Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Locked Out

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, spunky said:

Exactly! And he continued his abusive behavior with that stupid smirk he had on his face. 

Right - and Rachel had to ask him to sit down and look at her during a really serious conversation instead of putting away leftovers from his steak and lobster tail dinner. Totally minimized the seriousness of the situation and his role in it.

Such a hypocrite. Mr. "Let Me Take Care of You" locks his wife out of the apartment at 1 in the morning, with no idea if she has somewhere safe to go or any way to get there. Even if she had her keys, she couldn't get in with the deadbolt on the door. I hope she had her phone so she could uber somewhere (and yes, I know production was around and could give her a ride or whatever, but still...)

Dickhead.

He’s suffering from Short Man Syndrome. The above are some of the symptoms.

Bullshit. I know plenty of nice guys who are on the short side. There's no excuse for Jose's behavior and even less an excuse for his refusal to acknowledge and apologize for it.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, spunky said:

I agree with everything you said. 

Sadly, I know that type, I dated a Jose many years ago, mentally abusive, horrible...it was really hard to get over the scars, we lived together so it was a little harder to get out of the relationship but I did and never looked back.  

Jose has probably gotten to this point with every woman he dated, the women had enough and moved on hence he is forever single.  I can only imagine that four year relationship with the single mother, he must have jerked her around plenty during their time together, she dodged a bullet.

Jose knew exactly what he was doing when he locked up for the night, he had a smirk on his face with Rachel was trying to discuss things, his the walking definition of a narcissist.  I will never like him, it will be hard to redeem himself in my eyes.  I hope the Dallas area single women are taking note.

Watching Bao and Johnny is cringy.

• Love 23

Oh good Lord.  Role playing. Lol.  Two weeks ago Johnny was hysterical crying on Jose’s shoulder.  Today, he’s role playing.  WTF?      Oh, here comes the maniac, golfing.  (JOSE), the creep.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sadly, I know that type, I dated a Jose many years ago, mentally abusive, horrible...it was really hard to get over the scars, we lived together so it was a little harder to get out of the relationship but I did and never looked back.  

Jose has probably gotten to this point with every woman he dated, the women had enough and moved on hence he is forever single.  I can only imagine that four year relationship with the single mother, he must have jerked her around plenty during their time together, she dodged a bullet.

Jose knew exactly what he was doing when he locked up for the night, he had a smirk on his face with Rachel was trying to discuss things, his the walking definition of a narcissist.  I will never like him, it will be hard to redeem himself in my eyes.  I hope the Dallas area single women are taking note.

Watching Bao and Johnny is cringy.

I'm glad Gil is calling him out right now. He knows he didn't "accidentally" lock her out. I once dated a guy who was a combination of Jose and Chris.  It only lasted 3 months, thank God.

• Love 13
Just now, Crashcourse said:

Ryan's funny deadpan:  "I've never accidentally locked a deadbolt."

That was perfect.

I love Gil trying to make sense out of the situation and questioning him, Jose will put a different spin with the men on how he tells the story but he has to realize it was filmed so those guys will see the truth.

Jamie Otis better ask the hard questions and tell him how he is being perceived by women everywhere. 

• Love 9

I’m early on in the episode but I think the words Zack is looking for are “ turned off.” He’s not scarred , he’s turned off by Michaela . 
He seems like the type of guy who seems perfect and too good to be true and you’re wondering why he’s single .. and this is the reason . He gets turned off by the girl at the first sign of an argument and just uses it as an excuse to run . I can tell on viviannas face that she realized he belongs on “ unmatchable .” 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, spunky said:

And he continued his abusive behavior with that stupid smirk he had on his face

Between that and the deadpan "okay...okay...okay", well...you think Hurricane Kay is bad? Try that one on ME!

• Love 8

Ryan's funny deadpan:  "I've never accidentally locked a deadbolt."

I don't believe Jose for a second, but my husband and I both accidentally lock the deadbolt pretty often, even after five years together. It's muscle memory from when we were each the only adult in the home so when we were home, we dead bolted the door (no one else was going to try to come in who was supposed to be there). But Jose - totally on purpose. And his "maybe I overreacted?" Shithead. Own your mistake.

Today, he’s role playing.  WTF?

I say good for them. Part of their problem was that he was thinking of Bao platonically and that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore...

Jamie Otis better ask the hard questions and tell him how he is being perceived by women everywhere. 

Hopefully by men too. No one should find Jose's behavior acceptable.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Between that and the deadpan "okay...okay...okay", well...you think Hurricane Kay is bad? Try that one on ME!

He should have been matched with Michaela,  she would have thrown him out the window. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL he had me believing she really did call him "Johnny." 😂

I think she did!

The other men tried to make him feel better by making excuses such as "J-names" or "Johnny-Jose kinda sound alike." Probably Rachel told Brett during their little talk and then Brett went home and told Ryan like a good wife does.

• LOL 4

So Rachel called Jose "Johnny".  Big freaking deal!  It's one thing to call out a former lover's name in the heat of passion, but quite another when you are in a group setting and the name of the person you accidentally calls them is someone sitting right there.  When the couples were on the catamaran and Rachel confessed to cheating on a former boyfriend, based on the look on Jose's face, I knew he was going to hold it against her.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Rachel trusts Jose …. But not with her bank  account. Jose can’t get past her having a one night stand when she was dating someone years ago 

She should of kept her mouth shut.  It’s none of his business.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Rachel trusts Jose …. But not with her bank  account. Jose can’t get past her having a one night stand when she was dating someone years ago 

It's not the fact that she had a one-night stand that bothers him. It's the fact that she cheated on her partner at the time. 

• Love 2

Tonight's episode was a PSA to the women (and gay men) in Houston. Jose is an unhinged putz and should be avoided at all costs.

He's stupid, too. Lying and gaslighting his way through telling the story. It's recorded. And aired, dolt. Some sign that a production person was sitting with Rachel when he went off. Sign that they have a better legal team.

• Love 21

Oh, Alert! On Unfiltered, sorry-NOT-sorry Jose just admits that his mother gave him one piece of advice: Don't let it get to that (referencing his explosion in which he screams at his wife to GTFO, bleep bleep). So not the first time. Please, Rachel, let it be the last. Leave now.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Bullshit. I know plenty of nice guys who are on the short side. There's no excuse for Jose's behavior and even less an excuse for his refusal to acknowledge and apologize for it.

Yeah, I get tired of the stuff like short man syndrome. He's just a dickhead and a control freak. 

He's also a huge piece of shit for trying to make the guys think he's not at fault in any way for the situation he's in. 

She better stay away too. She will always be walking on eggshells with him.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Not every short man has the syndrome. I think the degree of Short Man Syndrome is inversely proportional to the level of confidence a short man has about himself. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I’m early on in the episode but I think the words Zack is looking for are “ turned off.” He’s not scarred , he’s turned off by Michaela . 
He seems like the type of guy who seems perfect and too good to be true and you’re wondering why he’s single .. and this is the reason . He gets turned off by the girl at the first sign of an argument and just uses it as an excuse to run . I can tell on viviannas face that she realized he belongs on “ unmatchable .” 

We've already heard the issue many times. He's dated a bunch of hot tempered women before. Once she showed her temper early on  he was done. He just won't say it. He may be a little bit too hysterical about it but if he is indeed identifying behavior he is not comfortable with, I respect him wanting none of it. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Seems like Zack has already seen this movie and doesn’t want to watch it again.

Seems to me like Zack wants to rewatch it over and over and over again. He just won't let it go. Michaela has sincerely discussed it and apologized to him repeatedly but he's going to make her pay for it for the rest of her life. Yes, she behaved badly but at some point he has to let it go and get on with life. Zack is the guy with the obvious problem, not her.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Not every short man has the syndrome. I think the degree of Short Man Syndrome is inversely proportional to the level of confidence a short man has about himself. 

I've heard it's inversely proportional to the size of his you-know-what.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, shok said:

Seems to me like Zack wants to rewatch it over and over and over again. He just won't let it go. Michaela has sincerely discussed it and apologized to him repeatedly but he's going to make her pay for it for the rest of her life. Yes, she behaved badly but at some point he has to let it go and get on with life. Zack is the guy with the obvious problem, not her.

Ah, but watching Michaela's facial expressions is telling me that she is FOS and putting on her best possible behavior to reel him back in.  Only it's not working because Zach is perceptive enough and has enough experience with women like this to know this and know that it's an act.  That's why he won't let it go.

Of course now because he called her on it she will cease the crazy behavior and issue a false apology but I have zero doubt that it would have continued unchecked if he had not done so.  She is to varying degrees successfully schmoozing some people into believing that he's the one with the problem and now his understandable reaction to her batshit crazy behavior on two separate occasions is being turned around and framed as his problem, not hers. 

I for one am not falling for it and good on him for not falling for it either.

I will agree that knowing how it would make her feel he went ahead and told her he was just going to stay the night at his place was not his best look but  I actually don't blame him for that at this point, and I'm not going to fall for her act and turn this around to make it look like he's the one with the problem.  Zach is actually the youngest man on the cast this year and I think he was in earnest about finding love.  Even at best there were too many ugly red flags with Michaela too soon for me to expect him to just get over them and give her another chance even before the false apology, but especially after, NO WAY.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, buttersister said:

He's stupid, too. Lying and gaslighting his way through telling the story.

The worst part is, I don't think he's lying, I think his retelling of the story is the way he genuinely remembered it happening. He really thinks he's the victim here.

47 minutes ago, shok said:

Yes, she behaved badly but at some point he has to let it go and get on with life.

Or he could decide he doesn't want to put up with abusive behavior, divorce her, and get on with life. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

She is to varying degrees successfully schmoozing some people into believing that he's the one with the problem and now his understandable reaction to her batshit crazy behavior on two separate occasions is being turned around and framed as his problem, not hers. 

I think that had a lot to do with what got him so emotional, not only frustration with her behavior but frustration with some people believing the incidents are his fault.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
Just now, ByTor said:

I think that had a lot to do with what got him so emotional, not only frustration with her behavior but frustration with some people believing the incidents are his fault.

Yes, or at least believing his reaction to them is in the wrong just because she apologized for them and put on that "sincere" face.  IMO the apology was false and designed to get her out of taking responsibility for the behavior by creating the smokescreen that he's the one with the problem for not accepting the apology.  She is acting like she is taking responsibility for it, but all I see is someone that is used to using false apologies to make it look like the other person is in the wrong for not accepting them, when maybe what she did was bad enough to warrant the person having trouble accepting them.  Of course this was waaaay over Viviana's head.  I can't believe she would act the way she did about this - didn't she see the footage of the crazy way Michaela acted before their meeting with her?  Maybe not.  Although with her you never know.  She is virtually useless.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Of course, but there are SOME men who have a complex about their height. Oh gosh! Wonder what his reaction would’ve been if she’d have told him the ex was a 6’3 self-made millionaire!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, buttersister said:

Oh, Alert! On Unfiltered, sorry-NOT-sorry Jose just admits that his mother gave him one piece of advice: Don't let it get to that (referencing his explosion in which he screams at his wife to GTFO, bleep bleep). So not the first time. Please, Rachel, let it be the last. Leave now.

Did we ever find out where Rachel spent the night when she was locked out?

Why would production let her stay there, the producer that was talking to them in the kitchen should have told Rachel to pack a bag and come with her, why wasn't Rachel cared for by production, you see a man flying off the handle and yelling at his wife not even caring that it is being filmed, you step in. 

• Love 17
9 hours ago, buttersister said:

Boy, you could have fooled me.  Jose turned out to be a monster.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If the genders were reversed and a woman was dealing with a man who had a hair-trigger temper and becomes irrational and scary, the viewers would be up in arms. Seems like Zack has already seen this movie and doesn’t want to watch it again.

Yes.  Don’t let my comment way back on page 1 ‘fool you’ as to my opinion.  I still think Zach should not have said he’d come back with the tv if he wasn’t going to.  That’s wrong and he should do what he says he will do. 

however I also agree with you.  He is done with this experiment.  He’s had prior experience with knee jerk reactions and he’s seen where the road leads.  He doesn’t have to go down it again for anyone let alone  someone he met a month ago. He was honest ( but incoherent) about it in front of and after talking to the ‘expert’.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Ah, but watching Michaela's facial expressions is telling me that she is FOS and putting on her best possible behavior to reel him back in.  Only it's not working because Zach is perceptive enough and has enough experience with women like this to know this and know that it's an act.  That's why he won't let it go.

Of course now because he called her on it she will cease the crazy behavior and issue a false apology but I have zero doubt that it would have continued unchecked if he had not done so.  She is to varying degrees successfully schmoozing some people into believing that he's the one with the problem and now his understandable reaction to her batshit crazy behavior on two separate occasions is being turned around and framed as his problem, not hers. 

I for one am not falling for it and good on him for not falling for it either.

I will agree that knowing how it would make her feel he went ahead and told her he was just going to stay the night at his place was not his best look but  I actually don't blame him for that at this point, and I'm not going to fall for her act and turn this around to make it look like he's the one with the problem.  Zach is actually the youngest man on the cast this year and I think he was in earnest about finding love.  Even at best there were too many ugly red flags with Michaela too soon for me to expect him to just get over them and give her another chance even before the false apology, but especially after, NO WAY.

I agree with everything you said.  She is acting this way now, when she should be putting her best foot forward.  Wait, down the road she will get worse.  A leopard doesn’t change its spots.  Her family warned him.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

They often come off as a good guy, we all saw Dirty John, right? 

Jose should find a good therapist, Dr. Vivianno is out of her depth there.

I think she is too much with the sex talk.  They are adults.  Let them find out what’s more comfortable for them.  No way would my husband do those tantric, or whatever they are called, things.  Not every man wants to be told how to have sex.  On tv, no less, especially after only about a few weeks of knowing each other.  Now, I am admiring Gil and Myrla.  They are taking it slow and getting to know one another.  They may just be the only ones to stay together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The guys coming down on Jose was the highlight of the episode! They don't buy his bullshit at all!

Zack goes straight in to meltdown the minute Dr. Viv leaves. He is a strange one. I can't, I can't, I tried, I really wanted this, I'm heartbroken. Sob, Sob. Except we don't get to see the tears because his hands are hiding his face and he's wiping his face with his shirt. I've said it before, I think he is just as unhinged as Michaela. 

One rule of this whole "experiment" should be that you don't get to go sleep in  your real home. You stay in the apartment with your spouse until decision day or you don't get paid. Running away every time you feel like it  isn't what this is all about. Why do the experts not implement that? 

Ryan is cool when he's with the guys. I like his dry sense of humor. Then when he's with Brett he freezes and goes back in to dead in the eyes mode. I think he is used to the barbie doll look and Brett is not that. I think she is so pretty,  unfortunately just not his idea of pretty and he can't get past that. 

• Love 20