Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E25: Eviction #8, HOH #9

• Start Topic

Big D:

I know I can debate and argue with anyone and win. My mouth is dangerous!

Also Big D:

I gladly to evote, Sara Beth.

He thinks his mouth is dangerous, but biggun  is too frickin’ stupid to say four words coherently. God, I can't wait for them to send Sleepy D out of there. Could be my least favorite houseguest ever. I will say, I didn’t expect him to make it more than 30 seconds on the swinging rope. Guess I underestimated him?

Edited by JayDub1987
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

Back from ad break & Derek F has fallen ! Shocking. I swear, if by some weird chance he wins this game, I may quit watching forever. I find him very annoying.

Also annoying is Brittini, while I always like seeing the jury house, I really didn't want to see ( or hear !) her. Why does she react to everything like she seeing The Hindenburg crash ? Poor Derek X.

Darn, I kind of wanted to see Alyssa win the comp, just to see the CO scramble a little. But she'd probably end up putting up Claire & someone and Claire would end up going. Right now, it looks to me like X has a pretty good shot at winning the game.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I loved seeing the jury house. Once SB shows up, I'm sure Britini and Derex will have the CO 95% figured out. 

I'm glad Ky left the goodbye message he did for SB, even though to some extent it was self-serving. It'll help her transition to reality, to the fact there was a whole alliance she didn't know about, and it will reassure her that Ky really did care about her, and took as far as he could. She might still be horribly upset and angry, but she won't sit in jury thinking she was 100% played by her ally. 

Two double evictions! Is this a last minute change? I'd heard rumours of a triple, but I can't remember where. I was so upset the CO wouldn't have 5 seconds to celebrate, but if Alyssa and Claire leave in next week's double, the CO will get their celebration. Then the knives will come out. 

If Alyssa had won HoH this week, she could have thrown a giant monkey wrench into this, and lots of people out here would have been thrilled, but it was not to be. I was surprised to see her down so soon. Deref not so much. 😁

8 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Big D:

I know I can debate and argue with anyone and win. My mouth is dangerous!

Also Big D:

I gladly to evote, Sara Beth.

Exactly what Mr. Melina said 😁😁

• Love 3

I just realized who SB reminds me of. In an episode of The facts of life , the girls try to win a contest to  be backup singers for El Debarge.  There is a trio of very prim and  proper singers in sweater vests. The main girl talks about making life long friends and sending out a newsletters.  She sounds and looks just  like SB . Lol, I'm laughing because, I'm sure no one knows what I'm talking about. (George Clooney tries to hit on her, but he just gets on the newsletter llist).

Back to BB .  I laughed so hard when Derek jumped out of that hammock.  I just knew he was going to send Hannah flying.  I'm glad she was ok. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 8
22 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

If Alyssa had won HoH this week, she could have thrown a giant monkey wrench into this, and lots of people out here would have been thrilled, but it was not to be. I was surprised to see her down so soon. Deref not so much. 😁

I couldn't believe he held on as long as he did. I got told week one that I was being unfair by saying he would never do well in an endurance comp. Gah, I LOVE being right.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Can someone please tell me what Azah (or someone else?) said that had the HGs in gales of laughter right after SB left the house. I rewound and still couldn't hear it. (I wonder if SB could see and hear them. If so, ouch.) 

• Love 3
Just now, Melina22 said:

Can someone please tell me what Azah (or someone else?) said that had the HGs in gales of laughter right after SB left the house. I rewound and still couldn't hear it. (I wonder if SB could see and hear them. If so, ouch.) 

When Production grayed out SB’s picture on the Memory Wall, apparently Azah’s picture grayed out as well - and Azah freaked.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Yeah that was a real shocker seeing Big D go down early. Also he said 'I evote to' so clearly this week you know it's just 'his thing' that he hopes they will compile for that day before the vote where they reminisce about their 'journey'. I can't wait until he is evoted out.

Too bad Alyssa was throwing up in the background as we checked in (and Julie didn't mention it) because that's her last chance. Speaking of last chances Claire has got to be feeling 'one of these things is not like the other' when she looks around the house... nobody has figured it out fully I beleive because they just can't even go there that the black people are systematically voting out the non-white hgs. We want to see good in people and believe it was 'just the game' but it's not.

SB was claiming a 'good game move' but she clearly didn't figure out the racial aspect either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Kyland has to be a hot recruit right?  Because otherwise why would he spill the deets about the Cookout to two people on the jury?

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

To try to get jury votes. It's the Josh method lol.

It’s a moderately smart move on Ky’s part.  When the CO is exposed - which it almost certainly will be by the Finale - to the non-CO jurors, Ky will come across as the only CO member who was at least THAT honest with them.  If Ky is sitting in one of the F2 chairs, that’s 4 votes leaning his way already.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Some thoughts: I fully expected to find Derek F out of the competition when they came back from commercial but it didn't mean I still wasn't going to laugh.

Julie hypes up not once but twice that its Alyssa vs. The Cookout only to have the camera man miss the "money shot" which would have been a close up of Alyssa falling off...it just kind of happens in the background of a long shot.

Not that it would matter anyway if she won. She'd just do X's bidding.

Imagine Grodner and the producers crowded around a conference table in an air conditioned room as someone makes a pitch that they MUST do two week back to back Double Elims because every living person on the planet knows there will be NO SUSPENSE next week as Clair and Alyssa leave in whatever order. The ONLY possible way some life could be injected into it is if the second evictee wins the veto but the Reality TV Gods wouldn't grant us that.

Watching Azah tonight made me wonder if she realizes she is nothing more than a meat sack, a voting number, a tool of the true power players in the Cookout Tiff and X and she will be unceremoniously discarded that minute her voting abilities are no longer useful. She's likable yes but she has  no game outside of floating and no resume to speak of. She's done long before finale night.

As Derek X was laying out his theory it was at that moment that I knew he is a LOCK for being a returning houseguest someday perhaps in a season where the deck isn't stacked against anyone not in a rock solid alliance.  Oh, and I could almost hear all his fans groaning when they cut away before he got in the hot tub.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Julie:  "But First is copywritten."  

Julie, it's copyRIGHT, not copyWRITE.  As it, it's copyrighted.

Also, if that's really the case, Target's current commercials say "but first, Target" and about a zillion cutesy signs and TShirts say "but first, coffee."

I wonder if she was joking?

Poor Hannah-ouch.  

I hope Claire at least hangs on long enough to not be a Have Not.  

I'm a Cookout fan, but I did feel for Alyssa walking over and sitting dejected back among the props.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

Julie:  "But First is copywritten."  

But First: think before you speak Julie. This season Julie is desperate to be seen as 'cool and fun' by the hg's like that one mom that wants to be 'hip' in the eyes of teenagers at their house. Julie has been using their nicknames and making 'funny comments' like this. Her not being not very good at it is the issue though.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Maya said:

I’m confused - if the pan was burning on top of the stove, why was the fire inside the oven? 

I think the smoke was coming out from under the burner through whatever holes there are there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I fully expected to find Derek F out of the competition when they came back from commercial but it didn't mean I still wasn't going to laugh.

Right as the comp started up the camera did a close-up on DerF; all of FIVE SECONDS into the comp, and he’s already struggling!  And I swear to god this conversation happened in my house tonight:

Me: Oh gawd.

Wife (glances at TV screen): He’s not going to last ninety seconds, is he?

Me: Don’t be mean; he might go as much as two minutes.  Maybe.

<Break for commercial; comes back to DerF sitting on the sidelines>

Wife: Wonder which of us was closer?

And y’all wonder how we’ve stayed married for 35 years.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Kyland has to be a hot recruit right?  Because otherwise why would he spill the deets about the Cookout to two people on the jury?

What is a hot recruit?

2 hours ago, leocadia said:

Despite her words saying "Good Gameplay, Respect", Sara Beth was obviously shook by Ky's goodbye intel.  I couldn't tell if it was more anger or sadness, but she was not fine with it at all.

Regardless of how she may feel, which is all speculation and can't be proven, she reacted the absolute best way she could have, so I 100% cannot fault her for it at all.  And I don't even like her.

Derek X. is so cute.  I would watch an entire show just about him.  It was so funny how he called it a "conspiracy" after Kyland flat out admitted it to him.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Right as the comp started up the camera did a close-up on DerF; all of FIVE SECONDS into the comp, and he’s already struggling!  And I swear to god this conversation happened in my house tonight:

Me: Oh gawd.

Wife (glances at TV screen): He’s not going to last ninety seconds, is he?

Me: Don’t be mean; he might go as much as two minutes.  Maybe.

<Break for commercial; comes back to DerF sitting on the sidelines>

Wife: Wonder which of us was closer?

I swear I had a similar conversation in my head:

Me (watching DF struggle at beginning of competition): He's definitely gonna fall during the commercial. I can't believe it has never occurred to me that maybe BB films these endurance comps on a 5 minute delay so that they can catch what happens during the commercial....maybe they DO!!

Me (after the commercial): Ah, they don't! 

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I saw those little disc and I said Big D is done on go. I wasn’t too far off. He can’t win anything. Of course, he make it to the end and win some mental challenge and we’ll never hear the end of it. LOL!!!!! The spacing of the HG was wonky. Claire & Azah were hitting each other more than the elephant was. Give those girls some room production. Jeez!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I seriously started to wonder if DerekF is smarter than all of us and evote is actually a real word so I googled it and found out that he's not and it isn't. 

You're welcome. 

I think he decided before the game started he would say evote and thought it would become a thing. Unfortunately, it did become a thing and made him look stupid. He will say he said he told people he would never vote them out…blah, blah, blah!!!!! He’s done nothing to help the cookout or himself win this game. Now, he’s having a pity party because he realizes how stupid & useless he’s people in the game. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wait, Alyssa isn’t white?

I’m shocked Big Dumbass even made it to the start of the commercial break! What a useless person, he wins nothing and lays around all day. Lol suuuure you’re such a great debater but can’t even say the words “I vote” properly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think he decided before the game started he would say evote and thought it would become a thing. Unfortunately, it did become a thing and made him look stupid. He will say he said he told people he would never vote them out…blah, blah, blah!!!!! He’s done nothing to help the cookout or himself win this game. Now, he’s having a pity party because he realizes how stupid & useless he’s people in the game. 

Which would make him pretty much the perfect goat to take to the end. Is second prize still 50k or did they increase it as well? 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What is a hot recruit?

Someone who was discovered by the producers to be on the show without knowing anything about it, who happens to be extremely good-looking.

I’m guessing Sarah Beth was dressed for endurance because her heart had hope that maybe she was staying, regardless of what her brain knew.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

No one has mentioned the hilarious gong show that was the hammock fall/steak fire debacle. It was crazy. Whenever I see several things all going wrong at the same time, against all odds, I always remember Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park and his chaos theory. 

ETA I guess it has been mentioned, but not how LOL funny it was. 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

No one has mentioned the hilarious gong show that was the hammock fall/steak fire debacle. It was crazy. Whenever I see several things all going wrong at the same time, against all odds, I always remember Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park and his chaos theory. 

Watching that the theory I was thinking about was The Buttery Fly theory and how it seems true. The buzzing of a simple beetle sets off this chain reaction that ends in injury and fire. Pretty conclusive evidence that its true.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

But First: think before you speak Julie. This season Julie is desperate to be seen as 'cool and fun' by the hg's like that one mom that wants to be 'hip' in the eyes of teenagers at their house. Julie has been using their nicknames and making 'funny comments' like this. Her not being not very good at it is the issue though.

She’s not like a regular host, she’s a cool host 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

I assume it’s because you have the type of marriage where you watch the same shows together!  (Or where one consents to watch the others favorite trash reality). It doesn’t happen here bc Mr. Neveragain watches golf whenever he is not on zoom, and I just cannot 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Tiffany playing the jury when she whispered to SB that she was the pity vote. 

Yes, she makes sure every last person keeps to the plan so that every CO member, with the exception of  the +1  partner, votes to evict, -- then she sneaks in a pity vote and tells the person about it on their way to the jury.  I just hope the jury puts these crooked little moves together and doesn't reward her for it in the end.  I'd buy a banner saying, "Anyone but Tiffany." 

Someday the fat-shaming police are going to monitor this board as hard as the racism police and I'm going to be here for it! ;)

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I just realized who SB reminds me of. In an episode of The facts of life , the girls try to win a contest to  be backup singers for El Debarge.  There is a trio of very prim and  proper singers in sweater vests. The main girl talks about making life long friends and sending out a newsletters.  She sounds and looks just  like SB . Lol, I'm laughing because, I'm sure no one knows what I'm talking about. (George Clooney tries to hit on her, but he just gets on the newsletter llist).

Back to BB .  I laughed so hard when Derek jumped out of that hammock.  I just knew he was going to send Hannah flying.  I'm glad she was ok. 

SB reminds me of Lisa Loeb

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I didn't want to laugh, because that was a hard fall and head bump for Hannah.  But I couldn't help myself, Derek f looked ridiculous,  and then the fire starting because they all ran into the yard? I was waiting for the inevitable person slipping on the fire extinguisher foam while carrying a tray of drinks.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I was waiting for the inevitable person slipping on the fire extinguisher foam while carrying a tray of drinks.

That would have been the perfect ending to what already looked like a sitcom disaster. 😁

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think she was vomiting from the spins.  Derek F. went to go comfort her.

Oh, that makes sense.  Well, then, I'm grateful to her (and before her Brent) for getting as far out of sight as possible before she puked.  I'm not an emetophobe, but the shows that glory in vomit scenes (cough Challenge cough) are so annoying.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I saw those little disc and I said Big D is done on go. I wasn’t too far off. He can’t win anything. Of course, he make it to the end and win some mental challenge and we’ll never hear the end of it. LOL!!!!! The spacing of the HG was wonky. Claire & Azah were hitting each other more than the elephant was. Give those girls some room production. Jeez!

He's an idiot. I truly don't think there's any risk of him winning a mental comp. When I saw those discs, I started cracking up. That poor thing was giving it everything it had right there.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Big D:

My mouth is dangerous!

Especially near a buffet table!  And before the outrage I’m a fat ass myself, big girls game knows big girls game!  When the endurance went to commercial I said out loud Big D.’s gonna be eliminated by the time the eppy comes back on and sho nuff on the gitdown he was sitting and watching and scowling.  I couldn’t stop ki-ki laughing.

Yeah, SB’s gonna be pissed when the CO secret comes out….she was already butthurt during her interview, though she tried to look like she was unbothered.

I’d be shocked if Ky made it to final two, he’s too cocky and I would think the non-CO members would still be pissed at him whether he told the truth about his alliance or not as they were played by him.

I need Claire to win the POV this week like I need to breathe!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My takeaway from all that was how calm and cool headed in an emergency Azah proved to be.  I think she was the one who originally noted the food (steaks?) burning in the oven.  Whoever that was opened the oven door, peeked in and saw the burning, shut the door and made some joke about "that's why I'm a vegetarian ."  But that one door opening gave the smoldering fire a good drink of oxygen, so when the next person (Alyssa?) opened the oven door only moments later, there was a fire.  And Azah immediately sprung into action.  She located the fire extinguisher (which...uh...wasn't located in the kitchen?) brought it to the scene, and calmly directed Alyssa to open the door--after she pulled the pin and got it ready--then did short bursts from the extinguisher to put the fire out.  Just enough to put the fire out, and not so much that there is a ginormous mess.  She did good.

I was also pretty impressed with Tiffany, helping Hannah out, examining her head, keeping her calm, all while looking very professional in her exam gloves.  Tiffany is the one with the home phlebotomy business right?  Has she come clean on that, or still keeping it a secret?  If someone were paying attention, the fact that she immediately donned the protective gloves is a huge, huge clue that she works in a medical field.  Gloving up is nearly the first thing everyone is taught for self-protection from blood-borne diseases.

I'm much less impressed with Xavier and Ky.  I think their dinner was starting to burn before they ran outside to see what the shitshow was out there.  And they were completely absent during the entire fire incident, and it was their own dinner that caused it!  It was like they were little boys who broke a neighbor's window while playing stickball and then they all run away to hide.

I don't think this is Azah's game.  I don't think she's cut out for it, but everything I've seen and heard make me think I'd want her to be my friend in real life.  I do think this is Tiffany's game, and I also kind of like her too.  Watching how people react in a crisis tends to tell you who they are.  Remember how concerned Donnie was about his fellow hamsters during that one dark room comp?  That told me he was a good person...and it turned out to be true!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10