Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: From Soup To Nuts

• Start Topic

Where was Baby Avi?   My first thought was that Baby Avi was home turning down beds for when his (helpless) parents come home to go to bed.  

SteVen?  Isn’t he the youngest of his family of all boys - and the others all left the church?  Something didn’t work with their indoctrination.     

Jenny and Submit?  Don’t care.

Ellie and the island guy?  Sorry about the hurricane but that’s what happens down there, every year, to some degree.  Not much you can do about that.  

Almost forgot (wishful thinking) Corey and Evil-lyn.  She was a bitch from the first season when she refused to pick him up at the airport. Who would have imagined that she could get worse from there, but she did.    

I think I’ve gotten to the point where the First Look 20 min segment is enough for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/22/2021 at 7:50 PM, magemaud said:

Really? I never heard that. I just thought it was something kids do on a dare but with the price of sneakers nowadays, I'd be pissed if my kid threw them over a telephone line. 

you had me going there for a minute

Found this out about a year ago. It’s very interesting. Here’s an explainer: https://www.wbez.org/stories/shoes-on-a-wire-untangling-an-urban-myth/f46d882f-dd38-452b-98dc-be406135429a

On 9/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, Xebug67 said:

She does dress cutely though.  She doesn't, however, have a very good body.  We've all seen many women her age or even older that are in better shape and much more physically attractive than she is.

I think Jenny’s really looks nice in the Indian fashions she wears. The colors and the styles suit her (especially the tunics). I think her body is fine, she is 65, and relatively slim by USA standards. But she probably always carried more weight in her face even when she was young and now she has the jowls. I think without the jowls she would look far younger. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

But she probably always carried more weight in her face even when she was young and now she has the jowls. I think without the jowls she would look far younger. 

Maybe on one of her required every six months trips outside India she should go to Turkey for a transformation 

• LOL 2
On 9/20/2021 at 6:33 PM, athousandclowns said:

I don’t understand why people can’t meet their spouses in a nightclub like I did.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:43 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

@athousandclowns, or on a blind date like me.  But I agree:  Just throw a little tequila back and see what happens!

I also met my husband on a blind date.  🥰

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2021 at 9:50 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Jenny’s really looks nice in the Indian fashions she wears. The colors and the styles suit her (especially the tunics). I think her body is fine, she is 65, and relatively slim by USA standards. But she probably always carried more weight in her face even when she was young and now she has the jowls. I think without the jowls she would look far younger. 

I wonder if Jenny got some romantic notions about living in India from the film version of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Sometimes it appears she fancies herself to be an amalgamation of the female characters.

Agree that her wardrobe is lovely and suits her well. I’d love to wear such clothing but feel it would be fairly disrespectful of me to do so in the US.  

Speaking to her personality impacting her looks…one of the times she looked her absolute best was when they were at a festival that (IIRC) involved throwing colored powder around; she looked so happy and that improved her visage significantly.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

First one, yes.  Second one.....nope.  lol!

First one yes, second one I picked him out on JDate!

Jenny has the idea that how she met Sumit was a "meet cute," like out of a Hallmark movie.  Sumit probably did his fake stuff with a number of women and Jenny is the only one that actually showed up, like legit showed up in India.  When Jenny says she wants to get married because it has been 9 years, etc...does she even really love him at this point or has it just been so long and she is in so deep?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

First one yes, second one I picked him out on JDate!

Jenny has the idea that how she met Sumit was a "meet cute," like out of a Hallmark movie.  Sumit probably did his fake stuff with a number of women and Jenny is the only one that actually showed up, like legit showed up in India.  When Jenny says she wants to get married because it has been 9 years, etc...does she even really love him at this point or has it just been so long and she is in so deep?

Okay, i need new glasses as i read that as "Jaildate."  Not kidding.  

No, Jenny, your story is not "meet cute."  Mine is, but yours is weird and chock full of lies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, steff13 said:

We all knew about Corey and Evelyn's wedding, right, because he's been wearing a wedding ring since last season.   I can't be the only one who noticed. 

I thought the attorney in the US told Jenny that she wouldn't get SS if she moved to India.  Or is she still getting it because she is still a US citizen?  There's no excuse for Sumit to not be working, though.  

She should be getting SS as long as she remains a US citizen. Even expats can generally get their SS, at least for a time. People living in certain areas such as Cuba or Vietnam can't get payments sent there, but can have them sent to another country or deposited into a US account.

• Love 1