Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Measure of Intelligence

• Start Topic

On 10/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, possibilities said:

Did she seriously buy the hospital herself, or does she represent a larger corporation?

From what I gathered, she already owned that care business, and buying the hospital is an addition to that, hence all the changes she has made that the doctors don’t like.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, limecoke said:

HIPAA has become pretty meaningless in 2021 so it hardly seems to matter in the context of the closing scene-as awful as it was. 

HIPAA is what it always was, that health care providers are not allowed to disclose information about you without your consent. It doesn't mean that people can't ask you questions like Have you been vaccinated? and it doesn't apply to employers. That's under another law.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

So she bought and owns it as a single owner business, and not a corporation with a board she answers to? I don't think I've ever heard of a hospital that is owned by one person and not a corporation with a board in charge. 

I got the sense that she is the head of a business/corporation that bought it. Even if she was rich enough as an individual to purchase the hospital, wouldn't that be a huge personal liability?

• Love 4
On 10/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, KaveDweller said:

I got the sense that she is the head of a business/corporation that bought it. Even if she was rich enough as an individual to purchase the hospital, wouldn't that be a huge personal liability?

Yeah, I get the sense that she is the head of a corporation - maybe she went in with the approval to negotiate for the hospital pending what she thought of it. I mean, Zuckerberg and wife effectively own a hospital - where the ER didn't take insurance for years, just charged people the cost of their care

• Love 3