Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Measure of Intelligence

• Start Topic

Salen is a major bitch. Ok I got that out of my system. The way she is portrayed is the reason there is an issue with the medical system in America. It's all about the all mighty dollar and not about the patient care.
Shaun's ASD allows him to be accommodated. But that does not mean that Salen can manipulate him and use him as a poster boy for the hospital without his permission.
Salen's assumption as to why the male patient who was in the bike accident had shitty insurance makes an ass of her before us the viewers. What if this was the only insurance available to him at his place of work? That is not his fault if he can't buy higher than what he has even though he has the money.
Glassy seems defeated. I can't wait till he bounces back.

• Love 17

Ooh, that ending. Certainly explains why Salen pretended to be so amiable to Shaun earlier now. 

So much jockeying for respect and attention and praise this episode, wow. I like how everyone kept coming to Glassman's place to see if he could help them sort things out - should be a sign to Glassman that he's still needed and wanted at the hospital, but I'm not surprised he's wallowing. Hopefully someone, or something, manages to get him out of this funk soon so that he can channel that sadness and anger and pain into other areas. 

I liked Lim settling the issues between Asher and Jordan, too. That karaoke bit at the end was cute, especially with Shaun and Lea there enjoying the performance. 

And I'm glad that the issue with Shaun's mom was resolved in a much calmer manner than expected. I can see Shaun thinking he was required to invite his mom, even though he didn't want to. And I understand Lea's hesitation to invite her, too, given the tense history and everything, though Morgan was right that she needed to talk to Shaun about sending that invitation first. 

Barely into the season and we already have a two week wait until the next episode. Boo. 

• Love 11

Ok, you can add me to the list of viewers who believe that Salen is bad news. Her putting Shaun’s picture on a poster for the hospital without asking him was wrong. Like Lim, I am certain that she just had that printed without consulting him. That’s just as bad as that patient in Season 3 (I believe?) who put a video of him on social media without his permission. Her micromanaging of every situation is just going to hurt the hospital as well.

Favorite part of the episode: Shaun recalling his “Tequila, stat” line. 😉

It was hard seeing Glassman feeling like he couldn’t do anything about the direction the hospital is going. It reminds me of situations where new management phased out the old bosses in real life. I think the show will write him into a situation where he either moves on (most likely) or bounces back.

• Love 8

Writer 1: "Okay, so for this episode, we still got Shaun dealing with all of these changes, Lim trying to figure out Salen, Andrews and Mateo's continued friction, Jordan and Asher almost coming to blows, Lea worrying about inviting Shaun's mother to the wedding, and Glassman continuing to be a shelf of his former self due to everything.  That's good and all, but what can we have Park and Reznick do for this episode?"

Writer 2 (shrug):  "I don't know... maybe have Reznick worry about farting in front of Park?"

Writer 1 (looking at his watch): "Fine, I guess that will work.  Get on it, team!"

Honestly though, even though it was silly and even a bit dated, I can buy that Reznick really would be someone that would be insecure like that, and would really worry that Park would suddenly look differently at her for, gasp, passing gas!  Even though not only wouldn't he do that, but he'd take that as challenge apparently, heh.  I'm usually not about fart humor, but it kind of worked for me here.  I blame it on Fiona Gubelmann and Will Yun Lee for just being so gosh darn charming!

Felt like they spent a good portion of this episode trying to add layers to Salen and show that there was some logic with a lot of her reasonings and decisions, but it still feels like she's just someone who will always care more about money than the patients or even the staff, and that just feels wrong.  And then all of that completely shattered with that final scene.  No way do I buy Shaun being cool with putting himself on billboards/advertisement, so I have to think that's all her and that's just scummy as hell.

Not surprised that Andrews seems to be the best at dealing with Salen.  For better or worse, he's always knows how to play the game the best out of everyone.

Not touching the Jordan/Asher debate with a ten foot pole, except to say that I really wish Lim shut all that shit down way sooner.

Glassman continues to be off on his own world, and the four closest to him were unable to get him back into it.  I wonder if it will take someone unexpected to get him out of his funk.

Cool seeing Julie Gonzalo from Supergirl as Andrew/Mateo/Park's patient.  Didn't have much to do, but probably still fared better than how Andrea has mainly been handled on Supergirl this season...

Is Shaun trying to make "Tequila, stat!" his catchphrase?  If so, I approve!

I know it almost feels like cheating to praise Freddie Highmore here, but he really is doing an excellent job at showing how Shaun is barely holding it together throughout all of this.  Things aren't looking so good for the next episode, but I hope he doesn't spiral out of control (again.)

• Love 8
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

But that does not mean that Salen can manipulate him and use him as a poster boy for the hospital without his permission.

He's in Dr. Barrett Cain (The Resident) territory now. The face of the hospital. I can't wait to see his reaction to this.

• Love 3

Is she  legally allowed to disclose someone's medical information without their permission? Isn't there a confidentiality rule for employees? I know he's not her patient, but personnel information is also supposed to be confidential. 

I guess she's banking on him not suing her because she can ruin his career. Once his info is disclosed, it will be hard for him to get hired anywhere else, especially if she portrays him as a problem, which would definitely happen if he sued. 

Edited by possibilities
typos
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

And once again, Leah's stylist hates her.  Hair is better this season, but that ridiculous red & tan gingham what, culottes?  just no!  sorry, for me this was a really boring episode.  Just a lot of joyless people talking at each other.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

Is she  legally allowed to disclose someone's medical information without their permission? Isn't there a confidentiality rule for employees? I know he's not her patient, but personnel information is also supposed to be confidential. 

I guess she's banking on him not suing her because she can ruin his career. Once his info is disclosed, it will be hard for him to get hired anywhere else, especially if she portrays him as a problem, which would definitely happen if he sued. 

And yet, she was worried about legal issues with another patient? Something tells me Shaun wouldn’t be at all interested in working anywhere else, and chances are, no one else would view the accommodations this hospital makes for him as being worth the trouble. Personnel issues notwithstanding, she broke HIPA law by putting his “diagnosis” in a banner for the world to see. She should have asked his permission to use his picture, but never to include his autism label (“different”, my a$$!). 

• Love 7

They are just taking this show in really weird directions, like she's putting a massive poster that he's on the spectrum?  Especially when he was very adamant that no, this is NOT about ASD.  And a bad look for Leah, apologizing for him, he's a grown man, he needs to fight his own battles.  I find her very patronizing at times.

• Love 6

Is the actress playing Leah pregnant in real life or has she just gained weight? Have I missed something....as she looks so bloated lately and I couldn't help but notice, especially in all those gaudy outfits! Also since Shaun (Highmore) is so thin, you cannot help but compare sizes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Shaun is right, they can't both be right and Salen is full of shit. Every study shows that hand air dryers are a desaster that spray bacteria everywhere and they aren't even better for the environment than paper towels (like somebody said ealier in the episode).

I can't speak to the other changes, other than that the doctors will stink real fast in those synthetic scrubs and I don't think that will attract rich clientel, but if it's researched as badly as her hand dryer idea, it can't be good.

And it's nice that she values "unique perspectives", but maybe she should value the unique perspective of actually reading scientific studies!

Edited by Zonk
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Daff said:

she broke HIPA law by putting his “diagnosis” in a banner for the world to see.

She's not his doctor or healthcare provider, she's his employer, so I doubt she broke any HIPAA laws. But there might be other laws regarding employers having to keep their employes data save. I'm german so wouldn't know about these laws in the US.

There is however the right to your own image. I'm pretty sure that is the same everywhere in the developed world. She can't just plaster his photo on a wall without premission.

Edited by Zonk
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Zonk said:

She's not his doctor or healthcare provider, she's his employer, so I doubt she broke any HIPAA laws. But there might be other laws regarding employers having to keep their employes data save. I'm german so wouldn't know about these laws in the US.

There is however the right to your own image. I'm pretty sure that is the same everywhere in the developed world. She can't just plaster his photo on a wall without premission.

She broke some type of employment law or two.

First. To make him a poster boy for the hospital he would have had to sign a waiver for his photo to appear.

Second, an employer cannot release their employee's medical details without the employee's permission. Damn, at my old job there were people not in at work and I casually asked are they off today when I was told it was none of my business. (only reason I asked was in case I needed to pick up their work if it was more than 1 day.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, possibilities said:

Isn't it illegal to not hire someone because they have a certain medical diagnosis?

36 minutes ago, greekmom said:

She broke some type of employment law or two.

First. To make him a poster boy for the hospital he would have had to sign a waiver for his photo to appear.

Second, an employer cannot release their employee's medical details without the employee's permission. Damn, at my old job there were people not in at work and I casually asked are they off today when I was told it was none of my business. (only reason I asked was in case I needed to pick up their work if it was more than 1 day.)

Yes, it definitely a problem from an employer perspective. I remember when Covid first hit my company was telling us how if anyone in the building was exposed they'd tell us, but wouldn't share any names because of privacy rules. Publicly announcing someone's diagnosis as an advertising ploy is much worse.  Just when I was thinking Salen did a great job handling Shaun.

Did the writers forget that Park and Morgan were roommates? Wouldn't they have already seen each other fart or do other gross things?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

How many “hobbies/activities” did Glassman go through this episode to relax? 😆

I was actually impressed, people I know in a similar funk just sit on their couch and binge Netflix.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Zonk said:

I can't speak to the other changes, other than that the doctors will stink real fast in those synthetic scrubs and I don't think that will attract rich clientel, but if it's researched as badly as her hand dryer idea, it can't be good.

When it comes to fabric, "one size doesn't fit all." I've suffered with allergic conditions and dermatitis throughout my life and I can envision what Shaun was going through during his outburst about the scrubs.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Isn't it illegal to not hire someone because they have a certain medical diagnosis?

Yes, it is. But that doesn't stop people from doing it. Usually they don't say "I realize I can't discriminate against you but I'm going to do it anyway". They will say things like "We had many qualified applicants and decided to hire this other person instead" or "Your previous employer says you are a troublemaker, so we decided to hire someone else who had stellar references". 

1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

I'm going way back but I remember her from Eli Stone...

I remember her from Veronica Mars. I didn't recognize her here, though.

• Love 2

so uhhh, with seizure patient, how did they know her neuro exam "was perfect" if she wasn't fully awake to do a quick neuro battery?

at the end of the episode I was like "LIM, LIM'S BOY, DO NOT STOP IN THE SPOT THAT IS MARKED FOR AMBULANCES" - I was expecting them to get hit, especially when the camera pulled away from them

also, holy crap that sign with Shaun is a massive violation - just because he told hospital-exec-that-looks-like-Nicole-Sullivan that he has autism doesn't mean that can be plastered on signs and wait how did she get that sign up so quickly. Since if you tell HR at work you have a disability, that does not mean they can plaster it everywhere. The EEOC is gonna be on their ass so quickly for an ADA violation - and I bet California has some laws that cover him. Now if they had put him on a billboard - I would bet he signed some piece of paper when he started working there that said they could use his image in advertising without receiving compensation.

I'm guessing this will result in Glassman returning to the hospital because of this - and I wish that Shaun would sue the hospital, but that would not happen on this show (Since I bet if he sued, he'd get enough to pay off his med school loans and those of every other resident in surgery, and then some more).

I found it interesting how for once, we didn't have a patient who talked or even communicated with them - bike guy. However, I found it odd that they ordered O- for him - you think by that point (he had been there at least a few hours) they would've done a crosstype and match, and that takes 90 minutes at most (Or at least that is the longest it has taken when I have gotten scheduled blood transfusions). Unless his blood was O-, then yeah, he can only get O-.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 3

I'm wondering how much the lawsuit filed by well-paid tech bro bike guy, when he finds out that non-a-doctor Salen denied him standard care recommended by his surgical team, is going to cost the hospital. Less than if they'd left him permanently disfigured and disabled,  but if comes out that only quick thinking by his team prevented that, it's not going to look good.

• Love 6

I just don't understand how a person without a medical degree gets to decide whether or not certain patients get certain treatment. I hope that this is only true in TV land.  Or maybe this is how things work with privatized health care.

I've just seen the first three episodes of the season back-to-back.  I am REALLY pissed off that we never saw a scene where Glassman apologizes to Shaun and Lea.  That toast at their engagement party crossed a serious line by a great deal, and everyone is acting like it never happened.

Add me to the list of people who is wondering why they are dressing Lea so terribly.  They keep putting her in outfits that are not flattering at all.  Everyone else seems well dressed, though those pleated pants on Jordan were dreadful as well.

I think that Shaun is going to lose his shit when he sees that billboard.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, aemom said:

just don't understand how a person without a medical degree gets to decide whether or not certain patients get certain treatment. I hope that this is only true in TV land.  Or maybe this is how things work with privatized health care.

That is done every single day by employees working in the offices of every health insurance provider (without any medical background/education)!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

As much as Salen is apparently basing treatments around them possibly being sued, she certainly seemed to open herself up to some trouble with that giant banner blasting Shaun's diagnosis all over the place. I don't know the particulars, but in most places of work I am pretty sure you need permission to put someone in your advertisements. She presumably thinks that Shaun wont want to take any legal action as it could affect his career and she could easily spin it as him being the problem, but what a seriously messed up thing to do. The episode teased her having some actually non terrible reasons for doing what she is doing, but it all really just comes down to caring more about money then actual medical care or even the privacy of their own employees. He is NOT going to be thrilled about this. 

I am glad that the conflict about inviting Shaun's useless mom to the wedding was resolved as soon as Lea actually talked to Shaun about it, although now that she's been mentioned I suspect that she might show up anyway if she somehow hears about the wedding. In general the episodes theme seemed to be about using communication to deal with issues, with Lea and Shaun, the argument between Asher and Jordan, the surgeons trying to talk Salen into letting them do their surgery, and even Morgan and her secret farts. And of course everyone going to Glassman's house to try and get his advice while he tries more and more hobbies to keep him busy. I am pretty impressed, most people just sit around watching TV when they're depressed, he started about five different new projects in his garage. 

I cracked up at Shaun and Asher getting all excited about doing a cool surgery while the cop gave them a judgmental look. Then Shaun's "tequila, stat" catchphrase, which I would love to borrow. I'm not a doctor, but its too fun not to try.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, aemom said:

I just don't understand how a person without a medical degree gets to decide whether or not certain patients get certain treatment. I hope that this is only true in TV land.  Or maybe this is how things work with privatized health care.

I've just seen the first three episodes of the season back-to-back.  I am REALLY pissed off that we never saw a scene where Glassman apologizes to Shaun and Lea.  That toast at their engagement party crossed a serious line by a great deal, and everyone is acting like it never happened.

Add me to the list of people who is wondering why they are dressing Lea so terribly.  They keep putting her in outfits that are not flattering at all.  Everyone else seems well dressed, though those pleated pants on Jordan were dreadful as well.

It's the Delta Burke/Wendy Jo curse! Put women who are either a plus size or a little meat on the bones in unflattering clothes and they could look horrible as well. Hollywood still hasn't learned their lessons! 

• Love 4
On 10/12/2021 at 1:26 AM, possibilities said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Like it may be an ADA violation? I'd be furious if an employer did that. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, aemom said:

That is how it works - someone has to approve procedures at the insurance company (unless it does not require a prior authorization... which they can retroactively revoke in some cases)

• Useful 2
On 10/12/2021 at 1:26 AM, possibilities said:

Probably illegal but TV will make it just a "oopsy" moment. I doubt they will include a lawsuit. It doesn't fit the type f drama they seem to be going for. The whole season will be about the evil corporate against good "healthcare" (laughable on itself). 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:22 PM, Zonk said:

She's not his doctor or healthcare provider, she's his employer, so I doubt she broke any HIPAA laws. But there might be other laws regarding employers having to keep their employes data save.

Not only doctors are bound by HIPAA. It is definitely unethical and immoral, though. I believe any renowned hospital would have a version of HIPAA concerning employer/employee rights to disclose private information. Besides, for a poster like that Shun would absolutely have to sign a waiver, it is his face - and likely get some compensation - because capitalism. What will probably happen is that the writers are going to come up with a small print line in the contract that says anyone working there already agrees to have their image and information made public.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:57 PM, KaveDweller said:

Just another law that is great on paper but rarely observed. The excuses to evade the law are longer than the words in the law

On 10/14/2021 at 9:16 AM, aemom said:

I just don't understand how a person without a medical degree gets to decide whether or not certain patients get certain treatment.

It is called "healthcare"in the US of A, it is exactly what insurers do. And some of the people who get to decide are indeed medical professionals who sold out to the industry. Insurers have former nurses vouching for their decisions to deny very needed care, so they can claim that they are being fair. But a look at salary and benefits those former nurses get, you understand the game.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, circumvent said:

It is called "healthcare"in the US of A, it is exactly what insurers do. And some of the people who get to decide are indeed medical professionals who sold out to the industry. Insurers have former nurses vouching for their decisions to deny very needed care, so they can claim that they are being fair. But a look at salary and benefits those former nurses get, you understand the game.

I live in Canada with universal health care.

The only sticking point that typically comes up is medication which is not covered by Medicare and every province has their own rules. Some insurance companies will cover things that others won't but I know people who have been able to fight and get new meds covered.

Very sad that people's lives are hinging on "how much profit do I make?" 😢

• Love 4
13 hours ago, circumvent said:

Probably illegal but TV will make it just a "oopsy" moment. I doubt they will include a lawsuit. It doesn't fit the type f drama they seem to be going for. The whole season will be about the evil corporate against good "healthcare" (laughable on itself). 

Not only doctors are bound by HIPAA. It is definitely unethical and immoral, though. I believe any renowned hospital would have a version of HIPAA concerning employer/employee rights to disclose private information. Besides, for a poster like that Shun would absolutely have to sign a waiver, it is his face - and likely get some compensation - because capitalism. What will probably happen is that the writers are going to come up with a small print line in the contract that says anyone working there already agrees to have their image and information made public.

Just another law that is great on paper but rarely observed. The excuses to evade the law are longer than the words in the law

ADA applies in the case of the hospital revealing Shaun's diagnosis. HIPAA only applies to patient's medical info (so doctors. nurses, EMR providers, other staff)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, bros402 said:

ADA applies in the case of the hospital revealing Shaun's diagnosis. HIPAA only applies to patient's medical info (so doctors. nurses, EMR providers, other staff)

HIPPA does apply to disabled people that receive any type of care - like providers that assist someone at their home. Shaun does not fit the description.

The violation of his privacy though, would be a PR nightmare for the evil lady. Even if there is no lawsuit, if word would to come out that his diagnosis and photo were released without his affirmative consent (as opposed to assumed or even as something in a contract), good disability rights advocates/organizations could enact a massive backlash and she could be fired/forced to resign. But again, TV land only cares about the superficial reality, not real life consequences.

• Love 1

Having worked in the medical field, I am confident in saying that HIPAA laws are held to any person working in a health care setting who has knowledge of the patient's health and/or care, whether they be a janitor or an administrator.  

• Love 3
On 10/13/2021 at 9:18 AM, Good Queen Jane said:

I actually thought Glassman was trying to show everyone that they really didn't need him. He refused to help anyone and they all figured out a strategy that got them the results they wanted. He was weaning them off being dependent on him.

I thought this was especially healthy with Shaun and Leah.  They're going to be married, and they were able to work out their problems on their own.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:16 AM, aemom said:

It would be an interesting twist if everyone was enraged for him, but he didn't care at all.  "It will encourage other people with autism".

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

It would be an interesting twist if everyone was enraged for him, but he didn't care at all.  "It will encourage other people with autism".

I totally heard him saying this in my head.

That's an interesting thought and I guess it could happen. It would enrage me though, because the privacy issue would be just swept aside as a minor offense. To me, privacy is a matter of human rights.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, rmontro said:

I wonder how he will handle it.  He doesn't seem interested in meeting or having anything to do with other people with autism.  I sort of recall he even rejected that idea when Glassman or someone brought it up to him once.  I don't know that he would want to encourage others with autism, or see it that way. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I wonder how he will handle it.  He doesn't seem interested in meeting or having anything to do with other people with autism.  I sort of recall he even rejected that idea when Glassman or someone brought it up to him once.  I don't know that he would want to encourage others with autism, or see it that way. 

Meeting people with autism, and helping them are two different things though.

• Useful 2
17 hours ago, circumvent said:

HIPPA does apply to disabled people that receive any type of care - like providers that assist someone at their home. Shaun does not fit the description.

The violation of his privacy though, would be a PR nightmare for the evil lady. Even if there is no lawsuit, if word would to come out that his diagnosis and photo were released without his affirmative consent (as opposed to assumed or even as something in a contract), good disability rights advocates/organizations could enact a massive backlash and she could be fired/forced to resign. But again, TV land only cares about the superficial reality, not real life consequences.

Correct - I was not saying the HIPAA applied in Shaun's case. As far as we have seen, he hasn't gone to a doctor since the start of the series.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Fable said:

Having worked in the medical field, I am confident in saying that HIPAA laws are held to any person working in a health care setting who has knowledge of the patient's health and/or care, whether they be a janitor or an administrator.  

I confess I wasn't very certain of how HIPAA would apply in Shaun's situation and I tried to look it up. It seems to be more nuanced, it can also be related to the type of health insurance the employer offers. I found this article (cannot vouch for the site, though) that gives a general idea, although Shaun is openly autistic, so his diagnosis wasn't a private matter inside the hospital. Still unethical to release it, especially because it was for profit reasons. 

In his case, he could file a complaint with OCR, the issue is not the information itself, it is the consent and the profit motive for doing what the evil lady did. That's why I don't think it falls under HIPAA, even if it is a violation of his rights

"A HIPAA violation in the workplace refers to a situation where an employee’s health information has fallen into the wrong hands, whether willfully or inadvertently, without his consent."

https://www.easyllama.com/blog/what-is-a-hipaa-violation-in-workplace

• Useful 1
On 10/18/2021 at 8:09 AM, circumvent said:

In his case, he could file a complaint with OCR, the issue is not the information itself, it is the consent and the profit motive for doing what the evil lady did.

I wonder if this might be a way to get rid of the new owner lady?  Maybe he has a lawsuit that he agrees to withhold in exchange for her leaving, or selling, the hospital.  I have mixed feelings about getting rid of her though.  Obviously the hospital would be better off, but she's kind of funny, and she adds more challenges for the doctors to overcome.  Plus there's always the question of the devil that you know vs. the devil that you don't.  The new owner could be even worse.

• Love 3
On 10/18/2021 at 8:09 AM, circumvent said:

"A HIPAA violation in the workplace refers to a situation where an employee’s health information has fallen into the wrong hands, whether willfully or inadvertently, without his consent."

Is “Autism” listed in the DSM-5? She has, in essence, published the medical diagnosis (psychiatric) of an employee for no good reason other than monetary gain. It surely doesn’t stop at the billboard, someone will take a picture and it’ll go viral.  I can hear him now, “Oh…..No…….No….No!No!No!No!No!No!No!!”

Edited by Daff
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Daff said:

Is “Autism” listed in the DSM-5? She has, in essence, published the medical diagnosis (psychiatric) of an employee for no good reason other than monetary gain. It surely doesn’t stop at the billboard, someone will take a picture and it’ll go viral.  I can hear him now, “Oh…..No…….No….No!No!No!No!No!No!No!!”

Autism is in the DSM-5. It shouldn't but it is the only way autistics can get supports if they need them.

He didn't give his consent, she will probably claim he did for some bogus reason that TV writers like to invent, but even if it is not a HIPAA violation, the key to me is consent. 

• Useful 3
On 10/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, preeya said:

When it comes to fabric, "one size doesn't fit all." I've suffered with allergic conditions and dermatitis throughout my life and I can envision what Shaun wa

Yes! I so identified with Shaun’s discomfort with the scrubs. I have to be extremely cautious with fabric & wear a lot of 100% cotton. Same problem as you and nothing to do with ASD. Good for him standing up for himself and Lea, he doesn’t need you helping. He does fine on his own.

The nonsense with two residents involving prayer annoyed me no end so good for Lim putting a stop to it.  She wasn’t forcing him to pray against his will so he had no business demeaning her beliefs. Thankfully the singing at the end made it all ok. Loved that.  (Great voices, btw.)

HIPAA has become pretty meaningless in 2021 so it hardly seems to matter in the context of the closing scene-as awful as it was. 

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 1

Even before HIPAA existed, personnel information was confidential. It's not just about HIPAA, or disability. Unless the place I worked was only constrained because of state law in MA, employers are not allowed to disclose things about their employees. 

• Love 2