Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Episode Live Chat

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

🌟💚Green-Light! Exemplary Community Engagement💚 🌟

This topic shines bright with a Green Light for showcasing the best of our community. Your contributions reflect our core values of diversity, respect, and constructive engagement. Here’s to celebrating and continuing this success:

- Recognition: A big thank you to all contributors for fostering a healthy and inclusive environment.

- Inspiration: Let’s keep this going! Continue to engage with empathy, listen actively, and celebrate diverse perspectives in the whole of the Top Chef forum and beyond.

- Spotlight: Share your favorite threads that exemplify great discussions to inspire other topics and sub-forums. Use the tag [GreenLightSpotlight].

- Grow Together: Encourage and guide other sub-forums by sharing your strategies for maintaining a Green Light status.

Your collaborative efforts are what make our community thrive. Let's continue to be a beacon of healthy discourse!

• Start Topic

London is a great location for this first international competition.  I love that city, and haven’t been in many years, so I’m looking forward to seeing where they go in addition to seeing what they cook.

I can't remember if I disliked Amar.  I loved Dawn, that I remember.  Liked Sara.  Buddha, fine.  It will be fun to "get to know" new people.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Bastet said:

London is a great location for this first international competition.  I love that city, and haven’t been in many years, so I’m looking forward to seeing where they go in addition to seeing what they cook.

I can't remember if I disliked Amar.  I loved Dawn, that I remember.  Liked Sara.  Buddha, fine.  It will be fun to "get to know" new people.

Dawn is one of my all-time least favorites.

• Like 7

So, four of the cheftestants are from the U.S. edition, Sarah, Dawn, Buddha, and Amar.     It was good to see them, and the other 12 cheftestants from around the world.       I'm not liking the twist, and the limited ingredients on the first episode. 

• Like 1

I was TICKED for Dawn when that large amount of water spilled in her dish and put out her fire.  Damn.  

Tough way for the French chef to go out — you know he knows better but he was rushing and trying to do too much.

Super impressed with the onion — wow, who knew?  I sure didn’t.

The guy who bragged about running around so fast and being crazy in the kitchen — isn’t he the one who spilled the water?  It’s not something to brag about — it’s super inconsiderate when you’re cooking around so many others in an extraordinary setup.  

Thrilled to pieces that the show is back, and in London!  I like so many of these chefs from the first bits I’ve seen and it’s fun to see them bring the best of the best from their parts of the world.  

Buddha was so helpful to Dawn after the water thing and he was the first to stand up and congratulate the winner.  I love him and find him to be very gracious.  He is a little quieter in his way, but snobby — absolutely not.  That was way off.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I’ve eaten Bangers & Mash in the UK but I never knew why the sausages were called that.  Thank you Gail.

I think the Scotch egg is going to be a tough one.  I always wanted to try making that.

• Like 1

Smart of MENA chef to refrain from beer, knowing that a challenge would be coming.  I wouldn't have, but respect to him.

Love Potato girl, her speech about Ukraine, her taste in food, her everything.

• Like 4

Knowing this is a double-elimination, it makes it so clear to me that I like this group and don’t want **two** knocked out at once.  Having said that though, there are a couple I wouldn’t mind saying bye to.  

I was amazed at the pub food.   A lot of it looked amazing.   Even the Scotch Egg did, and I don't like eggs in that form.     The Yorkshire pudding looked amazing.    The Toad in the Hole confused me, because the U.S. dish I've seen called that is regular bread slices, with an egg in the middle of a cut out hole, not like the UK version that looked tasty.  

• Like 3

That is bad teamsmanship, May —  here’s how I would have done it better — easy to say now…  She’s the one who pushed Dale to choose Scotch eggs.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 3

Editing fooled me, Buddha and Lucian’s win. 
oh darn, I did not want anyone to go home, especially not May and Dale. Bummer. 
I loved the different pronunciations of ‘potato’ on this episode. 

• Like 1

I've liked May, but I felt like she threw her partner under the bus by saying she thought the Scotch egg should have been deconstructed. Sorry to see Dale go.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 7

Really impressed by Victoire, she can speak seven languages. The biscuit challenge was fun. Ali is back. Tom might have a target  on his back now. He sounded so smug and he didn’t care that he did not follow the rules of the challenge. Not a good attitude. 

• Like 4