Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: From Soup To Nuts

• Start Topic

On 9/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Frozendiva said:

Watched the 20 minute preview. SteVen is sure excited for his super long flights to Turkey. Alina and her family, of course, are apprehensive. Hopefully they have a Plan B lined up if things go belly up. She doesn't know SteVen and she is a young woman in a foreign country. Hope she has a way of getting home, if need be.

Geez, Ari, everything is wrong with Bini and he doesn't communicate the way you want him to. Good luck to you. You chose this. I can see the nosy neighbors seeing Ari and her ex husband going for coffee. Yes, it is nice to see a friend, but you are engaged to another man.

Guess everyone cries in Kenny's family. Armando's family seemed happy to meet Kenny's daughter and were polite and gracious hosts. Kenny's first hug from Armando's dad? At least Dad showed up.

I can't stand Steven.  There's something seriously mentally wrong with him.  "Strange", as Alina put it, is too kind of a word to describe him.  "Off his rocker" is more fitting.  He seriously repulses me, both personality-wise, as well as physicality-wise.

It's odd how he almost looked attractive in the older photos that they showed of him with Alina, whereas now he just looks greasy, dirty and unwashed to me.  When Alina complimented him that he smelled nice was when I realized how he looks clearly doesn't equate with how he smells, LOL.

I find his protestations re being too sexually tempted to room with her to be extremely disconcerting and creepy.  How would taking Alina out on a date be any safer as regards his ability to control his sexual impulses than sleeping in another room of the same apartment?  I do wonder if Alina is correct that he wanted to stay at the hostel so as to be semi-free to flirt with, or even worse, engage in one-night-stand relationships with other women, because I can't for the life of me fathom how he finds it so impossible to curb his impulses.  He's like a ticking sexual time bomb.  Poor Alina has no idea of what she's getting herself involved with there.

That area where Alina's apartment is looked to be quite nice.  I wonder if we didn't see everything surrounding the apartment that has her concerned for her safety, or whether it's just an overall, never having been on her own anywhere safety concern.  Either way, I don't blame her for not wanting to stay all by herself in a foreign country where she doesn't know the language or have any friends.

Why couldn't Steven have found a place for them that has a sleeper sofa, if he couldn't afford a two-bedroom apartment?

This whole scenario is too fishy for my taste.

Previously, someone had mentioned something about her hair issues.  There was a segment shown, and I can't remember now if it was coming attractions or a different talking head than her usual one, where her hair looked the best I've seen it thus far.  It was sleek and healthy looking, contrasted with the usual frizziness we've seen.

With regards to Bini's communication issues, he seemed to be really trying to express himself better when they were having that conversation on the step in front of their home.  Meanwhile, how she appeared to not want to let Leandro fly out of there and was clinging to him like a bloodsucking leech at the airport, it's understandable why Bini would be jealous.  He only dances with his ex.  He doesn't latch onto her the way Ari did with Leandro (at least not that we've seen anyway).  For someone who supposedly loves Bini so much, that was crazy improper in my opinion.  I do feel that Leandro conducted himself in a thoroughly upstanding manner around them both.  He's a very classy guy.  He kept including Bini in everything he said the entire time that Ari was inconsiderately bombarding him with questions about how much would he miss HER, and he would respond about missing them both.  His cutest response, though, was that he would miss Avi the most.  I did think that the sisters were unnecessarily rude to him at the campfire.  I honestly don't mind when they give Ari a hard time, because I can't stand Ari and somewhat enjoy their tormenting her.  However, Leandro was a guest who had never done them any harm, and they could have definitely been nicer and more cordial towards him.  I understand that they perceived him to be a threat to their brother's happiness, but they were way overstepping there with their unfriendliness and rudeness. 

Even though Ari purports to love Bini so much, her actions totally belie her words.  I think she's trying to convince herself as much as the audience that she loves him.  However, what's so much to love there?  He doesn't seem to have much of a personality or intellect.  He's not stimulatingly intelligent the way Leandro is.  He has no sense of humor, which Leandro did have.  He's not driven or ambitious the way that Leandro is.  I think she totally effed herself by leaving him, and the time that she just spent with him while he was visiting drove that point home even more.  Leandro is totally the better catch.

What did surprise me was when it was said that Leandro and Ari BOTH had never wanted kids, but then Ari changed her mind at the age of 25.  So perhaps that was the motivating factor behind her leaving Leandro the way she did, and her plan was to schtup anybody anywhere in the world and get pregnant.  She strikes me as that calculating and reckless.

Well, she got her wish and got pregnant by no-more-dreadlocks Bini, and has to make the best of it.  I was surprised to hear her say how much she loves living in Ethiopia, unless that too was a lie that she was trying to convince Leandro and us of to cover up her regrets of not being back in the states with her family.

Kenny remains a sour apple in my opinion.  He loves wallowing in disappointment.  The fact is, Armando's father seemed overjoyed to have Armando there.  I don't know which of the two of them was hugging the other harder and more intensely, they were both so into that hug.  That surprised me in a delighted way for Armando's sake that his seemingly man's man of a father had that soft side for his son.  Kenny could have expressed more happiness on Armando's behalf that the dad was behaving so lovingly towards Armando, and so pleasantly and cordially towards Kenny and his daughter.  I do believe they were all pleased to meet the daughter.

Kenny needs to back off of pushing Armando too hard to do things at Kenny's pace and whim as opposed to what's a comfortable pace for Armando and his own family, knowing his family as he does and what would be right to do/say and when to do/say it.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

In terms of seeing the traditional jobs I wonder if the camera people are bored out of their skulls filming these idiots so to keep themselves awake take footage of regular people. Then the producers , equally bored , put it on the show.

You mean the guy doing the pottery?  He sold that one and out-earned Sumit for all of 2021.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Breedom said:

His idea of communication is to look apathetic and stare into space.

I would pay money to see Sumit and Big Mike from Sequim decide to go out to dinner.  It would take five hours between the indecision and shoulder shrugging and stating off into space.

4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Although there has been speculation that perhaps SteVen is on the spectrum, after watching this episode I think that SteVen has a severe case of wanting attention (which Alina even referenced [he likes to be the center of attention]).  I doubt he would have jumped in the pool if the camera hadn't been there. 

Yep, sped teacher here.  No autism detected, yet, but I DO agree with the "What can I do to get attention?" line of thinking as I see that daily, hourly in my middle school setting.  Socially awkward yes, autism, no.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 9/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, JeanJean said:

Am I wrong to wish Corey had thrown the penis soup in the sister's face? It's so nasty to trick someone into eating something  you know is going to gross them out. Evelin has a very sadistic streak, it seems to me.

Their whole scene is what I call the current trend of "emasculation for entertainment." How many commercials and shows do we see where women insult and embarrass their (supposed) significant others for kicks? Think the commercial where the dumb husband changes the baby diaper on the kitchen counter (as wife discovers with rolling eyes) or the scene here where Evelyn gleefully watches and snickers as her sisters humiliate her husband? It's really awful and tiresome.

This whole episode was rather dull and plodding. SteVen is just weird and Alina is naive; Jenny and Sumit are just so repetitive; who knows where they are going with Ellie and what's-his-name. I do have to say that Ari is as transparent as glass, using her ex-husband to manipulate Bini into being her ideal husband. She is the type who probably threatens to leave every other day (this actually has been implied), takes no responsibility for her own failings, and is a master manipulator. Her clingy hug and suggestion to Leandro that he can "stay if he changes his mind!" were very telling.  And who noticed that her "reasons" for her marriage to Leandro have changed? Last week it was that he wanted to pursue his doctorate and she wanted to travel; this week it was that she wanted children and he didn't.   She is flaunting that in HIS face during the entire visit ("you could have had this with me....")

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Even though Ari purports to love Bini so much, her actions totally belie her words.  I think she's trying to convince herself as much as the audience that she loves him.  However, what's so much to love there?  He doesn't seem to have much of a personality or intellect.  He's not stimulatingly intelligent the way Leandro is.  He has no sense of humor, which Leandro did have.  He's not driven or ambitious the way that Leandro is. 

I wonder what Bini sees in Ari. What does she offer? She seems to just ghost around the apartment all day with no interests, meaningful conversations, humor or affection.

Being linked to Bini, he is her ticket to being thought of as being exotic and adventurous. But with Leandro, he's got the ambition and education that she could link onto. Weird mindset. I actually like Bini. Maybe he wants a free ride, but maybe not. He seems low-key, kind and very respectful. He does seem to love her.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Alina is already regretting her decision-I also think it was enticing to have this grand romance AND be on t.v. but the reality is just starting to sink in.

Although in the preview she wants to get married right away and he wants to wait.

• Love 2
On 9/19/2021 at 7:54 PM, JeanJean said:

Am I wrong to wish Corey had thrown the penis soup in the sister's face? It's so nasty to trick someone into eating something  you know is going to gross them out. Evelin has a very sadistic streak, it seems to me.

She ACTUALLY repels me, I have to FF ANY time she comes on the screen. Pure evil. 

• Love 14
On 9/20/2021 at 9:09 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t see why Steven’s explanation for staying at a hostel is suspicious. It makes sense if he’s truly into staying celibate until marriage.  I realize he’s had sex previously.  Did I miss something that indicates he’s a horn dog and trying to hit it off with other women?  

Steven has copped to having sex with not one, but several other women.  He wants Alina to be "pure". But I'm positive that he would "give in to temptation" on the regular if he was staying in the hostel. 

He really is a dick to put Alina on her own in an apartment down the street while he gets his rocks off at the fun and quirky hostel, which is lively and chockablock with a variety of young international travelers. Maybe not a red flag, but a tiny scarlet pennant, that he is controlling and wants to keep her "in her place". So in a few years when he wants a sister wife she will be properly docile and submissive. I can't stand him. 

20 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Although there has been speculation that perhaps SteVen is on the spectrum, after watching this episode I think that SteVen has a severe case of wanting attention (which Alina even referenced [he likes to be the center of attention]).  I doubt he would have jumped in the pool if the camera hadn't been there.  I think Alina is already regretting her decision-I also think it was enticing to have this grand romance AND be on t.v. but the reality is just starting to sink in.

And yes, this. Steven is just a young arrogant attention hog who thinks he's so SPONTANEOUS! and FUN! and UNINHIBITED! (remember Paris Patrick? Yeah, like him)

And @Scarlett45

I am not going to be too hard in Kenneth and his daughter (and their tears). The pandemic has brought up a lot of emotions for people- especially those separated from loved ones. And some people just cry A LOT. 

I have no beef with easy tears, (I love Keith on the Pottery Throwdown!). But Kenny's tears often feel manipulative to me. And Cassidy's? Her constant dissolving into sobs just strikes me as a way to get attention (as a triplet I'm sure they all had their own unique methods). That cry-off at the dinner table was so horribly uncomfortable. You'd think they'd try to control themselves out of consideration for their hosts.  

• Love 15
On 9/20/2021 at 4:39 PM, ezzy4 said:

Idk.  I suspect he was hoping to land an American sugar mommy, and Jenny sort of fit that bill (just barely).  Jenny was swept up in the fantasy of a foreign hansome man sweeping in as her protector/savior and if you try really hard Submit sort of gits that storyline (just barely).

This ^^^ His Michael Jones call center catfish stunt HAD to have been tried on dozens of women before Jenny. He finally got one- AND he is on TV with her! That's the jackpot for Sumit, her small trust fund (how he views Soc. Security) and he's a tv star.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
58 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That's the jackpot for Sumit, her small trust fund (how he views Soc. Security) and he's a tv star.

I wonder if they are famous in India? and everything that goes along with being famous.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Steven is just a young arrogant attention hog who thinks he's so SPONTANEOUS! and FUN! and UNINHIBITED! (remember Paris Patrick? Yeah, like him)

^^^^^100%^^^^^  Kinda reminds me of Big Ed and how wacky he wants people to think he is.  Wacky people don't tell people they are wacky.  

17 hours ago, KateHearts said:

How many commercials and shows do we see where women insult and embarrass their (supposed) significant others for kicks? Think the commercial where the dumb husband changes the baby diaper on the kitchen counter (as wife discovers with rolling eyes) or the scene here where Evelyn gleefully watches and snickers as her sisters humiliate her husband? It's really awful and tiresome.

I hate that "storyline" as well, and won't buy from companies that do use that angle.

Whoever said upthread that Steven is looks greasy and dirty was spot on.  I want him to bathe for like an hour and steam clean his face to clean it out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 9/19/2021 at 10:56 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I just watched the whole thing.  Fast forwarded through a lot.  Jenny gave me a hearty laugh when she told her son oops I mean Sumit that when she makes up her mind to do something, she does it!

I ff through most of Corey and Evelin but she and her sisters are cruel and degrading towards Corey. 

Steven, you are weird.

Bini and company:  don't care.

Kenny and Armando I ff through as I am positive it is all for show.

Sumit's parents show up next week!!! 

I thought the exact same thing - Jenny was having to teach her son how to get things done.  Sumit's merely traded one set of parents for a single mother, getting involved with Jenny.  I wonder if he likes being told what to do so that he never has to make any decisions or take any actions.  Clearly, it peeves Jenny that he's so non-functional, but not enough to dump his lying ass.  Two losers who truly deserve each other.

I always thought Evelin was absolutely awful, but her sisters are even more awful, to the umpteenth degree of awfulness.  Those creepy smiles on both of their ugly a** faces when they tricked/forced Corey into eating that bull penis was unsettling.  I could easily see them slipping arsenic into a drink and enjoying watching him die just as much.  That is one cold family.  Evelin remains mean as a snake in my opinion, but now not only is Corey contending with her but also her nasty sisters that he's so desperate to receive the approval of.  There's absolutely nothing spectacular about Evelin that I can comprehend why Corey's always been so desperate to be with her, and so willing to degrade himself and kowtow to her entire family for.  Not that he's any prize either, but he's definitely better than them.  Sadly, though, I DO have to agree with them about his having cheated on Evelin while he was MARRIED to her.  You're NOT EVER on a "break" when you're married, until you're actually legally separated and/or actually divorced.  He really did eff up with doing that.

Steven is a freak.  An annoying freak.  A pathetic freak.  An attention-seaking freak.  Alina really is the adult in that relationship.

Can't stand Ari, and by extension Bini, et al.

Kenny and Armando are, IMO, just filler for the show.  There's nothing to dislike about them, and nothing so great that they're worthy of being on this show.  I am not at all entertained by any of their scenes, which is why I watch this dreck to begin with - to be entertained.

I also absolutely abhor Ellie and her pathetic chasing down of Victor.  She becomes more and more annoying each episode.  What I said about her in episode 1 is still true, only now tenfold - she's a melodramatic drama queen who gets off on the fantasy of her being the star of a soap opera/romance novel - risking her life to travel to an island that's just been devastated by a category 5 hurricane so that she can reunite with the cheating love of her life.  I loathe and do NOT pity this woman at all.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - she deserves everything that's coming her way.  I don't know how Victor can stand to be with her.  I was wondering if all those clothes she as buying were for his sister and her family.  If so, we have another Michigan Stephanie on our hands.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 14
On 9/19/2021 at 1:07 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Sumit’s parents are going to be a breath of fresh air. It’s only week 4 and I’ve already had it with these idiots.

I can't wait for Sumit's parents' arrival on the show.  I'm living for that the same way I was living for the Christmas smackdown with Asuelo's sister Tammy and mother at Kalani's parents' house.  That gave me life, much the same as I'm sure this will re Sumit and Jenny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 9/19/2021 at 8:03 PM, Adeejay said:

If you ask me, Cory might have been better off with "Jenny".  Evelin delights in humiliating Cory and he just sits there like a big lump and take it.  The nerve of that woman to complain that he cheated on her, when word on the street is that she is the town's bicycle. I would bet good money that when she heard that he was with another woman in Peru, she lured him back,  After all, she can't afford to lose her meal ticket.  

I think Bini and Evelin's sisters need to be put in their place.  Too bad Cory and Ari aren't up to the task.   

Don't forget Bini's sisters also.  They too could do with some place putting.😈

• Love 3
On 9/19/2021 at 9:18 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Corey with a cock in his mouth is like cuckold porn.

It was very candid for Arie to vocalize her life philosophy — “work is overrated.”

As Ari was stating her life philosophy, as you so aptly put it, about work being overrated, I totally had visions in my head of her with a cartoon bubble caption above her head, envisioning her parents dropping different denominations of cash out of the sky and into lazy Ari and unambitious Bini's laps as they're both lounging around their fancy Ethiopian home doing nothing - not even caring for baby Avi, who's in the hands of the lovely caretaker.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Jenny was having to teach her son how to get things done. 

It reminded me about teaching my sons to be adults, starting when they were teens.  They are (almost) fully independent  One is 22, one is 24.  And no I never had to nag them.  FYI;  They don't scam or lie to the ladies.

6 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

As Ari was stating her life philosophy, as you so aptly put it, about work being overrated, I totally had visions in my head of her with a cartoon bubble caption above her head, envisioning her parents dropping different denominations of cash out of the sky and into lazy Ari and unambitious Bini's laps as they're both lounging around their fancy Ethiopian home doing nothing - not even caring for baby Avi, who's in the hands of the lovely caretaker.

Reminds me of the Finnish girl - "I am not that into working."

• Love 6
On 9/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, Adeejay said:

That was Bini's highly opiniated sister.  Her real name is hard to remember, so they call her "Wish".  Her Royal Bitchiness would never lower herself to work as Ari's nanny.  Perish the thought.  

They call her Wish because they Wish they could remember her real name.

• LOL 12
On 9/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, magemaud said:

So, if Ari, Bini, and Leandro went to Bini’s sister’s house for the Buhe holiday and Mimi the nanny was there (since it’s been confirmed she’s also a sister) WHERE WAS BABY AVI?

I kept saying how much she resembled Bini.  Didn't know she was another sister.  Thanks for that info.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I wonder too, Bollywood is bigger than Hollywood.  I think there is some social cachet for Sumit that he seeks to be in the "industry" and esp American TV. 

Do we think that Sumit and Jenny are considered a power couple and are going to all the A list cocktail parties and Walmart openings in India, lol?  Do they get recognized or is that they are often followed by film crews and people are wondering who are they and what are they doing.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 9/20/2021 at 6:46 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Evelin is awful. Plus one here on a 90 day crossover of Ellie and Corey as a couple. Ellie laying on closed mouth pecks on Victor at the airport said it all. Ellie and Corey are a match made in Pacific NW heaven.  Also, did Corey put his fatty soup meat in Peruvian Jenny while Evilin and C were technically married? 

Hurricane ravaged sweaty Victor doing the Nestea Plunge on a clean hotel bed grossed me out. Shower up, man in the unlimited hot h20!

Steven seems to have won the lottery on being a little neurodiverse (not a bad thing!) WITH the heavy seasoning of religious control from "Stepdad Bob" (there's the story, people) and his mother. Neurodiversity and possible impulsivity plus religious repression then a sprinkle of defiance of not being able to act on said impulsivity means SteVen can't walk by that pool without diving in. He CAN and no one is telling him he can't. It might be his only chance. That is what drives him. YMMV. 

Ari clinging to her ex (is he even her ex husband yet?) at the airport. She is NOT well. Have we seen her hold her own baby even one time yet? Nanny always has him.  When she was in the van she said "everyone loves that guy" (Avi). Third person. The nanny is to watch Ari. Ari 10000% wants her life back in simpler times with Leandro.

I LOL when Bini said "buh bye" to Leandro in the interview. Cute. 

Jenny and Sumit: FF

I'm just amazed that Ari's still there in Ethiopia with Bini and her baby, given how she couldn't get away from Leandro fast enough so she could continue to travel the world while he studied for his doctorate.  She does not, IMO, have what it takes to be either a wife or a mother.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

She does not, IMO, have what it takes to be either a wife or a mother.

I agree and she's not being either. Despite not having a job outside the house, she is not Avi's primary caretaker. She's got the nanny for that. And although they aren't married yet, she's not being much of a partner at all to Bini by inviting her ex-husband to visit and stay in their house, being giddy and elated when interacting with Leandro, making inappropriate comments to Leandro in front of Bini like "see Leandro, this all could have been yours." 

Ari certainly wasn't much of a wife to Leandro when she decided to travel and just never come back to the marriage. Who does that? 

Lort, I despite this chick!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 9/20/2021 at 8:16 AM, MrBuhBye said:

I thought when Ellie showered she gave the impression that the shower had cold water.  She said she wouldn’t need caffeine after that.

Leandro seems like the catch of the century on paper and in person, but we all know that by virtue of his having being with Ari BY CHOICE, then something somewhere has to be wrong with him, because no perfectly sane, normal man would be with a lazy, manipulative, unattractive pig snout face like her if he were completely in his right mind.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:19 AM, steff13 said:

My affinity for Leander (?) is growing.  What did he ever see in Ari?  

I meant to post this comment here.  Sorry for the wrong response location, MRBUHBYE: 

Leandro seems like the catch of the century on paper and in person, but we all know that by virtue of his having being with Ari BY CHOICE, then something somewhere has to be wrong with him, because no perfectly sane, normal man would be with a lazy, manipulative, unattractive pig snout face like her if he were completely in his right mind.

1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

I kept saying how much she resembled Bini.  Didn't know she was another sister.  Thanks for that info.

there is some speculation here that Sister Mimi and Nanny Mimi, while facially resembling each other, are two different people. For one thing, I remember the nanny as being "slight" while his sister is on the heavier side. To add to the confusion, on the couple's page, there's a picture of the nanny where Avi refers to her as "Tsion," which is also Bini's butt bongo partner/ex girlfriend's name and they don't resemble each other at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2021 at 8:25 AM, Breedom said:

I was appalled at the humiliation scene with Corey during the soup scene. Corey is so easy going, but there is a time when one needs to stand up for themselves and that time is NOW. Evilyn, just sitting there with that smug look on her face, letting her sisters berate him like that. The sisters are vultures who have found their victim and were going full-force with their bullying. Corey, why are you even answering their questions? They are not married to you, what you have or haven't done is no business of theirs. YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO RESPOND TO THEIR QUESTIONS. They will continue to walk all over you unless you stand up for yourself. You are alone in this family, your wife will never support you. Oh, I almost forgot one sister saying she will "kill him" if he hurts her sister. OMG. Are you kidding me? Who does she think she is? These people are nutcases.

I wonder if the sisters are lashing out at Corey out of jealousy that Evelin landed an American who has given her so much money as well as paid for clothing for her and them, because didn't we see in their first season that right before she flew back to Ecuador she went on a shopping spree with Corey's money for clothing for herself and everyone back in Ecuador (or if not that she bought things, then she coerced him into giving her a significant sum of money to take back with her)?  He also paid for that first red junker car that Evelin bought, and I'm fairly certain he's also paid for their current, upgrade of an automobile, as well as everything to do with their businesses).

• Love 6

Ari is still with Bini and in Ethiopia because she has it made there. Truly. She doesn't have to work because Mom and Dad are surely sending them $. She doesn't care for her own baby 'cause again, Mom and Dad have paid someone to do that too. Also, as someone who doesn't speak the language there is a lot less pressure on her to find a job. She also knows how Bini desperately doesn't want to lose another kid to the USA, so she can push him around and watch him jump at her every whim. 

If she comes back to NJ, yes, I am sure her parents would continue to support her. At least for now, while that baby is small and not in school. But there would be SOME expectation for her to do SOMETHING because what on earth would they brag to their friends about if she is just loafing around? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Legend has it that there is a document called "The Green Card" which has great powers.  Apparently, people from other countries have lost and are willing to risk their lives for it.  So, I can well imagine that marrying an unattractive woman/man for said card would be highly appealing. 

And for the last time:  Nanny Mimi and Sister Mimi are two different people.  One is slim and the other is stout.  One seems pleasant and the other is a bitch.  One has a lot to say and the other doesn't speak.  Guess which one is which.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2021 at 9:51 AM, Pondlass1 said:

I still don’t get the Jenny and Submit thing. Even after all this time I don’t get it. What does she see in him? He’s deceitful, he lies, he’s certainly no prize and it’s clear he’s never ever going to marry her. And what does he see in her? She looks every bit her age, she’s no sugar mommy as she has no money. So what do they do all day? Neither one works.  Do they just hang around the house TLC is proving for filming?  They don’t seem overly affectionate with one another. He’s outright lying to her and she’s not bothered by the humiliation  apparently. 
I’m sure India is beautiful but they appear to be living in a run down unsavoury area and must be locked into their TLC home with iron gates. And surviving a pandemic seems less likely in India than in the US. I’d be on the first flight home if I were Jenny.  Submit is a lost cause. 
Maybe the sex is extra good? 🤔

Talk about settling for less than you probably ideally want.  Jenny looks much, much, much older than her supposed age.  She has not aged well.  Her face is all lumpy and out of proportion.  Her neck and Bassett Hound jowls sag down to her thighs.  Her thight sag down to her toes.  Her hair is thin, stringy and greasy.  She looks like she never or only very rarely ever bathes.  Her eyes are very pretty, but they're always concealed by her foggy, dirty eyeglasses that she's always having to futz with a la Coltee.  She does dress cutely though.  She doesn't, however, have a very good body.  We've all seen many women her age or even older that are in better shape and much more physically attractive than she is.

Then we have Sumit.  Ordinary, homely, plain little ogre that he is (compared to "Michael Jones", who he was supposed to be).  He's a deceitful, lying liar who lies.  He's lazy.  He's not intelligent or witty.  He has no money of his own.  He has the baggage of parents and a culture that will never accept Jenny as a suitable wife for him (and I agree with the parents as well as his culture in this case).  I'd say he has no ambition, but he does seem to muster up enough ambition for getting to Jenny's small stockpile of money.  He's incapable of doing the smallest things on his own, and treats Jenny as much like a parent as his girlfriend, relying on her for everything.

Color me confused when Jenny always purports to find the REAL Sumit more attractive than his alter-ego, "Michael Jones".  That's what she says to save face as regards settling for the lying liar who lies.

The sex would have to be really off the charts, as these two have nothing else going for them

They are both two of the biggest losers on this franchise, and that couldn't make me happier as I relish the entertainment they provide by being exactly who they are.

2 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Talk about settling for less than you probably ideally want.  Jenny looks much, much, much older than her supposed age.  She has not aged well.  Her face is all lumpy and out of proportion.  Her neck and Bassett Hound jowls sag down to her thighs.  Her thighs sag down to her toes.  Her hair is thin, stringy and greasy.  She looks like she never or only very rarely ever bathes.  Her eyes are very pretty, but they're always concealed by her foggy, dirty eyeglasses that she's always having to futz with a la Coltee.  She does dress cutely though.  She doesn't, however, have a very good body.  We've all seen many women her age or even older that are in better shape and much more physically attractive than she is.

Then we have Sumit.  Ordinary, homely, plain little ogre that he is (compared to "Michael Jones", who he was supposed to be).  He's a deceitful, lying liar who lies.  He's lazy.  He's not intelligent or witty.  He has no money of his own.  He has the baggage of parents and a culture that will never accept Jenny as a suitable wife for him (and I agree with the parents as well as his culture in this case).  I'd say he has no ambition, but he does seem to muster up enough ambition for getting to Jenny's small stockpile of money.  He's incapable of doing the smallest things on his own, and treats Jenny as much like a parent as his girlfriend, relying on her for everything.

Color me confused when Jenny always purports to find the REAL Sumit more attractive than his alter-ego, "Michael Jones".  That's what she says to save face as regards settling for the lying liar who lies.

The sex would have to be really off the charts, as these two have nothing else going for them

They are both two of the biggest losers on this franchise, and that couldn't make me happier as I relish the entertainment they provide by being exactly who they are.

Edited by Xebug67
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 9/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Cini said:

So, the official in uniform who Sumit and Jenny went to regarding the passport - He just sat in an empty office at an empty desk. No pencil, no paper, no computer, no phone ...What does he do? Tell Sumit that yes, he can have a new passport. Sumit didn't fill out an application or anything.

Maybe he's also on Sumit's payroll along with the astrologer and the "lawyer".😈

On 9/20/2021 at 10:37 AM, Mondrianyone said:

I think it's pretty obvious that all these functionaries--the lawyer, the astrologer, the passport official, the travel agent on the phone, and whatever others we've seen Sumit consulting--are either friends of his or people that TLC hired to play the parts. What person doing a real job does it in an empty room with an empty desk? They never check any reference books ('cause there aren't any) or dispense any paperwork. The "travel agent" answered his business phone, "Hello?" I wish he'd said, "Hello, this is the Sumit's Friend Travel Agency, how may I fake-disappoint you?"

Or how about, "May I deal you blow after blow after blow?"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm honestly triggered by Steven. I know a friend who went to a high school that was 25% Mormon with a morning seminary class offered (this was a public school BTW which I find so wrong) for the Mormon students and there were guys like him hiding under the abstinence and sexual urges for being gross and predatory to women. I feel so bad for Alina. I want her to wake up and go back home to Russia and stay away from that creep.

When Steven showed how cool the hostel is by showing a pair of shoes hanging over some wires….I don’t know if that’s universal, but here in the U.S. that means someone died there or there is gang activity.

Steven wants an open relationship? Seriously? With that personality?? Buddy, you should really be happy with just one woman.

I love how he brought out his scriptures to read to her like a bedtime story, so romantic. When he pulls out his 10 inch uncut Mormon Bible. 💦💦💦💦 He is flip flopping on his Mormon values and picking the ones that convenience him. It's tough to watch.

The thing that was most confusing to me is why would you jump in a pool RIGHT after taking a shower?!

He is a walking red flag. He gives me the creeps. Just bad vibes, man. He is like Brandon in reverse. I'm so glad that Alina understands that he should be able to control himself, it’s his responsibility, not hers. I hope she escapes him.

Evelin and her sisters are straight up evil. Yeah, Corey’s an idiot but Evelin has no room to act so superior. She acts like she’s the queen of Ecuador. Try being a queen without Corey’s money.

Also, Corey is a wimpy pushover. “You eat that dick all the way to the end of that freakin’ plate.” Back up, what 😮🙊😳? Corey just acted like it was nothing for her to say that.

His only friend there is the guy that banged Evelin. It’s so frustrating watching their segment.

Dripping Ari in holy water to see if it fixes her is a pretty logical step. I’m surprised we didn’t try this earlier.

Ellie actually spent 135 dollars on those clothes at the store. The show got both the amount of pesos and the dollar conversion wrong.

Did you guys tear up when Armando’s dad hugged him? I love Kenny and Armando.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Also, Corey is a wimpy pushover. “You eat that dick all the way to the end of that freakin’ plate.” Back up, what 😮🙊😳? Corey just acted like it was nothing for her to say that.

Jeez, I missed that. I would have no respect for my guy if he didn't stand up for himself if someone said that to him. If he didn't say something, I certainly would have blown MY top. Corey, what are you so afraid of? You hold all the cards - and you should pull that money card away from Ms. Evil.

Their story bores me to tears! Someone said it was filler stuff, and they are right on the money. I usually mute their segment, go get a snack, iron my clothes, kiss the dog, catch up on reading - anything other than listening to their nothingness. Nice guys, but how is their story worthy of a TV show?

• Love 7
On 9/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, Adeejay said:

One seems pleasant and the other is a bitch.  One has a lot to say and the other doesn't speak.  Guess which one is which.  

Actually, Bini's other sister, Wish, is the bitchier opinionated one. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
On 9/20/2021 at 6:09 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t see why Steven’s explanation for staying at a hostel is suspicious. It makes sense if he’s truly into staying celibate until marriage.  I realize he’s had sex previously.  Did I miss something that indicates he’s a horn dog and trying to hit it off with other women?  Years ago, hostels were free or very low cost. That’s why it makes sense, if your low on cash.  I’d be concerned with covid though.  Seems it would be very risky sleeping around strangers who are traveling the world.  For that reason, I’d not tolerate the hostel stay. 

His asking Alina if he can date other women is kind of a big red flag for his horniness.  Maybe he's a fundamentalist Mormon and wants to practice polygamy.  Don't mind me.  I've watched too many episodes of "Big Love".

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I don’t know if that’s universal, but here in the U.S. that means someone died there or there is gang activity.

Really? I never heard that. I just thought it was something kids do on a dare but with the price of sneakers nowadays, I'd be pissed if my kid threw them over a telephone line. 

When he pulls out his 10 inch uncut Mormon Bible.

you had me going there for a minute

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Talk about settling for less than you probably ideally want.  Jenny looks much, much, much older than her supposed age.  She has not aged well.  Her face is all lumpy and out of proportion.  Her neck and Bassett Hound jowls sag down to her thighs.  Her thight sag down to her toes.  Her hair is thin, stringy and greasy.  She looks like she never or only very rarely ever bathes.  Her eyes are very pretty, but they're always concealed by her foggy, dirty eyeglasses that she's always having to futz with a la Coltee.  She does dress cutely though.  She doesn't, however, have a very good body.  We've all seen many women her age or even older that are in better shape and much more physically attractive than she is.

I agree about this. I also think her hair would be really nice if she took better care of it.

This made me curious, so I checked, and as I suspected, procedures are much more affordable there. An RF microneedling treatment in India costs around $200 US (10,000-25,000 rupees) vs. about $800 here. An old-fashioned facelift is about $2,800-$3,500 vs. $10,000-$15,000 in America. I don't think every woman is obligated to "fix" their looks by any means, but if I were living with a much younger man in a country with very few fair-skinned people (so less... understanding? for how our skin ages so visibly), where these procedures are much cheaper but seem to be fairly safe, I'd go for it! Jenny appears to have a ton of sun damage, probably from living for decades in Palm Springs and not being militant about the SPF. She could have also been a smoker, which would make the wrinkling and sagging so much worse. She definitely has smoker energy.

I also would not spend a second trying navigate the crowded streets of India in glasses, because the lack of peripheral vision makes me feel disoriented, and they'd probably get dirty so fast. When people always wear glasses, I assume they can't wear contacts or else they would! 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

She definitely has smoker energy.

Per Jenny:  I respectfully disagree.  She has zero energy, except for whipping that chair across the room!

15 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

He is a walking red flag. He gives me the creeps. Just bad vibes, man. He is like Brandon in reverse. I'm so glad that Alina understands that he should be able to control himself, it’s his responsibility, not hers. I hope she escapes him

That is such a true and sad statement:  not breaks up but escapes!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 9/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, Breedom said:

Jenny, just make the decision to move on and commit to it. Summit is not the guy for you. I don't see any passion between the two of you or any deep love from his side. He only creates problems for you. His idea of communication is to look apathetic and stare into space. He isn't fighting for you. You know he will never go against his parents to marry you. It's time to accept it and go back to the US where new opportunities will await. Your life is not over if you leave Summit.

Loser Jenny will never go back to having zero celebrity at all as no-list Jenny.  She'd much rather remain Z-list Jenny.  She will never ever again be content to meet up with the girls at Applebee's for drinks and gossip.  She's above that now that she's tasted her Z-list celebrity and been on TV for so long.  She also will never be able to readjust to sleeping on her daughter's couch after having lived in that posh home all this time (sarcasm intended).

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:
On 9/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, Breedom said:

Jenny, just make the decision to move on and commit to it. Summit is not the guy for you. I don't see any passion between the two of you or any deep love from his side. He only creates problems for you. His idea of communication is to look apathetic and stare into space. He isn't fighting for you. You know he will never go against his parents to marry you. It's time to accept it and go back to the US where new opportunities will await. Your life is not over if you leave Summit.

Loser Jenny will never go back to having zero celebrity at all as no-list Jenny.  She'd much rather remain Z-list Jenny.  She will never ever again be content to meet up with the girls at Applebee's for drinks and gossip.  She's above that now that she's tasted her Z-list celebrity and been on TV for so long.  She also will never be able to readjust to sleeping on her daughter's couch after having lived in that posh home all this time (sarcasm intended).

She has said it herself - she has nothing to go back to.  Here she has a home, rather than sleeping on her daughter's couch.  She has both her Social Security and her income from this show (I am only guessing it is cheaper to live in India, at least where they live).  If she truly does love Sumit, at least she can live with him even if he doesn't marry her.

The marry-me drama is created drama for the sake of the show.  We are only allowed to see such a tiny fraction of what their lives are like; the rest of the time they may be perfectly comfortable.  After all, how many years have they been together?  I doubt it is all about shouting and flinging chairs about.

• Love 5
On 9/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, Breedom said:

I wonder what Bini sees in Ari. What does she offer? She seems to just ghost around the apartment all day with no interests, meaningful conversations, humor or affection.

Being linked to Bini, he is her ticket to being thought of as being exotic and adventurous. But with Leandro, he's got the ambition and education that she could link onto. Weird mindset. I actually like Bini. Maybe he wants a free ride, but maybe not. He seems low-key, kind and very respectful. He does seem to love her.

I couldn't agree more with what you said.  100% Ari brings ZERO to the table (except for having been the vessel that carried Avi.

• Love 5
On 9/22/2021 at 6:12 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Steven has copped to having sex with not one, but several other women.  He wants Alina to be "pure". But I'm positive that he would "give in to temptation" on the regular if he was staying in the hostel. 

He really is a dick to put Alina on her own in an apartment down the street while he gets his rocks off at the fun and quirky hostel, which is lively and chockablock with a variety of young international travelers. Maybe not a red flag, but a tiny scarlet pennant, that he is controlling and wants to keep her "in her place". So in a few years when he wants a sister wife she will be properly docile and submissive. I can't stand him. 

And yes, this. Steven is just a young arrogant attention hog who thinks he's so SPONTANEOUS! and FUN! and UNINHIBITED! (remember Paris Patrick? Yeah, like him)

And @Scarlett45

I have no beef with easy tears, (I love Keith on the Pottery Throwdown!). But Kenny's tears often feel manipulative to me. And Cassidy's? Her constant dissolving into sobs just strikes me as a way to get attention (as a triplet I'm sure they all had their own unique methods). That cry-off at the dinner table was so horribly uncomfortable. You'd think they'd try to control themselves out of consideration for their hosts.  

That crying throughout the meal at the table was absolutely ridiculous.  Have some consideration for your hosts.  It's not like Armando's family have seen him and their granddaughter/niece any more often than Kenny's family back in Florida have seen them, yet you don't see them acting all cuckoo.  That's oh so clearly definitely been her go-to behavior for purposes of garnering attention throughout her life, and me thinks she got away with it all too often. 

• Love 9
On 9/22/2021 at 8:56 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

It reminded me about teaching my sons to be adults, starting when they were teens.  They are (almost) fully independent  One is 22, one is 24.  And no I never had to nag them.  FYI;  They don't scam or lie to the ladies.

Reminds me of the Finnish girl - "I am not that into working."

But you didn't sleep with your sons the way Jenny's sleeping with her's, Sumit, LOL.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, Rebky said:

They call her Wish because they Wish they could remember her real name.

I thought you were going to say it was because they wished they could FORGET her and her real name, LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I'm honestly triggered by Steven. I know a friend who went to a high school that was 25% Mormon with a morning seminary class offered (this was a public school BTW which I find so wrong) for the Mormon students and there were guys like him hiding under the abstinence and sexual urges for being gross and predatory to women. I feel so bad for Alina. I want her to wake up and go back home to Russia and stay away from that creep.

When Steven showed how cool the hostel is by showing a pair of shoes hanging over some wires….I don’t know if that’s universal, but here in the U.S. that means someone died there or there is gang activity.

Steven wants an open relationship? Seriously? With that personality?? Buddy, you should really be happy with just one woman.

I love how he brought out his scriptures to read to her like a bedtime story, so romantic. When he pulls out his 10 inch uncut Mormon Bible. 💦💦💦💦 He is flip flopping on his Mormon values and picking the ones that convenience him. It's tough to watch.

The thing that was most confusing to me is why would you jump in a pool RIGHT after taking a shower?!

He is a walking red flag. He gives me the creeps. Just bad vibes, man. He is like Brandon in reverse. I'm so glad that Alina understands that he should be able to control himself, it’s his responsibility, not hers. I hope she escapes him.

Evelin and her sisters are straight up evil. Yeah, Corey’s an idiot but Evelin has no room to act so superior. She acts like she’s the queen of Ecuador. Try being a queen without Corey’s money.

His only friend there is the guy that banged Evelin. It’s so frustrating watching their segment.

Dripping Ari in holy water to see if it fixes her is a pretty logical step. I’m surprised we didn’t try this earlier.

Ellie actually spent 135 dollars on those clothes at the store. The show got both the amount of pesos and the dollar conversion wrong.

My mind was completely in the gutter when you said, "When he pulls out his 10 inch uncut...".  I'm sure it's fairly obvious where my mind in finishing that sentence, LOL.

Steven does unnerve me, though.  He could be a a future Geoffrey.  Alina seems too innocent to be with him and his messed up mindset.

I totally cried like a baby when Armando and his dad were hugging it out.  I was sad when they finally had to physically separate.  I was so happy for Armando and also Armando's family for that lovefest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2021 at 7:46 PM, Xebug67 said:

His asking Alina if he can date other women is kind of a big red flag for his horniness. 

SteVen has traveled in Europe more than once and has probably found that a coed hostel is a good place to have casual sex after he leaves Alina locked up alone in her apartment. It’s his way to keep her pure before marriage so she can be baptized but he can get laid. I think Alina is starting to have second thoughts due to all the red flags because she says things in her THs about him not acting normal, that sometimes he does things that scare her, and when he can’t control his impulses he tries to make that her fault somehow. 

I’ll be curious to see if he takes the bait when her friend flirts with him. He is just so creepy and weird and gives off a really predatory vibe. Run, Alina! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
On 9/22/2021 at 2:59 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

+1 

Waiting to tell Alina something that he knows will upset her (his lack of virginity) until she's away from home in Turkey is gross and creepy.

• Love 6