Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: September 6, 2021

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

It seems that this happens on this show. People go on the show in order to " fall in love" and get engaged to someone they are already in a relationship with.

Not everyone does it but there have definitely been some people who were hanging out before the show that come on and then "date" on the show. It's part of why Blake got himself into such a mess because he'd apparently spent time with Hannah G. but then it came out that there were the previous hook ups with Kristina and Caelynn. And it's not surprising based on how many of these Bachelor people hang out. 

That said, where things seem to go left for these two is that because Brendan's come off as such an ass and Pieper such a bad liar, it does make it seem as if they plotted to do this. And that's where they're gonna get dragged by Bachelor Nation on social media. Because the other people were able to convincingly (even if may have been bullshit) pretend that they were "just hanging out" and so there was no label and that they really did come on the show open to the process. 

These two are making it seem like they worked out a whole plan to pretend to fall in love on the show when they were already in a relationship, just for the benefits that come from being a BIP couple. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

It sounds like they were living together. But do we know where they were living? Did he move to her hometown but then was hoping she’d move to Chicago? Or did they both move someplace different (like to LA or something) and then he hoped she would move to Chicago? Because if he moved for her first, okay, I might give him a pass, but if he’s just saying he expected HER to move and then is blaming her for not moving, then that’s f’ed up because he’s just as “guilty” there by not being willing to move to her hometown.

is she from LA, or is she there to become famous<gag>. sounds like he is not willing to live anywhere near Chicago and thats it--not a bad thing , but not sure what her deal is if she still not willing to move. I didnt get out of her conversation that she wanted to date others but hopefully she does .

20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Oh. My. God. They’re literally talking about their number of followers and getting their names in Us Weekly. I really hope their numbers are dropping fast in real time!

I really hope people dont forget this, how awful they were to natasha. sad.

• Love 6

I am not condoning Brendan and Pieper's behavior, however in all fairness, most of these people show up to Paradise with a list of people they’d already been in contact with or would like to get to know better.  Heck, by the time Blake arrived in Paradise couple years ago, he’d already slept with two of the women.  When Natasha saw the other couples kissing and canoodling, she said that she was jealous because her relationship with Brendan lacked intimacy. That should have been a sign that he wasn’t really interested in her and was just whiling away the time.  As for wanting followers and clout, I hardly believe Becca and Demi are there just because they thought it would be fun. 

• Love 7

Is it just me or did Joe seem way too happy talking about how awkward his predicament was?  We've seen Mopey Joe when he's not getting what he wants, and the smiling/laughing while talking about Kendall/Serena was not that guy.

I'm in the minority in that I've always liked Kendall a lot more than I like Joe so I hope she meets someone else and isn't stuck on him the whole time.

I was laughing thinking about PIEper and Brendan's follower numbers dropping at an escalating rate while their conversation went on.  Way to be complete idiots and destroy whatever social media cred you were trying to build.

If we stop talking about Demi, will she finally go away?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Geez what a couple of a$$holes. They really thought they were clever but it’s all going to backfire. Bummer because I liked both of them before. I think everyone knows that instagram followers are an incentive to be on this show, but Brendan and Pieper are just coming off like shameless fame whores. 

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Geez what a couple of a$$holes. They really thought they were clever but it’s all going to backfire. Bummer because I liked both of them before. I think everyone knows that instagram followers are an incentive to be on this show, but Brendan and Pieper are just coming off like shameless fame whores. 

Brendan said his relationship with pieper was "super casual, we hung out a few times." Then she shows up, and she asks why he's acting like they're not in a relationship. He confirms that she's his girlfriend and he was waiting for her to show up, using Natasha to stay in Paradise. 

Do they understand that their whole discussion is on tv? And everyone can see what a jerk he is?

• Love 16
2 hours ago, alexa said:

Yes, she conveniently forgot the original problems, and then is all of the sudden remembering her part and that she never wants to move.  I mean, to be fair, a couple might have to move one day, and she has to be with someone she would be willing to do that for.

I don't know much about Joe and Kendall but if, at the beginning of their relationship, Kendall straight out said that she didn't want to move/leave LA, I don't think there's anything wrong with holding firm to that. Sometimes couples do move but many others choose a location and stick with it.  It's not like Joe had a job he just needed to be in Chicago over. He decided he was miserable in LA.  She knew she'd be miserable outside of LA--or at least in Chicago.  And that made them fundamentally incompatible.

And I think it's entitled of Joe to be upset she wouldn't move to Chicago just because he moved to LA if he knew from day 1 her feelings on the matter.

1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Omg what a jerk. He was with Natasha because she wouldn’t have any better prospects! Wow!!!

Yeah.  That was a very low statement on his part.

58 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Is Pieper just too dumb to lie, or did they truly not plan this out? It’s like watching a murderer confess on the stand. And Brendan saying Natasha had no other prospects! Wow! Well, they just went from “fan favorites” to this season’s villains real fast! They should just leave this show before they dig their graves any deeper. 

They probably didn't think they needed to come up with a cover story or that they'd face so much scrutiny. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

don't know much about Joe and Kendall but if, at the beginning of their relationship, Kendall straight out said that she didn't want to move/leave LA, I don't think there's anything wrong with holding firm to that. Sometimes couples do move but many others choose a location and stick with it.  It's not like Joe had a job he just needed to be in Chicago over. He decided he was miserable in LA.  She knew she'd be miserable outside of LA--or at least in Chicago.  And that made them fundamentally incompatible.

And I think it's entitled of Joe to be upset she wouldn't move to Chicago just because he moved to LA if he knew from day 1 her feelings on the matter.

I think you are missing my point.  They are incompatible for this reason, and at first she was acting like they had no problems.  Then the problem came up and they were back at square one.  That is fine if she never wants to move, but one day if she is married to someone she might have to for some reason.  Jobs, family, other life reasons…that is all I was saying.  Whether it is Joe or someone else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Okay I already don’t remember….was there a host this week? I don’t recall anyone greeting Pieper when she came to the beach, and there was no rose ceremony, so I truly don’t know.

I liked Brendan so much when he was a contestant. I think he’s cute and I THOUGHT he was humble and sincere. What a jerk he is, and Pieper too. It’s awesome that the show aired their conversation about followers and publicity. I hope it backfires completely and that they are embarrassed in front of their families.

The absolute nerve of Brendan to sit there and tell Natasha he doesn’t have the “gift” of being a manipulative liar. I think she’s pretty and well-meaning and I  hope she finds someone who appreciates her.

I didn’t like Kendall before and I don’t like her now. The logistical problem isn’t going away and I think she should have let Joe have an uncomplicated relationship without her marching back in.

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Okay I already don’t remember….was there a host this week? I don’t recall anyone greeting Pieper when she came to the beach, and there was no rose ceremony, so I truly don’t know.

Nope.  After the credits, there's usually a "special guest star" tag where they introduce the guest host.  That wasn't in this episode.

35 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I liked Brendan so much when he was a contestant. I think he’s cute and I THOUGHT he was humble and sincere.

I never expected him to be as much of an ass as he was in this episode but I always felt out-of-step with the Brendan love.  There's something satisfying watching someone push for more and expose themselves.

• Love 6

I hate to defend Kendall, but she works in the entertainment industry - as a set decorator or production assistant or something like that - so it would be very difficult for her to find jobs outside of LA. Based on her hometown date on Arie's season, her family (including her twin sister) is in LA as well and she grew up there, so she's not just there to find fame. I don't think there's anything wrong with someone stating their dealbreakers at the start of a relationship, which it sounds like Kendall did. Joe was apparently open to living in LA at first, but then changed his mind. That sort of thing happens all the time, people end up wanting different things, but that doesn't make either of them "wrong." What is wrong IMO is to continue beating this dead horse on national television, but I also think that Joe knew it was going to happen and went along with it. There was no way TPTB would have him on the show again without trying to get maximum drama out of him.

Brendan is one of those people who come across well only when they don't say much. He was smart enough to do that on Tayshia's season, but apparently thought that by now he would be so popular that Bachelor Nation will still like him even if he lets out his inner jerk. He really overplayed his hand.

Many of you have already said how pathetic Demi is, and I completely agree, but I'd like to point out that Mari is pathetic as well. She wanted to keep her options open when Kenny didn't have other women interested in him, but after he slept with Demi the same night that he and Mari broke up, then went on a date with Tia the following day, Mari suddenly rediscovered her "feelings" for him. No self-respecting woman would want anything to do with a man who's slept with a trash bag like Demi.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Demi obviously uses sex to get what she wants.  Kenny turning her down is a shock to her.  

And remember that they've already had sex, so Kenny knew exactly what he was turning down. Methinks that like a lot of people (male or female) who use sex to get what they want from near-strangers, Demi's actual bedroom skills are nothing to write home about.

7 hours ago, alexa said:

Paradise isn’t that great.

I've read accounts from former BiP contestants who say the actual resort (Playa Escondida) is pretty dumpy, especially the parts they don't show on TV. The producers remove the TVs and disable the AC units in the rooms so they're hot, boring and unpleasant, forcing everyone out onto the beach. So you're stuck on this crappy beach with no TV or Internet, away from your friends and family, forced to interact 24/7 with a bunch of vapid famewhores. No wonder some people say "F this" and leave early.

6 hours ago, alexa said:

Thankfully twitterverse is very much not loving this couple or their actions.  The attention they do get will not be that of love or admiration.

No doubt they'll blame the editing. (eyeroll)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Well that certainly was different, Brendon and Piper talking about follower numbers and all the influencer money they think they're going to have right out in the open!  I  understand that roofing is hard, dangerous work and who wouldn't rather make lots of money sitting home posting pictures of yourself on Instagram,  but never did anyone play the fame whore game so poorly.  Everyone hates you guys now, you idiots!  "Not one person was interested in, Natasha."  You cad, Brendon. 

Brendon has a nice body and from the nose up he looks a little like Tom Hanks in "Forrest Gump," so we sort of liked and trusted him. Now we know he is as insincere as Forrest was true.  Piper looked young, fresh and pretty, but now that we know she's devious and mean, we notice the little beady eyes.   See how quickly public opinion changes?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I am not condoning Brendan and Pieper's behavior, however in all fairness, most of these people show up to Paradise with a list of people they’d already been in contact with or would like to get to know better.  Heck, by the time Blake arrived in Paradise couple years ago, he’d already slept with two of the women.  When Natasha saw the other couples kissing and canoodling, she said that she was jealous because her relationship with Brendan lacked intimacy. That should have been a sign that he wasn’t really interested in her and was just whiling away the time.  As for wanting followers and clout, I hardly believe Becca and Demi are there just because they thought it would be fun. 

Yes but it was very obvious they had a plan. Both of them are nasty people and maybe I’m a different person than most , the idea that my boyfriend was making out and cuddling with other women would be horrifying to me . Both of them giggling about it , knowing they hurt people , sorry not nice .

1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Well that certainly was different, Brendon and Piper talking about follower numbers and all the influencer money they think they're going to have right out in the open!  I  understand that roofing is hard, dangerous work and who wouldn't rather make lots of money sitting home posting pictures of yourself on Instagram,  but never did anyone play the fame whore game so poorly.  Everyone hates you guys now, you idiots!  "Not one person was interested in, Natasha."  You cad, Brendon. 

Brendon has a nice body and from the nose up he looks a little like Tom Hanks in "Forrest Gump," so we sort of liked and trusted him. Now we know he is as insincere as Forrest was true.  Piper looked young, fresh and pretty, but now that we know she's devious and mean, we notice the little beady eyes.   See how quickly public opinion changes?

She is very pretty, but to laugh knowing you hurt another person like that — ugh.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I liked the scene where the subtitles indicated Brendan touched/scratched his microphone.    I thought that was to indicate he’d forgotten he was being recorded.  I’ll bet they do make US magazine, but not the way they hoped   

As for Natasha having “no other options”, well considering she thought she was in a relationship, she didn’t go looking.  

As has been said before upthread, the vast majority/all come to Paradise with the thought of increasing their social media followers at least one of their considerations but they haven’t been stupid enough to talk about it on screen.  LIkewise admitting they were in a relationship before coming on the show unless they get found out like Blake.  .   Hopefully Brendan gets burned the worst for stringing along Natasha, and now that the men have the roses, she may have no options. 

eta.  I posted a link in the media thread.  Updated… Brendan is down to 319k followers and Pieper has  lost ”several thousand”.  
Eta  he is now below 310k

1DBBC820-20E8-49DF-BC6D-99656C8708C6.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 8

I think Joe felt like a small fish in a big pond in LA. Kendall was established there, they lived together for over a year. He went home for Christmas, came back and broke up with her.  I think she was blindsided.  They had just adopted a dog and Joe bolted.

I think he had easier professional contacts in Chicago, but, he always seems lonely on his Instagram. Only since he’s been on the show has he shown himself out with people again.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I liked the scene where the subtitles indicated Brendan touched/scratched his microphone.    I thought that was to indicate he’d forgotten he was being recorded.  I’ll bet they do make US magazine, but not the way they hoped   

As for Natasha having “no other options”, well considering she thought she was in a relationship, she didn’t go looking.  

As has been said before upthread, the vast majority/all come to Paradise with the thought of increasing their social media followers at least one of their considerations but they haven’t been stupid enough to talk about it on screen.  LIkewise admitting they were in a relationship before coming on the show unless they get found out like Blake.  .   Hopefully Brendan gets burned the worst for stringing along Natasha, and now that the men have the roses, she may have no options. 

eta.  I posted a link in the media thread.  Updated… Brendan is down to 319k followers and Pieper has  lost ”several thousand”.  

1DBBC820-20E8-49DF-BC6D-99656C8708C6.jpeg

Yeah, the camera was peering at them through the plants, so you can tell that Brendan and Pieper thought they were having a private conversation. You’d think that “scratches microphone” would indicate that it dawned on him they’re being recorded, but he just doubled down on Us Weekly headlines and increasing their followers!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

My favourite part of Natasha's talk with Brendan was when he accused her of having "selective hearing" she laughed in his face. She didn't cry, or get angry, or get catty. She laughed at the childish liar in his face and came across like a Queen. She will do just fine!  

Yes!  And he looked so shocked and hurt.  Evidently he's one who can dish it out but can't take it.  He must be crying right now to see his devoted followers jumping ship.

As for Joe and Kendall I think it's good that they know themselves well enough to know they can't be happy away from their families or whatever, but when I was young and in love I would have moved to Calcutta if it meant being with him. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I think Joe felt like a small fish in a big pond in LA. Kendall was established there, they lived together for over a year. He went home for Christmas, came back and broke up with her.  I think she was blindsided.  They had just adopted a dog and Joe bolted.

I think he had easier professional contacts in Chicago, but, he always seems lonely on his Instagram. Only since he’s been on the show has he shown himself out with people again.

There was also a family issue for Joe. His brother got into trouble, Joe might have felt the pull to be around family.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, phlebas said:

...and of course here comes the conspiracy theories that Natasha was in on it because she and Pieper were apparently seen together before filming.

I dunno... Occam's Razor cuts that all to pieces.

So Pieper and Natasha are friends? If they were together in the 2 months before filming, then she would know her friend was dating Brendan and flying out to see each other, etc. UNLESS it was some Bachelor Family group event that they might travel in the same circles but not be a confidante—and especially since it sounds like B&P were trying to keep their relationship under wraps. I’m not sure whether Natasha truly “didn’t have any other prospects,” but if she didn’t, then I can see why it was mutually beneficial to keep each other on as friends until Pieper came on for Brendan and/or anyone came on for Natasha. Even when Natasha was trying to force the romance with Brendan, he gave her like one quick peck to shut her up. There definitely wasn’t some great romance blooming there. Natasha knew this and knew about the Pieper rumors since Day 2, so that’s really on her that she decided to give her rose to Brendan instead of one of the other single guys.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Natasha knew this and knew about the Pieper rumors since Day 2, so that’s really on her that she decided to give her rose to Brendan instead of one of the other single guys.

She ASKED him about the rumors that he and pieper were a couple. He said they hung out a couple of times, and described it as "super casual."  She fell for his lies.  Did Natasha have other prospects? Of course she did. There might not have been anyone she had a prior crush on or relationship with, but if she had not been pursuing a relationship with Brendan,  she would have spent time getting to know the other guys. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 17

I've loved Natasha since she was on Peter's season.  She's not only beautiful, she's spunky and funny and wasn't shy about calling out Peter's juvenile behavior.  I also think she's smart.  She picked up on Brendan's weird behavior right away, but he was just convincing enough to appease her.  And if she saw him with Tayshia, he came across as a slow mover, so there's that too.   Brendan was cruelly insulting to her and, if some of those guys have a brain, one of them will scoop her up over the classless ditzes and drama queens.

• Love 21

Now people on Instagram are calling for Natasha to be the next (or next after next) Bachelorette.  B. Nation loves a woman who's been wronged.  That's how Becca got her stint, which must be running low now, which would explain why she's on crab island reminding everyone who she is.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, the camera was peering at them through the plants, so you can tell that Brendan and Pieper thought they were having a private conversation. You’d think that “scratches microphone” would indicate that it dawned on him they’re being recorded, but he just doubled down on Us Weekly headlines and increasing their followers!

That’s true, but they knew they were being filmed on their “first date,” when they were sitting at the table discussing their relationship. Yet Brendan went on to discuss how he had to create a certain “narrative” in order to last until Pieper arrived, and Pieper said “thanks for playing the game,” with the two of them in mustache-twirling mode. They knew that would be televised; I can’t imagine how they thought this would be received by their fans.

I’m old and don’t have Instagram but I do understand that X amount of followers translates into commercial opportunities. I sincerely hope that whichever entities pay them for endorsements or whatever will hastily withdraw all offers now.

I know they aren’t the first to have killed time and tried to last until someone they had a crush on appeared on BIP. This was a different order of magnitude, though. Just Brendan telling Natasha she had “selective hearing,” and claiming it was such a coincidence that Pieper showed up, plus obviously that they were already boyfriend and girlfriend is a heinous way to treat someone and too overtly gaming the show. 

• Love 19

Brendon is your typical asshole, doing what he did to Natasha.

The spelling of 'Pieper" is annoying to me, why can't she just spell it Piper?

I hope Pieper gets swept off her feet by another guy, and when the girls have the roses, Brendon gets neither Natasha's or Pieper's and has to go home. He will probably try to get Natasha to give him hers, but I hope she doesn't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Brendon is your typical asshole, doing what he did to Natasha.

The spelling of 'Pieper" is annoying to me, why can't she just spell it Piper?

I hope Pieper gets swept off her feet by another guy, and when the girls have the roses, Brendon gets neither Natasha's or Pieper's and has to go home. He will probably try to get Natasha to give him hers, but I hope she doesn't.

I think Brendan and Pieper should be made to leave.  I remember one Bachelor contestant made to leave because she allegedly got involved with a producer.  This is much worse, IMO.

• Love 15

Can I put this here or should I move it to the media thread….someone set up a live Instagram follower count for. Brendan.  It is down below 313k now   

https://counts.live/instagram-follower-count/brendanmorais

eta…it refreshes itself every few seconds and it is oddly mesmerizing like watching a really long countdown.   Brendan must be pulling his hair out.   That little stunt totally backfired.  He had a lot of goodwill from Tayshia’s season. He just blew it all.  

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Can I put this here or should I move it to the media thread….someone set up a live Instagram follower count for. Brendan.  It is down below 313k now   

https://counts.live/instagram-follower-count/brendanmorais

eta…it refreshes itself every few seconds and it is oddly mesmerizing like watching a really long countdown.   Brendan must be pulling his hair out.   That little stunt totally backfired.  He had a lot of goodwill from Tayshia’s season. He just blew it all.  

Speaking of Tayshia... is there a word for the feeling you get when a bullet which might have hit you doesn't?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I AM FINALLY WATCHING AND I AM SCREAMING INSIDE OF MY OWN BODY.  Brendan is scum, scum, scum, scum!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times did Brendan say a variation of "No man here was interested in you so what choice did you have but to stick with me, yet another man who has zero interest in you?"  And now he's saying "Why is she even still here?"

I love Natasha.  She called everything out.  She mentioned it all.  I stan this woman now!  I'm so happy that the editors left it all in.  I love Deandra and Maurissa.

Brendan and Piper are SCUM.  The height of arrogance for an established couple to come to BIP and get mad at everyone else for bothering them.  Date off the show.  They are disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what her current man is like but I'm glad Tayshia picked the man she did.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

She ASKED him about the rumors that he and pieper were a couple. He said they hung out a couple of times, and described it as "super casual."  She fell for his lies. 

And in addition to the "we just hung out a couple of times and it was super casual," he also added "And our conversations were never as deep as the ones you and I have." Most women would infer all that as reassurance that their relationship with Brendan was on a deeper level. He's a jerk for lying and then trying to gaslight her. I really hope his follower count drops below the "I can make a living off this" level.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

The nerve of that chinless wonder Brendan for saying, "Natasha had zero prospects, no one was interested in her, I wasn't stopping her from finding someone interested in her".  Brendan really thought Natasha would go down easy, but she ripped him a new asshole and I'm proud of her for not backing down.  I hope Piper and Brendan enjoy their future D- List laxative tea and biotin gummy ad sponsorships.  

What.  An.  Asshole.  I was reeling and reeling and reeling.  It got worse with every minute that passed.

4 hours ago, thejuicer said:

My favourite part of Natasha's talk with Brendan was when he accused her of having "selective hearing" she laughed in his face. She didn't cry, or get angry, or get catty. She laughed at the childish liar in his face and came across like a Queen. She will do just fine!  

I love her

2 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I think Natasha would be a heck of a lot more interesting as Bachelorette than Becca ever was.

Not a high bar, but yeah!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Natasha made a great post on what happened without calling anyone out and being very classy.  (Link in media thread).  And she has gained 70k followers.  Good for her.  

Thank you.  You're helping my heart rate go back to normal.  LOL

• Love 2

I don't want to see Natasha as the next Bachelorette because I'm tired of seeing recycled, butt hurt people from other Bachelor Nation shows.  The same goes for any of the guys wanting to be the next Bachelor.  I want to see new faces on the Bachelor/ette.

• Love 6