Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

(edited)

1202925197_Screenshot2021-06-30at20_43_28.thumb.png.e5e671a9e845b5b7afb8201b1dbc47c1.png

1. Cayley
  2. Melanie
  3. Presley
  4. Jensen
  5. Amber
  6. Ashlinn
  7. KayDianna
  8. Tori
  9. Madeline Salter
  10. Kylie
  11. Kelee
  12. Christina
Edited by Pau84
I cant seem to find Amanda
  • Useful 9
  • Love 15
(edited)

547800793_Screenshot2021-06-30at20_43_49.thumb.png.943ef7ae547dbda7918f7a95815458ef.png

1. Tyra
  2. Erin
  3. Bre
  4. Kya
  5. Amanda
  6. Rebecca
  7. Madisyn
  8. Ava
  9. Kleine (always connecting)
  10. Lea
  11. Ashley
  12. Megan
  13. Jordann

Edited by Pau84
Thanks HitItHarder..BAM
  • Useful 9
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Daphne seems nice but quite a blender to me. If they didn’t do the fake graduation thing her rookie year, I’m not sure I would have remembered her. 

Yeah I never cared for Daphne either, I do have a really small soft spot for her tho for some other reason, but I always feel bad whenever an injury holds back anyone. I think 3 years is a good time for Daphne cause aside from just being on show group, I never felt she’d get anything more than that. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

'downgrade'...? i was pointing out how kelli always complains about people using DCC as a 'stepping stone' (which i don't care about; it's cheerleading with a ridiculously short shelf life) but while amanda is probably the most blatant example of it we've ever seen, it didn't seem to affect her making the team at all, while madeline s. almost got chewed out for daring to have even vague aspirations beyond DCC

The difference is that Amanda has had a modicum of Hollywood success that Kelli will exploit if at all possible.

A Nickelodeon pilot and a favorite "Face Off" model (I've watched every season of that show, the contestants LOVED Amanda for her huge expressive eyes and ability to be whatever the make-up called for) might not sound like much, but it's more of a resume than most DCC achieve, especially BEFORE they join the squad.

Madeline S. has no resume whatsoever, and she dared to admit that DCC wasn't the apex of her dreams. We all know KellFine can't have that admitted to on camera, so Madeline was used as an object lesson.

Just watch. If Amanda really did get a Hollywood gig that has some actual visability, Kelli will do everything she can to get her back as a guest judge and 'showmanship mentor'.

Edited by An Offt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, INKWTWH said:

Hmmm... she has a post about excessive caloric deficit and overtraining. There may be something to that rumour. 

From her insta:

"ranging from 1.5-2 hours of cardio per day. On top of over an hour of strength training, one hour sauna session daily, 2 hour dance classes/practice. In the gym twice a day 7 days out of the week. Eating about 1,200 cals a day"

Who has that kind of time in their day?  Is she coaching these classes?  If not, I don't understand how she does it.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Who has that kind of time in their day?  Is she coaching these classes?  If not, I don't understand how she does it.

My impression of her post was that that was what she was doing as a DCC and she has since increased her calories and cut down gym time and still looks amazing. But that was my interpretation - she didn't say that explicitly.

It very much fits into the idea that DCC is actually a full time job. I can see why some (most?) women would find that overwhelming. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, INKWTWH said:

Hmmm... she has a post about excessive caloric deficit and overtraining. There may be something to that rumour. 

From her insta:

"ranging from 1.5-2 hours of cardio per day. On top of over an hour of strength training, one hour sauna session daily, 2 hour dance classes/practice. In the gym twice a day 7 days out of the week. Eating about 1,200 cals a day"

Personally, I think Taylor is full of it. If eating more & working out less is better, why didn't she do that as a DCC? Or at least try it? She loves to come across as some kind of fitness expert, but it seems to me that she doesn't know nearly as much as she pretends to.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

1202925197_Screenshot2021-06-30at20_43_28.thumb.png.e5e671a9e845b5b7afb8201b1dbc47c1.png

1. Cayley
  2. Melanie
  3. Presley
  4. Jensen
  5. Amber
  6. Ashlinn
  7. KayDianna
  8. Tori
  9. Madeline Salter
  10. Kylie
  11. Kelee
  12. Christina

37 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

547800793_Screenshot2021-06-30at20_43_49.thumb.png.943ef7ae547dbda7918f7a95815458ef.png

1. Tyra
  2. Erin
  3. Bre
  4. Kya
  5. Amanda
  6. Rebecca
  7. Madisyn
  8. Ava
  9. Kleine (always connecting)
  10. Lea
  11. Ashley
  12. Megan
  13. Jordann

Thank you! 

I love posts like these. One of the reasons why I still keep coming here. The dedication many members here have to making sure fans get names and faces of those involved with the process is so great!

Edited by Lona
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Kelli makes me laugh. You cannot be a DCC forever so of course, these women will have ambitions further down the line! Fine, all DCC from now on will have to be there until they're 30 and then have zero back-up plans. 

The scene when Kitty was in studio and they talked to Cersten about her medical school plans. On camera, they were all 'we value education and bettering yourself' but I'm sure they were fairly pissed that someone had plans fairly imminently. 

My impression was MTT was using Cersten’s story like, oooh look the DCC has a doctor now - we are so exclusive and desired that we get the cream of the crop to audition.

Sidenote, but Cersten never became a doctor according to her Instagram. She’s a surgical tech and medical assistant (MA). Or her IG is way out of date?

9F764A59-A690-4CCA-A970-8B4812FDBEA4.jpeg

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, filishtay said:

Yeah I never cared for Daphne either, I do have a really small soft spot for her tho for some other reason, but I always feel bad whenever an injury holds back anyone. I think 3 years is a good time for Daphne cause aside from just being on show group, I never felt she’d get anything more than that. 

I am a bit neutral on Daphne but feel really bad this has happened. I wish all DCC could have the tenure they desire and not be cut as a veteran or forced out due to injury.

Why do some DCC stay with an injury and others have to quit or retire? Is it all timing? If you can’t do training camp you are out? If your injury happens during the season you are ok? Brooke Sorensen seems like the only one given a pass on TC while injured, and briefly Jinelle when she was hospitalized in Australia. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jen3mom said:

Season 16!

A5099323-3DDF-48F9-BDF1-68BA6313B843.jpeg

Sorry that white "carpet" (is it carpet they are sitting on?) looks like a half finished renovation job where the builder was just " oh yea I'm a cowboy builder (excuse the pun but here in the uk we call it cowboy X or Y depending on the job like this) and oh sorry I am scamming y'all and I aint finishing it so I'm leaving a massive hole in the middle and hten doing a bunker and leaving you with a half finished site" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

She transferred from wherever she was going in Mexico to UNLV. I wonder why they don't brag about other former DCC who became doctors. Dr. Jill Waggoner comes to mind. I loved her look!

image.png.68f793faf8ef2230666769a6331d1b70.png

For the same reason that Kelli FAILS to mention that she was NOT THE ONLY ONE to have given a walk onto the squad without trying out. She likes to pick and chooses who she wants to SHINE.

2 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

Milan spoke out about how Kitty ripped into her about not trying out for Show Group because she didn't have time with college. Then the show spun it like she was sad about not being able to try out when she was actually emotional over being yelled at.  Can't let the truth get in the way of the brand. 

2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Kelli makes me laugh. You cannot be a DCC forever so of course, these women will have ambitions further down the line! Fine, all DCC from now on will have to be there until they're 30 and then have zero back-up plans. 

The scene when Kitty was in studio and they talked to Cersten about her medical school plans. On camera, they were all 'we value education and bettering yourself' but I'm sure they were fairly pissed that someone had plans fairly imminently. 

Sometimes I also worked out pretty much when the Minchew sisters tried out. The girls knew they have their titles to defend and thought they could make it work. Same as Kelli, Judy and Charlotte and the rest of the judges, they knew they were pagent queens and have their titles that year.

I am not going to defend the two girls for their actions. But Kelli and Charlotte have been "harping on" about wanting educated women in the squad and they EXPECT and want the girls to have a full time job or be in college. Even when the show started they were making that clear thats expected of all the girls. So I think the Minchew sisters thought they could try make it work and that Kelli and Judy would at least COMPROMISE with them on the final month or 2 of their pageant that year.

Sometimes I wonder about the girls who are teachers. What if they have parents evening (during the weekday) and DCC have a function during the day and/or the evening. How the hell does Kelli and Judy expect those who are teachers to GIVE UP the parents evening? Esp if they are the MAIN teacher in that class? I remember asking Shelly that one day and the VAGUE answer she gave was we work around it because we want the girls to have full time jobs or be in full time education etc. But yet theres the proof that the management DOES NOT compromise with the girls at all.

Milan said in her podcast she had a few exams during the calendar and had to talk her teachers around that she wasn't trying to get out of her final exams etc. Sorry but I would say the exams IS MORE IMPORTANT than the calendar shoot. If Milan's teachers was smart they would watch the show and would know that she actually went on calendar shoot etc ......... If I was still in school and did that my teachers here in the uk would not be impressed and would say the exams was more important and that going abroad for a calendar for my employers is not "work" and they would kick me out of uni if I was to choose between the two etc

• Love 10
On 6/28/2021 at 5:21 PM, ShutterbugCAM said:

Yes. I was swayed by the clues that others put together about Daphne and her injury. I really can't see anyone else being a possibility. This is pure speculation by me, but I feel that Rachel W. probably wants solo point, so I don't think she'd be the one leaving.

I thought for sure Maddie would be a 6 or 7 year girl. And also thought she wouldn't want to go out after a year like last year, but maybe her injury influenced her decision. I think we may see it sometime in the future, but I don't think anyone on the current squad would do more than 5.

I always thought that about Maddie too but I saw on maddies tik tok (I think in a comment) that she wants to move to California to pursue dance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

From her insta:

Nice work if you can get it!!  I mean who is paying this girls bills???????

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Opine said:

Nice work if you can get it!!  I mean who is paying this girls bills???????

<coughs> HER PARENTS (still!!!) 

Jokes aside isnt dance classes expensive when done regularly? Not so if its done once a week for an hour or so ....

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Emchammy said:

Again, I didn’t make this so please don’t shoot the messenger if it’s wrong but apparently it’s the up to date cuts. 

F59183A0-D055-4F64-9157-A2F0E5BED2AE.jpeg

Nine more cuts then to get to 36?

Ouch, that’s a lot!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Nine more cuts then to get to 36?

Ouch, that’s a lot!

These are my top 11 that should make the team:

1. Ava Lahey (avamarielahey)
  2. Ashlinn Maze (ashlinnmaze)
  3. Madeline Salter (mmadeline.grace_)
  4. Tori Skillings (toriskillings)
  5. Amber Laiche (amberlaiche)
  6. Jordann Huppert (jordannhuppert)
  7. KayDianna Davis (kaydiannamackenzie)
  8. Christina Ostovich (christinaostovich)
  9. Kelee Norris (xkmnx)
  10. Kylie Dickson (kylie_dickson)
  11. Kleine Powell (kleinepowelll)

This is of course, before I have seen them in action (except the former TCC's).

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

It’s not my intention to start another discussion on refusing or taking vaccinations but I would like to share a little something about me with you guys.

I am very much a pro-vaxer. I am also someone who developed a severe side-effect after a shot with Pandremix (against the Swine flu) For personal reasons, I will not elaborate on this any further. 
After a long period of contemplation, I decided to get my Corona shot. That wasn’t easy. I was scared because it is another new vaccine that was implemented with remarkable speed and thus had less testing than other vaccines.

So, in a way I do understand some of the reasons why people choose not to have one, which is not the same as agreeing with this btw. Amanda is still Amanda to me, and I won’t think less of her for refusing. 

But it didn't have less testing; it wasn't an overnight/fly by the seat of your pants thing/throw it out there deal. This type of vaccine had been in the works for at least a decade.  Dr. Fauci discussed it.   

• Love 20
On 6/29/2021 at 2:41 PM, hannahbanana said:

Another insider also said something along the lines of "her actions/immaturity caught up with her and she chose to walk away rather than apologize" (don't remember the poster or exact wording without going back to look it up).

Given that, I don't think it's a health crisis (mental or physical)/parental divorce/etc. Sounds to me like she got caught up in something and chose to walk away until it dies down.

A pure guess: she's so twitterpated, she started choosing boyfriend over DCC, possibly showing up late or blowing off DCC things (practices, etc). When it got back to Kelli, Kelli didn't like it. Rather than apologize & put DCC back on top priority, VK chose to "take a year off" -- again a pure guess, but given the "she chose not to apologize post," I'm thinking along these lines.

Oh, now that's interesting. I hadn't heard about Victoria's actions or immaturity catching up with her, but that wouldn't be shocking if it's true. She does seem like the type that would get all caught up in a relationship and would put hanging out with him above everything else.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

<coughs> HER PARENTS (still!!!) 

Jokes aside isnt dance classes expensive when done regularly? Not so if its done once a week for an hour or so ....

I believe dance classes or dance in general is pretty expensive. I’m a cheer mom and cheer is pretty expensive so that’s why I say dance is along those lines expensive 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Wicked Biscuit said:

Just wanted to add - we are damned lucky that the virus that caused a pandemic happened to be one that researchers have been working on vaccines for over the last 10 years. The whole point of emerging infectious disease work is to be prepared for new infectious diseases that make the jump into humans and spread like covid19 did (or SARS, or MERS, or West Nile, or swine flu, or the many, many examples you can find in history books). Unfortunately, it's hard to convince funding agencies or the people who hold the purse strings to fund the basic research necessary to create vaccines and treatments for viruses that don't seem to be an immediate threat. They didn't rush the research - we got lucky. (Disclosure: I'm an epidemiologist.)

As for the auditions and training camp this year, while I am thrilled to see they are doing much of the training outside (ventilation is important), I can't imagine how hard it must be to learn all the dances without mirrors! 

The stadium is indoors not outside 

3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

My impression was MTT was using Cersten’s story like, oooh look the DCC has a doctor now - we are so exclusive and desired that we get the cream of the crop to audition.

Sidenote, but Cersten never became a doctor according to her Instagram. She’s a surgical tech and medical assistant (MA). Or her IG is way out of date?

9F764A59-A690-4CCA-A970-8B4812FDBEA4.jpeg

Its out of date.... she's in her 4th year of med school in Vegas.

• Useful 2
On 6/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, hannahbanana said:

ather than apologize & put DCC back on top priority, VK chose to "take a year off" -- again a pure guess, but given the "she chose not to apologize post," I'm thinking along these lines

Like OH. MY. GOD. She’s like sooo brave!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
Just now, MrsNiniG said:

Doesn’t AT&T Stadium have a retractable roof?

It does but they would not retract the roof this time of year. The weather has to be pretty much perfect for them to do that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, MrsNiniG said:

Doesn’t AT&T Stadium have a retractable roof?

Yeah but I’m not sure if it’s opened up for them or if they are keeping it closed 

1 minute ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

It does but they would not retract the roof this time of year. The weather has to be pretty much perfect for them to do that. 

Aka 70 degrees lol 😂 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah but I’m not sure if it’s opened up for them or if they are keeping it closed 

Aka 70 degrees lol 😂 

So basically from the last week in October until the second week in November, if we are lucky. 😉 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Fwcowboysfan said:

So basically from the last week in October until the second week in November, if we are lucky. 😉 

Last season the first home game they had I went to it they had the whole stadium opened up the roof and the retractable doors on both ends 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Last season the first home game they had I went to it they had the whole stadium opened up the roof and the retractable doors on both ends 

That’s amazing! That must of been during the season known as false fall. It comes right before the second summer. 

Edited by Fwcowboysfan
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

That’s amazing! That must of been during the season known as false fall. It comes right before the second summer. 

I attended a night game at Arizona Diamondbacks stadium a couple of years ago in September...hot during the day but come game time the roof & windows were wide open with people in the pool! (There is a pool behind the left field fence)

1 hour ago, PamPamPam said:

But it didn't have less testing; it wasn't an overnight/fly by the seat of your pants thing/throw it out there deal. This type of vaccine had been in the works for at least a decade.  Dr. Fauci discussed it.   

There is no FDA approved vaccine to prevent covid-19 in the United States. 

From Moderna’s website: 

The Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA, under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) for use in individuals 18 years of age and older. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID‑19.

The injections are authorized for emergency use only. 

The Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine has been given an “estimated study completion date” of Jan. 31, 2023. For the COVID-19 vaccine created by Moderna, studies are expected to end on Oct. 27, 2022. 

There is a tremendous distinction between a choosing a hair style and requiring an experimental, medication injection as a term and condition of employment as a NFL cheerleader. 

An experimental medication injection that is approved for emergency use only and is still in trials. I can easily see why a young woman, whose statistical risk of death from covid is nearly zero, would have hesitancy to receive a jab with no long-term data on the side effects. What could it do her fertility long-term? 

Does the NFL require any other vaccinations for players or cheerleaders? Hepatitis? Seasonal influenza? Whooping cough? Why not?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, PamPamPam said:

Actually they’ve been working on mrna for 30 years. Had success with mice in the 90s. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 6/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Just leaving this here...no Amanda, Daphne or Kat among the Vets pictured😥😥😥 But I see Rachel W.!!IMG_20210629_194004.thumb.jpg.7f2c401d2e91f21751ce89749e1d0f8b.jpg

Maybe Amanda is in the bathroom?! You don't know!! Nobody knows!!😭  Ugh fine...I'll miss her. Just like with Hannah, I'm waiting patiently till the show airs so we can find out how this all goes down. Just hope it's a graceful exit. Glad Tori, Ashlinn, and Madeline S are still hanging in there. Surprised to also see that Amanda Howard got cut. I thought she was going to go much further. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

These are my top 11 that should make the team:

1. Ava Lahey (avamarielahey)
  2. Ashlinn Maze (ashlinnmaze)
  3. Madeline Salter (mmadeline.grace_)
  4. Tori Skillings (toriskillings)
  5. Amber Laiche (amberlaiche)
  6. Jordann Huppert (jordannhuppert)
  7. KayDianna Davis (kaydiannamackenzie)
  8. Christina Ostovich (christinaostovich)
  9. Kelee Norris (xkmnx)
  10. Kylie Dickson (kylie_dickson)
  11. Kleine Powell (kleinepowelll)

This is of course, before I have seen them in action (except the former TCC's).

Back to audition speculation 2021,  are K/J committed to letting all three comeback stories make the team this year? That's three blondes that all look similar. I don't think they've had makeovers yet. I'd volunteer for red if I were Kylie, Kleine or Ava - quick!

I also really like Ashley Williams and Megan McElaney (who doesn't love a girl who dances with her brother!). Tyra seems cute too. And of course Kelly will want to keep Rebecca Troyak because she will say at least a million times that she was on So you think you can dance.

Gonna be hard to choose, this might be the most talented group of TCC EVER!!!! (sarcasm intended - but maybe not 🤷‍♀️). Assuming vets are safe now that two left?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

And of course Kelly will want to keep Rebecca Troyak because she will say at least a million times that she was on So you think you can dance.

Gonna be hard to choose, this might be the most talented group of TCC EVER!!!! (sarcasm intended - but maybe not 🤷‍♀️). Assuming vets are safe now that two left?

Yeah, looking at Rebecca's IG I cannot fathom them cutting her!

I don't know if all the vets are safe. I hope so for 3rd years on up. I would like Kat and Kristin to have the tenure they desire and leave DCC happy and content. I don't think any other senior vets are in danger, but you never know - last year the Hannah cut sure threw a curve ball. 

The second year vets, we don't have much to go on. I feel like I have no idea if anyone in that group is truly safe. Part of me wants Alora Rose to have this major comeback and prove everyone wrong .... am I alone on this? Yes, I probably am.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Surprised to also see that Amanda Howard got cut. I thought she was going to go much further. 

Me too! Having GSW on her resume and the power she was showing at Jenn’s classes made me think she had a good shot at making it. Womp womp. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Me too! Having GSW on her resume and the power she was showing at Jenn’s classes made me think she had a good shot at making it. Womp womp. 

Probably just coincidence but Amanda was a GSW dancer and then cut from TC. And Kya was a Utah Jazz dancer and then cut from TC. I was surprised to see this.
The only other TCC that was a former pro team dancer I know of is Tori (Mavs). 
Any others left that aren't vets?

Also, where are all our Allen American Ice Angels and Dallas Ice Stars?
I miss round 1-3 of auditions 😕

• Love 9