Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Family & Friends & Feelings, Oh My!

• Start Topic

From the subtle comments (Johnny says "We'll talk about this later") and other comments that have been made indicate to me that Bao and Johnny have two different relationships.  The on-camera relationship is where they try to talk reasonably about their issues and off-camera, they are big time fighting.  

Spoiler

Johnny has said on Unfiltered that he has not spent one night in the apartment with Bao, so the scenes where they spend quality time in bed is so much BS.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Michaela showed her angry side when she left the Keys, and she showed it when Zack returned to Houston. I think she felt somehow "cheated" of her due, of her time with a man she's attracted to, of romance.

Then she simply saw red 🤬 when she couldn't get in touch with Zack, like, why wasn't he missing her enough to stay close? WTH WAS HE?! YOU DON'T LOVE ME! And Good-night, Irene. 

At this point, I would say that only Brett and Ryan will stay together. Zack, Gil, and Johnny will choose divorce, as will Rachel and possibly Myrla. IMO; I don't read Spoilers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Michaela's dress at the housewarming 😍 However, I could NEVER wear something sleeveless in a 67 degree apartment!! ☃️image.png.c9a70cd32bd2dce985fd12a745d48471.png

38 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

At this point, I would say that only Brett and Ryan will stay together. Zack, Gil, and Johnny will choose divorce, as will Rachel and possibly Myrla. IMO; I don't read Spoilers. 

I think it will be hilarious if Gil & Myrla are the only couple who will survive!! I don't read spoilers either, but I'm guessing none of them will.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Gil and Myrlas’ party.  The subject of her not adjusting her lifestyle came  up. The film crew asked her if she would adjust her lifestyle.  She said no.  
That’s  just not a realistic answer. She has no understanding of finances in a marriage. Unless the person with the higher income is wealthy enough  to support the spouse, and any kids that arrive, etc. at the higher  income persons lifestyle level…. There will be changes to their lifestyle. 
You don’t let your lower income spouse sit home while you go eat at a fancy restaurant because they can’t pay their share.  You don’t take fancy vacations and leave your spouse home because they can’t pay  half. You don’t buy red bottom shoes and send your kids to school barefoot because your spouse can’t  afford to buy the kids shoes. Homes, furniture  and maintenance on those homes are more expensive than renting.  What if Gil is the one to reduce his work schedule for the kids? Shouid he then wear Walmart clothing while she wears designer? 
Myrla is going to have to accept that she will be contributing more money to the expenses than Gil will… or they will divorce.  Once she starts contributing the needed amount of money to maintain her desired  lifestyle For Both of them, her disposable income will drop and she will have  to adjust her spending to match.   His friends knew this at the party. She didn’t listen. 

Jose, for being so conservative ( cheap) about money, at least recognizes that some of his money will go to support Rachel and any kids that will come along. Sadly though, he’s not willing to adjust his life style either. He expects Rachel to do all the adjusting. 

I just don’t get this whole money thing at all.  If they fall in love and stay together, they have one account.  If she has kids and stays home, he’s the sole provider.  Everything is 50/50.  A stay at home Mom is an expensive job in itself.  He will be the sole provider.  She knows her lifestyle will have to change.  Kids are expensive.  That’s if they stay together, which I don’t know about that.  I didn’t hear Gil sends money to his Mother.  That’s very admirable.  I don’t think Myrla is as bad as she seems.  She knows things will have to change.  ( I’m repeating myself up there while making breakfast and typing).  Half awake.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t think Myrla is as bad as she seems.

I don't either. I think she's playing it up (wouldn't be shocked if it was producer-driven) & she & Gil are having some fun with it.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The dog’s name is Bo and he is adorable but he needs some training and a lot of exercise. A tired puppy is a good puppy…

He DEFINITELY needs alot of training.

Edited by karenbrady
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, flaky said:

Damn! I don't even know where to begin with Johnny 😖 . I was actually cool with Johnny finally having some self-awareness regarding his unrealistic expectations in a marriage but I think it was selfish of him to dump all that on Bao and then say 'Let's sleep on it' . He truly is dismissive of her feelings because how do you not give someone a chance to at least react to a bombshell like that?

If he is this overwhelmed at this point, he is not ready for marriage. 

Some of the husbands need to learn a thing or two about oversharing. Gil with the Divorce; Jose with the effing whiteboard. I have never felt such second hand embarrassment like why? 

Even his step mother in law had to advice Rachel against the stupid joint account idea (I'm ok with joint accounts for couples if both parties are down with it but definitely not a control freak like Jose)

The real loser in this ep was we the viewers Because this is week 2 for the couples and we are on episode 8....talk about dragging shit out!!!

Gil with the divorce???  What do you mean?

6 hours ago, endure said:

I think Johnny gets stuck in his head too, more than likely he has OCD or some mental health issue.  He is really lucky to have someone like Bao, she seems kind and patient.

Johnny seems to think marriage is a death sentence.  He needs more time being single.  To me, she seems like the perfect wife.  Marriage is no picnic.  It’s the hardest job there is, but has great rewards.  Some people are better off alone tho.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Michaela showed her angry side when she left the Keys, and she showed it when Zack returned to Houston. I think she felt somehow "cheated" of her due, of her time with a man she's attracted to, of romance.

Then she simply saw red 🤬 when she couldn't get in touch with Zack, like, why wasn't he missing her enough to stay close? WTH WAS HE?! YOU DON'T LOVE ME! And Good-night, Irene. 

Michaela is two people .. fun/ dangerous.  She needs therapy and meds.  He sees it and doesn’t want it, and I don’t blame him.  I wouldn’t sleep there either.  Yikes!

• Love 12
11 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Was Gil not privy to Myrla's financial records, and might they not include her CC info?

If anything, Myrla has been honest to a fault, considering the scorn her comments and possessions have engendered, regarding her money habits

And if Myrla has CC debt, which I doubt, that's currently not any of Gil's  beeswax! Now, if they stay married, that might become a topic of discussion. 

Myrla's debt, if any, is very much Gil's business. They are married at this time, which could impact his decision to stay married.

Bobby certainly knew of Danielle's $15,000 of credit card debt before they decided to stay married.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Myrla's debt, if any, is very much Gil's business. They are married at this time, which could impact his decision to stay married.

Bobby certainly knew of Danielle's $15,000 of credit card debt before they decided to stay married.

Debts, savings/assets, and I think most importantly, approaches to money (how much do we save for emergencies, retirement, what’s our slush fund, what’s our “anything over this amount requires discussion” amount, etc.) should all be laid bare. I couldn’t be with someone who could afford to save but did not. Jose is annoying and a saver to what appears to be an extreme degree, but he’s right that financial issues are one of the leading causes of divorce. Money matters.

I thought Gil being shocked that Myrla spent $350 a month on groceries was weird. that’s not excessive to me. $150 every three weeks, which is what he said he spends, is very lean. I guess he eats at the firehouse when he’s working, but still - he was like “$350?!” and I was like “So?” That’s less than $90 a week.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

If she has kids and stays home, he’s the sole provider.  Everything is 50/50.  A stay at home Mom is an expensive job in itself.  He will be the sole provider.

I doubt very much that Myrla would want to stay home; someone as motivated by money as she says she is tends not to want to relinquish earning it, even for a shorter amount of time (e.g. 3 years until the kid starts preschool). I don’t judge her for this at all, by the way - staying home isn’t for me either. And it generally makes more financial sense for the lower earning parent to stay home, which is Gil, but he loves his job so I don’t see that for him either - which is fine!

I assume Gil’s savings account is in Colombia because his mother accesses it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I assume Gil’s savings account is in Colombia because his mother accesses it?

Makes sense, I couldn't hear what he said when he talked about money "over there."

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Men do not think, they act.  Women think things through.  Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.  The bantering doesn’t seem to bother her.  She does what she wants.

Could we put to bed these men do this, women do that factoids? Everyone is different.

What stuck out to me was the moment Gil rolled up in Myrla to stop and say how. That was the perfect sweet moment for nice kiss on the lips. She walks up to him and....strokes his arm. 

Everyone has the right to go at their own pace but this just looks so silly. We ain't talking French kissing or intercourse here.

Johnny looked like he wanted to vomit during 80 percent of this episode.

Gil joking around isn't bad in general. But, not everything about her spending habits needs to be a set up for a whole routine.

Rachel is someone who needs to be looked at, not Myrla. She is saving and buying what she can afford. 

Rachel is like, whatever. I'm living life. What is savings? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Good points. I was just thinking of Myrla's not carrying CC debt from month to month, but I didn't extend that to when Myrla and Gil would be fully committed to their marriage and mutual financial situation. 

Racj82, Haha! Now I can't unsee Gil as a stand-up comedian! "My wife, I'll tell ya, I can't believe how much she spends." "How much does she spend, Gil?" "Why, she spends so much that...." 😁

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

What stuck out to me was the moment Gil rolled up in Myrla to stop and say how. That was the perfect sweet moment for nice kiss on the lips. She walks up to him and....strokes his arm.

There used to be a term for women like Myrla - F-R-I-G-I-D.  According to her friend at the party, he has NEVER seen her show any PDA with anyone.  RED FLAG right there!  I'm pretty introverted myself and I can manage a kiss for someone I care about.  This girl has intimacy issues, big time. 

Poor Zack, has anxiety just walking into the apartment. 

Oh, and can we discuss the apartments?  Quite nice, IMHO!  The views are spectacular.

I stand by my original assessment, NONE of these couples stay together.

• Love 6

So turns out Myrla has a good savings account and pays off her debt every month.  And Gil has money he can't access (did he say b/c it goes straight into a 401k?  I'm all for putting in the max but if you have no savings to access when you need it, you probably need to reevaluate your spending levels or whether you can't max out the contributions just yet)

So if Myrla really is squared away financially, then she can spend her disposable income no matter how she wants.  I mean, I still don't understand spending 1K on shoes with a red sole just so everyone knows you spent a lot, but if she's paying her bills and is saving, more power to her.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 7

I can't believe we have 6 more weeks of them realizing that no one fits. (No spoilers - just observation and come on!!!) I felt so sorry for Zack that he was afraid of the crazy that he was matched with. And we haven't even seen the explosions they have shown on the previews! For her to keep saying that she didn't know he would be upset if she cancelled the party and expecting that to be good enough - did she ask? I am sure she didn't and was just her angry, spontaneous self. I know that many of you have stated that you enjoy watching the failures. I don't when the people are so obviously broken and need a lot of help.

Mylra wears her 'no kissing' badge and is never going to lose it. She may say nice things and was sweet to her new mil, but she almost always has that smirk. I still don't like her, but she likes herself enough for both of us. Hype looked so sad. He wants his dad back.

When creepy Jose brought out his stupid whiteboard at the party, I was done! Who does that??? Rachel actually looked pretty, but she is miserable.  She just wants to be married - at any cost. 

I am glad that Johnny started to come to grips with the fact that HE is the problem and that, yes, he has screwed up Bao's life with his immaturity. I get the impression from their "tender kisses" that maybe they consummated their marriage, but we'll see next week.

For crying out loud, Brett, buy a damn brassiere! She looked pretty (face), but the sweater was ridiculous. Does she go to work that way? Surely there are dress codes. Isn't she a teacher? No way would that be allowed in a school. She is very smitten and I hope she isn't devastated. Ryan keeps giving her hope, but I hope he is really trying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I can't believe we have 6 more weeks of them realizing that no one fits. (No spoilers - just observation and come on!!!) I felt so sorry for Zack that he was afraid of the crazy that he was matched with. And we haven't even seen the explosions they have shown on the previews! For her to keep saying that she didn't know he would be upset if she cancelled the party and expecting that to be good enough - did she ask? I am sure she didn't and was just her angry, spontaneous self. I know that many of you have stated that you enjoy watching the failures. I don't when the people are so obviously broken and need a lot of help.

I also got the impression that she puts on the waterworks with the tears whenever she blows up at someone, thinking they'll cave and feel sorry for her.  I'm glad Zack isn't falling for that and it looks like he's had enough.  I just want him to survive until Decision Day because I'm not joking when I say Michaela could be dangerous.  She needs help.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
20 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I think Johnny thinks he is a lot hotter than he actually is.  He thinks he could do a lot better than Bao.  I think Bao is a bit of a nerd and he has no interest in her or anything she says.   

Agreed.

I actually dislike him more than any of them.  I don't think he's that great looking and I'm not seeing this engaging personality either just smiles.  Not to mention, he sure does love to talk about his glory years in college where he seems stuck.  

I don't fault him for not being attracted to Bao.  But bitch, if you aren't attracted to her why are you complaining that she's not kissing you passionately? 

The thing is both of them could put their expectations to the side, not push the romance, and just do things in a "get to know each other" way.  Go out on dates, take the pressure off.  This is what I thought Bao was doing.  She's not trying to jump his bones.  She's not being pushy.  She's trying to let it grow naturally. 

He seems really petty, really immature, and not nearly as hot as he thinks he is.

I hope she divorces him over the giddy comments. 

5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

For crying out loud, Brett, buy a damn brassiere! She looked pretty (face), but the sweater was ridiculous. Does she go to work that way? Surely there are dress codes. Isn't she a teacher? No way would that be allowed in a school. She is very smitten and I hope she isn't devastated. Ryan keeps giving her hope, but I hope he is really trying.

I think her boobs are her calling card, it's what gets her noticed, it's what males have fixated on since she first sprouted them.

Meanwhile, they are going to be hanging to her knees in 5 years if she doesn't put a bra on them.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

Michaela is a loose cannon. Zack knows it. He must have had a past relationship with a "Michaela" and refused to go down that road again. 

Johnny cries too much. Starting with crying about his dad. Then he puts on this macho party boy image. It doesn't add up. 

Gil is a good looking guy, has a respectable job he loves and a strong work ethic. Gil will never be a millionaire and doesn't care to be but he will live a comfortable life so if that's what Myrla wants she needs to get out of the relationship so Gil can find a lady that is perfectly ok with living a middle class life style. I just don't understand why he hasn't found that on his own. 

I don't think Ryan is attracted to Brett. He has friend zoned her. She sure looked pretty this episode with her straight shiny hair and minimal but just enough makeup. Her wardrobe choices, however......yikes.

Jose is a drag. Rachel wants more spontaneous fun. Ain't gonna work. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Myrla looks sickly. I'm not a make-up girl either but after a certain age you need to do a little sumtin-sumtin.

This really grates because I don't think any female babies emerge from the womb thinking, "I hope nobody sees me before I have a chance to put on some lipstick and a little mascara."  So where does that come from? 

People don't ever say about a man, "He looks sickly.  He needs to do a little sumtin-sumtin, especially at his age." 

My problem with Myrla's looks is that she has those eyelashes that look unnatural, which creates a mismatch when she doesn't have a face full of makeup to go with them.  That mismatch is jarring to me.  And her skin texture is kind of slick, like it's the product of facials or dermabrasion or whatever, which also looks unnatural to me. 

10 hours ago, endure said:

Myrla owns her shit and she is one of the most confident women I’ve seen on this show. 

Interesting.  I wonder if that factors into people's harsh judgments. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

I recall Michaela saying at the bachelorette party that she's being her authentic self, but turn around and says she not wanting to share the info on her marriage with the others ladies.   I also remember her saying to the camera that Myrla need to open the F up with the process.   Hypocrite.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Racj82, Haha! Now I can't unsee Gil as a stand-up comedian! "My wife, I'll tell ya, I can't believe how much she spends." "How much does she spend, Gil?" "Why, she spends so much that...." 😁

"Boy I tell you! Women be spending! 

"Let me tell you about my wife." I asked her how much she spends on shoes. She said like five thousand. I almost had a stroke. What are those shoes gonna make you fly? Do they transform into something?"

"Women be spending"

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, shannew said:

I recall Michaela saying at the bachelorette party that she's being her authentic self, but turn around and says she not wanting to share the info on her marriage with the others ladies.   I also remember her saying to the camera that Myrla need to open the F up with the process.   Hypocrite.

Michaela's friends at the party didn't seem to know how bad her temper is, maybe she hides that side of her from her woman-friends.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I also got the impression that she puts on the waterworks with the tears whenever she blows up at someone, thinking they'll cave and feel sorry for her.  I'm glad Zack isn't falling for that and it looks like he's had enough.  I just want him to survive until Decision Day because I'm not joking when I say Michaela could be dangerous.  She needs help.   

I’m calling it right now. Michaela has a borderline personality disorder. Generally, people who have personality disorders don’t think they have a problem and don’t seek help; it’s the people around them who end up seeking help because they cannot deal with the disordered person. Zack realizes that Michaela has emotional problems and that’s not what he signed up for. Her sisters know she has a problem but make it a “cute” thing, referring to her as a hurricane/tornado/I cant remember. A real expert would not have been fooled by how Michaela presented herself at the interviews prior to being chosen for this shitshow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Michaela’s friend doesn’t really know her at all.  Level- headed? 

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Michaela's friend going on about her being the most level headed person - seriously?  Obviously she only knows her in a very limited way or she was paid to say that.  There is no way anyone that has seen Michaela deal with anything relationship related wouldn't have seen the crazy come out in her.  If they asked her family that question and they were honest they probably would have gotten a completely different answer.I

I seriously kept asking my husband, “wait, whose friend is she?” because it didn’t seem like she actually knew either of them. 

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

It’s a bad situation. Even if she doesn’t have a personality disorder (and she probably does), she’s maddening to talk to. She kept apologizing and he wasn’t asking for an apology. He wanted to address the behavior, not make her beg for forgiveness. I could not be less invested in this couple. We barely saw them for a few episodes, other than previous that hinted they would be another Chris and Page. Lifetime cannot possibility expect me to care about another sacrificial trainwreck match. 

I’m so over the experts. I don’t even remember Cal being on this episode. Then they take a minute away from the guys’ conversation, which was actually interesting, to have Viviana read some cliched, obvious pablum from a script that could apply to any show about relationships. If I needed that level of insight, I’d follow stupider accounts on Instagram.

As usual, Pepper collects a check for existing. Fine with me, since if she were there she’d just call Myrla and Brett “cold” and applaud Johnny for the same behavior. Replace her with R2D2 in a wig and put that money toward weddings in a room that hasn’t also held a pharmaceutical vendor fair. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Fortunately (or actually, unfortunately), Zach has been in toxic relationships before, so he sees the red flags and is acknowledging them for what they really are.  So glad he isn't going to put up with it again, even if it is for tv.  Run, Zach!  And Michaela, you run too--to therapy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My problem with Myrla's looks is that she has those eyelashes that look unnatural, which creates a mismatch when she doesn't have a face full of makeup to go with them.  That mismatch is jarring to me.  And her skin texture is kind of slick, like it's the product of facials or dermabrasion or whatever, which also looks unnatural to me. 

My 19 year old daughter had her lashes done and they looked so much more natural.  To me, Myrla's look no different than gluing on cheap lashes from Walmart.  Daughter didn't continue to have them done b/c they fall out, require a lot of maintenance.  It's easier to just use regular falsies.

I think Myrla also has a lot of dermal fillers which are giving her that shiny look.

She's a beautiful girl, but I find the lashes don't enhance her natural beauty -- they detract.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, kristen111 said:

It’s only been over a week and she’s a wreck.  He’s very nervous around her already and doesn’t even want to be in her presence.  She doesn’t go with the flow and everything bothers her.  She has to lighten up.  He doesn’t want this.

I was thinking that Michaela's "mood swings" might be part of a mental health condition that needs ongoing and continuing treatment that might include medication. 

Of course, she would first have to ACKNOWLEDGE that she needs professional help and then actively pursue treatment and, if prescribed medication, she would actually have to take it each day.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think those are some of the nicest apartments I've seen on this show.

Wow. The views and high ceilings.

And I don't think they even showed the name of place, have they? Doesn't that always happen?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, buttersister said:

It’s possible that with enough therapy, Johnny can pass through his long time pathetic phase. I have no such optimism about Jose.

ETA: Zach decided he didn’t want to sleep with one eye open. Don’t blame him. Watching her on Unfiltered, ew.

Johnny’s feelings are exactly how I would feel too if I agreed to marry a stranger . But .. I wouldn’t marry a stranger 🤷🏼‍♀️
To sign up for this madness , you need to have a Gil , laid back personality or it’s just not gonna work . Season after season there are both men and women who are disgusted at first sight or with the others hygiene or personality etc .and can’t come back from it after one miniature argument .. my question is WHY sign up to be married to a stranger if you are so damn picky ? 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Debts, savings/assets, and I think most importantly, approaches to money (how much do we save for emergencies, retirement, what’s our slush fund, what’s our “anything over this amount requires discussion” amount, etc.) should all be laid bare. I couldn’t be with someone who could afford to save but did not. Jose is annoying and a saver to what appears to be an extreme degree, but he’s right that financial issues are one of the leading causes of divorce. Money matters.

I thought Gil being shocked that Myrla spent $350 a month on groceries was weird. that’s not excessive to me. $150 every three weeks, which is what he said he spends, is very lean. I guess he eats at the firehouse when he’s working, but still - he was like “$350?!” and I was like “So?” That’s less than $90 a week.

Mryla is looking old in some scenes. Beauty does fade. Gil is a hunk and a heck of a nice guy.   I don’t  ‘understand money over there’. What does that mean?

Ryan is strange. He gives no indication he likes or dislikes Brett.    He’s just there. 

Johnny used to be fun Johnny. Now he’s got a little responsibility he’s winey Johnny!

Jose needs counseling bad. Poor Rachael. Such a sweet gal. 

39 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Johnny’s feelings are exactly how I would feel too if I agreed to marry a stranger . But .. I wouldn’t marry a stranger 🤷🏼‍♀️
To sign up for this madness , you need to have a Gil , laid back personality or it’s just not gonna work . Season after season there are both men and women who are disgusted at first sight or with the others hygiene or personality etc .and can’t come back from it after one miniature argument .. my question is WHY sign up to be married to a stranger if you are so damn picky ? 

It’s their last chance, last hope in finding a spouse. Their desperate and lucky us we get to see why they haven’t been taken!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

Zack keeps saying he’s had confrontational women in the past and it’s a red flag .. maybe the red flag is that you run away at the slightest bit of confrontation ? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

He's not the one who packed his bags and "moved out" when she got mad that he took the dog to day care.  

ETA: Even his friends defined his past relationships as toxic.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I have next to no hope that Michaela and Zach will continue the marriage. Even if they decide to stay together on decision day, I am betting they divorce eventually. She has too much to work out in her life and Zach is too immature. She needs a more experienced man. He's very nice, but still impatient and unrealistic.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, TheBride said:

I have next to no hope that Michaela and Zach will continue the marriage. Even if they decide to stay together on decision day, I am betting they divorce eventually. She has too much to work out in her life and Zach is too immature. She needs a more experienced man. He's very nice, but still impatient and unrealistic.

See, when it comes to conflict I think he’s more mature than she is. Tantrums are immature. Like, I do think Zach is immature but I think he could make a great husband with a bit more time. Of the two of them, I think Michaela has more work to do. I don’t think I realized she left the apartment over their fight until this episode and I was reminded of something one of the friends said last season - “you left over that?!”

I think Michaela needs someone who tells her point blank that she can’t yell at him or speak to him any type of way. She’s “Hurricane Kay” because nobody has called her on her shit. Zach was starting to do that and I hope he continues. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I know that many of you have stated that you enjoy watching the failures. I don't when the people are so obviously broken and need a lot of help.

@Retired at last I feel the same way. It's why I stopped watching 90DF. At least on that show, the people picked each other. I just couldn't stomach it because some of them had kids who are at the mercy of their stupid parent who hooked up with a local on vacation. Those selfish people are messing up not just their own lives but innocent kids who have no choice.

Now this show infuriates me because some are sincere, but they are being matched with people who would be better served by therapy and/or some medical intervention. I do not get any entertainment from seeing these people fucked over by the production company. And I know they signed a contract and if they were smart, they should be aware this is a possibility, but they are legally bound to these assholes. And it just feels like the crazies have been dialed up to eleven the last few seasons. I really wish they would at least try to vet these people better and match some of them for success, but I think we have reached the point of no return in the life cycle of this show........

• Love 8

I don't understand why Johnny would think anything is going to turn out differently when HE immediately reverted to type and jumped on the very first deal breaker possible - instead of following the 'experts' (and I use the term very loosely) advice and actually try to change his own behaviors and/or mindset. Either that, or he needs to get a female-version clone of himself so he can continue to hide in his tiny cocoon. They were the one couple of all that I had real hopes for.

FWIW, my dry skin does not permit a full shower everyday - the water sluicing over me does a real number on my natural body oils and I end up scratching relentlessly. So, I make do with a few full showers during the week, supplemented by daily sponge baths. Until you have walked a week in my skin, please don't judge.

Is it my imagination, or during the matching process did one or all 'experts' remark about maybe getting a '5 for 5' season? I think they have succeeded - they just didn't mean five divorces.

Missed Couples Cam this week, so am waiting for the rerun to come up....with the exception of JOtis, I enjoy most of the couples enormously - even desperate-for-a-story-line-Jamie/Beth. They're all still the type of success story match-ups this show was supposed to be all about. And Baby Declan is just too cute for words! And to think I was among those yelling "Run, Greg, Run!" right up to and including decision day. Whoddathunkit?

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

See, when it comes to conflict I think he’s more mature than she is. Tantrums are immature. Like, I do think Zach is immature but I think he could make a great husband with a bit more time. Of the two of them, I think Michaela has more work to do. I don’t think I realized she left the apartment over their fight until this episode and I was reminded of something one of the friends said last season - “you left over that?!”

I think Michaela needs someone who tells her point blank that she can’t yell at him or speak to him any type of way. She’s “Hurricane Kay” because nobody has called her on her shit. Zach was starting to do that and I hope he continues. 

I agree with that. She is too explosive and that's immature.

I like Gil a lot. He's down to earth and smart.