Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Right over the line in Fairfield County, CT.  Back when I had energy, we used to jump over the line from CT to Westchester at 1am when the CT bars closed to dance and drink for 2 more hours in NY.

I cannot believe there was a time in my life when the 1 a.m. bar closing was considered the shank of the evening. If I'm not home by 8 p.m. now I get cranky.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Wonder if Caleb asked Alina if she had special requirements about any hotel - and especially one with a working elevator.

When I traveled in Russia outside Moscow the accomodations were lacking (I was prepared for it) so having no elevator may not be so uncommon.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Not that I am giving Caleb a pass but did Alina specifically tell Caleb that the hotel has to have an elevator? 

Asking.

Totally agree I have MS I would never rely on anyone to else to cover my specific needs!

• Love 9

If they're so worried about him spending money why didn't they just go to Walmart or Target for toys instead of a small one that probably costs more for everything.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m wondering if Turkey has no laws about making buildings accessible to disabled people like here in the US? 

I’m struggling to find laws about accessibility but found this and thought it was cool:

”Disability and Labour Law

In Turkey, the rights of people with disabilities are legally protected: the government guarantees equal educational and employment opportunities, and four percent of civil servants have to be people with a disability.

In the private sector where a company has 50 employees, three percent of those employees must be people with a disability.”

Edited by Toodleoo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

If they're so worried about him spending money why didn't they just go to Walmart or Target for toys instead of a small one that probably costs more for everything.

Buy local, plus free publicity for a small business. Win win! 
Far better to spend the money on a local business than to pay Ximena's rent. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Right over the line in Fairfield County, CT.  Back when I had energy, we used to jump over the line from CT to Westchester at 1am when the CT bars closed to dance and drink for 2 more hours in NY.

Same here! Port Chester was my friend at 2am. I’m still in Fairfield County! 

• Love 4

My guess is the small store wants the publicity, and will close down for filming.   The big stores won't do that, and probably won't let them film and disrupt everything.   

I was at the big "W" today, and even though it wasn't crowded, I wouldn't have been happy about having to detour around some idiots with a camera.  Actually, I probably would be so steamed at having someone block my path, I would 'accidentally' whack them with my cart a few times. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Mental Health & Human Services major
Behavioral Health minor. 
I'll finish at the same time, but will have 3 fewer classes to do/pay for.  

3 fewer classes to pay for is a good thing! I say forget about the minor. 

• Love 2
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the small store wants the publicity, and will close down for filming.   The big stores won't do that, and probably won't let them film and disrupt everything.   

Yes to this.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, hookedontv said:

Same here! Port Chester was my friend at 2am. I’m still in Fairfield County! 

Can’t tell you how many times I was at the theater in Port Chester for concerts in the late 60’s and early70’s. Grateful Dead and Santana a bunch of times. Can’t believe I was young once!

• Love 5