Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Locked Out

• Start Topic

Dr. Viviana gives our five couples some sexy assignments to help build trust and intimacy. While some couples enjoy the added spice, others feel distance from their partner.  And after calling her husband by the wrong name, one wife finds herself locked out--literally.

Airs Wednesday Sep 22 at 8PM EDT. 

As usual, this is a spoiler-free topic. If it did not happen on the show, please do not discuss.

• Love 1

Maybe! They're all in the same building.

Cannot stand Ryan. Can he just admit that he is not physically attracted to Brett, and that that's okay? No "feeling" is going to come at some vague future time. 

Cannot stand Zack. He is "one and done" with Michaela. She needs to start rejecting him majorly. As in, total polite indifference. [See: Myrla] As in, find a "legit" reason to spend a night elsewhere. [See: Zack]

Is there a *Live Chat*?

Zack is emotionally stunted, impossible to deal with. "We're two completely different people! You don't understand! I really wanted this!"

Like Michaela didn't want a successful  match? 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

True, they're probably furnished apartments.

Viviana, get with the program!!! How did she initially not understand that when Zach said Michaela "does not make a mistake, does not do something wrong" that he meant it's who he feels she is???

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Cannot stand Ryan. Can he just admit that he is not physically attracted to Brett, and that that's okay? No "feeling" is going to come at some vague future time. 

I think he is saying that - albeit maybe not as concisely and clearly as he could. He's just not physically attracted to her and he is nice enough that he feels bad because she is into him. And I think I understood Dr. Viv to say that it doesn't matter if he isn't sexually attracted to her? I'm not sure I believe that. I don't think that every couple has wild sex every day of their marriage but if there is no attraction, I'm not sure how much time the couple should give it to see if it develops. 

Viviana, get with the program!!! How did she initially not understand that when Zach said Michaela "does not make a mistake, does not do something wrong" that he meant it's who he feels she is???

Right. Zack doesn't want Michaela to learn how to act around him to keep him; he wants her to not be someone who loses her shit over a minor miscommunication. I think he's right. Michaela is who she is and while she could perhaps learn to hide how she feels, it's eventually going to bubble up even worse. I think she has an explosive temper and I think the only way her relationships would succeed is if she was with a partner who accepted that. I'm not sure that guy exists but maybe?

Is there a *Live Chat*?

I think this is it?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Bao is telling Johnny secrets she's not telling anyone else. Nobody but the viewing public, that is!!!

That story did kind of break my heart though and her full-body hug on Johnny was cute.

I don't usually find a lot of solid marriage guidance on this show but I think these questions are fascinating...

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Emma Snyder said:

It is!!! 😁

And I'm here for it! 

Well, if Zack believes he is incompatible with the Real Michaela, then he needs to buck up and accept that this "experiment," however much he thinks it's his last chance at marriage and a family, didn't work out for him. He's distraught, but I think he's  OTT in his own way. 

• Love 9

Zack doesn’t want the marriage or her.  He feels trapped.  Ryan isn’t feeling it with Brett and won’t.  I don’t believe in this.  There has to be love before marriage.  The ones that did make it are a fluke.  Getting married before knowing each other is going backwards, IMO.

• Love 14

As always, it doesn't start here for 3 more hours, but I am totally intrigued by the description of this episode. Which wife calls her husband the wrong name and gets locked out????? My guess, for some reason, is Rachel. Don't know why, but Jose strikes me as the type who would lock her out. Zack would just go home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Zack spends another night away from Michaela? Is he trying to provoke her anger?

He was in the wrong this time.  They were having  movie night and he wanted to get his Apple TV from his place.  Then when he got to his place he decided not to come back?  Sounds  like Michaela was polite on the phone… I haven’t gotten to a part where it’s discussed further yet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Michaela must have done something so nasty or violent or crazy that no one would say what IT was, makes me curious. And scared.

It was her reaction to Zack leaving without waking her to take his dog to daycare and (she claims, he denies) him not answering her text messages. She became very angry, packed up all her stuff and moved out. Oh - and when they talked later, she was still enraged and called him a "goddamn, motherfucking liar."

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

No "feeling" is going to come at some vague future time

And its not just a butterfly feeling or  an I can’t wait to talk to her that he wants.  He wants a feeling that the bedroom is too far away to wait.  I loved the therapist telling  him that’s a fantasy found  in movies or alcohol. It’s the truth.   Especially for couples in their30s.  Wait until they are kids Ryan.  See what intimacy is like then. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It was her reaction to Zack leaving without waking her to take his dog to daycare and (she claims, he denies) him not answering her text messages. She became very angry, packed up all her stuff and moved out.

I got the feeling there was something after that. She also wanted to call off the housewarming party on a whim and she’s very volatile. My gut tells me there’s more to the picture than we’ve be shown. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I loved the therapist telling  him that’s a fantasy found  in movies or alcohol. It’s the truth.   Especially for couples in their30s.  Wait until they are kids Ryan.  See what intimacy is like then. 

True, but in the honeymoon phase I don't find it all that unrealistic.

• Love 8
Just now, kristen111 said:

I don’t care.  Dr. Viv is too intrusive.  I wouldn’t tell her diddly squat.  Sex is private.

Agree. She seems a little too giddy to get the details. When Rachel and Jose didn’t respond right away, Viv just kept pushing and pushing…”What’s your favorite part? Is it the intercourse ? The kissing?”  Geesh, like it was a slumber party and the girls were brushing each others’ hair.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

And its not just a butterfly feeling or  an I can’t wait to talk to her that he wants.  He wants a feeling that the bedroom is too far away to wait.  I loved the therapist telling  him that’s a fantasy found  in movies or alcohol. It’s the truth.   Especially for couples in their30s.  Wait until they are kids Ryan.  See what intimacy is like then. 

See I didn't love that. I do think that Ryan's major-makeout fantasy is something of movies and tv shows but I also think that if you don't have that basic attraction in the beginning, you maybe aren't going to develop it later on down the road - especially when you have kids and a million other demands on your time and energy.

I don’t care.  Dr. Viv is too intrusive.  I wouldn’t tell her diddly squat.  Sex is private.

I get that she is a sex therapist and sex is an important part of marriage but if the couples don't identify it as an issue, I don't think she should go into it. For example, I think Johnny and Bao are just fine with where they are in their sex life but it was like Dr. Viv was looking for a problem when there isn't one. 

8 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I need to be in that heated pool! 🧜‍♀️ 🏊‍♀️

Me too! Didn't Zack say it belonged to a friend of his? I need friends like that (no offense to my current, wonderful but un-pooled friends).

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Cancun said:

Agree. She seems a little too giddy to get the details. When Rachel and Jose didn’t respond right away, Viv just kept pushing and pushing…”What’s your favorite part? Is it the intercourse ? The kissing?”  Geesh, like it was a slumber party and the girls were brushing each others’ hair.

I would love Dr. Viv to ask my husband those questions. He’d tell her where to go in certain words, haha.  But, this is just a show, so.        I guess everyone loves salmon.

• Love 4

Yikes.  Kinda hard to get into a sexytime mood with a strange woman moaning in your face (WTF was that about?) and a rack of kettlebells in the background.

As for Jose locking Rachel out, she should have called the police to allow her access to the apartment, gathered her stuff, and left.  For good.  And to hell with the inevitable Pastor Cal intervention that would ensue.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jose has shown himself, insecure, narcissistic, controlling and disrespectful, Rachel seems smart enough to know he has shown himself and should believe what she has seen.  The fact that he fell apart over her calling him the wrong name, told her to pack her bags and go (when he has a house to go to, why wouldn't he leave?), how will he handle a real crises? Geeze, short fuse much?

He needs to grow the fuck up and get a handle on his raging insecurity.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I felt nervous just watching that disgusting display.

His behavior was very manipulative.

13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Not saying his actions were justified, but did she really say another name instead of Jose's?

Apparently she did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

His behavior was very manipulative.

Yes. Locking Rachel out of the home is something an abusive spouse would do. She should run far and fast before this goes further.

And now he is gaslighting her. Dude, instead of asking her why she didn't share her feelings earlier, why isn't he asking what about him made her feel unsafe to share with him?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jose has shown himself, insecure, narcissistic, controlling and disrespectful, Rachel seems smart enough to know he has shown himself and should believe what she has seen.  The fact that he fell apart over her calling him the wrong name, told her to pack her bags and go (when he has a house to go to, why wouldn't he leave?), how will he handle a real crises? Geeze, short fuse much?

I agree with everything you said. 

• Love 7