Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/4/2021 at 10:35 PM, dccfan204 said:

I don't think she was actually ever point though. I think she was just supposed to be point

Agreed, she was a a fabulous dancer with that extra sparkle and was in the triangle with JennA as point. She deserved point dance-wise. 
But I have three questions re. the 2017 triangle that puzzle me:

1. Why was Jenna denied point whereas Whitney got to keep it? Especially because Jenna’s mistakes never made national headlines? (I know what caused it btw just asking in relation to Whitney’s case)

2. Where was Kashara in the triangle before she got promoted?

3. Big Kashara fan here, but I have to admit I hardly noticed her before she became point. Any idea why she was selected over Lacey for instance?

any thoughts?

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Agreed, she was a a fabulous dancer with that extra sparkle and was in the triangle with JennA as point. She deserved point dance-wise. 

1. Why was Jenna denied point whereas Whitney got to keep it? Especially because Jenna’s mistakes never made national headlines? (I know what caused it btw just asking in relation to Whitney’s case)

3. Big Kashara fan here, but I have to admit I hardly noticed her before she became point. Any idea why she was selected over Lacey for instance?

any thoughts?

In the past, the training camp performances at Oxnard were a good indicator of what the triangle was going to look like.  Here is a picture with Jenna as point.  KaShara & Lacey made up the triangle and HollyP formed the diamond.  I'm pretty sure that this was the year that Ashton Torres choreographed her solo and Kelli called her "KaSexy!"

2017 Oxnard triangle with Jenna & Holly.jpg

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

I don't think she was actually ever point though. I think she was just supposed to be point

Hadn't she already performed at point for at least one event/game/whatever? Based on that performance, she probably already figured she had point for the rest of the year and was just waiting on the "official" formation reveal they do every year to confirm it.

18 minutes ago, LilyD said:

any thoughts?

1. I think it was a combination of events that denied Jenna point.  They could pass Whitney's issue off as a once-off event that was a "stupid, immature" decision.  However, Jenna had reportedly been out at clubs drinking and hanging with players for at least two years (2015 and 2016).  Supposedly, she'd been reprimanded and had quit, but, once there was verifiable proof she was still doing that, they had to nip it in the bud as this was not a once-off event.

2.  If I remember correctly, she was in the second row.

3.  Kashara was a 2nd GL and had stepped up when it was rumored Erica (who was the GL for Kashara's group) was dumping all her duties onto Kashara and not doing a dang thing.  So, Kashara was doing 2nd GL AND GL (and had been helping in other ways as well) and bringing herself to the attention of Kelli and Judy.  I remember hearing that Lacey hadn't really been doing all of that because she didn't think she was ever going to get point so there was no point in trying to go above and beyond in an attempt to GET point.  By the time she found out that Jenna had "lost" point, she tried to step it up, but too little, too late and Kashara had gotten it.  Not saying Kashara was doing all the work with the express intention of point as it was something she likely did naturally, but she also probably had an eye on it as a possibility and might have stayed an extra year if she had gotten it not that year, but the next.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I liked McKenzie’s entrance in that Six Flags performance! She had spunk. Also, this video made me realize how great it will be to see last year’s rookies perform without masks. I feel like I don’t know them at all, partly because I couldn’t see their facial expressions while they were dancing.

• Love 14

In my opinion, the majority of show group (Jalyn included) could be point and it work out just fine. 

Gina has improved blending in with the others on the field and would be fine as point. I enjoyed Kashara and Maddie as points as they had that "sparkle".  Bridget was an absolute joy to watch as well.  Gina, to me, is an excellent dancer, but appears to me like she's trying so hard to look like she's having fun. That's just my perception, whereas both Rachel and Caroline have a more relaxed, natural or a more effortless dancing style which is what I happen to prefer and what my eye is drawn to.  

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, LynneH said:

In my opinion, the majority of show group (Jalyn included) could be point and it work out just fine. 

Gina has improved blending in with the others on the field and would be fine as point. I enjoyed Kashara and Maddie as points as they had that "sparkle".  Bridget was an absolute joy to watch as well.  Gina, to me, is an excellent dancer, but appears to me like she's trying so hard to look like she's having fun. That's just my perception, whereas both Rachel and Caroline have a more relaxed, natural or a more effortless dancing style which is what I happen to prefer and what my eye is drawn to.  

Caroline to me looks like a 40yo soccer mom somewhere in her tenure she lost me…

• Useful 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

They took point away from Jenna back in 2016 after that kerfuffle with Holly P and the being out and about with players/alcohol/etc.

Yeah, but Jenna's was a result of being punished and not just on a whim, and she hadn't done a season on the field at point yet, so I don't include that.

Rachel hasn't done anything to be stripped of point, so I don't think they would just tell her "sorry, you're not point anymore, we're giving that to (insert someone's favorite DCC's name here)". Shared point seems to be something TPTB like now, so I'm just speculating that Rachel will at the very most share it with someone (likely Gina, but you never know).

• Love 1
6 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

While Rachel is very pretty ... I don't enjoy her dead facials or her dancing.  The only thing that keeps her from blending is her inability to never take a bad picture.  Honestly ... I don't give a care who gets point...but if I had to choose...it would be Ashley or Kelcey. 

I totally agree with you about Rachel. From a looks standpoint, yes she is stunning and if that was all that was required for point then she's perfect for it. But I think for point there has to be an extra something...a twinkle in the eye, your likability, the attitude in which you carry yourself, what you can do as a dancer and the expressions you can make. In looking at the most recent point girls, KaShara & Maddie had all of those things. Amy had some of them, but was a little bland for me. Gina had all of those except her expressions can be a little hit and miss. Rachel is just there and if she wasn't so pretty, I don't think she would stand out as much.

As for who I like for point, I think Kelcey would be a dynamic choice as she seems to have a lot of the qualities for it.

• Love 14

Who do you guys think will make show group this year?

6 vets on last year's SG are gone - Daphne, Tess, Maddie, Victoria, Rachel A., and Amanda.
Interestingly enough, the wiki site lists 17 SG members from 2020. I have heard them mention 16 spots on MTT before - does this number vary depending on the season?

If they stick to taking two new rookies on average, and the 11 vets earn their spot back there are still 3-4 slots for returning vets. I am all for Jalyn getting her spot back, and I wish they would show why Erin gets a spot on SG (love Erin, no offense, but nothing in particular stands out for me from last season). I know people thought Armani was SG potential. 
Any other ideas? I guess they could really shake things up this year and put 4-5 rookies on SG and kick off more senior vets like they have done in the past with CiCi and Jalyn. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

6 vets on last year's SG are gone - Daphne, Tess, Maddie, Victoria, Rachel A., and Amanda.
Interestingly enough, the wiki site lists 17 SG members from 2020. I have heard them mention 16 spots on MTT before - does this number vary depending on the season?

If they stick to taking two new rookies on average, and the 11 vets earn their spot back there are still 3-4 slots for returning vets. I am all for Jalyn getting her spot back, and I wish they would show why Erin gets a spot on SG (love Erin, no offense, but nothing in particular stands out for me from last season). I know people thought Armani was SG potential. 
Any other ideas? I guess they could really shake things up this year and put 4-5 rookies on SG and kick off more senior vets like they have done in the past with CiCi and Jalyn. 

I think Armani and McKenzie are both on the brink of being on show group. Armani performed with show group at the thing that was filmed for Salvation Army back in December. McKenzie recently performed with many of the SG members at 6 flags. I could see Jalyn going either way. 

This will probably be controversial, but I think Kat has a good chance of making SG this year.

1) Her teammates and TPTB all love her

2) She's always been considered a good entertainer, even if she's not the best dancer. So, I think she'll get a Kashara style edit where they justify her decision by talking about how fun she is to watch. 

3) She's stunning and I think DCC wants  to have her in performances as much as possible. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

Every time the subject of Jalyn and Show Group comes up, I wonder what really happened.

I believe the current lore is Jalyn corrected Victoria about something, Victoria complained, Kelli removed Jalyn from show group, and now Kelli harbors a deep and abiding hatred for Jalyn, but keeps her on the team, because...why, again? (After all, Kelli is known for hanging on to people she doesn't like, right? She keeps them on the team and tortures them for years.) And Jalyn keeps coming back because she is a glutton for punishment? So much so that she's going on year #4 now? Have any of you worked under a manager who clearly did not like you? It quickly becomes unbearable.

There may be a grain of truth to the story, but it's all a little too telenovela for me.

Anyway, I was curious whether Jalyn even has a job that would allow her the flexibility to be on Show Group, so Iooked her up and this made me laugh..  @JayDKay and @Pj3422 I wish I could quote you, but the other thread is locked now. Time to polish up that resume!

DCCSM_PJ.thumb.JPG.4711803ea5555f21249deee9039a7e9f.JPG

DCCSM_job.thumb.JPG.b90c56a85bb0f1bd033a7712de9ae7fd.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Every time the subject of Jalyn and Show Group comes up, I wonder what really happened.

I believe the current lore is Jalyn corrected Victoria about something, Victoria complained, Kelli removed Jalyn from show group, and now Kelli harbors a deep and abiding hatred for Jalyn, but keeps her on the team, because...why, again? (After all, Kelli is known for hanging on to people she doesn't like, right? She keeps them on the team and tortures them for years.) And Jalyn keeps coming back because she is a glutton for punishment? So much so that she's going on year #4 now? Have any of you worked under a manager who clearly did not like you? It quickly becomes unbearable.

There may be a grain of truth to the story, but it's all a little too telenovela for me.

Anyway, I was curious whether Jalyn even has a job that would allow her the flexibility to be on Show Group, so Iooked her up and this made me laugh..  @JayDKay and @Pj3422 I wish I could quote you, but the other thread is locked now. Time to polish up that resume!

I'm in!! Hahahahahaha. Applying now 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 7/3/2021 at 3:17 PM, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

So what does everyone generally think first and second Group Leaders will look like? 🤔 I'm inclined to think of this picture as possible Group Leaders IMO but obviously it's just a purely random attempt at a guess! 

Group 1: Lexie & Amber (Paired together last year)

Group 2: Gina & Caroline (Paired together last year)

Group 3: Ashlee & Kelcey

Group 4: Rachel & Chandi

Would it be likely to see Lexie & Amber and Gina & Caroline paired together again this year or will they perhaps want to switch it up? Would love to hear someone's input/guesses and thoughts on this!

Also, would like to add that there are also so many other strong, dependable DCC deserving of Group Leader positions this season (Erin, Taylor, Madeline, Jalyn, Lisa, Kristin, Kat - take your pick from the girls left from the upper classes) so would love to hear everyone's predictions for the 8 spots!! 

IMG_20210703_190319.jpg

Definitely see Caroline or Amber being promoted over Rachel even if it breaks up existing partnerships. Both have teaching experience and seem to have more of the coaching personality than Rachel. Nothing against Rachel, just think the other two are better fits for the job. Definitely see Kelcey and Chandi in the mix for 2GL, Erin and Taylor also strike me as the type, but Taylor may not want the extra responsibility with such a taxing job outside DCC. 

12 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Formation from yesterday...

Anyone know which "X" McKenzie and Chandi were?                             

Gina

Caroline         Amber

X                Rachel           Ashlee

X                Kelcey

Chandi on the outside, McKenzie in the back. I was looking at this earlier today and could definitely see them moving Chandi up this year. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I don't know anything about the current rookies yet but I could see any of the rookies from last year getting a SG spot. Armani and McKenzie were unlucky last time, they loved Darian and Elli in DCC and both are good at hip-hop. 

I'm also desperate for Jalyn to get her spot back too!

I think Erin got a spot because she's a beautifully trained dancer and her hip hop has significantly improved from her first tryout. She's one of the best they have at the lyrical style. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Are they going to perform with mask this year since the vaccine is required?

I’m gonna cry if the point position is split again this year

If I have this correct - vaccinated girls don’t have to distance or wear masks on the field.

non vaccinated must mask and distance 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, PepperM said:

Definitely see Caroline or Amber being promoted over Rachel even if it breaks up existing partnerships. Both have teaching experience and seem to have more of the coaching personality than Rachel. Nothing against Rachel, just think the other two are better fits for the job. Definitely see Kelcey and Chandi in the mix for 2GL, Erin and Taylor also strike me as the type, but Taylor may not want the extra responsibility with such a taxing job outside DCC. 

Chandi on the outside, McKenzie in the back. I was looking at this earlier today and could definitely see them moving Chandi up this year. 

Honestly, my eye went straight to Chandi in the vid! Love her sassiness and confidence and how she's grown as a performer since her rookie year. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I think Armani and McKenzie are both on the brink of being on show group. Armani performed with show group at the thing that was filmed for Salvation Army back in December. McKenzie recently performed with many of the SG members at 6 flags. I could see Jalyn going either way. 

This will probably be controversial, but I think Kat has a good chance of making SG this year.

1) Her teammates and TPTB all love her

2) She's always been considered a good entertainer, even if she's not the best dancer. So, I think she'll get a Kashara style edit where they justify her decision by talking about how fun she is to watch. 

3) She's stunning and I think DCC wants  to have her in performances as much as possible. 

I completely agree with you HitItHarder..Bam.

Armani and McKenzie should be in SG. And Kat, who has more charisma than some girls combined, should also be on SG. Everyone wants to talk to her and she wants to talk to everyone. She is a natural with people.

• Love 8
On 7/3/2021 at 2:03 AM, sleepyjean said:

Having exhausted the topics of vaccines, blackface, cultural appropriation, and such, let us  now turn our attention to gun control, the death penalty, and trans-men and -women in professional sports.

Actually, I think we could all use a palate cleanser. Plus, it's a long holiday weekend. Yay 'Murica! I'll leave you with this...

(This is throwback audition stuff. Spoilered for those who aren't into that.)                                                                                                                                                                       

Reveal spoiler

Since we don't have any footage from this year's audition, I give you 1996 DCC finals. This is only 8 minutes, not the whole thing, but it's uncut, so you can see what it's really like. They're sweaty, they're tired, their hair is a mess, they screw up, etc. We could only dream of this kind of coverage today.

Observations:

In the blonde group,

• Carrie Reeves (42) and Shannon Swanson (44) were both 2 year veterans. The other two were rookie candidates, I believe. Shannon was the only one in the group who made the team. She was a "gap year" girl, on the team 94, 95, 96, then 2001 and 2002. (Returning after a couple years wasn't that uncommon back then.)
  • It's weird how the choreo doesn't fit the music at all. Even the ones who are doing it right look like they're dancing in slow-mo.
  • Do not miss our friend @ShellyB in the front row all the way to the left, looking completely over it. 🤣 There's another woman in the audience eating snacks, not caring one bit that she's on camera.
  • I knew they had to do kickline twice but I didn't realize it was right splits one time and left splits the other time. Do they still do this?
  • You can really see how doing the dance twice and the kickline twice really kicked these women in the tail. Some of those kicks got lower...and lower...By the end of it, they all seem so done.

In the brunette group,

• Johnene Rhodes (46) Is that crushed velvet? got cut but later made the team in 1997. It must've been the eyebrow that did it. The one eyebrow has a mind of its own.
  • Melissa Valdez (47) was a 2 year vet and made the team.
  • Belinda Galvan (?) (48) didn't make the team
  • Linda Badami (49) was a 1 year vet and made the team again. The oldest DCC ever made some of the others in her group look like pikers.
  • Denise something (50) didn't make the team

This is video is the women dancing around while they wait for the judges to deliberate. Makes you wonder where young Phil was at this point in time.  Don't blink or you'll miss ShellyB doing waaaay too much. 😆

This video is the first few numbers called in the team announcement. No training camp this year. (I think Shelly said training camp concept was introduced some time during her tenure on the team, but I don't recall the year.) Here's comes Shelly with the cartwheel. Would love to see someone try that these days.

Random factoid: the first one announced, Terra Watson, is the owner of Dallaswear, the company that makes those super-sparkly audition outfits.

This video shows the women taking a group photo just after the squad announcement. It's not that interesting, but here it is anyway. I'd love to know why it was necessary to move Cindi Burck (redhead in red in the front row) from one side other, making everyone else scootch over like that. Was this a "bouquet" moment? Too many blondes in a row?

Bonnie-Jill Laflin is also in this pic, for those who know of her. She's in the back row, 4th from the left.

This is brilliant 🤣

they need to play these swings at the next auditions to see if @ShellyB re-enacts these dance moves 😂 

Shelly please do this again next auditions. I imagine you’re the life and soul of the party

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

If I have this correct - vaccinated girls don’t have to distance or wear masks on the field.

non vaccinated must mask and distance 

Wait I thought all the girls had to get vaccinated and that’s why Amamda quit? I’m confused now

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Wait I thought all the girls had to get vaccinated and that’s why Amamda quit? I’m confused now

The NFL’s rules and standing is what I wrote, but the DCC and other teams understandably are requiring everyone to vaccinate due to uniformity, formations, close proximity to others which will be hard to avoid unless they just pull them off the field. It would be a mess to be fair and a headache to organise 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Just two cents into the issue of out of the country med schools. I have been a nurse foe 50 years! Probably at least 15 years ago there were articles & editorials as about those med schools. One concern really reflected back on how US acceptance of students. The question was posed, are we missing out on B students who are more altruistic rather than just grade driven & it is all about me… how many clubs, mission trips, scholastic awards can I impress them with? Just because you are very bright, doesn’t gift you with caring, compassion, & communication skills. I certainly have seen that both as a nurse, & as a patient.  Just saying there may be other factors to consider.

• Useful 5
  • Love 9

In watching the video from Six Flags Texas, of the ones that I could see throughout the performance (and not judging those who were partially blocked) my eyes were drawn to both Gina and Caroline. I noticed Rachel as well. Although she is beautiful, I just don't see any variation of expression, etc.

In terms of point, I definitely prefer only one person for that position. Alternating points, IMO, takes away from the impact that the point position has.  The person at point needs to be a good dancer, but most importantly for me, they MUST have charisma. I would be fine with Gina, Lexie, or Caroline as point. From my limited viewing, Gina seems to show the most charisma and she has toned things down a bit so that she is more in synch with the other dancers.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Stfarris said:

I somehow got myself Reddit notices. Thought I had gotten myself unsubscribed. Apparently not. This gem came across this morning, though. The two hour special.

This has been shared here, off board, for some time now.  My fear is the more this is shared publicly (as opposed to PM's), it will get taken down.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

There are 6 open spots on SG this year. My guess is that 2 of them will go to rookies like last year. My guess for the other 4: Madeline, McKenzie, Armani, and Dani.

I did notice they’ve been featuring Madeline more frequently in media stuff lately, but she still is such a blender to me. I think Elli more likely, or that Jalyn might win her spot back. But I definitely agree with the rest of your list!

Of the girls we know are left, which two rookies do you think are likeliest you’re make it? Tori is one for me, but I’m so split on the other. 

Edited by PepperM
Hit send too soon
  • Love 1

From Kleine’s Insta, is this all the TCCs we have left? I see Amber, Kleine, Ashley, Ashlinn, Madeline, Tori, and Mel (I used other stories to help decipher 😂) but I have so much trouble telling these blondes apart!

36C1B201-44A3-439A-8E10-C40F4F8DD263.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, PepperM said:

From Kleine’s Insta, is this all the TCCs we have left? I see Amber, Kleine, Ashley, Ashlinn, Madeline, Tori, and Mel (I used other stories to help decipher 😂) but I have so much trouble telling these blondes apart!

The others in this picture  are Lea Megan Kylie Christina 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stfarris said:

I somehow got myself Reddit notices. Thought I had gotten myself unsubscribed. Apparently not. This gem came across this morning, though. The two hour special.

I saw that and watched it last night.  I was struck by when Kelli announced the remaining people had made that team; how no one seemed to be very happy for making the team as they were all devastated by that final cut. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I think there's more TCC left, bc only 11 left means they're down to a team of 36!

I think one of the TCC had a wedding to attend this weekend, and I'm sure others left town or are spending time with friends, so they're not in the picture 

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The others in this picture  are Lea Megan Kylie Christina 

You are a goddess and a saint thank you!! I should have recognized Megan, her face is more distinctive. 

5 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I think there's more TCC left, bc only 11 left means they're down to a team of 36!

I think one of the TCC had a wedding to attend this weekend, and I'm sure others left town or are spending time with friends, so they're not in the picture 

Jensen, but we’re not 100% sure she’s coming back based on comments in an Insta story about her birthday - from Tyra I think? 

Actually, re Tyra - she and Cailey are on their way somewhere. Cailey’s from Dallas I think so they’re not going home together. Wonder where?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Jordann was hanging out with Chandi this weekend per their IG story.
KayDianna posted an IG story with her mom, but I think they are from the Dallas/Ft Worth area? 
You really cant tell from IG who has been cut and who is still in TC, which is a bummer.

I really wish Kat would post something .... she's been quiet so long. 

• Love 4

Everyone's talking about point, but the way I'm looking at it is... 

Last year they knew they wouldn't be on the field and it would be the entrance and thunder on the big screen, so they put Rachel as point because she takes pretty pictures and is photogenic. 

She hasn't ever been point at a game, so if she isn't point this year she hasn't really lost it as it was never hers to begin with only in a video. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, Xemzsx said:

Everyone's talking about point, but the way I'm looking at it is... 

Last year they knew they wouldn't be on the field and it would be the entrance and thunder on the big screen, so they put Rachel as point because she takes pretty pictures and is photogenic. 

She hasn't ever been point at a game, so if she isn't point this year she hasn't really lost it as it was never hers to begin with only in a video. 

I see where you're coming from, but in the show they announced her as the 2nd point.

So, even if she was never point at a game, the official DCC narrative is that she had a point position last year. I think it would still be a demotion for her not be point this year

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Jordann was hanging out with Chandi this weekend per their IG story.
KayDianna posted an IG story with her mom, but I think they are from the Dallas/Ft Worth area? 
You really cant tell from IG who has been cut and who is still in TC, which is a bummer.

I really wish Kat would post something .... she's been quiet so long. 

She was at the same restaurant that everyone was posting from. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 3.08.12 PM.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, PepperM said:

You are a goddess and a saint thank you!! I should have recognized Megan, her face is more distinctive. 

Jensen, but we’re not 100% sure she’s coming back based on comments in an Insta story about her birthday - from Tyra I think? 

Actually, re Tyra - she and Cailey are on their way somewhere. Cailey’s from Dallas I think so they’re not going home together. Wonder where?

They could of been driving back from somewhere 

(edited)
15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I think one of the reasons Jalyn hasn't been cut outright is because of something similar to what someone said about Brennan before: Kelli has no legitimate reason for cutting her despite her distaste for her. With Brennan, K was always on the fence about her but she was loved by pretty much everyone else so she stayed on the team until K could use the excuse of her "lacking stamina" to cut her. With Jalyn, she's been punished with loosing out on show group but K can't find any legitimate reason for cutting her that wouldn't anger people because she's still a fabulous dancer and loved by the majority across the board. Thus, she stays until she chooses to leave or until K is able to dig up some hail mary reason to get rid of her before that. 

Edited by BunnyHop96
Grammar stuff
  • Love 6

I understand the complaints of there being too many blondes this year, but at least we’re (hopefully) getting Madeline S. and Tori on the squad! 

49E8BBED-A3C6-4AE9-A848-819F75E07181.jpeg

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lona said:

I understand the complaints of there being too many blondes this year, but at least we’re (hopefully) getting Madeline S. and Tori on the squad! 

49E8BBED-A3C6-4AE9-A848-819F75E07181.jpeg

Some of these women would look great with different hair colors -  Every single one of them look highlighted from a natural dirty blonde/light brown. Ashlinn and Madeline probably look best as light blondes, hopefully they will keep them that way.

Tori is 100% the DCC look. I will be shocked if they cut her again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Some of these women would look great with different hair colors -  Every single one of them look highlighted from a natural dirty blonde/light brown. Ashlinn and Madeline probably look best as light blondes, hopefully they will keep them that way.

I agree! I was thinking the same thing. Kleine would stand out a lot more if she had her brunette color back. Tori needs something to create more depth especially with her eyes 🤔 They’re all beautiful nonetheless. I feel like TPTB change the hair way less now. Which some of these girls would be so powerful with different colors💀

Edited by dfwxo
Added
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Love Tori! Should’ve never been cut the first time. 

• Love 16
(edited)
17 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I've worked with managers who didn't like me and, in one case, stayed for more than 5 years until I found another position that suited me better.  I kept going back because it was both a paycheck and something I enjoyed despite said manager.  Jalyn looks like she's enjoying herself and that could be the main reason she's staying despite Kelli.

In Jalyn's case, she hasn't done anything wrong (that we know of) and the fact that Kelli went from loving her to actively trying to get rid of her in the span of a season (possibly in the span of a few hours to days) makes me think that, whatever Jalyn did, Kelli took it VERY personally and that got Jalyn on Kelli's shitlist FAST.  Given the timing, it would have to do with Victoria because anything or anyone that messed with Victoria or her chances were the only things that could get Kelli so mad so fast.

1 hour ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I think one of the reasons Jalyn hasn't been cut outright is because of something similar to what someone said about Brennan before: Kelli has no legitimate reason for cutting her despite her distaste for her. With Brennan, K was always on the fence about her but she was loved by pretty much everyone else so she stayed on the team until K could use the excuse of her "lacking stamina" to cut her. With Jalyn, she's been punished with loosing out on show group but K can't find any legitimate reason for cutting her that wouldn't anger people because she's still a fabulous dancer and loved by the majority across the board. Thus, she stays until she chooses to leave or until K is able to dig up some hail mary reason to get rid of her before that. 

Kelli REALLY tried to get rid of Jalyn and the only chance she really had was hoping that Jalyn did something right after finding out she got cut from Show Group.  From what Kelli said (and from her facial expressions), she seemed to be focusing on Jalyn afterwards and was PISSED that, instead of bursting into tears or anger "in public" (when she was with the rest of the girls and in front of the cameras), Jalyn took a few moments to herself (in private) to compose herself before coming back out.  Kelli was very contradictory, but upset either way, when Jalyn came back out as she was upset that, not only did Jalyn take an "unscheduled break" but that it wasn't long enough to get after her for it.  She tried to claim it was unprofessional of Jalyn to do something like that, but Kelli was, by far, the more unprofessional of the two.  

Jalyn's office visit was also very weird.  It stank of something Kelli had planned out to the minutest detail and had expected it to go according to said plan, then when Jalyn didn't follow through with it, Kelli was thrown off guard and couldn't follow through with the cut she'd been expecting because Jalyn hadn't given her any reason.  I kind of have to wonder if Jalyn either was warned about Kelli wanting to cut her in advance (but didn't expect the cut from Show Group) or suspected that Kelli wanted her gone and thus did everything she could to prevent that.  Pure speculation on my part though.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

They could of been driving back from somewhere 

She specifically said “road trip buddy” but maybe they are on their way back to Dallas now from a weekend off? We can hope, I really like both of them