Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

Erin was out of her element, I thought she might realize that given how strong the other candidates were.
Also, Kya. I am not sure she will try again either.

I always find it fascinating that we don't get to know if the re-audition and don't make TC. We only get to see what MTT shows to air, or what a candidate might divuldge on social media.

I think kya will when she was cut she went back to Utah and packed her stuff up and moved to Dallas 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Erin was out of her element, I thought she might realize that given how strong the other candidates were.
Also, Kya. I am not sure she will try again either.

I always find it fascinating that we don't get to know if the re-audition and don't make TC. We only get to see what MTT shows to air, or what a candidate might divuldge on social media.

You think she was particularly out of her depth, compared to people like Ashley or the other early cuts? She was good enough to get into TC. Maybe I need to watch again to know what you mean

Kya would be a stunner on the team, and I would love to see her on it, but I really don't think she has it or can have it. But who knows—Erin came back a year after being a total mess seemingly a shoo-in. But Kya's past dance experience or lack thereof is unclear so I can't even really speculate. Does anyone know if she's been on a team or is a lifelong dancer or anything? I didn't get that impression

OK LOL it took me five seconds to find out she danced for the Utah Jazz for three seasons. Lmaooo

Ok, girl, get it together and come back!! LOVE her look

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

You think she was particularly out of her depth, compared to people like Ashley or the other early cuts? She was good enough to get into TC. Maybe I need to watch again to know what you mean

Kya would be a stunner on the team, and I would love to see her on it, but I really don't think she has it or can have it. But who knows—Erin came back a year after being a total mess seemingly a shoo-in. But Kya's past dance experience or lack thereof is unclear so I can't even really speculate. Does anyone know if she's been on a team or is a lifelong dancer or anything? I didn't get that impression

OK LOL it took me five seconds to find out she danced for the Utah Jazz for three seasons. Lmaooo

Ok, girl, get it together and come back!! LOVE her look

I loved Kya pre-MTT airing, she was the one that really stood out to me. I think she could do it, but it will take a lot of work. She seemed like she had problems focusing under pressure and training camp won't get any easier.

I would be surprised if Erin got it together enough to be a serious contender, I remember her as awkward and an outlier. Ashley certainly wasn't an outsider, but she will have to improve a ton - she has the support, it comes down to her and how quickly she develops. I really hate seeing the struggle bus make it and continue to struggle, like Morgan, and Meredith. They end up getting cut eventually anyway, after painfully dragging it out for a good couple seasons. 

From social media, Bre, Amanda, and Cailey are still taking Jenn's classes. I expect some if not all of them to re-audition next season.

Who else? Pressley has already stated "see you next year" on her social media - after watching her dancing outside of MTT, I am team Pressley. I hope to see her again

Then there is Kylie, Jordann, Melanie, Madisyn, and Ava. I would love to see Kylie back. Not sure if any in this group are interested. Anyone know?

12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

The 1970's ladies rehearsing:

The 1980's ladies:

I wonder if Madeline Salter's mom is out there? She was 1980s, right?

Also Meredith Oden's mom!

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I would be surprised if Erin got it together enough to be a serious contender, I remember her as awkward and an outlier.

Perhaps she wasn't there long enough to feel comfortable? LOL I'm almost playing devil's advocate for some reason. I get you, though. 

Persconality-wise, she seemed similar to Pressley—kinda awkward and quiet, but likable. 

4 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Ashley certainly wasn't an outsider, but she will have to improve a ton - she has the support, it comes down to her and how quickly she develops

I would love to see her back—K and J seemed to REALLY like her, and it was so sweet to see. I loved when they said, "She's special." Like? Adorable. She herself also seemed sweet, as well-liked by all the vets and TCCs. She'll definitely have to put in work, though, I agree. She's tall and gangly. 

5 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

From social media, Bre, Amanda, and Cailey are still taking Jenn's classes. I expect some if not all of them to re-audition next season.

I love Cailey. I think she'd be an amazing ambassador, but it seems like her back injury is just preventing her from dancing with the power needed, period, and I can't see that changing in a year. I really hope I'm wrong, but...I'm sure she's going to re-audition either way. I don't want her to get her heart broken and, like, not even make it into TC again :(

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DCCnoname said:

She was performing as a veteran!

I don't think so, she was with the current DCC in uniform. She looked like she was subbing since she was in the white shorts and vest. I did see Amy and Rachel A. out there as veterans in the leggings/football jersey.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 11

I am so curious if the invited all 854 former DCC to perform. I guess it would be 818 if you subract the current 36 (and there are few that are probably deceased).

Hey Lily, Hannah, and Brennan, wanna dance as a veteran? Meredith? Holly P? Olivia S.? Kalyssa? 😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 11/13/2021 at 1:03 AM, Kamal said:

So how about another game?

Name two of your favorite girls from the current squad.

One who is your favorite and would love to see as point. 

One who you can't see becoming point but still is your favorite.

Here are my picks.

love to see as point: Chandi

maybe not point but still my favorite: Dani

I'll play

Favorite - Rachel

Jada is also my favorite but will never be point as she's the center 50 and the tallest

Kristin is my runner up who will never be point

Expanding on the game:

Love to see at point/triangle  (only selecting those currently on show group) in no particular order:  Marissa, Armani, Claire, Chandi, Jalyn & Kelcey 

Favorite Rookie:  Lea.  Although there are many rookies I really like, I seem to notice her the most.

• Love 2

60th Anniversary:

So far I have been able to make out Amy, Rachel A., Natalie Woods, and Loren (she's blonde again) from the MTT years, and I think Jordan Elizabeth from Season 7-9 but not sure if it is her. And also Samantha, maybe.

Edit: It is Jordan. She posted about it on Instagram.

Edit again: I think I spy Courtney from season 9 as well.

And if you check out Rachel A.'s instagram it looks like Cersten, Miranda, and Lauren were also participating.

But no Brittany Schramm, Jenna, Michelle Keys, Jacie, or Danielle.

60th2.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DCCnoname said:

60 years of DCC! Enjoy 

I enjoyed it, THANK YOU DCCNONAME for posting.  My only "gripe":  I wish they had focused more on the alumni as opposed to the current DCC on the big screen.  Not saying that the current DCC shouldn't participate, just that the camera should have stuck with the alumni on the big screen. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Oh, that looked so much fun! Was Maddie standing in for Kat? I didn't see her anywhere.

Maddie filled in for Kristin for thunder 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Maddie filled in for Kristin for thunder 

I just came on to change this as I saw a photo on their IG of the first Thunder triangle and worked out it was Kristin, not Kat! Did she replace her in the halftime show as well? 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I enjoyed it, THANK YOU DCCNONAME for posting.  My only "gripe":  I wish they had focused more on the alumni as opposed to the current DCC on the big screen.  Not saying that the current DCC shouldn't participate, just that the camera should have stuck with the alumni on the big screen. 

We’re VK and or mama kalina there today?  Did kitty carter dance?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Nice to see the other side performers at the Litehouse:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWRZstFl_Q-/

I love love love Lexie but wow.... The energy on this side is down by like 50%. Also, Caroline does nothing for me anymore. Even on Friday's episode, she didn't dance like a leader. She's been giving me "comfortable" vibes. I'm excited for next years squad + leaders since quite literally everyone is powerful.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 6

More MTT alumni that danced today. These were the early seasons, and truthfully, I am having a hard time remembering all of them

L-R: Amberly, Leah, Sarah, Justine, Emma, Christina, and Megan

60th3.jpg

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Victoria mom yes was there yes kitty danced 

Oh I would love to see some footage! 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

More MTT alumni that danced today. These were the early seasons, and truthfully, I am having a hard time remembering all of them

L-R: Amberly, Leah, Sarah, Justine, Emma, Christina, and Megan

60th3.jpg

Oh I would love to see some footage! 

Would love to see if Cassie danced!  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

But no Brittany Schramm, Jenna, Michelle Keys, Jacie, or Danielle.

Jenna was out of town attending a wedding.  Jacie is probably tied up with the Rockettes Christmas show.

Two others who didn't participate, Tasha and Lacey are both pregnant.

Would have loved to see Schram.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Would love to see if Cassie danced!  

Nevermind!

5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Jenna was out of town attending a wedding.  Jacie is probably tied up with the Rockettes Christmas show.

Two others who didn't participate, Tasha and Lacey are both pregnant.

Would have loved to see Schram.

I think Danielle was there as an all-star like Khalyn and Stephanie, but I couldn't quite make out the group. 

Also would have loved to see Schramm. Looks likeJennifer Amburn didn't participate by her social media post. Not sure about Jennifer  Colvin.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, go4luca said:

That's not Cassie on her IG story announcing her baby boy's sex.  That's for Misty Green.

I was going to say that didn't look like her husband, but it does look like cassie! My bad! I will fix my post.

Edited by StellaCL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I don't think so, she was with the current DCC in uniform. She looked like she was subbing since she was in the white shorts and vest. I did see Amy and Rachel A. out there as veterans in the leggings/football jersey.

Yes you are right she filled in as an all star 

Does anyone know if they did a big event similar to this when it was the 50th anniversary of DCC?
I spent just a little bit too much time today digging through social media and the big names we all remember from MTT - seems like a lot of them did not participate. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I definitely think there are a few rookies who are only there because so many vets left unexpectedly that Kelli and Judy had to take them by default if they wanted a full squad. I don't think Kelli was particularly excited about Christina, Amber, Rebecca, Ava, Madeline, or Lea, and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least two of them cut as vets next year. Instead of, "They're all so good it's hard to decide who to cut," I felt like the situation towards the end of camp was more like, "I don't really want any of them, but if we cut them, we start the year 5 girls short, so we can only cut one... who will it be?"

I totally agree. I think Amber & Rebecca will be the most in danger of being cut when next year's auditions come around. I think Christina & Madeline will be ok as they showed steady improvement during this season & will hopefully become more settled in as this game season progresses. Personally I think the so-called issues that Kelli & Judy were talking about them while they were deliberating were just being pulled out of the air to create drama over who would be the last person cut because the things they were mentioning hadn't been brought up on the show before. I mean I'm pretty sure Madeline didn't just become pigeon-toed overnight. Also, I think the number of long-term vets retiring after this season will play a role in their decision to cut any returning rookies.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Does anyone know if they did a big event similar to this when it was the 50th anniversary of DCC?
I spent just a little bit too much time today digging through social media and the big names we all remember from MTT - seems like a lot of them did not participate. 

It wasn't quite the 50th anniversary (2008 would have been the 47th if my math is correct), but they did a very similar celebration for their last season at Texas Stadium:

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

I totally agree. I think Amber & Rebecca will be the most in danger of being cut when next year's auditions come around. I think Christina & Madeline will be ok as they showed steady improvement during this season & will hopefully become more settled in as this game season progresses. Personally I think the so-called issues that Kelli & Judy were talking about them while they were deliberating were just being pulled out of the air to create drama over who would be the last person cut because the things they were mentioning hadn't been brought up on the show before. I mean I'm pretty sure Madeline didn't just become pigeon-toed overnight. Also, I think the number of long-term vets retiring after this season will play a role in their decision to cut any returning rookies.

It's pretty obvious that they will always be at least one "one year wonder" every year whether it is because of retirement or cuts, and if everyone decides to come back like in 2019 when all of the 2018 rookies decided to reaudition, K and J will make sure that there is at least one girl that gets cut. I am pretty sure that there is not one instance where all rookies becomes vets (I'll have to double check on that to confirm, but I am pretty sure it has never happened in the history of DCC)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

It's pretty obvious that they will always be at least one "one year wonder" every year whether it is because of retirement or cuts, and if everyone decides to come back like in 2019 when all of the 2018 rookies decided to reaudition, K and J will make sure that there is at least one girl that gets cut. I am pretty sure that there is not one instance where all rookies becomes vets (I'll have to double check on that to confirm, but I am pretty sure it has never happened in the history of DCC)

Yes, I think you are right, at least during the MTT years.

So who is everyone's bet? Rookie not returning or getting cut? I think most of us fans  had Sydney and Alora Rose pegged as likely one and dones. Unfortunately we were right! I liked both Sydney and AR so I would have liked to see more of them, but the signs were always there. 

What is the feeling for the new group?

I think Rebecca and Madeline seem most at risk for realizing pro cheerleading is not their cup of tea. 

Then there is also the chance of a somewhat mysterious exit - like Taylor P. in season 14, who had already been a pro cheerleader but apparently wanted to move back home.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

From Kashara’s story just now, did she have surgery a nose job maybe? I didn’t even know it was her, sigh…

Her face in this photo seems much thinner than when she was a DCC.  If you look back at some of her photos, she has many different looks.  But I cannot answer your question.  In her instagram posts recently she looks like she might blow away with the slightest poof.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TB12 said:

From Kashara’s story just now, did she have surgery a nose job maybe? I didn’t even know it was her, sigh…

489BDE30-878C-423E-8ECB-3E70E1914780.jpeg

If you hadn't said who it was, I wouldn't have a clue. Looks nothing like the Kashara I've seen. If she is happy, that's what really matters, but I prefer her "old" look.

Can someone remind me of what her title is currently with the DCC?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Love this! I wish CMT would have produced a special episode for this. You know — show rehearsals & behind-the-scenes stuff, interviews with retirees, etc. 

Oh that would have been so good.  Making the Team Throwback Edition.

• Love 14

I’m always pretty stunned by the amount of work that the DCCs get done on their faces. It’s not the work per se, but that they’re getting it when they’re in their 20s, and half the time, the fillers, etc. are pretty obvious. On top of that, they filter the hell out of their pics to the point where they look like totally different people. I would have no idea that this was a picture of Kashara if it wasn’t said.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, TB12 said:

489BDE30-878C-423E-8ECB-3E70E1914780.jpeg

I don't think she's had work....I think she's just lost alot of weight.   Her face had lost the fullness that she used to have.   She's teeny-tiny since she started doing Barre.  Have you seen recent pictures of her,  she has zero curves now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

I don't think she's had work....I think she's just lost alot of weight.   Her face had lost the fullness that she used to have.   She's teeny-tiny since she started doing Barre.  Have you seen recent pictures of her,  she has zero curves now. 

I think you’re right. An old bf’s daughter looks a lot like her. I think she started taking adderall after college and she looks so different now because she’s lost so much weight.

• Love 1