Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: From Soup To Nuts

• Start Topic

Corey faces the wrath of Evelin's sisters; Alina and Steven's reunion is less than ideal; Ellie gets an unexpected call; Armando is on a mission; Ari learns Bini's sisters still don't trust her; Jenny demands Sumit take action.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Telling her that a big red flag, no big red blanket is about to be waived in front of her.

If they had not actually shown Ellie and Victor together in one of the previews, I would swear this is another David or Ceaser storyline.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Watched the 20 minute preview. SteVen is sure excited for his super long flights to Turkey. Alina and her family, of course, are apprehensive. Hopefully they have a Plan B lined up if things go belly up. She doesn't know SteVen and she is a young woman in a foreign country. Hope she has a way of getting home, if need be.

Geez, Ari, everything is wrong with Bini and he doesn't communicate the way you want him to. Good luck to you. You chose this. I can see the nosy neighbors seeing Ari and her ex husband going for coffee. Yes, it is nice to see a friend, but you are engaged to another man.

Guess everyone cries in Kenny's family. Armando's family seemed happy to meet Kenny's daughter and were polite and gracious hosts. Kenny's first hug from Armando's dad? At least Dad showed up.

• Love 16

Saw the 20 minute preview.

Don't care about Ari/Bini/Plot contrived Leo.

SteVen and Alina - Alina deserves better.

Kenny and Armando - I know the old man probably has issues with his son being gay but damn he loves his son very much and he seems very warm to Kenny. I mean that is very accepting of Armando's father.  Plus did I hear Kenny speak some Spanish when they came with the greetings?!  Wondering how much of this story is scripted.

• Love 20

I watched the preview.  

My little black heart got all warm and fuzzy with the Armando and Kenny and family scenes.  That hug between Armando and his dad was so real and full of love.  

I love Kenny, too, but Armando was 100% right.  This was neither the time nor the place to announce their wedding plans.  Kenny needs to slow down and let this family heal, and it looks like they are well on their way to doing just that.  

Let things unfold naturally, Kenny, and everything will fall into place in their own time.

This was the only segment I can remember.  The rest of them were kind of 😴

• Love 19

Elle - I am tired of her already.

Alina - Run!!!!  Now!!!!  Fast!!!  If for nothing  else, that awful laugh.  

Ariel and Bini - Don’t care.

Evelyn and Corey - Really, really don’t care.

Armando and Kenny - eh.  Armando could do better.

The Tool and the Liar - Jenny is tired, I tell you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

I just watched the whole thing.  Fast forwarded through a lot.  Jenny gave me a hearty laugh when she told her son oops I mean Sumit that when she makes up her mind to do something, she does it!

I ff through most of Corey and Evelin but she and her sisters are cruel and degrading towards Corey. 

Steven, you are weird.

Bini and company:  don't care.

Kenny and Armando I ff through as I am positive it is all for show.

Sumit's parents show up next week!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sumit's parents show up next week!!! 

Mother Sumit has had ample time by now to assemble a suicide kit, so it'll be interesting to see which methods she has to choose from.

But for real, the Parents Sumit must know that their son has no intention of marrying Jenny, so if they pretend not to, it's just for the purpose of dragging the story out to keep him drawing some kind of paycheck. Because otherwise, if Jenny leaves, he becomes their financial burden again, and I figure they've had just about enough of that.

Their other son seems so normal. I wonder how they created this bucktoothed flimflammer. Maybe the lesson is, get your kids braces so they don't hate you later in life.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

I watched the preview and couldn't remember it until I saw a summary upthread.   Perhaps too many football games intervened or it could have been the margaritas.

I was puzzled that there wasn't a direct flight to Bogota from SEATAC, because it looked like she changed planes in Dallas.  So I looked and found there are lots of direct flights, but nothing non-stop.  Many lay over in Dallas or Miami for a few hours.  Unfortunately, the main result of my search has been emails from priceline.com for airline fares to San Andres.

Not so sure about drama llama Kenneth.  He says he hasn't been apart from his children ever for more than a week until he moved to Mexico?   I am guessing that must be an exaggeration. Did none of them go away to college or to camp or stay with other relatives or go on vacation? He and his daughter really can turn on the water works.    And I think he needs to hush up about telling Armando's dad about the big wedding.  This revelation needs baby steps.  Also in one of the previews Kenneth didn't sound like he wanted  a huge crown.  They can always go to the registry office or justice of the peace or whatever they have in Mexico and do a quick civil service and they have a big reception and recite their vows again.  I am not sure this is a good time for a large reception anyway.  My local friends who work in the wedding industry say that weddings are back, but they are much smaller these days for the most part.

I am wondering to what extent Ari caught Bini on the rebound from her break up with Leandro.  She may have been in lust with him, but she certainly doesn't seem to love him.  I am beginning to think that she doesn't like him very much.  She was, however, probably thrilled that he fought Leandro.

I cannot stand Cory and Evilin.  Aline and Steven with a "v" are dull as dishwater. Ellie is annoying.  Summit and Jenny deserve each other, and should continue to be dealt blows.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Unfortunately, the main result of my search has been emails from priceline.com for airline fares to San Andres.

I switched to DuckDuckGo a long time ago. It doesn’t track you, so you don’t get tons of ads just because you happened to look something up. Much more privacy and easy to use.

Might be wrong here, but I believe that Areola fell onto Bini’s penis just a few short weeks after she decided that Leandro was much too mature (i.e., he was pursuing his education so he’d have an actual career) for her. Enter Butt Bongo Bini, who is also an aspiring rapper. Need I say more?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

If you ask me, Cory might have been better off with "Jenny".  Evelin delights in humiliating Cory and he just sits there like a big lump and take it.  The nerve of that woman to complain that he cheated on her, when word on the street is that she is the town's bicycle. I would bet good money that when she heard that he was with another woman in Peru, she lured him back,  After all, she can't afford to lose her meal ticket.  

I think Bini and Evelin's sisters need to be put in their place.  Too bad Cory and Ari aren't up to the task.   

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Am I wrong to wish Corey had thrown the penis soup in the sister's face? It's so nasty to trick someone into eating something  you know is going to gross them out. Evelin has a very sadistic streak, it seems to me.

If Corey had even a speck of self-respect, he would've dumped Evelin on the spot. She obviously knew what the soup was and enjoyed humiliating him. Who would want to be married to someone like that? And when the sister said "Now you're going to finish it" or whatever, I would have told her to go fuck herself.

Steven is just weird. Alina has the look of someone who's seriously regretting her life decisions.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

If Corey had even a speck of self-respect, he would've dumped Evelin on the spot. She obviously knew what the soup was and enjoyed humiliating him. Who would want to be married to someone like that? And when the sister said "Now you're going to finish it" or whatever, I would have told her to go fuck herself.

Remember she and one of the sisters did the same thing to him when they made him eat a worm that was live? They're so mean. Corey's a douche for taking it. I'm not a fan of cheating, but maybe Jenny was nice to him and it was a nice change.

• Love 18

Jenny needs to leave Summit, he keeps stringing her along and her family not accepting Jenny does not help either

I wonder if Corey made the girl in Peru pregnant since he let it up

Alina needs to run away! Saying "I do not think you are commiting to baptism is an asshole move

I hope Armando's father will be there for Armando at his wedding

I do not care to comment on Evie and Ariela since they are both boring today

• Love 5

If Alina is this worried about staying in Turkey alone, ("Those people on the street, want to kidnap me!!!"- Girl, do they even know you exist? ) maybe she shouldn't have agreed to meet and marry SteVen there.

Evilin and Corey-  they slick with getting married and keeping it hidden all this time. I think she could have waited even longer to confess to her sisters, until after the big ceremony. Like in a decade, if they make it that long. 

Ariel and Bini-  I understand Bini's sisters' skepticism, the decisions Ari makes seem odd and arbitrary. Especially to someone who's all about traditions.  I'm starting to wonder, though, if they were just as skeptical about the first wife, and contributed to the reasons why she left him.

It's just nice to see Armando and Kenny... cry... again and again.

Yayy Victor is okay! Can Ellie stop worrying now that she's with him?

Sumit still lying to Jenny, well, half-lying. After 10 years, lady, you should be tired of him.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

So, if Ari, Bini, and Leandro went to Bini’s sister’s house for the Buhe holiday and Mimi the nanny was there (since it’s been confirmed she’s also a sister) WHERE WAS BABY AVI?

This was debunked on another forum. Mimi is not related to Bini. 

• Useful 5

Evelin is awful. Plus one here on a 90 day crossover of Ellie and Corey as a couple. Ellie laying on closed mouth pecks on Victor at the airport said it all. Ellie and Corey are a match made in Pacific NW heaven.  Also, did Corey put his fatty soup meat in Peruvian Jenny while Evilin and C were technically married? 

Hurricane ravaged sweaty Victor doing the Nestea Plunge on a clean hotel bed grossed me out. Shower up, man in the unlimited hot h20!

Steven seems to have won the lottery on being a little neurodiverse (not a bad thing!) WITH the heavy seasoning of religious control from "Stepdad Bob" (there's the story, people) and his mother. Neurodiversity and possible impulsivity plus religious repression then a sprinkle of defiance of not being able to act on said impulsivity means SteVen can't walk by that pool without diving in. He CAN and no one is telling him he can't. It might be his only chance. That is what drives him. YMMV. 

Ari clinging to her ex (is he even her ex husband yet?) at the airport. She is NOT well. Have we seen her hold her own baby even one time yet? Nanny always has him.  When she was in the van she said "everyone loves that guy" (Avi). Third person. The nanny is to watch Ari. Ari 10000% wants her life back in simpler times with Leandro.

I LOL when Bini said "buh bye" to Leandro in the interview. Cute. 

Jenny and Sumit: FF

• Love 9
On 9/17/2021 at 10:45 PM, Frozendiva said:

Geez, Ari, everything is wrong with Bini and he doesn't communicate the way you want him to. Good luck to you. You chose this. I can see the nosy neighbors seeing Ari and her ex husband going for coffee. Yes, it is nice to see a friend, but you are engaged to another man.

Ari is an adherent of the Darcey and Stacey school of relationships, I guess. "I do whatever I want, and you respond to it in a way of my choosing". One deviation from the path is a cue for tears, door slamming, the throwing of drinks, and flouncing. 

15 hours ago, Twopper said:

Not so sure about drama llama Kenneth.  He says he hasn't been apart from his children ever for more than a week until he moved to Mexico?   I am guessing that must be an exaggeration. Did none of them go away to college or to camp or stay with other relatives or go on vacation? He and his daughter really can turn on the water works.    And I think he needs to hush up about telling Armando's dad about the big wedding.  This revelation needs baby steps.  Also in one of the previews Kenneth didn't sound like he wanted  a huge crown.  They can always go to the registry office or justice of the peace or whatever they have in Mexico and do a quick civil service and they have a big reception and recite their vows again.  I am not sure this is a good time for a large reception anyway.  My local friends who work in the wedding industry say that weddings are back, but they are much smaller these days for the most part.

I am heartily sick of Kenneth and his histrionics. He's going to float away on an ocean of his own tears. And his daughter is even worse. How does she get through the day? She never seems to stop crying!

10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

If you ask me, Cory might have been better off with "Jenny".  Evelin delights in humiliating Cory and he just sits there like a big lump and take it.  The nerve of that woman to complain that he cheated on her, when word on the street is that she is the town's bicycle. I would bet good money that when she heard that he was with another woman in Peru, she lured him back,  After all, she can't afford to lose her meal ticket.  

Not even gossip, she copped to it herself, and so did at least one of the guys she cheated with, to Corey. Corey must enjoy being humiliated and abased by Evilyn and her coven of skanky sisters. 

And seriously people! SKOODLYPOOP?? What the ever living fuck? 

• Love 9

We all knew about Corey and Evelyn's wedding, right, because he's been wearing a wedding ring since last season.   I can't be the only one who noticed. 

1 hour ago, judyri said:

I don't understand grown people who don't work.  Ariele has a nanny for the baby, what does she do?  Sumit is living off Jenny's Social Security?  At least Bini is working.

I thought the attorney in the US told Jenny that she wouldn't get SS if she moved to India.  Or is she still getting it because she is still a US citizen?  There's no excuse for Sumit to not be working, though.  

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

This was debunked on another forum. Mimi is not related to Bini. 

The woman wearing the white shawl over her head was introduced to Leandro as Bini’s sister, named something that began with an “M” and to call her “Mimi.” To me she looked exactly like the woman who takes care of the baby. I’ll try to rewatch and screenshot 

5 hours ago, steff13 said:

Or is she still getting it because she is still a US citizen?  There's no excuse for Sumit to not be working, though.  

She can still receive it as long as she remains a US citizen.  There is no excuse for Sumit to be.....anything.  His career seems to be scamming, lying, drawing things out, being weak, being broke, and being a weak simpering man.  Not really sure what they see in each other.  Maybe it is best they are together so they are off the market. but just stay off my tv.  Then again, I am only halfway in on this season anyway.  Steven to see how dorky he can really get, and, (hangs head in shame) these two fools just to mute her every time she mentions:  visa, passport, marriage, timeline, borders, "You need to stand up to your parents", or cries.

Edited:  I prefer simpering over weak.  A man does not have to be alpha strong and smelling of testosterone.  Simpering fits him better!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Also, did Corey put his fatty soup meat in Peruvian Jenny while Evilin and C were technically married? 

I believe they were married but decided to “take a break” when Corey went to Peru, but I might be misremembering, didn’t Corey admit to not being able to “get it up” with Jenny? If so, since there was no intercourse, maybe in his mind he technically didn’t cheat. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It was very candid for Arie to vocalize her life philosophy — “work is overrated.”

That is what she has parents for. They can work to pay for her 3-bedroom house and housekeeper/nanny.

Neither Ari nor Bini work, why can't they look after their Baby themselves?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, steff13 said:

We all knew about Corey and Evelyn's wedding, right, because he's been wearing a wedding ring since last season.   I can't be the only one who noticed. 

I thought the attorney in the US told Jenny that she wouldn't get SS if she moved to India.  Or is she still getting it because she is still a US citizen?  There's no excuse for Sumit to not be working, though.  

Many people receive their social security after moving to other countries.  Maybe if she renounces her citizenship it’s different.

14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

The woman wearing the white shawl over her head was introduced to Leandro as Bini’s sister, named something that began with an “M” and to call her “Mimi.” To me she looked exactly like the woman who takes care of the baby. I’ll try to rewatch and screenshot 

I thought her nickname was Wish.

• Love 2

Oh, for goodness' sake, people!  Ari's "nanny" is called Mimi.  Bini has two sisters on the show, and they're called Wish and Mimi.  Sister Mimi looks NOTHING like nanny Mimi.

Ari did all but come straight out and ask Leandro to take her back.  She was ALL over him, even though he was trying to be tactful.  He has more common sense.  He said he'd like to come back and visit "you two" but Ari had nothing but eyes for Leandro.  She's looking for any excuse to leave Ethiopia and return to Leandro, and made it well known to Bini & the camera.

• Love 11

I was appalled at the humiliation scene with Corey during the soup scene. Corey is so easy going, but there is a time when one needs to stand up for themselves and that time is NOW. Evilyn, just sitting there with that smug look on her face, letting her sisters berate him like that. The sisters are vultures who have found their victim and were going full-force with their bullying. Corey, why are you even answering their questions? They are not married to you, what you have or haven't done is no business of theirs. YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO RESPOND TO THEIR QUESTIONS. They will continue to walk all over you unless you stand up for yourself. You are alone in this family, your wife will never support you. Oh, I almost forgot one sister saying she will "kill him" if he hurts her sister. OMG. Are you kidding me? Who does she think she is? These people are nutcases.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Many people receive their social security after moving to other countries.  Maybe if she renounces her citizenship it’s different.

That's what the attorney she spoke with said at the beginning of the series.  She has to give up her US citizenship if she becomes an Indian citizen; India doesn't recognize dual citizenship. 

• Love 1

I'm under the impression that Ari invited Leo over to tread the waters to see if he had any interest in reconciling.  

When he did not, she turned her story around to how much she loved Bini with all of her heart, blah, blah, blah.  

I think had Leo shown any interest in rekindling their relationship, she would have been out of there with the quickness.  

And LOL at Bini's little bye-bye message to Leo 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

If so, since there was no intercourse, maybe in his mind he technically didn’t cheat. 

It is 100% cheating as his INTENT was to bone her.  Just because you were "on a break" Ross Gellar, you were STILL CHEATING.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I believe they were married but decided to “take a break” when Corey went to Peru, but I might be misremembering, didn’t Corey admit to not being able to “get it up” with Jenny? If so, since there was no intercourse, maybe in his mind he technically didn’t cheat. 

I think if the intent was there, it was cheating.  But I also don't believe he couldn't rise to the occasion.  I think that's just what he told Evelyn.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I was appalled at the humiliation scene with Corey during the soup scene. Corey is so easy going, but there is a time when one needs to stand up for themselves and that time is NOW. Evilyn, just sitting there with that smug look on her face, letting her sisters berate him like that. The sisters are vultures who have found their victim and were going full-force with their bullying. Corey, why are you even answering their questions? They are not married to you, what you have or haven't done is no business of theirs. YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO RESPOND TO THEIR QUESTIONS. They will continue to walk all over you unless you stand up for yourself. You are alone in this family, your wife will never support you. Oh, I almost forgot one sister saying she will "kill him" if he hurts her sister. OMG. Are you kidding me? Who does she think she is? These people are nutcases.

Also they claimed that in Ecuador siblings interfere in their sister’s marriage as a cultural thing.  Doubtful, they are preying on his ignorance.

3 minutes ago, steff13 said:

I think if the intent was there, it was cheating.  But I also don't believe he couldn't rise to the occasion.  I think that's just what he told Evelyn.  

Also even with erectile dysfunction he could have performed oral or digital pleasure on her.  This is getting to be like Monica Lewinsky type semantics.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Alina’s mother tells her that compromise is important, but Steven MUST stay with her when in Turkey.  😆 Don’t ask him, tell him that’s how it will be.  I don’t think she understands compromising.  

Ari says employment is overrated.  How would she know?  I’m not sure how she expects Bini to support her and a family.  It doesn’t seem feasible, without the money from the show and her family.  What she has there doesn’t seem sustainable.  That’s what Leandro was trying to say to her.  She refuses to accept it.  Plus, there doesn’t seem to be anyone in Ari’s home and local community that she can talk to about her interests.  For me, long term that would be too lonely.  I’m wondering what sorts of things she and Bini discuss……maybe music?  But, that’s it.  

As much as I despise Evilin and Corey, I still was appalled at the treatment of Corey. But, I sense he knew it was coming and it’s all they have to put out there this season.  It’s pathetic to put it out there that your wife and her family treat you that way.  Even, if it’s for the money….it’s abusive, imo and that’s not ok.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That was Bini's highly opiniated sister.  Her real name is hard to remember, so they call her "Wish".  Her Royal Bitchiness would never lower herself to work as Ari's nanny.  Perish the thought.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3