Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: September 6, 2021

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't want to see Natasha as the next Bachelorette because I'm tired of seeing recycled, butt hurt people from other Bachelor Nation shows.  The same goes for any of the guys wanting to be the next Bachelor.  I want to see new faces on the Bachelor/ette.

Didn’t they try that with Matt.  I have a feeling that it might be a while until we see another newbie to Bachelor Nation. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Didn’t they try that with Matt.  I have a feeling that it might be a while until we see another newbie to Bachelor Nation. 

I'm just saying that they should try to find newbies because I'm tired of the recyclables. 

• Love 2

Who were the original people who told Natasha about Brendan and Pieper?  

8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Personally I liked Matt a lot

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Who were the original people who told Natasha about Brendan and Pieper?  

Personally I liked Matt a lot

I didn’t dislike him.  I just think he wasn’t prepared for what being the Bachelor would be like or require. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I didn’t dislike him.  I just think he wasn’t prepared for what being the Bachelor would be like or require. 

If you only get people who are "prepared" it's going to be the same type of Bach/Bachettes over and over and over again and not everyone wants to see that.  How is a 24 year old like Hannah Brown prepared, for instance?  She was barely an adult. 

Pieper talks about Serena talking about how many followers she will get.  Does she mean P. or C.?

The editors of this show are so good to show us all of this.  I can't believe how much they admitted. 
- Admitting flat out that they would never be stupid enough to admit that they're in a relationship before getting a free trip to Paradise. 
- Ivan saying that Brendan picked Natasha out for the whole scheme. 
- Brendan asking how dare Natasha stay on the island after his use for her is over and he doesn't need her anymore. 
- Brendan bragging to Pieper that a lot of women pursued him and Pieper apologizing that his time on BIP has been bad until she got there.

I just kept being more and more shocked.  Brendan asking Natasha "Who would you have pursued?  Who?"  Wow.  I just can't believe it!

Brendan got a very, very, very good edit on Tayshia's season.  I don't know why one set of editors did that and another set (?) is doing this.

Also Pieper pronounced privy as "Pervy" lol.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I just kept being more and more shocked.  Brendan asking Natasha "Who would you have pursued?  Who?"  Wow.  I just can't believe it!

Yes, that’s why watching the Brendan Instagram count down is so delightful.  He has now dropped below 309k, so he is now down over 40,000 followers.  And Natasha is up over 70,000.  Karma!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Pieper talks about Serena talking about how many followers she will get.  Does she mean P. or C.?

I think it is C because they are roommates.   

So I’ve been falling asleep the past couple of episodes but man this one kept me awake.  Just layers upon layers of stupidity coupled with astonishing arrogance with Pieper and Brendan.  

Demi makes me sad in how she equates sex with love.  She’s not as confident as she wants herself to think she is.  I know she is annoying AF but I feel a little bad for her.  She has some growing up to do.

Serena P handled the situation with grace.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I AM FINALLY WATCHING AND I AM SCREAMING INSIDE OF MY OWN BODY.  Brendan is scum, scum, scum, scum!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times did Brendan say a variation of "No man here was interested in you so what choice did you have but to stick with me, yet another man who has zero interest in you?"  And now he's saying "Why is she even still here?"

I love Natasha.  She called everything out.  She mentioned it all.  I stan this woman now!  I'm so happy that the editors left it all in.  I love Deandra and Maurissa.

Brendan and Piper are SCUM.  The height of arrogance for an established couple to come to BIP island and get mad at everyone else for bothering them.  Date off the show.  They are disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what her current man is like but I'm glad Tayshia picked the man she did.

Edited to add in Maurissa's name.

5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, that got to me.  He used her, he discarded her, why is she still hanging around?  Like he expected her to have a tearful exit, and then he and Pieper could be the established couple, hanging out with everyone else, as they all forget Natasha ever existed.  

I'm glad Natasha isn't slinking away,  her presence reminds everyone what a complete asshole Brendan is. 

I guess she was supposed to run off and join a nunnery, never to love a man again?

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm glad Natasha isn't slinking away,  her presence reminds everyone what a complete asshole Brendan is. 

I'm glad she's staying, too, but I thought she went on too long talking to Brendan because all he deserved was seeing her ass as she walked away from him.  Now maybe it was producer driven that she talked to Pieper but I didn't see the point of trying to catch her and Brendan in lies because they were clearly a couple, so just leave them alone and meet someone else.   

• Love 2

Think about how horrifying Brendan's thinking is.  He specifically targeted Natasha, he doesn't think she's attractive and would never fall for her, also she would never attract other men, therefore he knew he was always getting a rose from her. Then when he was done with her, he was annoyed with her mere PRESENCE, her merely asking him QUESTIONS, her merely standing up for herself.  Because she should have just turned around and gone home so he could annoy his vacation, stress-free, with Pieper.  

It's beyond unbelievable to me.  

4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm glad she's staying, too, but I thought she went on too long talking to Brendan because all he deserved was seeing her ass as she walked away from him.  Now maybe it was producer driven that she talked to Pieper but I didn't see the point of trying to catch her and Brendan in lies because they were clearly a couple, so just leave them alone and meet someone else.   

Disagree I'm so glad she did all that and I'm so glad the editors left it all in.  It's horrifyingly fascinating to me.  I think Natasha wanted to be sure and hear from the horse's mouth once and for all and I don't blame her one bit!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I’m actually glad she talked to Pieper.  She wasn’t angry or ranting.   She just wanted the truth rather than relying on Brendan’s lies or misinformation or maybe even misjudging him.  I actually thought it was pretty mature of her.   

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Shorty186 said:

Disappointed that Ivan wouldn't say anything about Brendan when Natasha pressed him. Maybe they are good friends, but Ivan your friend is a dick. Don't be one too by being silent.

And now I don't like Serena C. either if she was part of Pieper's whole IG scam.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And now I don't like Serena C. either if she was part of Pieper's whole IG scam.

Glad it's Serena C and not P especially since Joe and Natasha have a podcast together. Although I don't know if that started before BiP.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I disagree - just walking away would mean that it was merely a break-up, like the other break-ups that happen on BiP.   This was different -  he deceived her, lied, was only with her until his GIRLFRIEND showed up, then he dumped Natasha like a used tissue.   She called him out on it - good for her. 

4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I’m actually glad she talked to Pieper.  She wasn’t angry or ranting.   She just wanted the truth rather than relying on Brendan’s lies or misinformation or maybe even misjudging him.  I actually thought it was pretty mature of her.   

I know I didn't have that maturity and confidence at her age.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Can I put this here or should I move it to the media thread….someone set up a live Instagram follower count for. Brendan.  It is down below 313k now   

https://counts.live/instagram-follower-count/brendanmorais

eta…it refreshes itself every few seconds and it is oddly mesmerizing like watching a really long countdown.   Brendan must be pulling his hair out.   That little stunt totally backfired.  He had a lot of goodwill from Tayshia’s season. He just blew it all.  

This is awesome!  Thanks for posting!

Here's the countDOWN for Pieper.  Last night, during the show, she was at 85K.  She's lost 4K since last night, and still going down!

https://counts.live/instagram-follower-count/pieper_james

Brendan was at 329K last night when I checked.  Down to 306K now!  WooHoo!  

A larger pair or jerks I have not witnessed!

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Here's the countDOWN for Pieper.  Last night, during the show, she was at 85K.  She's lost 4K since last night, and still going down!

Thx.  I never thought of checking the others involved.  I just checked Natasha.  She’s gone from 67k to over 200k snd rising. 
https://counts.live/instagram-follower-count/natashaparker

D69D3B3B-DBE0-4D8B-AA74-2B0114F98842.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
28 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

He was at 346K earlier in the evening, so he lost a ton, which was fascinating and fun at the same time. 

• Love 1

I didn't have a problem with Natasha calling Brendan out, but it just went on too long, imo.  The more she went on about it, the more he might think she actually cared about his lyin' ass.    

And I have to say, in the final analysis, it's just a reality show where these people - not just Brendan and Pieper or Peiper or Piper - come on for social media followers and publicity.  I don't believe any of these people are "looking for love" so I don't take them or this show that seriously. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Can you please update periodically?  My old computer cannot provide a secure connection when I click on it.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Can you please update periodically?  My old computer cannot provide a secure connection when I click on it.

I’ll do another update just before the show starts in the east. 
Starting numbers…349k, 87k, 62k.

8C6029D2-B03F-4B0B-8C6E-EA30CBA95903.jpeg

A114F877-5BEE-4DAF-B6A2-91672AA52D09.jpeg

A974F531-0061-403D-BEEC-97BF2663C90A.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

And I have to say, in the final analysis, it's just a reality show where these people - not just Brendan and Pieper or Peiper or Piper - come on for social media followers and publicity.  I don't believe any of these people are "looking for love" so I don't take them or this show that seriously. 

Married couples and children were born out of this show.  It's clearly working for some people.  Even Joe and Kendall had a relationship for a year and a half.  I don't believe that he would simply do that for IG publicity.  Her, I don't know.

All I ask is that you come to the show and not already be in a relationship.  That's not too high bar of a clear to get a free vacation in a beautiful place, meet lots of hot people, and get more social media followers.  It's really not asking much.

Brendan and Pieper not only refused to meet this very low bar but came on and acted obnoxiously, arrogantly, cruelly.  Brendan was especially nasty and cruel.  I'm fine with my complaints with his behaviour.  And I do take it seriously.  Natasha is still a person and she should be treated with dignity.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23
20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know much about Joe and Kendall but if, at the beginning of their relationship, Kendall straight out said that she didn't want to move/leave LA, I don't think there's anything wrong with holding firm to that. Sometimes couples do move but many others choose a location and stick with it.  It's not like Joe had a job he just needed to be in Chicago over. He decided he was miserable in LA.  She knew she'd be miserable outside of LA--or at least in Chicago.  And that made them fundamentally incompatible.

And I think it's entitled of Joe to be upset she wouldn't move to Chicago just because he moved to LA if he knew from day 1 her feelings on the matter.

Yeah.  That was a very low statement on his part.

They probably didn't think they needed to come up with a cover story or that they'd face so much scrutiny. 

I also think he didnt expect Natasha to be so awesome!!!

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I didn't have a problem with Natasha calling Brendan out, but it just went on too long, imo.  The more she went on about it, the more he might think she actually cared about his lyin' ass.    

I take someone getting their feeling hurts seriously, no matter what show it was. I think it was incredibly nasty.

• Love 4

Follower update… reminder, yesterday the scores were Brendan at 349,000+, Pieper at 87,000+ and Natasha bringing up the rear at 64,000+.    Looks like Brendon has passed a loss of 50,000, and the numbers keep dropping.  Natasha has more than tripled her followers and is fast approaching 4x. 

DB6F3A57-D34D-45BE-A41E-A4D21BB0A74C.jpeg

D90454E9-8C50-4F88-AB2E-80BF448141F6.jpeg

BD144762-E331-4063-8A5C-CB15CAFCF5CB.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

They might not be serious people but that doesn't mean reality TV show doesn't accidentally shine a light on serious societal issues. 

That's what happened with the way Brendan talked about Natasha.

People felt that.  They've experienced that.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They might not be serious people but that doesn't mean reality TV show doesn't accidentally shine a light on serious societal issues. 

That's what happened with the way Brendan talked about Natasha.

People felt that.  They've experienced that.

Then don't go on a reality show.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Then don't go on a reality show.

Even in the completely fame-whoreish and artificial world of BIP there are ethics of a kind and there is common courtesy.  Brandon and Pieper crossed multiple lines and Natasha was genuinely humiliated.  She handled it beautifully and they deserve their punishment--karma is a bitch!

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't want to see Natasha as the next Bachelorette because I'm tired of seeing recycled, butt hurt people from other Bachelor Nation shows.  The same goes for any of the guys wanting to be the next Bachelor.  I want to see new faces on the Bachelor/ette.

6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I had been clamoring for newbies for years.  And then Matt James was such a dud of a clunker, that I'm all in on recycling, even if it means we have to endure more Hannah Browns (I mean that metaphorically...if we had to endure another actual season of Hannah Brown, I'd pull my hair out one by one).

23 hours ago, SassyCat said:

The Skeeved out look Kenny gave Demi when she suggested a boomboom romp shows just how horrified he is at her pathetic behavior.

And if I understood him correctly, he turned her down in favor of sleep!

19 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I will cheer when Natasha's followers exceed his!

I am OBSESSED with watching their counts...how great is it to actually SEE karma!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I had been clamoring for newbies for years.  And then Matt James was such a dud of a clunker, that I'm all in on recycling, even if it means we have to endure more Hannah Browns

I think they could get away with newbies if they went with someone semi-famous who'd be willing to do this--like maybe an Olympian.  Or maybe some sort of social media star.

But there's definitely a reason they recycle. 

But as great as Natasha is, they probably are casting the next bachelorette for the next bachelor season. By the time the new bachelorette comes around, Natasha's awesomeness will be somewhat old news--although I'd love to see her in the role.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am OBSESSED with watching their counts...how great is it to actually SEE karma!

Quoting myself here...they are now within 8,000 of each other, but I have to go to bed, so I won't get to watch when Natasha's count surpasses Brendan's...☹️...but how cool will that be! 😀

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Love 5

I finally watched the show. I’m in awe at how dumb Pieper was at dinner to not understand what Brandon was trying to tell her without actually saying in, then he ended up having to come out with it. And she’s so dumb, she actually thanked him for playing the game. Oh well. They both deserve the hate coming their way.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TiredMe said:

I finally watched the show. I’m in awe at how dumb Pieper was at dinner to not understand what Brandon was trying to tell her without actually saying in, then he ended up having to come out with it. And she’s so dumb, she actually thanked him for playing the game. Oh well. They both deserve the hate coming their way.

Brendan definitely underestimated Pieper's lack of slickness on this matter. He had so carefully crafted his story and his strategy and she blew it up in 5 seconds flat. The flicker of irritation that crossed his face when she chirped out her invitation for the date the very second she hit the beach was priceless. 

He was still selling the story halfway through the date but when she failed to pick up on what was happening and started to get upset, he had to blow his cover. Whoever said it was like watching someone confess to murder on the stand was exactly right.

She also gave Pieper just enough rope to hang herself. It was pretty clear that Pieper really wanted to be known as Brendan's girlfriend and she wouldn't be able to help herself if asked directly about the prior relationship. 

By talking to both of them, Natasha gave the editors a lot of material to work with, in addition to what the dumbass couple gave them.

Disappointed that Ivan wouldn't say anything about Brendan when Natasha pressed him. Maybe they are good friends, but Ivan your friend is a dick. Don't be one too by being silent.

Yeah, that was disappointing, especially since Natasha was so publicly humiliated by the 2 of them and Brendan was particularly cruel with his "who would you have talked to, Natasha?" 

There was a very strong undercurrent of disdain for her that was unwarranted. I could see harboring that kind of opinion about someone like Goddess Victoria or the terminally insecure Kelsey, it was pretty clear that nobody was going to be knocking down the door for those two for personality reasons, but I don't see what would make him think Natasha such a man-repeller.

More so than the loss of Instagram followers, I'm wondering if those 2 permanently damaged their place in Bachelor Nation. This show will forgive a lot, but openly flouting the "love can bloom in paradise" premise by coming on the show as a couple and then completely crashing the 4th wall by discussing fame opportunities on camera, that seems like the kind of thing that gets you blacklisted from future shows. The fact that they chose to show all that and cement the villain reputation for both of them seems like a way to burn the bridge.

I didn't even remember Pieper, but Brendan was riding a pile of goodwill from Tayshia's season and in this case, the increased visibility/name recognition is probably not going to be a good thing for him.

• Love 13

I don't think Victoria or Kelsey would deserve that treatment either.  Brandon was particularly disgusting.

I do remember Pieper.  Matt was obviously very attracted to her but dumped her at some point along the way.  I remember a group date where Matt randomly grabbed Pieper and started making out with her.  And then ran away.  It was the weirdest thing ever.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't think Victoria or Kelsey would deserve that treatment either.  Brandon was particularly disgusting.

Of course they wouldn't DESERVE that, nobody deserves it. But in terms of people least likely to find a match, Victoria and Kelsey top the list, IMO. My point was to wonder why Brendan honed in on Natasha as the one to use, like what made him think no one else was ever gonna be interested in her? Whereas people like Kelsey, who seemed afraid to even speak to any guys, and Victoria, who was too busy playing a reality TV role, were unlikely to have guys genuinely interested in them and a mutual exchange of roses without intent to really get together would probably have been fine if it got them more airtime, particularly Victoria.

The fact that he chose to try to fabricate a somewhat sincere potential relationship, knowing that he was just surviving until Pieper got there is worse than gaming the system by offering roses to people with zero intent behind it as a way to stay.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

My point was to wonder why Brendan honed in on Natasha as the one to use, like what made him think no one else was ever gonna be interested in her? Whereas people like Kelsey, who seemed afraid to even speak to any guys, and Victoria, who was too busy playing a reality TV role, were unlikely to have guys genuinely interested in them and a mutual exchange of roses without intent to really get together would probably have been fine if it got them more airtime, particularly Victoria.

Probably because he expected Natasha to be "cool" once Pieper showed up and go away quietly without causing any drama. Hence his consternation at Natasha still being there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

50% of this show is people recapping things that literally happened 30 seconds prior. And not just one person... two or three people. We see something happen, and then someone comes on a recaps it. Then a second person does... come on we just saw it! I understand a recap at the beginning of the episode, but I don't need three different people telling me about the love triangle that I literally just watched🤣

Edited by Aim123
Thought of something else
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

I always hate the "So we walk into this room and we're wondering what's going to happen" right after the scene of them entering the room, generally followed by someone else saying, "And there's this thing and we're wondering, 'What IS that?'" which the viewers aren't shown until after we hear from a few more perplexed cast members.

Me: "We get the point. Aim the damn camera at it already so we can all see what it is."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

If you guys hate the constant recapping, I recommend staying away from Big Brother. The recapping there is only interrupted by explanations of how the game works and the occasional expression of someone's desire to win.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, phlebas said:

If you guys hate the constant recapping, I recommend staying away from Big Brother. The recapping there is only interrupted by explanations of how the game works and the occasional expression of someone's desire to win.

Yep, that's exactly the show I was thinking of! "So we go out to the backyard..."

• LOL 3
On 9/6/2021 at 11:58 PM, Arkay said:

Okay I already don’t remember….was there a host this week? I don’t recall anyone greeting Pieper when she came to the beach, and there was no rose ceremony, so I truly don’t know.

I liked Brendan so much when he was a contestant. I think he’s cute and I THOUGHT he was humble and sincere. What a jerk he is, and Pieper too. It’s awesome that the show aired their conversation about followers and publicity. I hope it backfires completely and that they are embarrassed in front of their families.

The absolute nerve of Brendan to sit there and tell Natasha he doesn’t have the “gift” of being a manipulative liar. I think she’s pretty and well-meaning and I  hope she finds someone who appreciates her.

I didn’t like Kendall before and I don’t like her now. The logistical problem isn’t going away and I think she should have let Joe have an uncomplicated relationship without her marching back in.

And don’t forget - Serena is from Canada. Joe should have asked if she wanted to move to Chicago on the first day they met

• Useful 3
  • Love 5