Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Yeah, the last time I went to Disneyland was 10 years ago, when everything was so mach more cheapee than it is nowadays.

I’ll only go if work or a vendor is paying for it and traffic is light.  My friend OTOH has passes and would go every weekend if she could.  I hate lines.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Someone should tell Memphis that making that sign for 2 is an obscene gesture in some countries.

That happened to me when I was teaching in Australia. I couldn’t figure out my students were so upset when I was telling them to go to lab #2 (using my fingers for 2). Someone finally told me. I didn’t feel that bad, because that class was annoying. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

Next she's gonna tell him when to go to the bathroom.

Some people in the health care field are like this (but not just them). They're used to ordering patients around and making treatment plans. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Just because you’re not getting married within two weeks of meeting each other does not mean that it’s not farther down the line. If you can’t handle a long distance relationship that is on you. And you need to do some thinking. Putting things off by a year is not the end of the world.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She is in a high risk category..he can pass it on to her and kill her. Idiot.

Obviously you haven't heard about this rumored "ten pounds" she has lost/is losing/is lying to herself about.

Edited by Eldemarge
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Memphis is yet another in a long line of clueless women who think the man you marry is going to suddenly change into the man you always dreamed of.

Both times, I just hoped he'd remain the man who proposed. 

No luck either time.  The second was a bona fide sociopathic predator. I wish I'd shot him and done time just to get him off of the planet. 

• Love 4
Just now, Eldemarge said:

Obviously you haven't heard about this rumored "ten pounds" she has lost/is losing/is lying to her about.

And she’s gonna do it in one tousand munt.

Hey girl, take the delay in Johnny coming over as bonus weight-loss time!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Just because you’re not getting married within two weeks of meeting each other does not mean that it’s not farther down the line. If you can’t handle a long distance relationship that is on you. And you need to do some thinking. Putting things off by a year is not the end of the world.

Why date a guy overseas in the first place?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Gobi said:

That Shauna Rae show will never be not disturbing. And I've only seen the commercials.

Same.  I feel for her.  It looks like she’s going on a date next episode but how does that work without thinking the man should be on the To Catch a Predator show?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Same.  I feel for her.  It looks like she’s going on a date next episode but how does that work without thinking the man should be on the To Catch a Predator show?

Well...maybe if they talked without his seeing her and made a connection, it's not so creepy.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

Oh, it's wonderful!! Yes, you get passes to travel around the park and to and from your hotel, and meal vouchers to have meals at any restaurant in the park. The cost is included in the exorbitant price of admission. 

It's sooo worth it. I had breakfast with Cinderella and took pictures with Goofy. I met Figment, too. 

20 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I went once as a kid and I just remember feeling hot, overwhelmed and spent most of my time waiting in line. The food was meh and the crowds were insane. Just not for me I guess but it wasn’t the magical experience I expected. 
I loved Paris but a lot of people hate it…different strokes and all.

20 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Yeah, the last time I went to Disneyland was 10 years ago, when everything was so mach more cheapee than it is nowadays.

20 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Me, going in 2014 for the first time since 1970, telling a co-worker: "No, I'm not wearing those stupid ears or getting my picture taken with someone dressed in a costume!" Also, best friend gives me a few pins to trade, which I'm all, eh, what is the point of these? 

At Disneyland: Buy Minnie ears before first day is over and get totally into trading pins around the park.

Next trip in 2017: Know exactly what ears I want this time! More pin trading! See Tigger as I exit Splash Mountain and urgently call BFF to meet me there ASAP so she can take my picture with him! 

20 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Before covid we went to Disneyland every two months....we had it down to a fine science, jump on the plane at 7 a.m. and be in the park by 11:30 a.m.   It was a lot of fun and we actually got to know some of the castmembers.

I co-sign all of these opinions (good and bad).  Living just 45 minutes away, I had gone maybe 40-50x through my teens, including Grad Night. I bought an annual pass (actually 2) to impress a date in the 90s when it was $99, and another about 10 years ago, when it was like $150. I will totally admit though, that I would go a couple times in the year, then like 10x in the last 3 weeks before the AP expired.

THEN, in 2K18...I met TrackKitty, who was *SwingingSymphonyDrumroll*...a Cast Member! She was a preschool director at the Disney Children's Center in Glendale. We started going all the time...like once or even twice a month. I definitely got sick of it, and had I been required to pay for admish and full-price for füd (she got 30% off all purchases!), I definitely would not have wanted to or thought about going like that. The main reasons to go so much were: 1) constantly having to take friends/fam (she could get 3 people in with her Silver Pass); 2) all the new Star Wars / Marvel shtuff. I totally did it to myself, though. Watched too many Hidden Mickey and Disney Food Blog videos...and that addictive Imagineering Show.

Anyway, she had to leave that job, after being furloughed and 6 months of Unemployment was killing her. Now, we have just 2 measly tickets left. Saving them for Disneyland Paris or Shanghai!

Edited by Trackdawg
F-U-C...See you real soon!
  • Love 12