Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Gossip, Girl!

• Start Topic

Wendy looks as ridiculous as she acts. Sitting at lunch with an Ivy Park bucket hat with her face all twisted up. And that mug…. Perhaps some of her plastic surgery dollars could have gone there. 
Love Ashley casually dropping by and earning her check. Love unbothered Giz getting yelled at but caring less. 
Eddie is ok looking but he’s no Idris Alba. Wendy is all the way delusional. And threatening physical violence after that sh*t storm Monique caused last year? Not cool lady. She can go all the way to the back row of Marshall’s and sit down amongst her candle line.  She is the epitome of a bothered hot mess. 

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

It's interesting that at the table yesterday she said that they weren't on CNN so it wasn't a combative contest, but I'm thinking that's exactly what housewives is though.

Wendy's problem is she goes from 0 to 1000 in 5 seconds.  She did it with Ashley last season regarding bringing baby Dean to the lake house, she did it with Tick Tock Mia several times and she's doing it again (no matter how justified she may have been this time around).  And then has the nerve to complain about being called "aggressive" and some more nerve calling herself "Zen Wen."

Simmer down lady, we ain't on CNN or Fox News, sit yo azz down before your mic gets cut.

Candiace said on her live yesterday that the scene with Wendy was a lot longer obviously, and that Candiace actually had a big blow up and left the room for a while after she chastised the group for giving these blogs a platform on THEIR platform, especially after last season. I totally agree with her.

Especially when the main blog spreading the rumors on Candiace and now Wendy was the one beloved by Monique.

Everyone else has had rumors about their relationships so they figure it's fair for Wendy to go through it to

If you're THAT sensitive, get off reality TV.  Gizelle's got rumors about cheating, outside kids & stints in mental institutions, Robyn's got rumors of Juan cheating, Ashley & Michael are up in the blogs, courthouses & Fox 5 DC because of his behaviors every season, the Washington Post blasted Karen & Ray's financial business, Candiace had an orchestrated smear campaign run on her by the blogs.  Mia was smart and spilled her own tea.  Wendy is not exempt.  If she doesn't like it, she needs to leave the show and concentrate on Johns Hopkins.

My favorite Atlanta housewife Cynthia always has her breasts out. She took the ladies to her checkup appointment and let them see all for goodness sake. Potomac can chill a little bit.

Cynthia & Porsha like to show off their breasts but neither Cynthia or Porsha stuffed their breasts in a 2 sizes too small top with the areolas straining to pop out. In my opinion, Wendy's breasts are too large and in Porsha's words, social distancing from each other.  She needs to call up Porsha and ask her how to dress them.  Or ask Mia.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

Wendy took all the comments about her opinion on Monique, degrees, hairline, flat butt and fashion to heart and did a 180. I also think the group is noticing how Wendy is cozying up to Karen and forming an alliance disguised as a friendship but they can't break the 4th wall about that.  I think she came into this season wanting to "take down" Gizelle because that's what appeals to the general fanbase who started watching last season.

It's amazing to me how the women give all their energy to Gizelle. She truly makes the show. Ray had to tell Karen to stop talking about Gizelle. Karen and now Wendy are obsessed with hating her and it just gives Gizelle more power. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, charming said:

Wendy took all the comments about her opinion on Monique, degrees, hairline, flat butt and fashion to heart and did a 180. I also think the group is noticing how Wendy is cozying up to Karen and forming an alliance disguised as a friendship but they can't break the 4th wall about that.  I think she came into this season wanting to "take down" Gizelle because that's what appeals to the general fanbase who started watching last season.

I have to go back and rewatch season 5, but I remember feeling like there was a moment when Wendy and Gizelle were going to clash last season. Seemed like they wanted to stick with the same formula of Gizelle hazing the new housewife, but that fell to the wayside with what happened last season, so it's this season. Candiace also said something about Karen and Wendy's friendship on her live. She said she is not sure that Karen's friendship with Wendy is genuine, but Wendy wanting to forge a friendship with Karen may be genuine. Strategic alliances are nothing new. Mia is also walking back a bit on her comments about Wendy according to her social media, after watching it back on the show. 

• Love 5

I haaaaate when people on these shows start a fight with "Here's what we're not gonna do, We're not gonna talk about my "(fill in the blank). As if that gives them control of the narrative. This time it was about Wendy's husband. 

It was so random for Candyass to skulk in to the kitchen while Ashley was already gathering her stuff to go and then kick her out. A little late Candyass. It's as if production decided at the last minute some shit needed to be started between these two. Ohhhhh, Candyass, hurry up and get in to the kitchen and act like you're kicking Ashley out. Maybe Ash will take the bait and start pulling on your weave. 

Drunk Robin was kind of funny. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Karen thinks she's emulating wonder woman in her cheap thigh high boots and crotch high slit dress? I see more of an "entertainer", in a 1 star restaurant, that serves hot dogs and bologna sandwiches. 

Zenwen shifted to asswhippinwen right quick. She huffed and she puffed, and she stomped around. She threw out the old your jealous and wish you had my man. What a basic bitch.

Robyn is afraid to be successful because she might lose it all. Better to have less money to mismanage, I suppose. 

Giz is rubber and your glue. Everything you say bounces off of her and sticks to you. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I saw a commercial for a swim cap that was designed just for African American people, the inventor was a young girl who saw the need, kudos (or Koodooz if you are Ramona), to her for capitalize on that.  I wonder if those were the caps the women were wearing?

I have an exceptionally large head and lots of very thick hair but I am not a woman of color. I thought damn those are a good idea because I could never fit a cap on my head and there are pools which require a cap. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I think Juan did call Robyn unattractive but I think it was in the context of her "laziness" being unattractive meaning turn off, not that she's physically unattractive.

They're not attractive and they're too big but she had just had the surgery so maybe things hadn't settled into place yet.  That's why Karen & Askale were taking Wendy's heavy luggage upstairs so she wouldn't bust an incision.

It is not just the size that is unattractive but their obvious fakeness. Large beautiful breasts don’t resemble two cantaloupe halves bolted onto your chest with a large space in between. That large space between the breasts is an obvious sign of a poor breast job.

Well done plastic surgery whether it is a facelift, eye work or breasts doesn’t advertise itself as fake. It is the same with teeth. I have a complete set of veneers and crowns but they look completely natural as they aren’t Nene style white chiclets. The point is to have beautiful natural looking teeth and not to advertise that I have fake teeth. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t get Robyn not getting back to Macy’s and TJmaxs. Sounds like a great opportunity. 

Robin doesn’t want to work hard and partnering with Macy’s and TJMaxx would mean she would be obligated to put in the work. Maybe some of it is depression, but Robyn has never struck me as a go-getter. She wants to support, not lead. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Candiace said on her live yesterday that the scene with Wendy was a lot longer obviously, and that Candiace actually had a big blow up and left the room for a while after she chastised the group for giving these blogs a platform on THEIR platform, especially after last season. I totally agree with her. I think they are continuously saying that they don't believe the rumors to hide behind the fact that they are being messy. Everyone else has had rumors about their relationships so they figure it's fair for Wendy to go through it too. 

What Candice fails to realize is that without those blogs, all of these HWs lose their spotlight easily. Because really do any of them have storylines interesting enough to carry a season? Wait till some tidbit drops online about Mia, she'll go from irrelevant (now) to either superstar or villain in a flash. Candixe just cant stand the shining light on her sad little life so she fights it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, amarante said:

It is not just the size that is unattractive but their obvious fakeness. Large beautiful breasts don’t resemble two cantaloupe halves bolted onto your chest with a large space in between. That large space between the breasts is an obvious sign of a poor breast job.

Well done plastic surgery whether it is a facelift, eye work or breasts doesn’t advertise itself as fake. It is the same with teeth. I have a complete set of veneers and crowns but they look completely natural as they aren’t Nene style white chiclets. The point is to have beautiful natural looking teeth and not to advertise that I have fake teeth. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂😂😂

They definitely look bolted on. She put in about as much research on her surgeon as she did in the candle making business. Most of the new outfits are a hot mess, too. There's a way to dress sexy but with class.

Of course she's going to clap back at Gizelle but she went about it the wrong way, and that comment about bringing Jamal around her daughters like he's some random and not their actual father? And going in on Robyn about Juan? And threatening to kick Gizelle's ass? The faculty lounge must have been buzzing. It also was not a good for Eddie at the firm. She needs to tone everything way down.

Plus, Gizelle was so completely unfazed, sipping on her specialty cocktail. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

10 minutes ago, amarante said:

Large beautiful breasts don’t resemble two cantaloupe halves bolted onto your chest with a large space in between.

Can I like this comment 100 times?  Also, successful facelifts don't end up making you look like you're in the early stages of scleraderma (yes, I am talking to you, Mia, Karen Huger and Jeff Bezos's girlfriend!)

do heart me some Ashley!  Zips right in, earns her paycheck by stirring up the shit, and zips right out again.  So efficient!  I'm not entirely sure why dessicating a placenta and ingesting it in pill fashion should strike that Bravo producer as any more disgusting than slitting open a woman's chest, inserting two blobs of plastic, and stitching her back up again, but it wasn't so long ago that vaginas were considered innately disgusting too, I suppose.  

Honestly?  I started watching this show because it said something interesting to me about race, particularly those early episodes with Katie trying to stake claim to biracial identity and Robyn discovering she is genetically more caucasian than Black but holding on proudly to her Black identity.  Those were interesting issues.  The show's really dumbed down since then.

I've never seen Wendy's TV segments, but she strikes me as a complete moron.  Has anybody ever watched them?  I mean, honestly—does she have a brain?

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, politichick said:

They definitely look bolted on. She put in about as much research on her surgeon as she did in the candle making business. Most of the new outfits are a hot mess, too. There's a way to dress sexy but with class.

The talking head look IMO looks great.

The other one looks painful.

74EC7E20-4385-4039-9974-2EC3433330FF.jpeg

90692AED-3346-403C-B887-698D2B2D8CB2.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Wendy can dress however she likes.  I think most of the women on this show could also wear the same outfits Wendy is modeling.  The difference is in the words "can" and "should."  I don't think her wardrobe is doing her any favors.

I semi-sorta watched this twice and I was still surprised at how quickly Wendy lost it but I really watched it twice so I could see what the women had for lunch.  Those entrees were huge and looked quite tasty!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

Can I like this comment 100 times?  Also, successful facelifts don't end up making you look like you're in the early stages of scleraderma (yes, I am talking to you, Mia, Karen Huger and Jeff Bezos's girlfriend!)

do heart me some Ashley!  Zips right in, earns her paycheck by stirring up the shit, and zips right out again.  So efficient!  I'm not entirely sure why dessicating a placenta and ingesting it in pill fashion should strike that Bravo producer as any more disgusting than slitting open a woman's chest, inserting two blobs of plastic, and stitching her back up again, but it wasn't so long ago that vaginas were considered innately disgusting too, I suppose.  

Honestly?  I started watching this show because it said something interesting to me about race, particularly those early episodes with Katie trying to stake claim to biracial identity and Robyn discovering she is genetically more caucasian than Black but holding on proudly to her Black identity.  Those were interesting issues.  The show's really dumbed down since then.

I've never seen Wendy's TV segments, but she strikes me as a complete moron.  Has anybody ever watched them?  I mean, honestly—does she have a brain?

Love this entire post and agree 100%, and that last part is SO spot on. I can't imagine her as a professor OR a commentator on CNN. She looks absurd with this new persona and those big nasty bolt-ons, and I'm glad she's being called out as the inauthentic fame whoring nitwit she is. You don't get to bark about your four degrees and portray yourself as an activist for social change when your disgusting bolt-ons are spilling out of your clothes and you're screeching like a chickenhead on Bad Girls Club or the Maury Show. Silly poseur. Your 15 minutes are almost up, Dr. Dumb Dumb.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t get Robyn not getting back to Macy’s and TJmaxs. Sounds like a great opportunity. 

11 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

It is. That was absolutely insane. Robyn has never been shown to be ambitious, so I'm not surprised that she's ignoring calls. She seems to start things, get bored, and then start up a new endeavor when the next season starts. Robyn should hire a project manager. What's Askale doing? Is she just helping Robyn mail out orders or does she have an actual job? 

10 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Exactly. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Gizelle, Robyn and Ashley aren't necessarily wrong in their observations about Wendy's new appearance/personality but I for sure don't buy they're coming from a place of genuine concern. They're coming from their usual place of earning their Bravo check and maintaining their Housewives spot. And in Robyn's case, goodness knows she needs it as not even her depression makes Robyn interesting. Girl is just DULL. It's a hard contest of who is less interesting between Robyn and Teddi from RHofBH (well formerly of RHofBH).

That's the part where I said to the screen, "oh honey, stop. I'm embarrassed for you." I was so confused when she talked about Gizelle wanting to fuck Eddie because I was like, "say what now?" Only to see the producer's clip showing Gizelle talking about wanting to bang Idris Elba like many other women (not me. Love you Idris but you're not my type). But because Wendy has decided in her mind Eddie's an Idris doppelganger, girlfriend said Gizelle wants to fuck her husband. Um, okay then... 

7 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Wendy looks as ridiculous as she acts. Sitting at lunch with an Ivy Park bucket hat with her face all twisted up. And that mug…. Perhaps some of her plastic surgery dollars could have gone there. 
Love Ashley casually dropping by and earning her check. Love unbothered Giz getting yelled at but caring less. 
Eddie is ok looking but he’s no Idris Alba. Wendy is all the way delusional. And threatening physical violence after that sh*t storm Monique caused last year? Not cool lady. She can go all the way to the back row of Marshall’s and sit down amongst her candle line.  She is the epitome of a bothered hot mess. 

3 hours ago, politichick said:

Of course she's going to clap back at Gizelle but she went about it the wrong way, and that comment about bringing Jamal around her daughters like he's some random and not their actual father? And going in on Robyn about Juan? And threatening to kick Gizelle's ass? The faculty lounge must have been buzzing. It also was not a good for Eddie at the firm. She needs to tone everything way down.

Plus, Gizelle was so completely unfazed, sipping on her specialty cocktail. 

27 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Love this entire post and agree 100%, and that last part is SO spot on. I can't imagine her as a professor OR a commentator on CNN. She looks absurd with this new persona and those big nasty bolt-ons, and I'm glad she's being called out as the inauthentic fame whoring nitwit she is. You don't get to bark about your four degrees and portray yourself as an activist for social change when your disgusting bolt-ons are spilling out of your clothes and you're screeching like a chickenhead on Bad Girls Club or the Maury Show. Silly poseur. Your 15 minutes are almost up, Dr. Dumb Dumb.

You do not know how many women have told me they would love to have some of Robyn's hats.

Robyn is just not a go-getter and probably never has been. She was happy to be an NBA player's arm candy back in the day and now she is happy to be G's sidekick and collect a hefty paycheck.

Word on the street is that her depression is not Pandemic related. It is due to the fact that Juan spends more nights at his girlfriend's house than with her. I hope this is not true.

I agree that it is stupid that Wendy is risking her reputation as an academic for this stupid show. She sounded straight-up ratched last night.

I also hated that she took the bait and made a fool of herself. If she just laughed off the Eddie cheating rumors, she would have been fine with her supposed "Zen Wen" self. Now her crazy reaction makes it seem like the rumors are true. 

Wendy, if Ashley can laugh off her husband wanted to sleep with every man and woman on the planet except her...you should not be so pressed by some stupid rumors. The show is dirty and this is the way the game is played.

I expected better from Johns Hopkins.

Also, God bless you for thinking your husband is one of the sexiest men on the planet. Eddie is a nice-looking guy.

However, comparing him to Idris is like saying Tom Hanks looks exactly like Brad Pitt because they both happen to be white men.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, politichick said:

My friend had her eyes done about ten years ago and a face lift a few years ago.

She interviewed a lot of plastic surgeons in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills because she didn't want to look as though she had plastic surgery - she just wanted to look "refreshed" as the euphemism goes.

The plastic surgeon she ultimately chose said there was a difference in LA aesthetics and NY aesthetics to some extent because in LA (and I guess Atlanta) the look is to look very plasticized so that it is obvious. Of course there are people who have excellent subtle work like Jennifer Anniston or older women like Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren. Most of the women on RHONY (for example) have very good work done - I think all of them have had surgery as well as fillers etc. but they don't look freakish at all unlike Orange County housewives. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, amarante said:

My friend had her eyes done about ten years ago and a face lift a few years ago.

She interviewed a lot of plastic surgeons in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills because she didn't want to look as though she had plastic surgery - she just wanted to look "refreshed" as the euphemism goes.

The plastic surgeon she ultimately chose said there was a difference in LA aesthetics and NY aesthetics to some extent because in LA (and I guess Atlanta) the look is to look very plasticized so that it is obvious. Of course there are people who have excellent subtle work like Jennifer Anniston or older women like Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren. Most of the women on RHONY (for example) have very good work done - I think all of them have had surgery as well as fillers etc. but they don't look freakish at all unlike Orange County housewives. 

I think it is also a matter of "do you want to look like you refreshed or like a whole different person".

I used to think Kim K was gorgeous in her original exotic Armenian look.

Now, she looks like every other rich plastic woman over the age of 35 in Southern California.

Wendy still looks like Wendy in the face...I hope she keeps it that way.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think it is also a matter of "do you want to look like you refreshed or like a whole different person".

I used to think Kim K was gorgeous in her original exotic Armenian look.

Now, she looks like every other rich plastic woman over the age of 35 in Southern California.

Wendy still looks like Wendy in the face...I hope she keeps it that way.

Sure but it is chicken and egg because people seem to think that the purpose of plastic surgery is to have ridiculously fake bolt ones like Wendy has instead of a surgery that would actually enhance their beauty. 

In one of my posts, I wrote about my full set of caps which were deliberately selected to look natural and not bright white chiclets. And yet there is some much bad examples that people think that is the ideal. 

Same is true of nose jobs as the best nose jobs look completely natural but better snd might actually have a bit of imperfection where you don’t have to go to Michael Jackson extremes to be able to spot bas nose jobs that were deliberately selected and not just an unfortunate error. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, amarante said:

Sure but it is chicken and egg because people seem to think that the purpose of plastic surgery is to have ridiculously fake bolt ones like Wendy has instead of a surgery that would actually enhance their beauty. 

In one of my posts, I wrote about my full set of caps which were deliberately selected to look natural and not bright white chiclets. And yet there is some much bad examples that people think that is the ideal. 

Same is true of nose jobs as the best nose jobs look completely natural but better snd might actually have a bit of imperfection where you don’t have to go to Michael Jackson extremes to be able to spot bas nose jobs that were deliberately selected and not just an unfortunate error. 

I think the women who want to look "refreshed" have more confidence in themselves. They like themselves but just want to do a little tweak to look better.

The women that go the Michael Jackson/Kylie Jenner route (Mia is pretty but she is getting close to the danger zone) often think a different face/body will cure all their problems, which is never true.

Anyway, of course, any woman has the right to do what she wants with her face and body.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8

Wow, this episode felt extremely ugly.  Between the ganging up on and subsequently gaslighting Wendy it was very icky.  

It gave me a bad taste in my mouth for Gizelle the entire way around, but it really left a bad taste in my mouth for Robyn.  

I used to always say that, when push came to shove, Robyn was her own person with her own thoughts and the ability to stand up to Gizelle.  But her getting in with Gizelle to gang up on Wendy was ugly.  And then for Ashley, Gizelle and Robyn to gang up on her at that table was ugly. 

Gizelle knows full well that the way Wendy received the message was how she meant it and there wasn't any "misinterpretation" because of Wendy's "shit"  Gizelle could have had any part of that conversation in private with Wendy.  

I'm starting to see what people say about Gizelle just being miserable because she is coming off that way and SHE needs to own it and find some happiness.  

I had to laugh at Gizelle trying to school Robyn about business.  Robyn's business is growing at a reasonable pace.  When is the last time anyone saw AnyHue being sold anywhere?

I guess Ashley showed up and earned her paycheck.  She is so gross.  

But I'm proud of Wendy and I saw a little of the old Wendy last night.  She read Gizelle for filth.  She immediately sniffed out Ashleys faux concern trolling.  She stood up, three against one and I think she got the better of each and every one of them.  Robyn, at this point isn't worth the effort, but Wendy is right, she is desperate for a moment and I think she was just happy not to be the object of Gizelles scorn.  

• Love 12

Social media is eating Gizelle and Robyn up and are overwhelmingly team Wendy; so am I.  Robyn and Gizelle are quintessential mean girls.  Robyn sickened me jumping in to speak for Gizelle even when it wasn't a necessarily contentious conversation.  Gizelle got her comeuppance with Wendy's reads.  Gizelle's affect or default is to act unbothered when she's getting read down.  I suppose that fools people into thinking she truly is unbothered, but she's the epitome of "she's gonna cry in the car".  Gizelle doesn't let people see her sweat which is actually a good strategy.  

Saying "don't get your ass whooped' is not the same as grabbing someone's hair, pulling their head down to a table and repeatedly landing punches.  I'm not getting the Wendy and Monique comparisons.  

They were gaslighting Wendy at dinner.  She was not combative at all, but they were attacking her which made her defensive then criticized her for being defensive.  I don't know what they want from her.  She paid for some procedures and wants to show off.

I'm sick of Mia flip flopping.  She goes with the wind and can't own her stripper past.

I'm enjoying a more mature Candiace this season.

• Love 11
On 8/22/2021 at 5:45 PM, Vanderboom said:

Mia of the Ever-changing Resumé doesn't know Wendy well enough to interject.

Today I learned that they have strippers at the Red Lobster.  

On 8/22/2021 at 8:11 PM, Steph J said:

I'm sure Wendy walked away from that conversation thinking that she won, but Gizelle was shit stirring in order to get a reaction and Wendy gave that to her and then some. Meanwhile, Gizelle is just sitting there, unbothered by being yelled at because she knows that she's the actual winner because she just proved her continuing value to the producers..

I almost always think that when Gizelle gets quiet its because she is DEEPLY bothered and someone threw a truth bomb at her. 

When Monique came at her with that binder, she just kinda sat there chewing the inside of her cheek because I think she knew there was a good chance that was Monique said was true and because Jamal is a toad, he didn't warn her about it.  

When it comes to Karen - an easy target - Gizelle can go ALL DAY LONG with her verbal sparring.  

But I think Gizelle gets quiet and tries to affect an air of being unbothered when she has been got so good that she cannot respond.  And Wendy went straight for the jugular and read her for filth.  You're out here trying to talk shit about people's marriages and how you got to do this and that to keep a fine ass man, all the while, you're settling for a man who is out there sleeping with anything in Baltimore with a warm hole and bringing that to your daughters.  Wendy was right.  If Gizelle wants to make a good relationship and a man the prize then Gizelle STAYS losing.  

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think the women who want to look "refreshed" have more confidence in themselves. They like themselves but just want to do a little tweak to look better.

The women that go the Michael Jackson/Kylie Jenner route (Mia is pretty but she is getting close to the danger zone) often think a different face/body will cure all their problems, which is never true.

Anyway, of course, any woman has the right to do what she wants with her face and body.

I agree with your post except regarding Mia as she has gone over and looks awful from certain angles. 

Might be a combination of lighting and HD television. There was a really funny episode of 30 Rock where the show had just gone into HD and every time one of the characters passed the HD camera they turned into ghouls and zombies. 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️😂😂😂😂 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Maximona said:

Katie is biracial.  Katie's problem with the GEB was they looked more biracial than she did but they both have 2 black parents. The GEBs' problem with Katie is she is biracial but does not look biracial.  The show's problem is many of the viewers did not like this franchise when it came on because the majority of the cast was either light skinned, biracial or both.

5 hours ago, HotHW said:

What Candice fails to realize is that without those blogs, all of these HWs lose their spotlight easily. Because really do any of them have storylines interesting enough to carry a season? Wait till some tidbit drops online about Mia, she'll go from irrelevant (now) to either superstar or villain in a flash. Candixe just cant stand the shining light on her sad little life so she fights it.

Candiace's issue was 1) the blog that was promoting the rumors about the RHOP cast was the one Gizelle & Ashley decided to bring on the show and 2) many of the blogs ran a coordinated smear campaign against Candiace, so no she's not going to rock with "blogs."

1 hour ago, amarante said:

The plastic surgeon she ultimately chose said there was a difference in LA aesthetics and NY aesthetics to some extent because in LA (and I guess Atlanta) the look is to look very plasticized so that it is obvious.

Wendy probably went to the same booty doctors in the Dominican Republic that everyone else is going to.

28 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

Saying "don't get your ass whooped' is not the same as grabbing someone's hair, pulling their head down to a table and repeatedly landing punches.  I'm not getting the Wendy and Monique comparisons. 

The reason Monique is being compared to Wendy is Wendy lectured Monique last season about Monique making black women look like violent thugs and she should be using her words but when the rubber hit the road, Wendy is telling Gizelle not to let her ass get whooped.  What happened to talking it out? What happened to not making black women look like fighting thugs on national TV?

Wendy can't lecture Monique about making black women look like violent thugs on national tv (because she was trying to kiss the GEB's asses) then the very next season threaten to whoop somebody's ass (because she realized the GEB were only out for themselves). 

A large part of the problem isn't Gizelle & Robyn, it's how the rest of the current cast revolves their worlds around Gizelle & Robyn. Ray had to tell Karen to please stop talking about Gizelle.  We didn't see Katie or Charrisse trying to pledge GEB ...then again, neither one of them are on the show anymore.

Nobody (including Karen) is coming at or for the GEB as equals; they all come at Gizelle as inferiors to be judged and approved by her.  She receives this energy and acts accordingly...

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, amarante said:

I agree with your post except regarding Mia as she has gone over and looks awful from certain angles. 

Might be a combination of lighting and HD television. There was a really funny episode of 30 Rock where the show had just gone into HD and every time one of the characters passed the HD camera they turned into ghouls and zombies. 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️😂😂😂😂 

And Kenneth the Page turned into a Muppet!

What I do not understand about Mia is that here is a woman who spent thousands on surgeries (Including vaginal rejuvenation) but seems to have done nothing to correct her skin.

I don't want to be cruel but surely someone with her money could have fixed her skin issues.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, byrd said:

Robyn is not using common sense. You can't depend on a Bravo check, this is her chance to build her little empire.  

13 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Growing too fast is a bigger mistake than growing too slowly IMO.  

Gizelle parlayed her popularity into a makeup brand and while she got a contract with Target, she would have give up total control on where they placed it, how they marketed it and if they really put any money into selling it.  

Now, AnyHue is NoHue, because its not carried anywhere to my knowledge.  

Had Gizelle taken a little more time and grown her brand, had she made a few tweaks, maybe worked with the shades, maybe done more with influencers and grown her business a little more in the garage stage she might have a solid business now.  Instead she has nothing.  Robyn is growing her business slowly, she gets it mentioned every season and she has more demand than supply.  

I didn't think TJ Maxx was the first line for any retailer.  I also think that brick and mortar is dying a fast death, especially in the pandemic.  I cannot imagine going into a macys for a ball cap.  I think she'd be better off working with like amazon.  

13 hours ago, DanielleBowden said:

No one believes Wendy's transformation is coming from a positive place and no one believes that Gizelle, Robyn & Ashley are coming from a place of genuine concern.  

Exactly this.  I believe that this is what people call concern trolling.  it was very clearly not anything from a genuine place of concern.  

13 hours ago, Boofish said:

If anything, much like Vicki, Wendy may have read a few comments and let those get to her and thought she needed some work. F

That includes the outfit she wore for the bus ride to Virginia. They were not on their way to church. Making other people feel like shitake mushrooms is how Gizelle earns her check. 

I totally agree and think this applies both to Wendy's new "pop off" personality as well as her boobs.  

People said she was boring and talked too much about her degrees.  Now she is talks in tee shirt catch phrases.  I feel like she is about to tell someone its "wine o'clock"

I think I saw shades of old Wendy tonight and I was here for it. 

4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

And Kenneth the Page turned into a Muppet!

What I do not understand about Mia is that here is a woman who spent thousands on surgeries (Including vaginal rejuvenation) but seems to have done nothing to correct her skin.

I don't want to be cruel but surely someone with her money could have fixed her skin issues.

Your comment reminds me of this episode of golden girls where Blanche comes back from a reunion devastated because everyone else had plastic surgery.  

She is excitedly naming all the things she is going to do, she is going to get her tummy tucked, her breasts lifted, her thighs thinned and as god is her witness!  

As she storms out of the room, the other women sit in silence until Sophia says "seems a shame to do all that work and keep the same hairstyle"

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I'm enjoying a more mature Candiace this season.

It seems as if going to a real, off-screen therapist was a good idea. I hope Wendy does the same. I liked that she was having none of the concern-trolling but hated that she resorted to threats. The asskicking comments made Wendy look out of control. If there is one (and ONLY one) thing we can learn from Gizelle, it's how to keep your composure in the face of confrontation.

Another thing that bothers me is that The Conversation keeps calling out Wendy as being insecure as if that's a new and special flaw. We're all insecure about something; it's pretty much a part of being human. Wendy's response to her insecurities, though, is problematic. It's as if she's flailing around for an identity, which brings me back to my earlier point that she could probably work this out in therapy. If Wendy wants to be a Housewife character, then she should have tried for the Greek Chorus Smartass, like early-season Bethenny of RHONY.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I didn't think TJ Maxx was the first line for any retailer. 

My understanding is that TJ Maxx is a high-end liquidator.  Meaning they don't buy stock that didn't sell at other stores, but they do buy stock from manufacturers that those manufacturers can't push to other stores as well as from department stores that over-buy.  

So, as a first-run outlet?  If I owned a fledgling clothing business, I would definitely not want to strike a deal with TJ Maxx!  😊

And Macy's just seems like the wrong demographic.

I dunno.  I actually think Robyn's best retail partner might be Target if she can get the operational costs associated with manufacturing down.  Target's actually made a formal commitment to spend more than $2 billion with Black-owned businesses by the end of 2025:  https://corporate.target.com/press/releases/2021/04/Target-Commits-to-Spending-More-Than-2-Billion-wit

I guess I'm out of synch with most of the posters here, but Robyn remains my favorite housewife because she is so unlike the other housewives with their manufactured storylines, and general idiocy and posing.  I lost a business in 2008; I can totally relate to her remark about signing up to do surveys because that's the only way she could get $$$ to feed her family.  Failure, bankruptcy, and the like do change people (unless you're Donald Trump, I guess); you do get scared to try again.  Learning how to fly again is a remarkable narrative, and it''s too bad that Bravo doesn't consider it a storyline equal to bolting big, new, Wendy-tits on your chest or the oh-so-boring Gizelle/Karen feud.  

'Cause you gotta know, it's alll in the editing.  If Bravo had decided to edit Robyn to be interesting, you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off her.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Maximona said:

My understanding is that TJ Maxx is a high-end liquidator.  Meaning they don't buy stock that didn't sell at other stores, but they do buy stock from manufacturers that those manufacturers can't push to other stores as well as from department stores that over-buy.  

So, as a first-run outlet?  If I owned a fledgling clothing business, I would definitely not want to strike a deal with TJ Maxx!  😊

I dunno.  I actually think Robyn's best retail partner might be Target if she can get the operational costs associated with manufacturing down.  Target's actually made a formal commitment to spend more than $2 billion with Black-owned businesses by the end of 2025:  https://corporate.target.com/press/releases/2021/04/Target-Commits-to-Spending-More-Than-2-Billion-wit

I guess I'm out of synch with most of the posters here, but Robyn remains my favorite housewife because she is so unlike the other housewives with their manufactured storylines, and general idiocy and posing.  I lost a business in 2008; I can totally relate to her remark about signing up to do surveys because that's the only way she could get $$$ to feed her family.  Failure, bankruptcy, and the like do change people (unless you're Donald Trump, I guess); you do get scared to try again.  Learning how to fly again is a remarkable narrative, and it''s too bad that Bravo doesn't consider it a storyline equal to bolting big, new, Wendy-tits on your chest or the oh-so-boring Gizelle/Karen feud.  

'Cause you gotta know, it's alll in the editing.  If Bravo had decided to edit Robyn to be interesting, you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off her.

I like Robyn, but she does need to get her act together, which I truly hopes she does, especially if as someone above posted Juan is back to his cheating ways. Also, she should expand the line to include berets. I would totally buy that. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

That's the part where I said to the screen, "oh honey, stop. I'm embarrassed for you." I was so confused when she talked about Gizelle wanting to fuck Eddie because I was like, "say what now?" Only to see the producer's clip showing Gizelle talking about wanting to bang Idris Elba like many other women (not me. Love you Idris but you're not my type). But because Wendy has decided in her mind Eddie's an Idris doppelganger, girlfriend said Gizelle wants to fuck her husband. Um, okay then... 

I thought the same thing, it seemed like a stretch for Wendy to think that Gizelle wanting to bang Idris means she secretly wants to bang Eddie. Kind of like the whole "Gizelle wished death on Ray" comment that Karen is continuing to suck the life out of. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Maximona said:

Up until this last episode I would have totally agreed with you about robyn.  She was my favorite, because of her authenticity and willingness to be open. 

Mia is "fake authentic" IMO.  Like telling everyone about clit surgery, but can't be honest about her age, her husband's age, her job or her business.  

3 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I thought the same thing, it seemed like a stretch for Wendy to think that Gizelle wanting to bang Idris means she secretly wants to bang Eddie. Kind of like the whole "Gizelle wished death on Ray" comment that Karen is continuing to suck the life out of. 

I had to laugh because now Karen is of the opinion that gizelle owes her CHILDREN an apology.  

I guarantee those kids didn't care about that comment.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

It seems as if going to a real, off-screen therapist was a good idea. I hope Wendy does the same. I liked that she was having none of the concern-trolling but hated that she resorted to threats. The asskicking comments made Wendy look out of control. If there is one (and ONLY one) thing we can learn from Gizelle, it's how to keep your composure in the face of confrontation.

Another thing that bothers me is that The Conversation keeps calling out Wendy as being insecure as if that's a new and special flaw. We're all insecure about something; it's pretty much a part of being human. Wendy's response to her insecurities, though, is problematic. It's as if she's flailing around for an identity, which brings me back to my earlier point that she could probably work this out in therapy. If Wendy wants to be a Housewife character, then she should have tried for the Greek Chorus Smartass, like early-season Bethenny of RHONY.

LOL, I barely got Wendy's ass kicking remarks because it was bleeped out and closed captioning as basically a long row of asterisks.

I would agree that resorting to threats of violence is a bridge too far and makes Wendy look out of control. 

But I still think she did a pretty great job reading gizelle for filth and putting Ashley in her place and dismissing robyn.  

Three against one (and four sometimes with mia) was very ugly dynamic.  

Especially when all of them are sitting there gaslighting her.  

And while I don't think anything of it, I absolutely think someone is going to point out that it was all light skinned women coming for Wendy and how bad those optics can be. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I love listening to Alexander Rodgers, he is always spot on about all the girls.

Unfortunately I listened to this on my ride to work this morning….he is a straight up fool, he cracks me up when he pronounces Beaky’s name.

Thanks for posting this. I'm always looking for good snark videos or podcasts.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Had Gizelle taken a little more time and grown her brand, had she made a few tweaks, maybe worked with the shades, maybe done more with influencers and grown her business a little more in the garage stage she might have a solid business now.  Instead she has nothing.

Gizelle is coming out with a lash brand so she's not even thinking about EveryHue anymore.  The problem for EveryHue is it probably never should have come out in the first place. They should've done some research as to what else was going on and then scrapped it.  EveryHue was a great idea but Rihanna did it better and both makeup lines came out in 2017.

Robyn's hat line is a better idea because nobody else is really selling satin lined caps for women with kinky/curly hair.

1 hour ago, Maximona said:

I guess I'm out of synch with most of the posters here, but Robyn remains my favorite housewife because she is so unlike the other housewives with their manufactured storylines, and general idiocy and posing.  I lost a business in 2008; I can totally relate to her remark about signing up to do surveys because that's the only way she could get $$$ to feed her family. 

Robyn is the most relatable which is one of the real reasons people want her kicked off the show.

28 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I thought the same thing, it seemed like a stretch for Wendy to think that Gizelle wanting to bang Idris means she secretly wants to bang Eddie.

I always look for the little unnoticed things.  Perhaps Wendy was taking out her frustrations on Mia because she had a deep dislike/distrust/uneasiness about Gizelle all along.  But she couldn't take it out or take it up with Gizelle because she was kissing Gizelle's ass so she took it out on Mia instead.  I'm sorry, you don't deliver the kind of read Wendy delivered to Gizelle without having those feelings about her (and Robyn) all along.

27 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I had to laugh because now Karen is of the opinion that gizelle owes her CHILDREN an apology.

Karen, Wendy, Monique, etc do not care about Gizelle's kids and had/have no problem attacking these girls' father/father figure, so she shouldn't give one solitary f*k about their kids or their kids feelings. #sorrynotsorry

16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And while I don't think anything of it, I absolutely think someone is going to point out that it was all light skinned women coming for Wendy and how bad those optics can be.

Which is why social media is Team Wendy because she's giving those light skinned bitches the business.  The complexion issue has always been the underlying issue with this show from Day 1 as well as socioeconomic/class issues because quiet as it's kept many people were on Team Monique because Monique comes from a more relatable background to the audience and they enjoyed every minute of seeing someone like them beat up a pretentious wannabe bougie crybaby bitch like Candiace.  It's actually fascinating to observe.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Maximona said:

I guess I'm out of synch with most of the posters here, but Robyn remains my favorite housewife because she is so unlike the other housewives with their manufactured storylines, and general idiocy and posing.  

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Up until this last episode I would have totally agreed with you about robyn.  She was my favorite, because of her authenticity and willingness to be open. 

You are not alone. I've been rocking with Robyn from the beginning for this reason. She would be my favorite if she weren't so tightly tethered to Gizelle. I think that Robyn has the potential to be a serious fan favorite if they would let her shine the way she deserves. 

The people who I know who watch Atlanta and don't watch Potomac say they don't watch because they thought the women were pretentious and stuck up. They gave up on the show season 1 and some of season 2. The direction of the show has sort of changed. Everyone expected Potomac to be Atlanta 2.0 and it's not, but I wouldn't like Potomac if it were. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Personally, for me season 2 was when this show clicked for me and became good. Season 1 was just...meh.

That's because when they filmed Season 1, the cast didn't know it was going to be a Housewives franchise.  It was originally supposed to be about Jack & Jill Moms (Karen, Gizelle, Robyn & Charrisse all had/have kids in Jack & Jill) but the Jack & Jill Organization was like "Do not put our names in your mouth."

When the Jack & Jill idea got scrapped, that's when they added Katie (who was all up in the socialite blogs of the early 00s --and the original reason I started watching this show) and Ashley.

That's why Season 1 was heavy on "Etiquette" and "Social Rules" and Karen & Charrisse coming down on Gizelle for not being as classy and elegant as they were.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Gizelle starting a lash line is almost as stupid as Wendy starting a candle line. 

Where is this even coming from?  Gizelle is going to become the Phaedra Parks of Potomac.

I feel like whatever those two last touched they decide to recreate with their own brand, so random and not needed, walk down the candle aisle at Home Goods, there are tons of brands, tons...fake eyelashes are everywhere, (I do not understand the exaggerated two inch long lashes people are wearing these days, I could see if they were walking the red carpet in Hollywood but daylight at the Walmart?).  

There is some sort of syndrome that HW's have, they flit from idea to idea, they get halfway involved then you never hear about that project again. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Regarding Wendy's boobs. Do we know how old they were at the time of filming and whether she had a combination surgery of lift + implants?

Generally, it can take months for the breasts to soften and drop to a natural position. That also depends on how much the person is keeping up the massage advice from their doctor/nurse.

I wonder about a lift because Wendy's seem unnaturally high and I can't tell if that's because she does push up tops even though they are already augmented.  It's a strange look because generally women who have had children get a more natural looking bust because the skin is not as tight. Wendy's boobs at the time of filming give me a black Pam Anderson aesthetic that has been out of vogue for years.

Regarding the action, I think Ashley was kicked for being the messenger this time. These shows need fodder for storyline. Ashley has taken her turn as the subject so, I didn't necessarily need her to be cursed out for bringing the info today. I also don't recall Wendy having a particular amount of gentleness with others last season other than kissing up to Gizelle so, I didn't feel much sympathy for her with this.

However, I do love to see Gizelle forced to shut up and take a well-deserved tongue lashing so, it's a wash for me. Additionally, I have never been a big fan of Robin and her performance as the Gretchen Wieners of this show. 

A more strategically verbal Candiace is always appreciated. 

I want Karen to "get her some business" as my grand mother used to say because that grudge about Ray death talk is getting old.

Mia was unneeded this episode and I am undecided on Askale. Maybe if she has some cute kids to be shown or a life of some sort, I will be interested later.

Edited by red12
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, red12 said:

Wendy's boobs at the time of filming give me a black Pam Anderson aesthetic that has been out of vogue for years.

Well she did say something about having a Baywatch moment as she got out of the pool.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Gizelle starting a lash line is almost as stupid as Wendy starting a candle line. 

Gizelle starting a lash line makes more sense than Wendy starting a candle line because Gizelle's brand is "Pretty Face."  However, she's making the same mistake with the lashes as she did with EveryHue: there are already a ton of lashes out there, you can go to any CVS or Target and pick up some..

Wendy starting a candle line claiming she wants to be the black Martha Stewart makes no sense because Martha (or B. Smith) didn't start her empire with candles, she was ironing & cooking & organizing.  People turned into Martha & subscribed to her magazine because they wanted to know how she was running her house.  THEN the product lines came.  We don't see Wendy ironing, cooking, cleaning or organizing around her house. So why would we buy a candle from Wendy? What makes it different from all the other candles you can go to Target, Marshalls or Bath & Body Works Semi Annual Sale to get? Will it have unique African or Nigerian scents? Or will it just smell like vanilla or pumpkin spice with an African print label slapped on the jar?

What is your brand? Do you even know?  And if you don't, isn't it foolhardy to put out any product before finding out?

35 minutes ago, red12 said:

Regarding Wendy's boobs. Do we know how old they were at the time of filming and whether she had a combination surgery of lift + implants?

I think she had come fresh from the doctor because Karen & Askale were taking Wendy's luggage to her room so she wouldn't have to lift anything or exert herself.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

That's because when they filmed Season 1, the cast didn't know it was going to be a Housewives franchise.  It was originally supposed to be about Jack & Jill Moms (Karen, Gizelle, Robyn & Charrisse all had/have kids in Jack & Jill) but the Jack & Jill Organization was like "Do not put our names in your mouth."

When the Jack & Jill idea got scrapped, that's when they added Katie (who was all up in the socialite blogs of the early 00s --and the original reason I started watching this show) and Ashley.

That's why Season 1 was heavy on "Etiquette" and "Social Rules" and Karen & Charrisse coming down on Gizelle for not being as classy and elegant as they were.

Bwah! Oh, God yes! I remember hearing about this and DYING LAUGHING thinking about the sophisticated and accomplished members of Jack and Jill hearing that they were going to be affiliated with some silly, fame-whoring rubes on a Bravo show! 🤣 I KNEW that would be short-lived.

• LOL 6