Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Why would you fly somewhere that just had a major hurricane when you don’t even know where your fiancé is? I'm so scared and am praying for this crazy woman.

I'm wondering if the situation is as bad as Victor says it is. Or she thinks it might be.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

Wow...I just remembered seeing Hare Krishnas dancing in the street the first time I went to NYC. I was 9 years old. They all wore orange and yellow robes and most of them were bald. I remember thinking they looked really cool.

I'm from greater Boston--when I was in high school my friends and I would skip school and go into Boston, which, in 1970, was positively awash in people in colorful costumes, hawking their books and other merch, asking for money. It was like a gauntlet. Scientology, Hare Krishnas, Children of God, Process (all in black, mostly Brits, very exotic!), Moonies, you name it! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I remember the Hare Krishnas harassing me at an airport when I was in middle school, flying across the country on my own when  I had about $7.35 that had to last me from Atlanta  to Seattle.  Why would they pick on a penniless 14 year old?

Edited by Floatingbison
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

I'm hoping with the new administration that Kenny can just bring Armando and his daughter up to the US.

If I were Armando I would not leave Mexico. The administration may have changed but the anti immigrant sentiment, not to mention the anti-vax sentiment, would keep me firmly rooted in my home country. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

You should definitely tell him you want to swap spit before you leave.  Or maybe not.

He's actually at the NEW job!  He's the person who talked me into applying.  So I won't have to say goodbye!  And y'know, maybe there will be a business trip that will happen and I'll have a drink and end up making out with him On Accident in an elevator somewhere.  Not that I've plotted this out or anything.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Guys.  I accepted a job offer last week and now I have to break it to my current team that I'm leaving the company.  Yikes...  (so my interview went fine!)

And I kind of want to make out with my friend who works there, but he doesn't know it.

Anyway, hellooooo let's fret about hurricanes now.

Do it, make out!  If you don’t you might regret it forever.  I still remember the best kiss I ever had.  I married someone else. 😔

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I remember the Hare Krishnas harassing me at an airport when I was in middle school, flying across the country on my own when  I had about $7.35 that had to last me from Atlanta  to Seattle.  Why would they pick on a penniless 14 year old?

They could convert you and you would make money for them.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

He's actually at the NEW job!  He's the person who talked me into applying.  So I won't have to say goodbye!  And y'know, maybe there will be a business trip that will happen and I'll have a drink and end up making out with him On Accident in an elevator somewhere.  Not that I've plotted this out or anything.

True story - I had the same situation, but ended up at a strip club with a bunch of people from work, and the rest....  anyways, it was a little awkward after haha

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Kenny, your ridiculous, overwrought, drama queen kids are GROWN. Guess what, Cassidy? THINGS CHANGE. DEAL. 

THIS.

If I recall correctly, the kids' mother was a friend of Kenny's, right? Do they not have any relationship with her? Or was she literally just a vessel?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Jenny is sooo working this religious loophole.

GO BACK TO PALM SPRINGS LADY AND BUY A USED HONDA PRELUDE AND GET A JOB LIKE THE REST OF US.

Is there much options for a 60 something year old lady? Except Walmart greeter?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I thought they were living in Mexican because they were planning on living off of Kenny’s social Security?

Kenny's only in his fifties, he's not drawing SS yet. And Armando has a job and a young daughter. Why uproot her? Kenny, supposedly, was free, since his kids are supposedly grown up. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I thought they were living in Mexican because they were planning on living off of Kenny’s social Security?

I was just going to ask why they weren’t going to move to the US.   It’s not like Armondo has a supportive family they want to be near.

• Love 3