional casualty of some orchestra drama. If it is her, poor Charles. No wonder he got a nosebleed. But this could also all be a misdirect, we have to have our big climax for the last episode. Is Bunny really evicting the podcast team because they made the apartment look bad, or is she covering something up?  

I have been really enjoying Oliver and Mabel together in the last few episodes, them playing with the sex toys/instrument cleaners was funny. His manic energy pairs well with her sardonic snarking. "I just know it goes into a hole somewhere." I certainly never expected Jane Lynch to show up as Charles's old student double, but it turned out to be a lot of fun, and I am pretty sure that having someone who looks so much like Charles will come into play.

I cant believe we only have one episode left. I am really excited to find out how the killer is, but I don't want the show to end!

• Love 11

And only now, in Ep 9 of 10, we talk to TimKono's neighbor? I'm no true-crime podcaster, or detective, but isn't the "did you see/hear anything unusual with your dead neighbor?" just about the first move?

• Love 9

I admit that I was rolling my eyes at Jane Lynch as Charles' stunt double. I mean, she's taller! 
But then I realized it worked visually to have them different enough to avoid confusing the viewing audience of OMITB. 
IRL, stunt doubles should be physiologically indistinguishable from the actor they are doubling, but for the purposes of our show, not so much. The male and female variations are helpful to us here --especially if Sazz Pataki and Charles are going to set up a "sting" (pun) in the next episode in which Sazz pretends to be Charles --we viewers need to not miss it!

1 minute ago, SG429 said:

And only now, in Ep 9 of 10, we talk to TimKono's neighbor? I'm no true-crime podcaster, or detective, but isn't the "did you see/hear anything unusual with your dead neighbor?" just about the first move?

She was very briefly interviewed in an early episode. She openly declared that she hated Tim Kono and wanted his apartment now that he was dead. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

She was very briefly interviewed in an early episode. She openly declared that she hated Tim Kono and wanted his apartment now that he was dead. 

Was she interviewed or did we learn all that during the memorial for Tim Kono in the lobby?  

Stunt doubles need to be close in stature they can and usually are a little off especially in height and the more low budget the more the difference.  And for actual doubling work Brazos was 20 years ago so both could have been physically different a bit.  But it was genuinely a funny bit and from a distance how much do you go this person is 6 feet and this guy probably aspires to 6 feet and claims it.. and was probably a smidge closer to that 20 years ago.

• Love 7

I'm not a big Jane Lynch fan.  She's basically the same character no matter what show she's in.  I was really hoping that Scott Bakula would walk in, after Oliver's comment to Charles in the first episode, "Oh, you're not Scott Bakula?"  Because surprisingly, an older, grayer Scott Bakula looks quite a bit like Steve Martin. 

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I have been really enjoying Oliver and Mabel together in the last few episodes, them playing with the sex toys/instrument cleaners was funny. His manic energy pairs well with her sardonic snarking. "I just know it goes into a hole somewhere."

Also Oliver's "I need a young person to Google it." 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Abra said:

- The wounded/maybe dead tie-dye person from the opening scene of the series could be anyone now that Oliver has merch to distribute
- The tenants are jerks for voting to evict the trio; I mean it's the actual murderer who is making the building look bad

Very good points!  

Bunny is just hateful, but the actress playing her absolutely cracks me up.   "one of you jerk-offs is a murderer!"  ... and the contempt with which she said "podcast!"   

I don't know what to think about this latest Jan twist -- I may be the only one here who really likes her, lol!  I hope she's not the killer.  And I laughed at her line: "May I remind you all that I offered to help and you sent me home to get stabbed?"  

I also LOL'd when Charles was all "I am very passionate!" as he put his arms around Jan ... and accidentally poked her right in her wound.

For a second I worried that Charles' nosebleed meant he'd been poisoned!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I wondered at one point if Bunny is the murderer.  Still could be :-)  And the financially strapped therapist made another appearance.

I wondered if prodigy bassoonist's boyfriend was related to Tim, either as a blood relation or a friend.  Maybe Tim was subletting or loaning the apartment to him, and prodigy bassoonist visited him there.

It sounded like Pataki on the phone with her agent was talking about how she could be made to look more like Charles, which made me think there was some Brazzos reboot in the works that he doesn't know about yet.

I liked that the opening credit portraits are being painted by Mabel on her wall.

• Love 3

Well, I was not expecting that, that was one hell of a twist. I'm still not sure it was Jan though. Why was Tim poisoned & shot? It has to be 2 different people, right? It makes no sense for someone to try & kill him using two different methods, & why would someone who either poisoned or shot him knife Jan?

I'm wondering if it's Bunny who killed him. There must be a reason he was still in the building if everyone hated him & complained about him. Didn't she say anyone with 4 (I think it was 4, but I'm not actually sure) complaints against them could be evicted? Why was he still in the building? Poison seems like a Bunny kind of weapon to me, & as for shooting him, I think it was Oscar's dad. He went after Tim because Oscar was getting out. Of course, this doesn't explain why Bunny chose that time to poison him, or who or why Jan got stabbed. I hope the answer doesn't turn out to be ridiculously convoluted.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

It sounded like Pataki on the phone with her agent was talking about how she could be made to look more like Charles, which made me think there was some Brazzos reboot in the works that he doesn't know about yet.

Good catch! In episode one or two, Charles was on the phone with his agent and begrudgingly agreed to audition for the part of someone who looked like Brazzos. He was on the way to the audition, when he ran into Mabel and they did podcast stuff instead (possibly broke into Bunny's apartment? The episodes run together now). I wonder if Pataki landed the part for that show.

With some discussion here of Pataki ending up mistaken for Charles by the killer, I'm wondering if Pataki is the stabbed tie dye person from the opening scene of episode 1.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't think Jan killed Kono - I think she just got caught in a lie and was embarrassed.  It seems safe to assume she didn't stab herself, so there's still someone out there commiting these crimes.  We know Tim had access to apartments at one time, so maybe its possible he had broken into Jan's apartment and stolen the cleaner thing.

I feel like Bunny is too old to be physically assaulting people.  I suppose she could have shot Tim, but she would have to be careful approaching a young guy like that.

I feel safe saying these people didn't do it:  Mabel, Old Dimas, Young Dimas, Jan, Bunny ... 

Potential:  Charles (not likely), Oliver (not likely), cat guy, therapist, Oscars father (had lots of time to do it, so why now?) ...

If it turns out to be the neighbor guy from 27 Dresses I'm going to be annoyed.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sskrill said:

I don't think Jan killed Kono - I think she just got caught in a lie and was embarrassed.  It seems safe to assume she didn't stab herself, so there's still someone out there commiting these crimes.  We know Tim had access to apartments at one time, so maybe its possible he had broken into Jan's apartment and stolen the cleaner thing.

I feel like Bunny is too old to be physically assaulting people.  I suppose she could have shot Tim, but she would have to be careful approaching a young guy like that.

I feel safe saying these people didn't do it:  Mabel, Old Dimas, Young Dimas, Jan, Bunny ... 

Potential:  Charles (not likely), Oliver (not likely), cat guy, therapist, Oscars father (had lots of time to do it, so why now?) ...

I see you have conveniently forgotten to mention Sting.😉

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I was confused about something. Jan said to Sazz, about Charles, "we've only been together for a few weeks, and half of that I was in the hospital." So what's half of "a few weeks"... maybe two or three weeks? OK. It's plausible she was in the hospital that long, depending on how bad the stab wound was. But when we heard a bit of the podcast episode that went out the day of this conversation, it was clear that only one week had elapsed since the podcast they sent out in last week's TV episode. (Or maybe even less.) So, was Jan in the hospital for a week or less? Or more like the 2-3 weeks she implied to Sazz? Or is this an inconsistency the writers didn't catch?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sskrill said:

Ursula hated Tim, managed package deliveries (see also: Oliver's first scene at the Arconia before the first elevator scene), likely had access to all apartments for deliveries, and also apparently managed records of complaints about residents (she had the stack of complaints about Tim). Her Gut Milk has been prominently featured in the background of a lot of the Arconia scenes and was even being carted around in Oliver's dog stroller in this episode. She has been low-key featured much more than Bunny or any other Arconia resident except the Cat Guy and Jan but in a conveniently forgettable/throw-away manner. I posted a lot more about my Ursula Did It theory in the speculation thread.

Maybe Gut Milk in large quantities is accidentally poisonous. Doesn't explain the GSW.

I do think Jan could have been accidentally involved, if she was trying to kill Allison.

17 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

I was confused about something. Jan said to Sazz, about Charles, "we've only been together for a few weeks, and half of that I was in the hospital." So what's half of "a few weeks"... maybe two or three weeks? OK. It's plausible she was in the hospital that long, depending on how bad the stab wound was. But when we heard a bit of the podcast episode that went out the day of this conversation, it was clear that only one week had elapsed since the podcast they sent out in last week's TV episode. (Or maybe even less.) So, was Jan in the hospital for a week or less? Or more like the 2-3 weeks she implied to Sazz? Or is this an inconsistency the writers didn't catch?

It's only been 22 days/3 weeks or so since Tim was killed. There were dates revealed in Episode 8.

Someone in this episode said it'd been months since Tim died (I think), but that's not what the dates have established. So far, the writing has been pretty tight, and I hope they didn't mess up the timeline. I'm skeptical the first scene from Episode 1 is actually going to be two months after Tim's death.

Edited by dovegrey
before = after
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I'm confused and have no idea. 

My thought was the first chair bassoonist is jans daughter, somehow now involved in it all and was involved with Tim. But really I have no idea.  

Jan didn't want him at the concert and I think it was more than just she didn't want him to know she isn't first chair.  Why would he care about that?  Why she lied and said she is first chair I don't know. 

1 hour ago, dovegrey said:

Someone in this episode said it'd been months since Tim died (I think), but that's not what the dates have established. So far, the writing has been pretty tight, and I hope they didn't mess up the timeline. I'm skeptical the first scene from Episode 1 is actually going to be two months after Tim's death.

A few chains back I asked if anyone had kept track of the timeline.  Thank you.

Edited by ShelleySue
clarification
23 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I'm confused and have no idea. 

My thought was the first chair bassoonist is jans daughter, somehow now involved in it all and was involved with Tim. But really I have no idea.  

Jan didn't want him at the concert and I think it was more than just she didn't want him to know she isn't first chair.  Why would he care about that?  Why she lied and said she is first chair I don't know. 

I think Jan got demoted to second chair and didn't want Charles to know. It seems like her bassoon playing is her identity and a critical point of pride; I wouldn't blame her for hiding a big blow to her career, especially since she and Charles have really only known each other for a few weeks. Total speculation.

As a general comment:

If this whole Jan/Allison thing is a red herring, then I'm thinking Evelyn the Cat confused the bassoon cleaner for a cat toy and carried it into Tim's apartment, and then Tim confused it for a sex toy and put it into his box. I used to have a cat who would carry his string-on-a-stick around the house.

For whatever it's worth, I remember why I’d thought Jan might have been seeing Tim, before this episode. In Episode 8, Jan and Charles mentioned having a safe word during sex. Charles doesn’t strike me as a safe word kind of person, but Jan does, which made me think of Tim’s sex toys. I dismissed it as loose, silly conjecture, but maybe those two were having some fun together.

1 minute ago, ShelleySue said:

The first episode starts out with the police evacuating the building.  Charles and Oliver then go back for Mabel.  When it goes back to the beginning of the story (the fire alarm and Tim Kono's murder) it says "2 months earlier."

Yeah. That's what I'm saying. Dates have established that we're only about 22 days, maybe 30 days (1 month), from when Tim died, with one episode left. Is that one episode going to jump 30 more days (to get to 2 months) to the building evacuation and bloody Mabel with the tie dye person?

What am I missing? :)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I see you have conveniently forgotten to mention Sting.😉

I forgot about him already lol. I'll be annoyed too if it was him - wasn't he only in that 1 episode? Now if they had done a few shots of him getting in/out of the elevator, I would say that's a good theory - he could be putting the signs on the doors in that case.  

• Love 1

55 MINUTES AGO, SHELLEYSUE SAID:

The first episode starts out with the police evacuating the building.  Charles and Oliver then go back for Mabel.  When it goes back to the beginning of the story (the fire alarm and Tim Kono's murder) it says "2 months earlier."

What if they're not going back for Mabel but for Jan?  Charles says, "I'm not leaving her!" and Oliver says, "Oh, and I would?" Charles says, "Yes!" And Oliver says, "You're right, I would."  I don't think Oliver would say that about Mabel.  

Edited by cardigirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 10/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, sjankis630 said:

I wonder how they are going to pull this all together and have satisfying closure for the secondary characters. (Oscar's dad, Mable's mom, Tina Fey's character etc.)

Me too. And in only a 1/2 hour!

I’m hoping the killer is a lesser known character and then we flashback to see little breadcrumbs that were dropped. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

What if they're not going back for Mabel but for Jan?  Charles says, "I'm not leaving her!" and Oliver says, "Oh, and I would?" Charles says, "Yes!" And Oliver says, "You're right, I would."  I don't think Oliver would say that about Mabel. 

Intriguing! But...the day of the evacuation was also the day of the murder, which led to Charles, Oliver and Mabel meeting for the first time and discovering their shared murder-podcast fascination, which led to their creating their own podcast, which had several episodes before Charles got involved with Jan. Right? (I ask because I'm not sure of anything anymore.)

23 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

Intriguing! But...the day of the evacuation was also the day of the murder, which led to Charles, Oliver and Mabel meeting for the first time and discovering their shared murder-podcast fascination, which led to their creating their own podcast, which had several episodes before Charles got involved with Jan. Right? (I ask because I'm not sure of anything anymore.)

No, the evacuation scene at the beginning of Episode 1, when SWAT is raiding the building, Charles and Oliver are running down the stairs together, and they find Mabel all bloody, before the show cuts to "two months earlier" and then the elevator scene with Tim.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

Sazz said a couple times she thinks the podcast will be made into a movie/show. (I forget what director she said, but it was something like Charles would be Scorseseed.). She seems to be trying to get a jump on being cast as his double again. Which will probably be a bad idea.

I think the sex toys are Jan’s, not Tim’s.  I also think Allison the bassoonist is a red herring or maybe the next victim, and not involved with Tim at all. 

• Love 1

I just rewatched this episode.
Bunny could be a poisoner, given that she has access to everyone's places and it doesn't require a lot of physicality.
But my only real reason for suspecting Bunny is what Jan said about Bunny trying to shut down the podcast investigation.
Both Tim Kono and the cat guy were disliked, and, at least Tim's apartment was (according to his neighbor early in the series) very desirable. So maybe Bunny is poisoning tenants to avoid having to evict them.

If Bunny is proven to be the poisoner, does that mean the evictions she recently oversaw a null?
If so, plot-wise, that would be a good resolution to keep the main characters in the Arconia for next season. 

Tim Kono's neighbor said he was the kind of lover that made his female partner scream with (presumably) ecstasy.
So if the prodigy bassoonist has a type (Asian men) her boyfriend might have shot Tim Kono out of jealousy (and the bassoon cleaner in Tim's apartment was hers). 

• Love 2