Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Locked Out

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I kinda found it cringey - like watching two awkward, groping teenagers. And, fwiw, Johnny has no butt. 

I second that. They keep running the “I like to have my butt  slapped “ on Unfiltered. He’s got a young boys body. I admit I FF through the Exercise scene I’ve got a low vomit reflex ,but I remember  seeing one of his talking heads where he’s bad mouthing her so bad by saying she’s manipulative and bunch of characteristics  we’ve not witnessed on the show.   When I saw / heard that he was just making crap up to justify why he’s no going to stay married.  Oh it was on Kevin Frazier show last week.  
Jose is a loose cannon , I’d be physically afraid to remain in throwing or swinging distance. Scary. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I have to say that, like Myrla, Hype is surprising me.  He seems to be pretty mellow.  I still wouldn't want to have to take him for a walk and pick up his shit, or deal with his hair or slobber, but if I had to be in an apartment all day long working, from what I see, he's not a bad one to coexist with.  Haven't heard him bark once.

Part of the deal with Hype is that he is an older dog and that's why he's that mellow.  But I would bet that even as a younger dog he wasn't a behavior problem to any great degree.  I know that pit bulls like people have all different temperaments.  That's why I've been so vocal about taking them as individuals, not the negative stereotype which often does not apply.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

3) The producer told him to amp up the drama, so what you see on the screen wasn’t really him? (Isn’t that the excuse they all use when called out on their behavior?)

I do wonder how much of that might in fact be true.  I can't shake the feeling that there was something a little contrived about José and Rachel's little drama.  Those producers are evil and who knows what lengths they will go to to amp up the drama?  Like every season someone says that "a friend" told them they saw their spouse on a dating site.  Yeah, this "friend" is most likely a producer just stirring the pot.  Who knows what they told José to get him so riled up as to make such a scene?  It is true that they can't make the person act that way but there's a lot they could do to instigate such behavior.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Who knows what they told José to get him so riled up as to make such a scene?  It is true that they can't make the person act that way but there's a lot they could do to instigate such behavior.  

I think I've seen cases where things are manipulated. But not this one, imo. It was fucking awful and the calm (deranged) manner in which he ate his food while she struggled to save their marriage, and the story told to the guys on the golf course tell me Jose is an abusive, lying POS who deserves everything that comes in the way of fallout. CC: NASA

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, buttersister said:

I think I've seen cases where things are manipulated. But not this one, imo. It was fucking awful and the calm (deranged) manner in which he ate his food while she struggled to save their marriage, and the story told to the guys on the golf course tell me Jose is an abusive, lying POS who deserves everything that comes in the way of fallout. CC: NASA

I know it was just so bizarre for him to seemingly come out of nowhere with that.  I still feel that there was some sort of manipulation going on.  Both he and Michaela went from zero to 90 with very little provocation.  Production might be goading them along or poisoning their minds to get them to react in the ugliest way possible because they know they're capable of it.  They see them doubting their partner and lie and tell them that they've seen them do or say certain things, just to make them doubt them all the more.  Look what they did with Rachel.  They suggested that she read José that letter she wrote about his controlling behavior at just about THE worst time for such a thing.  All designed to make things even WORSE, not BETTER, IMHO.  Granted, no one is forcing these people to act like whack jobs but production can light the match that starts their fire so to speak.  They know that José is insecure so they help him think what he's already thinking, that she's lying and cheating.  These people are already under a lot of stress and pressure with the filming and the knowledge that they only have 8 weeks to make a decision so they already feel like they're risking everything for this and so their emotions are at fever pitch especially if they have issues and complexes going into this. 

Billy Joel was somewhat right in that "when you love someone you're always insecure".  Even worse when you are a generally insecure person.  And even worse when you are going out on a limb and risking it all for love.  All you need is someone to confirm your greatest fear that your lover is not who you thought they were and not to be trusted and off you go.  But I agree with you, if José wasn't an abusive controlling prick he never would have acted that way.  He would have dismissed any suggestion that Rachel was not who he thought she was and would only change that if there was hard evidence not just suspicion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

There was also Heather and Derek.  She had good reason being a flight attendant not to want to be paired up with a pothead given the legality issue at the time plus the rules of her job, but the show made her look like the difficult shrew and sanitized his image to look like all he did was smoke cigarettes. 

What is wrong with smoking weed? Why is that worse than drinking a beer? Why is someone who smokes pot considered a "pothead", but MAFS contestants openly getting wasted on alcohol is no problem?  I'd rather be on camera smoking weed than tobacco. That is a better image.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Or Davina was some kind of "princess" who thought she was all that.  Stupid stuff that was probably not true but enough to make the women look bad undeservedly.

Didnt she insist that they live in a 50 sq ft apartment in Manhattan because she considered the other parts of NYC ghetto?  Didnt she consider NJ to be like the caves of Afghanistan? She was really snobby about the NYC lifestyle.  Does that make her a princess?  I dont know.  I sort of feel the same way. I like Brooklyn though. 

10 hours ago, Lindz said:

Zack lost control with that breakdown. Not just the crying, but yelling at her not to touch him, like a physically abused spouse.

Yes.  If you dont want your wife to even touch you to console you, its over. Hes not getting caught up in the Hurricane. Hopefully Michaela will learn from this experience and learn how to control her anger. I dont think Zack is inarticulate.  I just think he stutters and is covering it up with his cadence so he sounds like a machine gun when he talks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lindz said:

When Dr. Viv asked Johnny about having vanilla sex, he seemed mighty pleased to be getting what he wanted. Then Bao said they could have variety. 😅 I doubt he'll will go along with that & prolly judge her.

They are having Caucasian sex but they are not Caucasian. My man Johnny has got to step it up. Doggy Style? Bao on top? Johnny can ask Bao for lessons if he is confused about what to do.  Bao has got spreadsheets for that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

They are having Caucasian sex but they are not Caucasian. My man Johnny has got to step it up. Doggy Style? Bao on top? Johnny can ask Bao for lessons if he is confused about what to do.  Bao has got spreadsheets for that.

IMO, that first sentence isn’t what Johnny meant by vanilla.  Nor do I think he’s have a  problem with the positions you mentioned. Nor do I think race plays a factor in sexual preferences. 

He meant he’s not interested in any of the weirdness you see in many Law and Order episodes dealing with sex clubs  Dominatrix, S&M, bondage, etc.   

Hopefully sexual preferences was part of their questionnaires… because that should truly be something matched on. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

What is wrong with smoking weed? Why is that worse than drinking a beer? Why is someone who smokes pot considered a "pothead", but MAFS contestants openly getting wasted on alcohol is no problem?  I'd rather be on camera smoking weed than tobacco. That is a better image.

She did not want someone that smoked weed and that's enough.  But as I said in my post, it was also because she was a flight attendant and her job would be in jeopardy if they knew that.  There are rules about those things in certain jobs.  They don't want their employees inebriated on the job whether it's with pot or alcohol or anything else.  So her being married to a guy that smoked that much wouldn't look good to her employer.   That was a few years ago, now things might be changing. 

I broke up with a guy many years ago in part because he was as much of a pot smoker as an alcoholic is a drinker.  I mean this guy was never NOT smoking it.  He was also always depressed and negative and not getting help for it, but the pot was an issue too.  Pot is not my scene let alone someone that smoked that much of it.  That was my right.  If he wanted to live that way that's his right but I don't have to want to live that way with him.  I respect other people's values even if they are not my own but I shouldn't be told I'm not being fair for not wanting to live with them.

3 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Didnt she insist that they live in a 50 sq ft apartment in Manhattan because she considered the other parts of NYC ghetto?  Didnt she consider NJ to be like the caves of Afghanistan? She was really snobby about the NYC lifestyle.  Does that make her a princess?  I dont know.  I sort of feel the same way. I like Brooklyn though. 

I don't remember her being anything close to that.  I think the show made her look much worse than she was.  Sean was a total douche.  She seemed nice.  And a lot of New Yorkers consider NJ not to be their style or anywhere else.  So what?  It doesn't make them snobs.  I used to be one of them and I grew up modestly in the Bronx.  She didn't act snobby about it as far as I remember.  It just wasn't her lifestyle.  The show made it look like it was her fault for matching her with someone that was a total mismatch.  And they minimized his total lack of commitment to the process by moving out.  Arguably Myrla acts much snobbier and negative about certain things than Davina ever did.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
On 9/27/2021 at 5:11 AM, mythoughtis said:

IMO, that first sentence isn’t what Johnny meant by vanilla.  Nor do I think he’s have a  problem with the positions you mentioned. Nor do I think race plays a factor in sexual preferences. 

He meant he’s not interested in any of the weirdness you see in many Law and Order episodes dealing with sex clubs  Dominatrix, S&M, bondage, etc.   

Hopefully sexual preferences was part of their questionnaires… because that should truly be something matched on. 

Do you know what Caucasian sex is, and didnt you get the reference? I didnt come up with the phrase Caucasian sex. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

Do you know what Caucasian sex is, and didnt you get the reference? I didnt come up with the phrase Caucasian sex. 

I think it's actually "basic Caucasian sex." I always wondered if there was also "advanced Caucasian sex."

• LOL 8

What I can't stand is how they just leave the apartments all the time.  On the earlier seasons, did they live in one of the spouse's apartments or have they always lived in a neutral zone?  I I know they just started all living in the same building a couple seasons ago.  I just wonder how much time any of them actually spend there.  When they see the other spouses, they often act like they haven't seen each other in several days or weeks, which seems strange if they are all living in the same building.  Also, does anyone this season have a job?  We used to see them going off to work in the morning or coming home late after a late shift.  Now it truly seems like they are only in the apartments for filming.  Everything just seems so staged, it seems like we used to get more of their actual day to day life. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it's actually "basic Caucasian sex." I always wondered if there was also "advanced Caucasian sex."

"Basic Caucasian sex" was a phrase pretty much invented by Elizabeth of the Jamie/Elizabeth couple a few seasons back.  FWIW, it seems like a euphemism for what we used to call "the missionary position", which is the "standard" couple facing each other/man on top/woman on bottom/in-out-repeat pattern that got its name from the European Christian missionaries that went to exotic cultures worldwide to convert the natives and found that they were using some very "creative" and unorthodox positions for sex that were not commonly known or used in Europe by Christians.  Shocked, the missionaries declared that only the couple-facing/man-on-top position was acceptable before the Lord.  At least that's the prevalent legend of how that phrase came into being.  It was also used by Kinsey in 1948 to describe the favored "American/English position".

• Useful 3
36 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

What I can't stand is how they just leave the apartments all the time.  On the earlier seasons, did they live in one of the spouse's apartments or have they always lived in a neutral zone?  I I know they just started all living in the same building a couple seasons ago.  I just wonder how much time any of them actually spend there.  When they see the other spouses, they often act like they haven't seen each other in several days or weeks, which seems strange if they are all living in the same building.  Also, does anyone this season have a job?  We used to see them going off to work in the morning or coming home late after a late shift.  Now it truly seems like they are only in the apartments for filming.  Everything just seems so staged, it seems like we used to get more of their actual day to day life. 

I'm suspicious that any of these couples are spending the night with each other this season.  First of all, has anyone noticed how shockingly small the beds are in those apartments?  They don't even look full sized much less larger!  I couldn't sleep with my husband on a bed that small let alone a stranger I just married, LOL!  Plus it doesn't look like they have second bedrooms either, or at least we haven't seen any evidence of any.  I think at least one if not both of most of the couples is sleeping at their own apartment and the show is leaving that out.

Plus I've noticed in the past few seasons that the show is getting vaguer and vaguer about what these people do for a living plus they don't focus on their careers at all and how they are doing in them on a daily basis.  It does make the show seem staged and like they're all just "playing house" with each other for the purposes of TV but not real life.  🙁

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

“Basic Caucasian sex" was a phrase pretty much invented by Elizabeth of the Jamie/Elizabeth couple a few seasons back.  FWIW, it seems like a euphemism for what we used to call "the missionary position",

I don’t think she intended to coin a phrase; I think she meant to say vanilla sex and got her white things confused. She was like “it’s basic Caucasian sex, wham bam done,” meaning no variety, spice, etc. They’re apparently still married so I guess they worked that out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2021 at 7:11 AM, mythoughtis said:

What?!?  Years ago, Law & Order was the gold standard for TV volume--people knew that when you were adjusting the settings so your hard-of-hearing parents could understand dialogue, you'd use Law & Order because if they could understand that, they could understand anything.  I'm glad I'm not doing that any more. 

• LOL 2
On 9/27/2021 at 6:33 AM, Gator Stud said:

That's a double-duty punchline. 😉 😈

• LOL 4

The thing about whether they actually sleep in the apartments or not is, not only do you not have all your stuff, but many of them work up to an hour away.  

Houston is 100 miles from Houston, lol.

So it wouldn't surprise me if many of them stay at their own places, or if they're getting along, stay together at one of their homes.

But for a couple such as Jose & Rachel, they literally work about 1 1/2 hours away from each other, so even if they work out (doubtful), the home situation will be difficult.

It's got to get old, basically living out of a suitcase for...8 weeks???  Knowing that all your stuff is just a freeway away.

Not to mention, as has been said, the teensy tiny beds, and the single bedroom.  In this time of COVID, many of them are also working virtually, which is nearly impossible for a couple to do in such a small place.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Plus it doesn't look like they have second bedrooms either, or at least we haven't seen any evidence of any.

Didn't Johnny sleep in the 2nd bedroom one night because Bao didn't take her required 3 showers before bedtime?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

But for a couple such as Jose & Rachel, they literally work about 1 1/2 hours away from each other, so even if they work out (doubtful), the home situation will be difficult.

Really? Yikes. No wonder Rachel doesn’t want to move (aside from what happened this episode). I have a rule that my commute can’t take more than 45 minutes. I don’t care what method (walking, public transportation, driving, horseback, whatever), but it can’t take more than 45 minutes. I had a 90 minute commute once and it made me completely miserable.

I remember in the New Orleans season, some of those who worked remotely went back to their homes to work, which I thought made sense. I’d do that.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

"Basic Caucasian sex" was a phrase pretty much invented by Elizabeth of the Jamie/Elizabeth couple a few seasons back.  FWIW, it seems like a euphemism for what we used to call "the missionary position", which is the "standard" couple facing each other/man on top/woman on bottom/in-out-repeat pattern that got its name from the European Christian missionaries that went to exotic cultures worldwide to convert the natives and found that they were using some very "creative" and unorthodox positions for sex that were not commonly known or used in Europe by Christians.  Shocked, the missionaries declared that only the couple-facing/man-on-top position was acceptable before the Lord.  At least that's the prevalent legend of how that phrase came into being.  It was also used by Kinsey in 1948 to describe the favored "American/English position".

Yeah - I know. I remember that episode. I was joking.

Plus it doesn't look like they have second bedrooms either, or at least we haven't seen any evidence of any.  I think at least one if not both of most of the couples is sleeping at their own apartment and the show is leaving that out.

Plus I've noticed in the past few seasons that the show is getting vaguer and vaguer about what these people do for a living plus they don't focus on their careers at all and how they are doing in them on a daily basis. 

I think they do have a second bedroom; they showed them when they were walking through the apartments when the couples first moved in.

I imagine nearly all of them are working from home during COVID. Myrla said she works from home, though I don't know if she has always done that or it's a COVID thing. Michaela is a realtor, I believe, so I imagine she can work from anywhere and also does open houses (again, maybe not in light of COVID). Britt is a teacher and a coach, but I don't know if this was filmed when school was still virtual or over summer break. Rachel works in special education but I don't think she is a classroom teacher anymore. 

Edited by Elizzikra
On 9/23/2021 at 10:00 PM, TheBride said:

I watched Jose's explosion in the club house and the subsequent exchanges. 

We actually didn't see them in the club house.  That is where she called him by the wrong name.  We only saw his explosion back in their apt.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:05 PM, Mrs. Button said:

I am 52, I have as many years as a deck has cards (minus Jokers). I have been married for 15 years (my 2nd marriage, 1st was a train wreck), with a 14 year old who, like all teenagers, pushes our buttons as much as possible. I guess it's crazy, but my husband and I are deeply in love, much more so than when we married in fact. We can't wait to see each other after a long day and definitely carry on like teenagers in private (you can only imagine how disgusting our daughter finds our romance lol). We're not alcoholics or living in fantasy worlds, we're just still very attracted to each other and yes, while it is an "in love" feeling, it is deeper than that as we have been together for some time and know each other pretty well. If I didn't have this type of marriage, I don't know that I'd want to be married. (We both suspect many of our married couple friends somewhat despise each other; with homes and mortgages and kids and college, those responsibilities can turn a marriage into more of a business.) So, I had a real problem with the way Dr. V told Ryan he was going to end up single if he held out for that type of romantic feeling.  I guess in that case I would be alone too!  Not that he's doing anything else right necessarily, but if that's important to him in a marriage, he should have it. Then the only reason he came back to the apartment was because he didn't want to go back to serial dating. So romantic :) I think Viviana would just say whatever she could to guilt/convince him to stick around for filming. Who cares about the psychology behind it all?

Amen!  I was so disgusted by what Dr. V told Ryan.  As a sexologist, I would have expected her to be encouraging the butterflies.  

• Love 5
On 9/25/2021 at 3:20 AM, NowVoyager said:

Michaela is a hawt mess, clearly, but Zach is emotionally immature. He's a perfectionist. If you ever make a mistake with him, he can never let it go. For someone who grew up in a two parent household his whole life, he doesn't seem to understand the basics of conflict resolution. When people mess up--- & we all will--- once they understand & acknowledge & apologize for their fault, give them the grace of acceptance, at least short term.

Yes, for normal people, but the problem comes with habitual abusers.  

On 9/25/2021 at 10:37 AM, Starlight925 said:

We know she didn't even have her phone.  A huge building like that would have a concierge, so hopefully, she was able to get into an empty apartment, or that production helped her, or something.

IIRC, she did have her phone, because after mentioning knocking on all those folks' doors in the bldg, she mentioned calling her friends.

17 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t think she intended to coin a phrase; I think she meant to say vanilla sex and got her white things confused. She was like “it’s basic Caucasian sex, wham bam done,” meaning no variety, spice, etc. They’re apparently still married so I guess they worked that out.

No she didn't intend to coin the phrase but the term "vanilla" for bland, boring sex is also a derivative of the no-spice, basic missionary position.  I didn't invent that idea - this is a quote from Psychology Today:

Vanilla sex refers to conventional sex that conforms to the very basic expectations with a culture. Classically, in heterosexual sex, it refers to sex in the missionary position, and broadly speaking, it excludes fetishes such as S&M.

Here's the article, FYI.

17 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I have a rule that my commute can’t take more than 45 minutes. I don’t care what method (walking, public transportation, driving, horseback, whatever), but it can’t take more than 45 minutes.

I took a tour of the Lincoln Cottage in Washington, DC, recently.  It's on a high spot overlooking downtown and gets some breeze and is therefore cooler, so Lincoln would stay there during the summer and go back and forth by horseback.  It took about 40 minutes, which the tour guide said has always been, and remains today, the amount of time people are willing to commute to work, be it by walking, public transportation, driving, or horseback.

21 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

If they moved somewhere exactly in the middle, that would meet the general acceptable commute standard.  However, I think it's gonna be tough to get Jose to move out of his house.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, Rightside said:

At least he is being honest. He's not attracted to her.

Yeah I kind of respect him for being guarded about Brett and how he isn’t attracted therefore he doesn’t want to rush into the sack with her. He knows that his lack of attraction isn’t going to change and he knows sleeping with her is just going to add another layer of turmoil to the situation in the long run.  Sex with him will make Brett more into him and he will continue to not have feelings for her and want a divorce. He knows it. You can see it in his face that he’s just not into her like that and I don’t see him changing his mind. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

Yeah I kind of respect him for being guarded about Brett and how he isn’t attracted therefore he doesn’t want to rush into the sack with her. He knows that his lack of attraction isn’t going to change and he knows sleeping with her is just going to add another layer of turmoil to the situation in the long run.  Sex with him will make Brett more into him and he will continue to not have feelings for her and want a divorce. He knows it. You can see it in his face that he’s just not into her like that and I don’t see him changing his mind. 

You are probably right.  I just wish he would then just have an honest conversation with her and tell her, so they can both relax and just be friends until the end of this mess.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I just wish he would then just have an honest conversation with her and tell her, so they can both relax and just be friends until the end of this mess.

I think he has been honest with her. She knows that he is not having romantic feelings for her. She knows that he likes her and doesn't want to hurt her. She knows he is sorry about not having those feelings. She is the one who starts each show depressed and sobbing and then somehow she feels more hopeful each week. She knows, but she is so very disappointed and heart broken, but she does know. I wish we had been able to see more of the private talk between Ryan and Dr. Viv. All we heard him say was that he was tired of her being so anxious about EVERYTHING, although she has gotten better. If you are not the type to worry about everything, that would be exhausting - for both of them.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

You are probably right.  I just wish he would then just have an honest conversation with her and tell her, so they can both relax and just be friends until the end of this mess.

I’m still kind of baffled at their match to begin with. Brett needs someone more loose and free spirited. Ryan is uptight and he never seems relaxed. He seems nice but he has a  super serious personality and he always has a deer in headlights look about him while Brett seems like she would be better suited to someone more humorous and light hearted. These matchmakers are just horrible. Their success rate is pathetic. They need to rethink how they match these couples up. 

• Love 2
On 9/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, Retired at last said:

As always, it doesn't start here for 3 more hours, but I am totally intrigued by the description of this episode. Which wife calls her husband the wrong name and gets locked out????? My guess, for some reason, is Rachel. Don't know why, but Jose strikes me as the type who would lock her out. Zack would just go home.

B I N G O !  Lol, yes Rachel, and I don’t like him anymore.  Too controlling and bad temper already.  She’s too nice for him.  Hope she dumps him.

• Love 1
On 9/27/2021 at 1:24 AM, Yeah No said:

I do wonder how much of that might in fact be true.  I can't shake the feeling that there was something a little contrived about José and Rachel's little drama.  Those producers are evil and who knows what lengths they will go to to amp up the drama?  Like every season someone says that "a friend" told them they saw their spouse on a dating site.  Yeah, this "friend" is most likely a producer just stirring the pot.  Who knows what they told José to get him so riled up as to make such a scene?  It is true that they can't make the person act that way but there's a lot they could do to instigate such behavior.  

That takes the fun away from this show then.  Parts are a farce.  Very disappointing.   This is the only show I’ve been liking lately.  Take Johnny for instance.  You can’t keep up.  One week he’s crying he doesn’t like her .. the next week they are seen having a great time.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2021 at 2:28 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

If they moved somewhere exactly in the middle, that would meet the general acceptable commute standard.  However, I think it's gonna be tough to get Jose to move out of his house.

Jose will have to add “gas’s money” on his white board.  Gas is almost $4.00 per gallon.  He won’t go for that at all.

• LOL 1

It took me 3 installments to watch this episode, it was painful to watch Johnny and Bao...why did Johnny's friend's (with the torn ACL) apartment look like the same as where all the couples live?

I think Bao might realize Johnny is not feeling it anymore.

Jose plans a game of catch and a catered lunch with no shade, it looked like Jose had a hamburger but Rachel had the brontosaurus rib like the one that knocked over Fred Flintstone's car, oddly specific menu choices if you are trying to surprise some one, makes me wonder if this surprise wasn't really a surprise either that or he decided that was what she would eat.

Zach and Michaela seem fine together, how did that happen?

Brett is in for a broken heart, she seems to always be in the friend zone.  Ryan wants an Instagram model no matter how much he says he doesn't.

Gil and Mryla won't last if Gil thinks a pooper scooper is a good gift for her, she does not want to deal with dog mess, now she will have to clean off the scooper in addition of dealing with the poo.

• Love 2

As I've said many times, I don't even like Myrla but I was hoping she'd tell Gil to shove that pooper scooper up his ass.  

5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Zach and Michaela seem fine together, how did that happen?

He's scared to piss her off until Decision Day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I think Johnny and Ryan are used to meeting women in dark bars and and it comes across as seductive.. That will get you many one night stands, but no relationships. They met these women in bright lights and it's not what they're used to, and so they're not attracted.

7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

As I've said many times, I don't even like Myrla but I was hoping she'd tell Gil to shove that pooper scooper up his ass.  

He's scared to piss her off until Decision Day.

I agree.  We've seen the previews of her going nuts and slamming the door.  So I think that will not last at all. I don't like that kind of reaction either.

• Love 2
On 9/27/2021 at 6:14 AM, Gator Stud said:

What she did was tell the "experts" in advance that moving out of Manhattan was a deal-breaker for her.  So naturally they fixed her up with someone from New Jersey! 🙄

On 9/28/2021 at 10:20 AM, Katie111 said:

What I can't stand is how they just leave the apartments all the time.  On the earlier seasons, did they live in one of the spouse's apartments or have they always lived in a neutral zone?  I I know they just started all living in the same building a couple seasons ago. 

In season 1 I believe they chose a person's home to live in; in season 2 they had them each look at a couple of places and "choose" one for themselves to live in.  We found out after season 2 ended that Basement had been leaving at night because he had a side girlfriend.  I don't really remember them letting us know that some of them spent the night elsewhere until Zach refused to move in with his wife, whose name escapes me right now.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:39 AM, Yeah No said:

Yes, or at least believing his reaction to them is in the wrong just because she apologized for them and put on that "sincere" face.  IMO the apology was false and designed to get her out of taking responsibility for the behavior by creating the smokescreen that he's the one with the problem for not accepting the apology.  She is acting like she is taking responsibility for it, but all I see is someone that is used to using false apologies to make it look like the other person is in the wrong for not accepting them, when maybe what she did was bad enough to warrant the person having trouble accepting them.  Of course this was waaaay over Viviana's head.  I can't believe she would act the way she did about this - didn't she see the footage of the crazy way Michaela acted before their meeting with her?  Maybe not.  Although with her you never know.  She is virtually useless.

I know this comment is 2 years old and no one will probably notice my reply, but I feel like I missed something.  The only things I saw Michaela do so far (not counting the previews from the beginning of the series) are a) slamming down some Clorox wipes and taking her things and leaving the apartment when she woke up to Zack not being there, and b) texting him that she wanted to cancel the housewarming, which she ultimately didn’t.  

Yet every poster seems to think she is some kind of rage monster and he needs to run away immediately.  Did I miss an episode or is it that her sisters’ characterization of her as a tornado is coloring everyone’s feelings, including Zack’s?  He isn’t without fault either IMO, for continually leaving her alone when he knows that is a source of insecurity for her (if it was too late to watch an Apple TV movie when he got back he could still have been there, plus doesn’t Apple TV work anywhere there’s a device if you have that subscription?).

IMO I think he’s checked out for some reason and he’s putting it on her “rage issues” which I personally haven’t witnessed (yet).

On 9/26/2021 at 12:32 AM, ChiMama said:

Michaela showed a glimmer of her true personality very early on by making Zack’s covid diagnosis all about how unfair it was to HER and how it sucked for HER, then flew back to Houston vs. staying on the honeymoon, get to know the other couples, leave treats at Zack’s door, sit on separate balconies and talk at a social distance, etc. Bratty and entitled and prone to short-sighted selfish decision-making. 

It was my impression that going home wasn’t her choice.  I mean, why wouldn’t she have wanted to do all those things?  But that would have meant another hotel room and more production staff.  I may be wrong, but this show does not seem big-budget to me (just started watching it).

10 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

Yet every poster seems to think she is some kind of rage monster and he needs to run away immediately.  Did I miss an episode or is it that her sisters’ characterization of her as a tornado is coloring everyone’s feelings, including Zack’s?  

Oh man. Was surprised to see a new comment on this season lol

All I'm going to say is wait till the retreat episode. No one is exaggerating.

• Like 1