Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

VMSR.png  Red Light: Community Check-In

This live chat thread has been assigned red light status due to a number of posts that don’t align with our community values of respect, diversity and inclusivity.

As it is representative of the general tone across the 90Day Fiancée forums, the live chat will remain locked until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone in the other topics.

Let’s shift the focus from the individual to their actions, fostering a space where every participant feels respected in their humanity. Consider how your words might influence not only current members but also those who observe from afar and how it shapes their perception of our forum's culture.

The topics will maintain this Red Light status until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone.

Here's what we're focusing on:

- Improvement Period: We have until May 2nd, 2024 to enhance the quality of our discussions. Otherwise, the entire 90Day Fiancée forum will be assigned Yellow Light status.

- Guidance: Highlighting what works well and identifying areas for growth are crucial. Our aim is constructive, respectful dialogue that includes all perspectives. The principle of kindness and inclusivity applies to everyone, even to the participants of the show. (Please note that that doesn’t mean you have to condone everything they say and do. It just means that comments should be mindful of their humanity).

- Assistance: If you’re unsure about contributing constructively, please consult our guidelines for helpful advice and best practices.
Check out the Top Chef S20 Live Chat for reference on healthy discussions of contestants.

- Your Contribution: Your active, respectful participation can help guide our discussions toward a Green Light status.

Together, we're committed to making this forum an inclusive environment for everyone. Your thoughtful engagement is essential to our collective progress.

• Start Topic

The Beatles went to Rishikesh India and it resulted in most of the songs from the White Album, and in fact, I postulate that if they had taken another working vacation to write songs and gone to another exotic location,  it would have probably added several years to the band and they wouldn't have broken up.  Going to India resulted in some the best songs of their career, and that's saying a lot!

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Angry Moldovan said:

I could never be that physical with an exe especially after I fucked him over so badly. She’s just revolting

Yeah I’m just gonna put in my order for my Amazon wish list and have you stay here with me, my baby, and The Who knocked me up.  Okay thanks!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Weren’t those Moonies?

Moonies sold flowers in airports, and on sidewalks, and were very aggressive about it.    My dad said a woman blocking him in the airport and trying to make him buy her flowers was the closest he ever came to punching out a woman.     The devotees were sucked into their cult, and in several case I know of, when the parents cut the money off, the adult children disappeared from their lives, never to be seen again.   Moon owned a lot of the fish processing operations in Alaska, had a gigantic estate, and a lot of other businesses (Moon died in 2012). 

Hare Krishna also solicited for donations though, and wore robes.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

All four Beatles were guests of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the late 60s. I remember George said he was always smiling. I would be smiling too if I had four of the richest men in the world in my thrall.

Ringo left early because he couldn't handle the food. The other three left after the Maharishi was revealed to be a dirty old man. But George was really moved by the spirituality and stayed engaged, not with the maharishi though. It was actually Patti, George's wife, who introduced him to Indian religion. 

Yes, I'm a Beatles nerd. 

1 minute ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Weren’t those Moonies?

No, those were definitely Krishnas. They wore orange robes and sang and danced. Moonies wore suits and bought real estate. They own Gorton's of Gloucester too. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

The Beatles went to Rishikesh India and it resulted in most of the songs from the White Album, and in fact, I postulate that if they had taken another working vacation to write songs, it would have probably added several years to the band and they wouldn't have broken up.  Going to India resulted in some the best songs of their career, and that's saying a lot!

And LSD!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

Just out of curiosity: How much does it cost in US dollars to rent a 3-bedroom multi-level house in (I presume) Addis Ababa?

If I recall from my snooping last week, it was about $1800.  So, Ari's parents' paying $2000 a month to keep Ari there is probably a lot cheaper than paying her for part-time employment and fancy bras, yoga lessons, etc., in Princeton.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

No, those were definitely Krishnas. They wore orange robes and sang and danced. Moonies wore suits and bought real estate. They own Gorton's of Gloucester too.

For a while, the leader owned the Washington Times newspaper (not to be confused with the Washington Post).

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Weren’t those Moonies?

Could be, I stand corrected.    It was usually men, bald, dressed in white robes.  They were very aggressive.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 2

Guys.  I accepted a job offer last week and now I have to break it to my current team that I'm leaving the company.  Yikes...  (so my interview went fine!)

And I kind of want to make out with my friend who works there, but he doesn't know it.

Anyway, hellooooo let's fret about hurricanes now.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

Guys.  I accepted a job offer last week and now I have to break it to my current team that I'm leaving the company.  Yikes...  (so my interview went fine!)

And I kind of want to make out with my friend who works there, but he doesn't know it.

Congratulations and go for it 😘😘😘😘

• Love 3

Yay!!! I love this news so mash, baby.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

You should definitely tell him you want to swap spit before you leave.  Or maybe not.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

Why would you fly somewhere that just had a major hurricane when you don’t even know where your fiancé is? I'm so scared and am praying for this crazy woman.

You are so compassionate, I’m waiting with baited breath for her to be stranded at the airport for six days

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

That's great - good luck!

• Love 5

Congrats on the job!

• Love 4

Congratulations!! And, make out with him especially since you won’t be coworkers!!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Whooooo! Congratulations! Celebrate good times, come on!

• Love 3